Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lumbermouth posted:

Which is what bums me out about KTB's story, I always liked him

What does it mean to shake someone's hand with just your index finger and middle finger? That was the only part of the post that confused me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lumbermouth posted:

Which is what bums me out about KTB's story, I always liked him

He was the glue of good GCW shows. Yeah you'd get some bad matches, but with KTB you'd be sure the scramble or whatever he was in was good instead of a mess and that one really cool undercard match is important when a few other matches on the card are going to be not so great.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

MassRafTer posted:

Joey almost certainly has a percentage of GCW.

Ok, Joey claims to not have any ownership of GCW which makes some of his career decisions slightly more insane if true.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1658547912182227019

Oh good now he's in the Nia Jax phase of "gosh the stories I could tell I'm too much of a pro for that tho" :biglips:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Haven't watched this yet, but a new indie popped up near(ish) me and they seem to have had a pretty successful first show. They also shoot in 4k and have good photos. I'm not used to this level of quality for a first show from a new promotion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnbdAZ0QdMs

Hopefully we hear about the next show further in advance than the day after and we can get out to it.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

what a loving jackass

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1658550396061720585

its probably easier to be thankful to a company, even if you feel they misused you, if they paid you 100k a year. and its probably harder to be thankful to a company who misused you and took advantage of you and paid you in singles and quarters like some kid who mowed your lawn or some poo poo

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jeff Jarrett pinning Effy was the right call

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Ringo Roadagain posted:

what a loving jackass

You say this, but there is tremendous content available.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1658570974764191747?t=I-0gn9vmligytzUoSuRJ6Q&s=19

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

if there's one thing I know about GCW wrestlers it's that they call the police

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm sure sometime between now and the end of the weekend a wrestling journalist will let us know Well Actually GCW Is Very Good and These People Are Not Only Ungrateful But Also Problematic Because

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MassRafTer posted:

He was the glue of good GCW shows. Yeah you'd get some bad matches, but with KTB you'd be sure the scramble or whatever he was in was good instead of a mess and that one really cool undercard match is important when a few other matches on the card are going to be not so great.

He also loving MADE Marko Stunt.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
DPW is doing a good job at being a better GCW and all they're missing are deathmatch tournaments and gimmicky themed shows around WM week

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s really been all downhill since the hammerstein show it seems

I couldn't agree more

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

DPW is doing a good job at being a better GCW and all they're missing are deathmatch tournaments and gimmicky themed shows around WM week

i think this year they will run wm. based on nothing btw

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I still like GCW even if they're not as great as they used to be. Other than some of the collective stuff, I haven't actually bothered to follow the promotion at all, but it's always worth going to their shows when they're around since it's some of the most consistently good indie wrestling I can get (at least here in NYC). I got to see ZSJ live for my bday thanks to GCW! If you have a problem with that you can blow me..

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't care about GCW melting down after a bunch of success because they don't really come north of New York.

Now Beyond melting down after a bunch of success, hahaha it sucks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ganso Bomb posted:

What does it mean to shake someone's hand with just your index finger and middle finger? That was the only part of the post that confused me.

It’s an old carnie thing to show they worked light. When a promoter does it, it means there’s no money(light wallet).

It’s more in tune with Ian Rotten.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

It’s an old carnie thing to show they worked light. When a promoter does it, it means there’s no money(light wallet).

It’s more in tune with Ian Rotten.

Ah thanks! I learned the soft handshake thing in wrestling school but not from the promoter’s perspective

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't care about GCW melting down after a bunch of success because they don't really come north of New York.

Now Beyond melting down after a bunch of success, hahaha it sucks.

Gage vs Psycho Clown in Hartford.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1658612557941207044

Brett is forgiven.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
indie workers meeting lauderdale for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64MkJ1fe46c&t=14s

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

He also loving MADE Marko Stunt.

“Old enough to gently caress your mom” made Marko Stunt KTB just happened to be there

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tampa Bae posted:

And hell Enjoy is basically if Effy's Big Gay Brunch was a promotion, except it's shot pretty well (granted it is taped because the owner/editor doesn't want to deal with the risks of doing it live; plus they can't do their nice slow-mo shots)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingHaus/status/1659551458419699712

quote:

“But it was definitely a case of me looking like I was drugs and the cops sort of determining that I was. I mean, I don’t know how many other people in the United States history have a mug shot with an Anakin Jedi braid hanging off the side of their blond hair, only a month removed from losing to Jeff Jarrett.”

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
parts of the US having pot be completely legal and parts of it being considered a life-ruining crime is absolutely insane

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Tampa Bae posted:

parts of the US having pot be completely legal and parts of it being considered a life-ruining crime is absolutely insane

Considering it's south Georgia and it's Effy, they probably would have "found" something on him to get him in trouble.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

syzpid posted:

Considering it's south Georgia and it's Effy, they probably would have "found" something on him to get him in trouble.

I also believe this comes from when he was pulled over for the super bad speeding ticket and that is probably some sort of increase on the charges.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

generally, if you're doing 40 mph+ the cops wanna search your car. Moreso if you lead with comedy. IDK the specifics of what Effy was popped for(beyond the article) but 15 years is bullshit.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

he also had an edible which iirc the weight of the entire edible is what you get charged with (for example if the pot brownie weighed X grams, youd get charged with X grams of marijuana possession)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

America is a poo poo hole

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kvlt! posted:

he also had an edible which iirc the weight of the entire edible is what you get charged with (for example if the pot brownie weighed X grams, youd get charged with X grams of marijuana possession)

That is such lunacy lol. I guess if you're in the states the play is to only buy gummies or those capsules.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ARMBAR A COP posted:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

That is such lunacy lol. I guess if you're in the states the play is to only buy gummies or those capsules.

This applies to other drugs as well, to absurd degrees. If you get a ceramic pot, fill it with soil, and then grow magic mushrooms and get caught they consider you to have had x pounds of shrooms, where x = the weight of the pot + the weight of the dirt + the weight of the shrooms.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Death before dishonor.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
This 6 way for the GCW Title looks insane (just have Allie get jumped during her entrance and reappear during the last 5 minutes of the match)

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1659664028178829312

I'm also a huge Masha fan first, so I don't care so much about the rest of the GCW drama.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Georgia cops are the loving worst. My dad was road tripping down the east coast in the 80s and got pulled over in Georgia for DWB (driving while brown). The cop saw his California ID and basically said “The fine is all the cash you have on hand or you go to jail over the weekend for a Monday court arraignment”. So the cop took my dad to the judges house on like a Friday evening and he had to fork over all his cash to the cop and the judge.

Coincidentally, there was no paperwork for a conviction!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On the subject of things that bum me out: in 2 hours

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2023/04/wwe-hall-of-famer-says-he-is-broke-had-to-sell-ring-for-money.html

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Wait, Abdullah is still allowed to wrestle? Or is he just a guest? Assuming the later cause he hasn't wrestled in a decade, and the fact that he couldn't move that great when I last saw one of his matches in the late 90s.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If you ever take a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia. You better read the signs and respect the law and order. You'll serve hard times. You'll be serving hard times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I feel like Steph De Lander gave herself that weird fringe just to gently caress with bad indie poster graphic designers