Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

no wasted movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

I think it was specifically "four pillars of people who actually watch WWE, because the joke is only four people here watch WWE with any regularity, with everybody else just parachuting in during PPVs to laugh at it."

Anyway, I will crush Rarity at the premium live event.

Rarity posted:

I will tap you out at Post at the Coast

Now this is a feud! Forget Orton Vs. Cena, THIS will drive numbers for the pape! Prediction: in a horrible Don Callis like turn QoP tosses the screwdriver to Mjeff. That bastard!

zetamind2000 posted:

RacistGuidingLight, banned since 2018

I miss him.

TheKingslayer posted:

Bandido's move makes him look like a cool super strong badass.

That guy's move makes him look like a moron.

WWE.txt

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DogsInSpace! posted:

All this talk of four pillars of PSP and no Cavauro??? Cav has single-handedly held us together through the worst times like Heel Maggle, Anonymous GM, top of the card Shane O Mac and Tribal Chief Head of the Table Death March. He may not have been here for the entire lolCenawinz era but he was with us in spirit.

We should have a 4 way dance between Mjeff, Shard, QoP and Rawritty for the fourth slot. I’m voting for Rarity, not just for the scoops, but more for her super taunt, the Micro Wave.

He was the guy who worked for MBS’s kids right? The goon lore is deep. I still miss Old Painless and the guy with the Professor Kevin Nash avatar.

I'd love to but I don't wanna

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The_Rob posted:

All he would have to do is when he jumps to the apron he can do a double stomp or a knee or something, than he can jump back in for the suplex.

I entirely agree with you, and the tag team person. It's extraneous movement but the basic idea of slingshot German suplex is solid.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

what did RGL get banned for

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Orange Carlisle posted:

Rap sheet says that he posted in an nxt thread after being warned that he'd get a ban for doing it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DogsInSpace! posted:

He was the guy who worked for MBS’s kids right? The goon lore is deep.

He was referring to anyone discussing the Saudi plane incident negatively as an idiot and then flipped out in the Streetbeefs thread, admitting that he was working as a teacher for Vision 2030. And he would go into recovery threads and call people pussies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

saying "nxt loving sucks" and getting reported by people who 1 year later were all yelling the same words from the rooftops

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 16, 2023

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
banned for prophecy

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Everyone else should be punished for being on the roof when they’re not allowed up there

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

Everyone else should be punished for being on the roof when they’re not allowed up there

https://youtu.be/5HxwkZGzqS4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mons Hubris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuhoF6kqoo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i miss when mike was kid dynamite

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He can still be Kid Dynamite in your heart.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mons Hubris posted:

my landlord sent me a text about this last week

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mons Hubris posted:

I remember the night RGL danced atop the NXT thread.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Bandido's move makes him look like a cool super strong badass.

That guy's move makes him look like a moron.

This

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DogsInSpace! posted:

We should have a 4 way dance between Mjeff, Shard, QoP and Rawritty for the fourth slot. I’m voting for Rarity, not just for the scoops, but more for her super taunt, the Micro Wave.

I’d win. I love the Fed

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So my understanding is Roman and Solo, SmackDown guys are gonna face Kevin and Sami, Raw guys, for the tag titles. And also Seth, a Raw guy, competing for the Raw title, is building a match against Roman, a SmackDown guy with the SmackDown title.

Cool brand split.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He was referring to anyone discussing the Saudi plane incident negatively as an idiot and then flipped out in the Streetbeefs thread, admitting that he was working as a teacher for Vision 2030. And he would go into recovery threads and call people pussies.

BRING BACK THE STREETBEEFS THREAD DAMMIT

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Vandar posted:

BRING BACK THE STREETBEEFS THREAD DAMMIT

Sammi's cool with it now so it should be ok

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Behind the Bastards Vince McMahon episode 1 (of 6!) is out.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

Get his rear end

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kennel posted:

Lowtax reference about 18 minutes in lol

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Holy poo poo it’s a 6 parter. The series on Josef Mengele was only 4 parts

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 16, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Lol and same number of episodes as Henry Kissinger :stare:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Well, he never beat God

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Episode 1 is talking about the history of wrestling from the carny roots and finishes off talking about Fritz Von Erich and how he hosed up his children.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That's one element of the Von Erichs DSOTR episode that never sat well with me, the fact that there's very little time spent exploring the relationship between Fritz and his sons. The episode seems content to portray Fritz as a good man who could do nothing but watch as tragedy after tragedy befell his family, never raising the question as to whether his control over their lives made him at least partially responsible for their suffering.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
17 minutes in they’re talking about Uwe Boll fighting “comedy writers on the internet”

Said Lowtax had it coming lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Climbing onto the roof before climbing down to deliver a suplex

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Seth Rollins was seen in set pics for the new Captain America movie playing one of the Serpent Society

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barry Bluejeans posted:

That's one element of the Von Erichs DSOTR episode that never sat well with me, the fact that there's very little time spent exploring the relationship between Fritz and his sons. The episode seems content to portray Fritz as a good man who could do nothing but watch as tragedy after tragedy befell his family, never raising the question as to whether his control over their lives made him at least partially responsible for their suffering.

Would probably have been awkward to take that angle when working with his one surviving son

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Of course, Kevin's participation was crucial but it came with its own costs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

seth rollins is nwo...4 lyf

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Pillowpants posted:

17 minutes in they’re talking about Uwe Boll fighting “comedy writers on the internet”

bartok
May 10, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I remember the Ultimate Warrior episode being far kinder than the recent A&E Biography of Ultimate Warrior which was produced by WWE.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

MJeff posted:

So my understanding is Roman and Solo, SmackDown guys are gonna face Kevin and Sami, Raw guys, for the tag titles. And also Seth, a Raw guy, competing for the Raw title, is building a match against Roman, a SmackDown guy with the SmackDown title.

Cool brand split.

While the world title thing is extremely dumb, the tag title thing is only moderately dumb since the tag titles are cross branded anyway atm so that's really the only way for them to work. Still dumb to write yourself into the position though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

While the world title thing is extremely dumb, the tag title thing is only moderately dumb since the tag titles are cross branded anyway atm so that's really the only way for them to work. Still dumb to write yourself into the position though.

Um, no, they can keep the tag titles to the holders' brand and then have them fight the other brand at Survivor Series, then only night of the year when Raw and Smackdown Superstars get to face off in battles for brand supremacy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

Episode 1 is pretty much the history of the business, it’s excellent

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Royce Gracie was mentioned, I hope it inspires some folks to watch that