Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Ascend solves every problem I have in this game and I keep forgetting I can do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

upgrading hearts first bcos my stam doesnt get one shot and stam food is plentiful. power gaming

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

herculon posted:

Ascend solves every problem I have in this game and I keep forgetting I can do it

lol I spent the whole first day playing forgetting I could ascend and then my gf would be sitting next to me and go "could you ascend here?" and every time it was the solution and I went "god drat it"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

full stamina, four hearts, cant lose

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The rewind power is really strong if I ever remember it exists

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I really only use rewind with fallen rocks or inside shrines but I do need to experiment with it more often

copy
Jul 26, 2007

yeah there was one tower puzzle that made it so i will never forget ascend exists again and one boss fight that did the same thing for rewind. the powers are crazy loving strong

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

herculon posted:

I really only use rewind with fallen rocks or inside shrines but I do need to experiment with it more often

I’ve been using it to launch my gliders from the ground :D

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Machine building lovers need to do the depths quest chain immediately

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

right arm posted:

Every time I read about people doing things with ascend I feel extremely stupid. How does it help you launch gliders.

Recently used it to get into a tower and was one of a dozen "can't believe that worked" situations I've had already. Love when even the expected(?) solutions feel like you're breaking the rules

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

P-Mack posted:

The rewind power is really strong if I ever remember it exists

love pausing reality because someone threw a rock at me and having it reverse back into their head

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Every time I read about people doing things with ascend I feel extremely stupid. How does it help you launch gliders.

Recently used it to get into a tower and was one of a dozen "can't believe that worked" situations I've had already. Love when even the expected(?) solutions feel like you're breaking the rules

I think they were taking about rewind. You can pick a glider up with ultrahand and put it down again, then rewind it back up into the air.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

right arm posted:

holy poo poo

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

hard work pays off

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

I think they were taking about rewind. You can pick a glider up with ultrahand and put it down again, then rewind it back up into the air.

I uh meant rewind I just got distracted thinking about ascend at the same time. Got you though, that owns

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
is there any good place to farm arrows? i feel like theyre too expensive

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

I just find an enemy with a bow, hide behind something, and let them shoot at me. Then I just grab their arrows off the ground. I can usually get about 10 arrows out of this before I get bored, which is enough to keep you going for a while

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I feel like they've been generous with the arrows this game. I'm finding x5 and x10 arrows everywhere.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Crates usually have a couple of arrows in them. Metal crates sometimes have x5s.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

just smash open every wooden box. I have 200 arrows

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I went to one of the few caves I remember from BotW and its now a massive sprawling thing that cuts under an entire mountain and has a shrine inside. this game is absurd lol.

so cool that this is a game where this isn't an absurd and annoying ask

right arm posted:

genius lol. recall is the one ability I'm barely using but it is satisfying to slam rock likes with it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Found a gacha machine full of stuff I have absolutely no clue what to do with lol. Stabilisers, fire hydrants and uh heads? Mecha heads? I'm going insane what is any of this for

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Found a gacha machine full of stuff I have absolutely no clue what to do with lol. Stabilisers, fire hydrants and uh heads? Mecha heads? I'm going insane what is any of this for

this may be one of the best games ever made

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

boss fights that actually ask you to use your tools and brain and not just shotgun them with a lynel bow and atk up+3 ftw

i dont know why i expected i would slide off of this. its all im thinking about. thank you ninty

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

finally got to play some of this last night. loving incredible game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ran into a white-maned lynel while woefully underprepred, decided to kill it anyway and now I have a couple of badass weapons I made from its horns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

botw was clearly underbaked and went through a lot of turmoil internally. this feels like a labor of love.

the opening hours of this game solved every problem i had with botw lol

----------------

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Found a bunch of skeleton horses in the depths but they all ran away before I could ride one. Thought I saw another in the darkness, sprinted toward it. It was a lynel. I died instantly. Game of the year

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

botw was clearly underbaked and went through a lot of turmoil internally. this feels like a labor of love.

the opening hours of this game solved every problem i had with botw lol

Yeah I like BotW a lot but it's a very empty game in a lot of ways, it doesn't have a huge amount going on in terms of quests, enemy variety, dungeons, anything like that really. It's still an incredible game but this is exactly what I hoped they would build onto it in a sequel, I swear I've posted even before TotK was announced that I just wanted an expanded sequel in the same world with dungeons, more quests/NPCs and doubling down on loving with the physics and... Nintendo does it again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Nostradingus posted:

Found a bunch of skeleton horses in the depths but they all ran away before I could ride one. Thought I saw another in the darkness, sprinted toward it. It was a lynel. I died instantly. Game of the year

I hopped aboard a skeleton horse and before I realized it 4 hours had gone by. Absolutely exquisite game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was telling a friend earlier how TotK is giving me a really weird feeling

I just finished Octopath 2 and I felt like Octopath 2 made the first Octopath feel like a beta test. Octopath 1 was so underbaked and hollow and then 2 came around and was stuffed full of life, creativity, and fun and is an incredible game.

And then I start playing TotK and somehow this makes Breath of the loving Wild feel like a beta test. How. How the hell did they pull this off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Harrow posted:

I just finished Octopath 2 and I felt like Octopath 2 made the first Octopath feel like a beta test. Octopath 1 was so underbaked and hollow and then 2 came around and was stuffed full of life, creativity, and fun and is an incredible game.

And then I start playing TotK and somehow this makes Breath of the loving Wild feel like a beta test. How. How the hell did they pull this off

6 years of development after 5 years of BotW development lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its isanen theyve made me want to clear out all the enemy camps this time, the basic moblin weapons are great for turning into axes and katanas etc

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

6 years of development after 5 years of BotW development lol

Yeah, they spent half the BotW dev time figuring out the conceptual format and stuff, this is that same level of effort but applied to pure Content.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol getting incredibly hype when a bunch of ??? labeled parts pop out when I put 5x large cores in :holy:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
treasure under the waterfall... :aaa:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

that was my last finished / played game too and I completely agree

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

having fashion npcs that tell you where the good poo poo is ftw. i felt confused in botw when random shrine chest #115 had unique climbing upgrade gear in it

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

mbt posted:

Machine building lovers need to do the depths quest chain immediately

I wanted to do this but think I'm blocked. Do I have to do a dungeon first? Purah and Josha just won't give me anything else yet