Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

I was telling a friend earlier how TotK is giving me a really weird feeling

I just finished Octopath 2 and I felt like Octopath 2 made the first Octopath feel like a beta test. Octopath 1 was so underbaked and hollow and then 2 came around and was stuffed full of life, creativity, and fun and is an incredible game.

And then I start playing TotK and somehow this makes Breath of the loving Wild feel like a beta test. How. How the hell did they pull this off

They smoked so much weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

I wanted to do this but think I'm blocked. Do I have to do a dungeon first? Purah and Josha just won't give me anything else yet

yeah it didnt advance for me until id done one of the main markers. but also idk if its actually a gate or just a breadcrumb, seemed like you could just go do it if you knew where it was/found it

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You can find it on your own. The quest is just a breadcrumb. If you get it before you get the quest it just instantly completes.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I wandered around down there for way too long and completed two quests early and Josha was so excited for me

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

having fashion npcs that tell you where the good poo poo is ftw. i felt confused in botw when random shrine chest #115 had unique climbing upgrade gear in it

This is the best change, aside from the max heart containers lining up on the hud.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
getting the ultrahand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Ff6izcRCc

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My first visit to the depths probably wasn't supposed to be going down the hole in eventide Island and dying 10009 times before winning an unexpected hat in a coliseum fight huh

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arch Nemesis posted:

I wanted to do this but think I'm blocked. Do I have to do a dungeon first? Purah and Josha just won't give me anything else yet

maybe. i wandered there before any dungeons in the southwest direction from the initial abyss site and found it before the quest leading you there.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Gathering poes is weirdly chill and some of the rewards are really cool

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/HBVm0WR.mp4
gently caress this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I went back to visit the Great Plateau and found a hidden Yiga den under the Shrine of Resurrection with a construct in it who told me he'd give me a present if I went to see a forge in the Depths. this game is massive

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

HolePisser1982 posted:

[eyebrows going crazy] You been killing the sticky lizard? Haha huntin that poo poo. Lol wet rear end hands. My man!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol I literally just did this bullcrap. My point of failure was using the same glider to get the crystal back and having the glider vanish like 3 feet from a proper landing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the game must know I'm trying to be wile e coyote because every time I strap some rockets to a minecart I die

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

jesus christ

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

God drat just found a shield surfing shrine, sick as hell you shield surf off of a sky island, land on a ski slope and snowboard down a mountain

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

drat upgrading your armor makes such a huge different.

Went from Black Bokoblins taking six hearts to doing 1 heart with just two upgrades to each piece of armor.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Just finished the Temple of Wind. Simple but interesting design and the boss was also fairly simple but perfectly executed, epic and fun. Chills when the Dragon Roost music kicked in. Almost just hung around the fight for a while because I didn't want it to end. Thank You Nintendo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Roth posted:

drat upgrading your armor makes such a huge different.

Went from Black Bokoblins taking six hearts to doing 1 heart with just two upgrades to each piece of armor.

1 armor point value = 1 quarter heart damage reduction if its the same as botw

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the story is actually pretty good even if it doesnt really make sense….im enjoying the cutscenes. maybe because i have jp vo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
just killed a frost gleeok. that kicked rear end. this game kicks rear end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All the Japanese voices except Zelda are fail.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

All the Japanese voices except Zelda are fail.

all the voices in all the languages are pretty bad but the lip flaps are most accurate in japanese and i like the little non-cutscene grunts and noises from the japanese voice actors

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

the story is actually pretty good even if it doesnt really make sense….im enjoying the cutscenes. maybe because i have jp vo

Yeah I'm actually really interested in where the hell it's going which I didn't expect. It seems to be giving a big middle finger to timeline weirdos too which gets my wholehearted approval

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I liked all the geoglyph cutscenes...in English.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

In Training posted:

They smoked so much weed.
the goron special crop :D

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The water temple was fun. Not a big fan of the floating jumps, though. Now, I need to upgrade my clothes.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

using ultrahand to lift a small rock and then drop it and then reverse to suspend it in the air and then ascend to get on top of it all because you didnt want to leave the cave and make a climbing potion ftw. i love how the stamina wheel is completely optional in this one

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah I'm actually really interested in where the hell it's going which I didn't expect. It seems to be giving a big middle finger to timeline weirdos too which gets my wholehearted approval

Yeah it seems like it's explicitly written to have nothing to do with the whole Zelda timeline thing at all and have a bunch of weird details everywhere and I'm glad because it's much more interesting for it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

using ultrahand to lift a small rock and then drop it and then reverse to suspend it in the air and then ascend to get on top of it all because you didnt want to leave the cave and make a climbing potion ftw. i love how the stamina wheel is completely optional in this one

Is it worth it? Let me work it. I drop a rock down flip it and reverse it

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

copy posted:

rocket shield ftw

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think I broke one of the dungeons because there was a clear mechanic I was supposed to do and instead I rocketed or rewind lifted up to get everywhere.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass