Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bum the Sad posted:

Eh Jim at least isn’t reprehensible. He’s definitely turning into grumpy conservative older guy though.

Seems like every successful comedian becomes the type of old curmudgeon he used to complain about.

"Kids these days!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

TL posted:

Paul O: Kubrick would frame shots like this…

Louis: How dare you.

Louis just flipping out when he brought up Barry Lyndon just broke me. HE WENT TO NASA FOR THE LENSES YOU IDIOT

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I guess Gordon Lightfoot died?

Well The way a boat works is by displacing water...

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Animal-Mother posted:

Well The way a boat works is by displacing water...

"....Lake Gitche Gumee!"

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
A splash and a tear as my wife disappeared
Neath the blue briny waters of Modesto

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Animal-Mother posted:

y'kiddin'!!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I wanna see the boat movie

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He was 14 years old.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No thank you.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Is that what happens when you give HGH to a kid with growth deficiencies? It makes them look normal in their teens and twenties, but they turn into a neanderthal in their 30s?

I think I figured out why exactly Bennington sucks now: The show always needs a fifth member. The show works best when it is Ron & Gail discussing something and then pulling at least two others in. They can't do that now because one of them, Chris or Earl, has to run the phones. If they only pull Earl in, we get stuck in an Earl lie vortex with Ron & Gail getting frustrated with him. If they only pull Chris in, we get a "yes-man" trying to score good-boy-points, with no factual answer or opinion, just searching for what Ron wants to hear. It's more evident now that Vito is gone, but if you look back on Ron & Fez, all the low periods - when Ron when get down to his last straw - was when it was just the two hosts and two producers.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I don't see a link here.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Vichan posted:

I don't see a link here.

Yes, he does look like the missing link.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Every so often I think about the time Fez was mumbling in some black hole of conversation and Jerry O'Connell walked by the windows. Ron waved him in and they had a great chat, because Jerry was a huge fan of the show and knew all the lore. I must have listened everyday (almost) for 5 years but that's the one segment that sticks in my mind. That one, and Fez doing The D Man character.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

bring back East Side Dave

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AndrewP posted:

:hmmyes:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sam reminds me of that extremely weird art project we all saw on the old internet where a group of naked guys is trying to hold back that very weird looking guy from getting at a naked woman.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

This looks like a bad 'Create a Wrestler'

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

JFC posted:

Yes, he does look like the missing link.

I can see it on mobile, you're absolutely right.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AndrewP posted:

yup

East Side Dave actually understood the show, how to play into bits and riff, and that the show is the most funny when you're just throwing fat 85mph fastballs to Ron to smack dingers on, he just needed reps and time to grow a bit at the right time, and he was a stunt monkey extraordinaire (which has little value today I guess)

i'd love to see the alt. timeline where Fez's heart pops before his decade+ decline and Ron pulls the show together with him, Pepper, ESD, Earl and whoever

edit:
like the segments where they were reviewing his terrible, TERRIBLE short stories.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

After the first heart attack, Fez moves back to Florida. Never comes out. Dies.

Dave lasts until a year or so into the Sirius building move, where his marriage falls apart and he loses his mind on air.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Speaking of Dave's marriage, how's Bam doing? Did they ever find him or is he still on the run from the law in the woods of Pennsyltucky?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

yup

East Side Dave actually understood the show, how to play into bits and riff, and that the show is the most funny when you're just throwing fat 85mph fastballs to Ron to smack dingers on, he just needed reps and time to grow a bit at the right time, and he was a stunt monkey extraordinaire (which has little value today I guess)

i'd love to see the alt. timeline where Fez's heart pops before his decade+ decline and Ron pulls the show together with him, Pepper, ESD, Earl and whoever

edit:
like the segments where they were reviewing his terrible, TERRIBLE short stories.

those ray donovan or w/e short stories were incredible

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Morter posted:

This looks like a bad 'Create a Wrestler'

Mick Foley going through chemo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

After the first heart attack, Fez moves back to Florida. Never comes out. Dies.

Dave lasts until a year or so into the Sirius building move, where his marriage falls apart and he loses his mind on air.

Nah, then it would become even better because you know Dave would try to keep it together and couldn't, but instead of going silent and/or crying it would be coming in drunk and then going fucknuts.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

How does a man look so loving weird.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

that's terrible, I'm sorry.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Sam is the only botched m-to-m transition.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The all timer line from the Jim and Sam era is still when Bob Kelly was in studio and Sam is speaking and Jim just randomly goes "you look like the predator monster wearing a bozo wig."

loving killed me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42I64IqMU8

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 19, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sam's got a face for radio
:roflolmao:

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Smugworth posted:

Sam's got a face for radio
:roflolmao:

And a voice for silent film.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
And a face for throwing a bone in the air and then it turns into a satellite.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Animal-Mother posted:

And a face for throwing a bone in the air and then it turns into a satellite.

Are you saying he’s unearthly? Or that he looks like a distant relative of a human

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

It's Raining Men came on the radio a little while ago. poo poo IS FLYIN' AROUND

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Some 33 years ago this week, Mike Schmidt retired.

https://youtu.be/DOPLJQuVm_I

I thank god that dream came true.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I am the furthest along yet in my R&F marathon, and it's 2013 and Fezzie is making out with a herpes-mouthed Paul O and they're going to sex clubs. I always thought the show just sputtered out near the end so this is all rather unexpected.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
The call from Flathead on I think wednesday this week was wild lmao

Apparently Flathead had dinner with OJ Simpson and regularly corresponds with Ghislaine Maxwell

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I always thought Flathead was Ron's alterego.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Another Bill posted:

I always thought Flathead was Ron's alterego.

nah he's an actual guy and his calls are always insane

one time he called up and talked about how he was legally getting every channel and movie for free on his nvidia shield and Chris was trying to explain that it was illegal and he just couldn't get it or was doing a bit, he was like "what do you mean, how could it be illegal, I just go to the thing, it's on my TV, I'm not hacking anything"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
from what i understand, flathead isn't a misnomer, he had some kind of industrial accident reshaping