Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

CM Punk in none of those cheevo pics. Lance Archer and Miro are, though

His shirt with MJF is in there though. You have to ragequit out of five matches to unlock him as a wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So best I can tell, here's a list of everyone confirmed for Fight Forever:

- Abadon
- Adam Cole
- Adam Page
- Bryan Danielson
- Brodie Lee
- Chris Jericho
- Christian Cage
- Chuck Taylor
- CM Punk
- Cody Rhodes (yes, still)
- Darby Allin
- Dr. Britt Baker DMD
- Dustin Rhodes
- Hikaru Shida
- Jade Cargill
- Jeff Hardy
- Jon Moxley
- Jungle Boy
- Kenny Omega
- Kris Statlander
- Lance Archer
- Matt Hardy
- Matt Jackson
- Miro
- MJF
- Nick Jackson
- Nyla Rose
- Orange Cassidy
- Owen Hart
- PAC
- Paul Wight
- Penta El Zero M
- Sammy Guevara
- Sting
- Thunder Rosa
- Trent?
- Yuka Sakazaki

There will be at least 50, according to the achievements.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 16, 2023

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope there's dual options to select which Mox song you want tho I figure they'd rather use his old one rather than maybe pay for the rights to the new one. I hope Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks get in though I imagine if the game is successful there will be a lot of dlc packs

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I will pay $60 for the Stokely Hathaway DLC

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kvlt! posted:

I will pay $60 for the Stokely Hathaway DLC

it's a monthly subscription. same price

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I didn’t know the exploding barbed wired match was going to be in the game. I hope they have two endings to it, the proper explosion one and the dud ending :yeshaha:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it's a monthly subscription. same price

Id still pay it

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Miching Mallecho posted:

I didn’t know the exploding barbed wired match was going to be in the game. I hope they have two endings to it, the proper explosion one and the dud ending :yeshaha:

If you pick Eddie Kingston he drops dead at the end either way

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

For the hell of it, I made a list of the wrestlers who haven't been confirmed. I'm not including everyone on the AEW roster, but those who seem high enough in the pecking order that they definitely could or should be in the game. I'm ignoring recent hires like Jarrett, Saraya, Switchblade, Strong, etc.

Guys like Fenix, Luchasaurus, and Wardlow are practically a given and it's all but confirmed that FTR are DLC.

Alex Reynolds
Andrade El Idolo
Anthony Bowens
Austin Gunn
Billy Gunn
Blade
Brody King
Buddy Matthews
Butcher
Cash Wheeler
Christopher Daniels
Claudio Castagnoli
Colten Gunn
Danhausen
Daniel Garcia
Dante Martin
Dax Harwood
Eddie Kingston
Ethan Page
Evil Uno
Hook
Jake Hager
Jay Lethal
John Silver
Keith Lee
Kip Sabian
Luchasaurus
Malakai Black
Max Caster
Powerhouse Hobbs
Rey Fenix
Ricky Starks
Rush
Samoa Joe
Scorpio Sky
Swerve Strickland
Wardlow
Wheeler Yuta
Anna Jay
Bunny
Jamie Hayter
Penelope Ford
Riho
Ruby Soho
Serena Deeb
Tay Melo
Toni Storm

Man, AEW has such a good roster.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd pay double the normal price for maki itoh dlc

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

I'd pay double the normal price for maki itoh dlc

*Maki Death Kill DLC

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Where's Luther

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

DLC Inc posted:

hope there's dual options to select which Mox song you want tho I figure they'd rather use his old one rather than maybe pay for the rights to the new one. I hope Eddie Kingston and Ricky Starks get in though I imagine if the game is successful there will be a lot of dlc packs

No entrances in the game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jubs posted:

No entrances in the game.

From what I've seen there are, they're just truncated.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Do any skilled xbox operators or tea leaf readers know what this means in terms of timelines is it coming tomorrow

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1658346537217585154

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It feels insane to drop it less than a month out with no fanfare, doesn't it?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Do any skilled xbox operators or tea leaf readers know what this means in terms of timelines is it coming tomorrow

its out now op im playing it on my xbox series 1 S

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

its out now op im playing it on my xbox series 1 S

They called the third xbox the xbox one

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

flashy_mcflash posted:

It feels insane to drop it less than a month out with no fanfare, doesn't it?

Where are you getting less than a month out from? There's no solid word on a release date but it's rumored to be June 29th. If that's true, it stands to reason that that'll be part of TK's announcement tomorrow, which gives them six weeks for promotion.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

They called the third xbox the xbox one

wait till you see what they called the second one

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

I assume this is BS. How can you preload a game that isn't even on sale?

Unless it's Day 1 Game Pass and they figured out a way to find it. If that's the case we'd prolly get it tomorrow or Thursday morning.

