Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Is there a trick to fighting Ghidorahs? I can shoot the bits I'm supposed to shoot, but they're incredibly tanky even with 40-50 power swords. In contrast I can chew through tier 3 boxbot or black hinoxes in no time.

Dazzle fruit and Muddlebud are MVPs everywhere but also fun for these guys. Opposing elemental arrows also help with getting them down, but yeah they seem to have a lot of health. Triple attack potion or clothes help, and sometimes you get lucky and two or three heads will all be close enough together that you can hit all three with a two hander spin attack charge.

The other big thing is when they fly up to do their big spirit bomb attack, either use tmguats around or make your own thrust and get up there quick because if you ping em all when they're charging, they fall down on their asses and take a big chunk of damage and if that doesn't kill em you get some time to lecture them why abott and Costello are funnier than 3 stooges ever were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, gently caress this. Every single fight is "got hit once, time to open the menu and tediously heal".

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

>attach korok leaf to sword
>attempt to propel boat by hand
>slash boat to pieces

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

>attach korok leaf to sword
>attempt to propel boat by hand
>slash boat to pieces

Done that one. I was halfway into the lake when I did so.

Add to this everyone who's tried to put a flamethrower on their wooden car and drive through tall grass.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Bruceski posted:

Mine's Triforcer.

Mines Ridey.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Ok, gently caress this. Every single fight is "got hit once, time to open the menu and tediously heal".

Press shield button, dodge, flurry rush backflip thing and upgrade your armor if you don't wanna mess with that crap. Or build a flamethrower or cannon turret that will destroy the camp for you while you scare away butterflies you desperately want to catch.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Khanstant posted:

Dazzle fruit and Muddlebud are MVPs everywhere but also fun for these guys. Opposing elemental arrows also help with getting them down, but yeah they seem to have a lot of health. Triple attack potion or clothes help, and sometimes you get lucky and two or three heads will all be close enough together that you can hit all three with a two hander spin attack charge.

The other big thing is when they fly up to do their big spirit bomb attack, either use tmguats around or make your own thrust and get up there quick because if you ping em all when they're charging, they fall down on their asses and take a big chunk of damage and if that doesn't kill em you get some time to lecture them why abott and Costello are funnier than 3 stooges ever were.

One thing I had success doing was pulling them to a cliff where I could ascend through. I'd then just loop ascend -> Jump off -> shoot all 3 heads ->repeat.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Is there any non-rupee prize for the Rito ball return mini game?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yeah, I'm running into poo poo that can do 10~ hearts of damage and it's more annoying than anything to deal with. The combat seems very peaks and valleys, a lot of it is pathetically easy and a lot of it is stupidly challenging unless I build something that kinda breaks the game and makes things easy. I had the same issue with BOTW.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Silver bokoblins seem to take more hits than most Talos and Frox. Saw a boss bokoblin with a string of silvers last night and just walked on past, even muddlebudding them so they take care of themselves first would've been too many swords for none of the drops I need right now.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The Yiga Clan's efforts to eliminate me are growing vaguely competent. I'm feeling a weird emotion, kind of like paternal pride?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm at the point where they just periodically spawn wherever I go and I only notice because there's some bananas and rupees suddenly.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Yiga clan’s evolution into mad max monster truck wrestling heel villains is one of the best parts of this stellar loving game even if I spent a really long time just looking up at that plane boss and going “how the gently caress do I do that??” I finally just autobuilt a hot air balloon and dived on him from above

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hawkperson posted:

Yiga clan’s evolution into mad max monster truck wrestling heel villains is one of the best parts of this stellar loving game even if I spent a really long time just looking up at that plane boss and going “how the gently caress do I do that??” I finally just autobuilt a hot air balloon and dived on him from above

If it’s the same fight I’m thinking of, you can ascend through the building nearby, jump off the roof and shoot him

He was kicking my rear end before that

There are a ton of situations where I get my rear end beat, feel demoralized, and then once I learn a trick it’s easy peasy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Early on i found a really loving strong boss in the sky way earlier than I should have. I've been coming back to fight him every so often and I finally got him.

Hitless as well, I'd learned some things from fighting enemies on the ground that I was able to implement and it paid off big.

Feels loving amazing honestly.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CapnAndy posted:

Yesterday I was loving around and then I saw a horse glowing in the dark, so I immediately dropped the other stuff because hey -- glowy horse! So I tamed it (with the help of a stamina elixir, it was rough) and it only had three spurs, but still, glowy horse, so I wanted it, so I went to the nearest road with the intent of traveling it until I found a stable.

Turns out there was a stable right there, and when I pulled up on the horse they went "oh, hey, you found Princess Zelda's horse! We had a whole sidequest for you about that, but okay, here are the rewards and you get to keep the horse, good job I guess". So I named it Horseda.

Now how you gonna get that horse underground

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Early on i found a really loving strong boss in the sky way earlier than I should have. I've been coming back to fight him every so often and I finally got him.

Hitless as well, I'd learned some things from fighting enemies on the ground that I was able to implement and it paid off big.

