Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s a throw away gag but it’s also such a tender expression of Dale’s character. He loves his friend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Dale is probably one of those people who'd come out of 2020 actually saner.

It's 2023 and Dale is still wearing a mask, but down around his chin so he can smoke.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dale is 100% one of those guys who can't put down the nicotine vape now

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Dale 100% doesn't trust vapes

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Dale makes his own vape juice

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MightyJoe36 posted:

It's 2023 and Dale is still wearing a mask, but down around his chin so he can smoke.

dale has an airtight seal on a half gas mask with a twist-toggle docking port for cigarettes

e: i could see them actually running with this because it cuts down on head animation for a major character who tends to talk a lot

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 7, 2023

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Strawman posted:

Just another Manic Kahn Day is one of the greats. There are some all-time classics in later seasons, just a few mediocre to terrible 'Hank vs liberal strawman' episodes to get through first.

It's... alright.

Hank encouraging Khan to not take his meds when he doesn't even know what they're for is pretty lovely of him. Ditto his bitching about how women are turning men into babywearing sissies.

Actually, it was a pretty poo poo episode.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 11:37 on May 7, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This is my granny's Five-Alarm Jambalaya.

You want less hot, more spicy.
Add nutmeg.

"Less hot, more spicy,
add nutmeg." Of course, okay.

Aunt Laverne's Chicken Fried Chicken.

Too much Mrs. Dash, add nutmeg.

"Too much Mrs. Dash."

And this here is my very own rabbit stew.

Rabbit! You rednecks will eat anything!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Another Bill posted:

I’ve got half a mind to go down to Nova Scotia and kick that Benedict’s rear end, honey.

I really can't stand seeing Joe Jack all teary there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Disco Godfather posted:

Dale makes his own vape juice

Dale making his own vape juice in a basement full of leaking pesticide containers pretty closely resembles what was going on with the craft juice business in the early days

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I really can't stand seeing Joe Jack all teary there.

Joe Jack is a hot mess of a person in all the real ways and I love him for it.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
You gotta be right with God to attend my church, Honey.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Ha! Was perusing the guest stars on Wikipedia and Kerri Strug played herself.

“It’s compulsory that you be my Valentine”
Gives Bobby her gold medal
He proceeds to unwrap it and eat it like it’s chocolate

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"Yeah I, uh, had a big lunch that didn't tempt fate. Oh, you hear that? Minh's calling me... ahh!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd have eaten all that poo poo, no way in hell would I waste that much food.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i don't want this sequel, i want a prequel about a young Buck Strickland and the genesis of Strickland Propane

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The corpse of most entertainment you loved eventually gets dug up and puppeted around, but I'm actually kinda dreading this one

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The revivals of Beavis and Butthead are actually pretty good which relieves a lot of my apprehension about a revival of this.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SettingSun posted:

The revivals of Beavis and Butthead are actually pretty good which relieves a lot of my apprehension about a revival of this.

I've been pretty much on board with everything Mike Judge has done. Silicon Valley and Tales from the Tour Bus are great. I even liked Extract.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's also okay to like only part of a show see The Simpsons. (There's another thread to say where this line is but I think everyone on this forum agrees there's a line)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been pretty much on board with everything Mike Judge has done. Silicon Valley and Tales from the Tour Bus are great. I even liked Extract.

That lady from Extract who always gets pissed off and goes "...well I'm just gonna sit here!!" enters my mind a lot

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/retronewsnow/status/1657921139253862406?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Simpler times

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

LMAO they really made this website

https://web.archive.org/web/20000621110558/http://www.peggysfeet.com/home.htm

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
Another victim of the flashpocalypse

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Thank god Titus survived

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SettingSun posted:

I quite liked that as well, but updating the media they're ripping on is really smart. Aging the characters up is a hell of a gamble.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

old beavis and butthead are hilarious

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

A MIRACLE posted:

Agreed. Aging them up unlocked a whole new world of storylines for them to explore. It's great.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A MIRACLE posted:

Is it ever going to be available outside of Paramount+ or whatever the gently caress it's on?

The new KOTH won't end up there, will it? Since Fox (and therefore Disney) own it?

Love it or hate it, Peggy is a Disney Princess.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hank removed the sword from the stone with some WD-40

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Neurolimal posted:

Thank god Titus survived

I think it was an underrated show.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it ever going to be available outside of Paramount+ or whatever the gently caress it's on?

The new KOTH won't end up there, will it? Since Fox (and therefore Disney) own it?

Pretty sure new KOTH is gonna be Hulu.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

New KoTH is set for Hulu, but I’m hearing two conflicting reports that Disney is trying to sell off their controlling interest in Hulu and also that they’re going to merge Disney+ and Hulu. I’m thinking they couldn’t find anyone to sell to so now they wanna merge them. From what I gather, Disney+ outside of the US has pretty much all the Hulu content anyway.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I jumped ahead about ten pages, and I hate doing that.

but. a couple things.

- Goon who said Boomhauer was assigned to watch Dale, makes so much sense, it's insane
- The line about Congo, where they both reminisced about the laser scene that was only in the movie
- Almost every single B character kicks rear end in their own way
- How do you nerds know the names of every single episode (no hate, all love, I just can't fathom it.)

Also, more gifs, and video clips, because my memory blows and I only vaguely remember what some posts are referencing.

Which makes it sound like it's time for me to watch the series all over

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Put that way, that's pretty much what she has in common with Hank.

Actually a key thing is they're both naive, though they express it in different ways, as Hank is stubborn and has a hard time changing his mind, while Peggy just has a huge ego that once provoked makes her double down on her first assumption. She can be downright savvy once she actually figures out what's going on, while Hank struggles with adjusting his frame of mind to new information, being so set in his ways.

On that note, I think one of the reasons Dale and Peggy both get along poorly and are scary when they team up is because they're so similar; probably above average intelligence and more competent than they seem, but also both have huge egos and a propensity to self-delusion. (Dale just mentally rewrites his theories to suit any new information as if he knew it all along, usually) Normally they bounce off each other but when they both have wounded egos and an external enemy to take them out on, whoo boy.

I remember when Hank went to buy a vehicle, but Peggy was like "ohh, oh no" So she definitely has some savvy. "PEGGY HILL!" She has occasions where she picks up on things that Hank, or others don't. Few and far between, but it happens. But then spa-Peggy and meatballs, or whatever. And the "Genius" scam with the book, just made me sad, but had a good ending.

e- of course all my points were reiterated or brought up in the last 10 pages I skipped. ANy way. love the thread. more clips and gifs with the references, plz

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 16, 2023

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

blight rhino posted:

"PEGGY HILL!"

Pe-heeggy Hill

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Pretty sure they’ve been airing it on Comedy Central these last few months.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bum the Sad posted:

Pretty sure they’ve been airing it on Comedy Central these last few months.

The new season as it's released, or did they get rights to the first season reruns?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

pixaal posted:

The new season as it's released, or did they get rights to the first season reruns?

First season reruns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

blight rhino posted:

- How do you nerds know the names of every single episode (no hate, all love, I just can't fathom it.)

Because I binge KotH episodes like Zoomers browse TikTok and on Hulu the episode names are front and center. If you asked me in the television era 20 years ago I'd describe episodes like Friends titles. You know, the one where Luanne moves into her own place with the psycho roommates. Movin' On Up