Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin

Schmoe Cwead posted:

what kinda maniac toasts frozen bread? extremely hosed up behavior

If you’re the type of swine to eat an entire loaf of bread by yourself, the idea of conserving bread by freezing it is understandably foreign. For the rest of us who eat it as a “sometimes” food, freezing it makes perfect sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

UKJeff posted:

If you’re the type of swine to eat an entire loaf of bread by yourself, the idea of conserving bread by freezing it is understandably foreign. For the rest of us who eat it as a “sometimes” food, freezing it makes perfect sense.

Doesn't this make the bread go soggy, and is it only specific to "sliced/toast" bread?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Tom Tucker posted:

The thing that pisses me off about the hollow earth more than anything else is the complete lack of understanding about how gravity works. Fricken Isaac Newton centuries ago understood that the gravitational force within a hollow sphere would be cancelled out by the force from other sides, making it effectively zero-gravity inside the shell. You wouldn't stick to the inside due to gravity at all.

Even the King Kong vs. Godzilla movie got this completely wrong drives me crazy. It's not hard science.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

*Watching a 300 foot tall monkey and lizard fight in the center of the earth*

THE FUNDAMENTALS ARE BULLSHIT. HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF SCIENCE?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

coconono posted:

so there’s a good chance the shooter could have been encouraged by FSB.

that's the spirit

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

ExParrot posted:

Doesn't this make the bread go soggy, and is it only specific to "sliced/toast" bread?

No. The trick is to let it set overnight to thaw. Whatever moisture came out of the bread in the form of ice will melt and redistribute, and the bread will be nearly identical to what you buy at the store.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

UKJeff posted:

fresh bread has to be frozen if it isnt eaten in like 24 hours. and it can only be thawed out once

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

isn't this exactly what kanye said

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I love how everyone knows the Magic Words to get unbanned from Twitter and they still don't change the unban process lol

Generating their own Woke Mob to get mad at

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

so then you think everyone should convert to judaism?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

tony hawk's pro semites

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

spaceblancmange posted:

tony hawk's pro semites

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Got some bangers this morning. And by bangers I mean a heaping load of the same old poo poo from Mr. Centrist.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658673087359975424?cxt=HHwWgIC8qdGY5YQuAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658690359289868290?cxt=HHwWhMCznf-F7YQuAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658698957202276353?cxt=HHwWgoDS1br68IQuAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658700947797995520?cxt=HHwWgMDT4anu8YQuAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658702405171834880?cxt=HHwWgMDThZTD8oQuAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658703673986547714?cxt=HHwWhIDUuYGN84QuAAAA

IBroughttheFunk has issued a correction as of 13:49 on May 17, 2023

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Got some bangers this morning. And by bangers I mean a heaping load of the same old poo poo from Mr. Centrist.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658702405171834880?cxt=HHwWgMDThZTD8oQuAAAA

Lmfao yeah nothing economic happened in 2007/2008 that could possibly explain why people are having fewer kids.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it simply cannot be explained

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Maté is right. The Rushdie quote without know the rest of the article or other things he has said is right.

Everything else is nonsense.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/DogeDestinyApp/status/1658674283164450820

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the reason it's comical to try to rewrite james bond is because as a character there's not a whole lot there, he's just "cool guy who fucks" which works for a spy thriller that you don't expect to have a lot of depth

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's right

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It’s like.. how much more pro-Semite could I be? And the answer is none. None more pro-Semite.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the reason it's comical to try to rewrite james bond is because as a character there's not a whole lot there, he's just "cool guy who fucks" which works for a spy thriller that you don't expect to have a lot of depth

There is also the declining British empire imperialism during the cold War stuff too. Can't really woke that up

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

some kinda jackal posted:

It’s like.. how much more pro-Semite could I be? And the answer is none. None more pro-Semite.

By gawd, Elon likes them more than Pro-Semite Sam!

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

read the comments on any of these to die immediately

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

There is also the declining British empire imperialism during the cold War stuff too. Can't really woke that up

plus he's basically a cop

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

what i mean is tho: let's say I am a writer who is determined to rewrite James Bond for the new generation and fully wokify him. The archetype of the spy is made from the mold of this guy. What characteristics can you even really change before he's just no longer a spy? If he respects women enough to not seduce them and leave them and he's too honorable to lie to people and refuses to use violence, then what is he doing in the spy story where his entire job is to do those things?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Elon Musk standing up to the vile advertising industry. Elon ftw.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
things people recognize as characteristics of james bond:
- tuxedo
- martini, shaken not stirred
- super kill guy
- fucks a lot, sometimes for pleasure and sometimes for business
- uses gadgets
- cool car

it's just a spy, it's any spy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

- tuxedo
- super kill guy
- uses gadgets
- cool car

They just do what the cia did and make James bond black man, Irish, or a Indian woman

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Raldikuk posted:

Lmfao yeah nothing economic happened in 2007/2008 that could possibly explain why people are having fewer kids.

Excuse me, something DID happen, and what happened was phone.

https://twitter.com/alifarhat79/status/1658609546745577476

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1658702861143015424?cxt=HHwWgIDUpdnd8oQuAAAA

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

- tuxedo
- super kill guy
- uses gadgets
- cool car

he's also very good at baccarat

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

meanolmrcloud posted:

read the comments on any of these to die immediately

Lemme guess: Soros is a Nazi collaborator and/or was a member of the Hitler Youth.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah, yeah, shaken not stirred. I heard ya. You all ordered it the same way.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Elon is wrong about Bellingcat. They aren't a Psy Op, they are paid to provide cover for parallel construction! :eng101:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
who the gently caress is bellingcat

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
bellingcat
bell-ing-cat
what are they feedin you?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

bellingcat is an example of a successful goon project

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Tekopo posted:

bellingcat is an example of a successful goon project

Thats why we hate him

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Yeah, yeah, shaken not stirred. I heard ya. You all ordered it the same way.

lol you don't shake a martini it's like the one drink you're not supposed to shake

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

some kinda jackal posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

A toxic user who has been banned from the Something AWful forums op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

a british man who likes using the n word because he thinks it's funny