But I think someone is trolling.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
All the waffling about release dates and delays reminds me of the good old N64 days where the release date would literally be "It's done when it gets to your town/local Blockbuster Video but gently caress you this date is gonna say 'Winter This Year' for two years."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

I assume this is BS. How can you preload a game that isn't even on sale?

Unless it's Day 1 Game Pass and they figured out a way to find it. If that's the case we'd prolly get it tomorrow or Thursday morning.

But I think someone is trolling.

I opened the Xbox app and I have the option to “Download to Console” right now

Dishwasher posted:

All the waffling about release dates and delays reminds me of the good old N64 days where the release date would literally be "It's done when it gets to your town/local Blockbuster Video but gently caress you this date is gonna say 'Winter This Year' for two years."

My local GameStop probably loving hated me when I called twice a week to find out when No Mercy was coming out

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I opened the Xbox app and I have the option to “Download to Console” right now

My local GameStop probably loving hated me when I called twice a week to find out when No Mercy was coming out

Dope. Does it have an unlock countdown or whatever?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
If, big if, that rumored June 29th release date is real then it wouldn't be bad at all since it's after Final Fantasy 16 releases and the start of July until near the end of the month is pretty good for a new game series to release since there's no blockbuster game releasing honestly.

But that's a big IF.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tony's gonna pull a sega saturn and end his big Wednesday announcement slate by saying AEW Fight Forever will be available RIGHT NOW

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It's never coming out

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

tony's gonna pull a sega saturn and end his big Wednesday announcement slate by saying AEW Fight Forever will be available RIGHT NOW

Later, MDickie walks up to the podium: "Five dollars."

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

"AND THERE'S A COPY UNDER THE SEAT OF EVERYONE IN ATTENDANCE...hope we guessed the console you own right"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

Well,

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Where are you getting less than a month out from? There's no solid word on a release date but it's rumored to be June 29th. If that's true, it stands to reason that that'll be part of TK's announcement tomorrow, which gives them six weeks for promotion.
Publicly traded publishers typically state their target release dates by quarter well in advance, not to build hype among product customers but financial investors; if you can say “we’re delivering a product Q2 and we expect it to be a hit,” then investors will expect a greater return on their investment and the stock price will go up. Exact dates aren’t as important as the general commitment.

There haven’t been any formal public announcements to that effect that I can find (doesn’t sound like THQ Nordic has investor calls or the like) but the informal talk has it out Q2. A June release would put it at the tail end of that.

Maybe TK wants to do his little Elon thing of being the personality who single-handedly makes big splashes and maybe THQ Nordic is on board with that; maybe they expect that more or less total radio silence leading into a more intense six week press blitz is better for the game’s profile than a steady maintenance of presence / salience in consumers’ minds. Maybe there’s behind-the-scenes friction between the orgs that go beyond the public miscommunications and that’s causing problems with promo but the game is still good.

Personally I expect that either THQ Nordic is confident in the product and simply has little to no skill at publicity (happens a lot in game publishing) or they don’t expect much out of the product and don’t see the point in throwing good money after bad. Functionally there’s not much difference.

When promo this threadbare this close to release (if June is the target for FF) happened with YUKES games of the 2K era it was pretty much always safe to assume that they knew they were likely to get more sales if the game just appeared without context in stores than if they actually showed it extensively before the drop. If the game’s actually good we’ll be in the classic Arkane zone of “why isn’t anyone talking about this”

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 16, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WhatsTheStatus/status/1658575169596674048 Might get more info soon.

lol he deleted it. He said he extracted the Fight Forever files from the pre-load.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 16, 2023

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

it's the big show

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pylons posted:

From what I've seen there are, they're just truncated.

drat that sucks rear end

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

a really good one i've seen around is mupen64plus. but it's command line only for some reason. here's a recently updated program that gives it a nice gui though: https://github.com/Rosalie241/RMG/releases

You want to use the Mupen64Plus-Next core in Retroarch, which adds some key features. Project64 is trash

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

El Generico posted:

You want to use the Mupen64Plus-Next core in Retroarch, which adds some key features. Project64 is trash
RMG is basically Mupen64Plus-Next with Project64's nice, sane UI and without the stink of being attached to RetroArch.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

The Kins posted:

Project64's nice, sane UI

lol

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
ProMotion Wars came out and released an updated version last month! I remember enjoying this a lot more than TEW back in the day.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
the kind folks at 2k were nice enough to patch in fatigued finishers into 2k23, and as a result all front signatures and finishers now have a buggy delay making them practically useless and possibly ruining the entire game. THANKS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

X JAKK posted:

the kind folks at 2k were nice enough to patch in fatigued finishers into 2k23, and as a result all front signatures and finishers now have a buggy delay making them practically useless and possibly ruining the entire game. THANKS!

And yet 2k23 remains much much more released than fight forever. Curious, this.