Feels loving amazing honestly.

I've got one of those on my hitlist but even the regular ones aren't there yet for me.

Someday, though. Someday.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Interesting characteristic of fusing weapons

If the hilt is a short fast weapon, it stays fast and one handed even if you fuse a claymore on the blade end

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Went around to exploring the grounded portion of Hyrule Castle and the underground passageway and holy crap was there a lot to explore, and I'm pretty sure I still wasn't thorough enough considering I found armor and leggings but no similar helmet. Anyone mind giving me a general area on where to look, assuming it exists? I'd look it up myself but I'd rather not risk spoiling myself on other armor sets.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you're not exploring the Hyrulian undercroft like an average Subnautica enjoyer, then what are you even doing.
https://i.imgur.com/QtBNOty.mp4

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mega64 posted:

Went around to exploring the grounded portion of Hyrule Castle and the underground passageway and holy crap was there a lot to explore, and I'm pretty sure I still wasn't thorough enough considering I found armor and leggings but no similar helmet. Anyone mind giving me a general area on where to look, assuming it exists? I'd look it up myself but I'd rather not risk spoiling myself on other armor sets.

Upper area, an important room in the past

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Vague: between the other two
Less vague: near the Stalnox

Assuming I'm remembering the right one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha I just encountered a fire boy on the sky and I don't even know how to start that fight because I aggros it and landed bc out of stamina and he just got bored descending and left eventually while I was waiting for him.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Jack B Nimble posted:

level vigor

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

See, you say that, and now I find myself wondering, what if I glue a wing and some fans onto the bridle pull thing? Horse can't refuse to jump down if I levitate it over the hole.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1658636620915150850?t=gjjmYis02zFL3i1REt5_fQ&s=19

I just wanted another refinery now I've seen like (spoilers for what you find in the depicted corner of the map) three yoga military mgs5 camps :cry:

Oh hey this is a refinery, sweet. I got enough for another cell

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 17, 2023

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I remember the days when getting your horse on a large door and lifting it with Octorok Balloons onto the Great Plateau was novel, nowadays it's all about making complicated flying machines. I wonder if it's considered a safe landing if you're encased entirely in a cube. (Doubtful, but...)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Khanstant posted:

muddlebudding them so they take care of themselves first

My girlfriend uses this technique on me sometimes

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mega64 posted:

I dunno how I can be less vague than "it's in a room" without outright giving it away. I missed it the first time I looked in it because it's in a corner out of line of sight from most of the room.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, avoiding these tornadoes in the wind temple boss fight is proving to be a motherfucker. I can get it down to half health easily but that second phase sucks haha

e: Hell yeah, I beat it

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 17, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Fought some ninjas in a storm, lightning took care of them pretty fast.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i feel so guilty about those camps because they set up all these funtoys and things but before I get on any of em I just end up pinging whoever and collecting treasure. i at least always steal something cool to ride away on.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hawkperson posted:

I did it by shooting him with homing arrows (Keese Eyes mainly) until he made his plane have barriers and then fused rockets to my shield to launch up above and then bullet time shoot him in the head with my strongest fusion material arrows.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I did it by shooting him with homing arrows (Keese Eyes mainly) until he made his plane have barriers and then fused rockets to my shield to launch up above and then bullet time shoot him in the head with my strongest fusion material arrows.

I love it

We all found different solutions

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I did this yiga clan poo poo rear end backwards and twisted. I look for hte refinery, loving take a left instead of a right and keep going on. "Let's see what's over there, I'll look at that structure later" then I see a statue of a lady holding a sword, i pass by another one and notice the first one was pointing at it. Oooh i bet that'll lead me to a chest or soemthing. A mile later i reach teh loving second refinery thinking "what if it's zelda holding th emaster sword and that's how i'll get the master sword?????" so i turn on the refinery and get a decent chunk of stuff. Not enough because i could not find a single boulder and thus i couldn't mine for more zenite. I go back to that tiny gap I didn't explore because a friend told me that's the refinery i was looking for in the first place, and that's how I got the rebuild ability and fought Kohga 1 with no arrows (i chucked bombs at him then smacked) and now i can teleport to the other refinery to fight Kohga 2 once i get some arrows i guess! love this looney tunes game

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I love it

We all found different solutions

I sat there getting hurt while eating food, then used a fan to slow-mo when in range. Who says you need to attach it to anything?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The black mobilns that have taken over the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab area are one or two hit killing me even after I've gotten several more heart containers :sweatdrop:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Getting better armor is significantly more meaningful to your survival than having more heart containers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The Depths can be really evocative, I love dropping into a chasm and seeing another lit-up area off in the distance from a lightroot I’ve already tagged, but just undulating darkness in between it and me.

Also turning around to see a dragon casually trailing through the dark and snaking around shadowy rock pillars rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rand Brittain posted:

Getting better armor is significantly more meaningful to your survival than having more heart containers.
I've been selling gems and buying what armor I can but rupees have been not so plentiful so far :(