Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Had a genius idea to fuse a glider to my shield.

Unfortunately I do not think it did anything. I thought maybe shield surfing with it would make you slowly glide down or make you more maneuverable while skydiving, but unfortunately it does nothing.

It gives you a bit more height on your shield jumps, enough to nock an arrow and get bullet time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Something I noticed last night: You can shield surf on rails, and it will auto-follow the rail without letting you fall off.

The same is true if you're walking on a rail while holding out your shield.

Wish I had figured this out. My solution to getting over the track with one broken rail on the starter island was to build a train with mine carts that was longer than the broken section.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's two side quest chains that almost brought a tear to my eye so far... the reconstruction of Lurelin Village and helping out Mattison in Tarrey Town.

This game just can not stop surprising and impressing me.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The Hyrule Castle one or the one south? Cause goddamnit didn't think of looking there for her now I gotta wait until I get home.

Like for real, where is she. Hyrule Castle is empty and there's no one in the Hyrule field or Kakariko either.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm stuck at work and literally all I can think about is where I wanna go and what I want to find next in Hyrule.

This game has infected my brain. Where's the zonai device to skip time and get me home quicker?

I took off Friday to today to binge this game. Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow considering how much I've played so far, and more importantly, how much more I still have to go. I swear, playing this loving game could be a full-time job (and may end up being so for some content creators).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sirbeefalot posted:

Wish I had figured this out. My solution to getting over the track with one broken rail on the starter island was to build a train with mine carts that was longer than the broken section.

that rail is sloped upwards so shield surfing probably wouldn't have worked

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

shrine hunting spoilers: can someone give me a subtle hint for the kyokugon shrine? i know it must be in a cave, i thought draining the water going up the great plateau would lead me to it but no dice, and i cannot find a blupee at night anywhere nearby. also, i can't find a corresponding shrine for the takaruk lightroot (i.e. the kurakat shrine), there's nothing on the sensor above the lightroot, is there just not a shrine there?

A little direct, but I found this by accident. Check around the base of the plateau by the crossroads to west of the gate.

BrokenLink fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 16, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just finished the Wind Ship and now I’m not sure how to summon Tulin’s spirit power. How do I get it to appear?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also: this game continues to fukkin rule

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I just finished the Wind Ship and now I’m not sure how to summon Tulin’s spirit power. How do I get it to appear?

doesn't appear in towns, leave rito village

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sirbeefalot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP3V61bIIJs

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mega64 posted:

That's two side quest chains that almost brought a tear to my eye so far... the reconstruction of Lurelin Village and helping out Mattison in Tarrey Town.

This game just can not stop surprising and impressing me.

I did the first of those yesterday, it was very good! I just really love how much more lived in this world feels and how much personality and history the people have. I love Bolson. He's so fabulous.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Do the dragons have a set Daily Schedule, like they did in BoTW? I’m trying to track the Ice and Light dragons for armor upgrades but I can’t figure out the best places to farm them.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

That about sums up the first few attempts! I think it took like 5 carts in the end, and it was really struggling to prioritize which one(s) to lock to the track at any given moment.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm going to nominate the glide suit as the most useful early thing to get as soon as you unlock the relevant towers. Just one piece has made gliding movement so much faster and easier to control, and unless I'm wrong you can travel way faster along the X axis when it's equipped.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Do the dragons have a set Daily Schedule, like they did in BoTW? I’m trying to track the Ice and Light dragons for armor upgrades but I can’t figure out the best places to farm them.

no, they constantly follow a path around the map in real time and don't despawn. resting doesn't affect them at all

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

no, they constantly follow a path around the map in real time and don't despawn. resting doesn't affect them at all

drat, that’s a huge bummer because you still only get one piece off them a day

Mega64
May 23, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I did the first of those yesterday, it was very good! I just really love how much more lived in this world feels and how much personality and history the people have. I love Bolson. He's so fabulous.

If there's one thing Nintendo learned from BotW it's that the -son construction workers rule and they should get all the spotlight.

If they learned a second thing it's that eternally-autumn Akkala is a much better place to have a home than loving Hateno, glad we left Zelda that place, no disrepect to the excellent work done on the house's construction of course.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

What are the best rupee-grinding methods in this game so far? This is an emergency.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

What are the best rupee-grinding methods in this game so far? This is an emergency.

I'd love to know this too. I bullet-timed a blupee for like 5 shots last night and only got 8 or 9 rupees total.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mega64 posted:

Wizzrobe hunting can be fairly lucrative because you can split off the gem back at Terry Town for 20 rupees. So each of them can be sold for like 70-90 rupee profit and you can take them down with one hit of their opposing element.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Mega64 posted:

My guess is playing the gem trade in Goron City. That Gerudo lady from BoTW who traded them is there now and gives good prices if you match what gem she wants.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Orange Crush Rush posted:

drat, that’s a huge bummer because you still only get one piece off them a day
if you land on them there are other materials you can get from around the spikes on their backs

Mega64 posted:

If there's one thing Nintendo learned from BotW it's that the -son construction workers rule and they should get all the spotlight.

If they learned a second thing it's that eternally-autumn Akkala is a much better place to have a home than loving Hateno, glad we left Zelda that place, no disrepect to the excellent work done on the house's construction of course.

there's a kid in Hateno that visits Zelda's house every day to see if she's come back yet :smith:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is this what it feels like to be Kylie Jenner? I refuse to walk or ride a car anywhere instead of flying

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

drat Zonai and their private gliders, killing this Kingdom I tells ya.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

sirbeefalot posted:

That about sums up the first few attempts! I think it took like 5 carts in the end, and it was really struggling to prioritize which one(s) to lock to the track at any given moment.

This is way more entertaining than using the hook to only use the complete rail. :allears:

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

I forgot I preordered this back in like January. I have never been a huge Zelda fan (I think I played Wind Waker on Gamecube?) but I loved Breath of the Wild.

This has been everything I wanted so far. And more.

It's so good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a way to check current playtime? My profile just says "first played 5 days ago" instead of actual hours.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The more convoluted a solution, the better a solution it is.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mega64 posted:

There is a flight minigame on Eventide Island at the very top. You land a glider in the center ring and get 100 rupees, it takes about 1 minute a pop.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Do the signpost puzzles ever get any harder? I've done about 5 of them all the same way, make a L out of two boards for the sign to fall against.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Books On Tape posted:

Do the signpost puzzles ever get any harder? I've done about 5 of them all the same way, make a L out of two boards for the sign to fall against.

yeah they start showing up in weirder shapes as you get further out from central hyrule

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Books On Tape posted:

They get different, but I haven’t found any that were really hard. There were a couple where I didn’t have nearby Hudson supplies, so that’s something. It’s pretty forgiving about how well it’s held up though, so it doesn’t have to be perfectly vertical to count.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also on hills and such. And the bottom tends to turn into a point so you need support on all sides.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Books On Tape posted:

There a few where the base is pointed and you need to balance on all ends. There’s others when you only have rocks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just found a shrine that's entire premise was "You are naked, build a killdozer and mow down some robots". Love this game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Addison is a hosed up little carpenter.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The sky archipiélago puzzles are so god drat fun

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On one sign I don't know if I HAD to park my horse under it, but I didn't see anything else around and it was the right height.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
You know what this game needs? More air-to-air combat. Make aerocudas lift boss bokoblins, so that it and 7 of its minions do offensive military flight maneuvers. Have constructs chase you on gliders with bomb/laser weapons.

I’m just being silly, it’s already the perfect video game.