Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

I assume the left vote was split among a few candidates

yep, the one good candidate and then the bullshit opportunist candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Boston and Chicago had the least-bad candidate win, but in Boston's case it's a Warrenite so that's only so good

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/FraFilter/status/1658674188125716481

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://thephiladelphiacitizen.org/helen-gym-hypocrite/

quote:

3. She vociferously tweeted her opposition to the Union League’s presentation of its highest honor to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis — “Philly will always stand against the racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and the bigotry that @TheUnionLeague decided to honor today. Hate has no home here. #ByeDeSantis”— and then attended a fundraiser at the very same Union League, hours after receiving the Working Families Party endorsement. In short order, Twitter blew up, and she tweeted: “Earlier this evening, I made a stop at the annual meeting of an event that I have attended in the past. It was a mistake. I apologize for attending.”

now we get a stupid loving arena that's gonna gently caress over nearby chinatown and a slew of other problems relating to transportation and crime

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
what am i looking at in terms of which sorts of parts of philly went for which candidate?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

not defending embiid but he was better in the playoffs this year then jokic was in his mvp years so

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

not defending embiid but he was better in the playoffs this year then jokic was in his mvp years so

I'm sorry man. I really am

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no need to be sorry

I am happy. radiant. glowing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think Helen Gym was the good one? No idea about the third one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I liked Gym a lot

hopefully she is still on Council

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

what am i looking at in terms of which sorts of parts of philly went for which candidate?

just being brutally honest here because philly is unfortunately super segregated as you can tell

teal (parker) is poor and mostly black

orange (rhynhart) is wealthy, educated, and mostly white

purple (gym) is varying levels of wealth, generally educated, lots of students, and diverse. if you focus strictly on the central purple part (which is center city), just to the left is university city area which are upenn and drexel's campuses. the part just up and to the right is temple's campus. up and to the right of that is super gentrified areas with million dollar apartments and townhouses which is very close to the fentanyl hub (kensington). the part to the northwest are the wealthy progressive bernie types.

the yellow part (domb) is south philly italians and then the far northeast is all cops/chuds

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

provably untrue

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

euphronius posted:

maybe the mvp is kind of a stupid concept since the regular season doesn't matter and individuals don't win championships

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

I liked Gym a lot

hopefully she is still on Council

gym is a useless opportunist who only cares about herself. the mayoral position was a stepping stone to congress. she criticized the union league then went to the place like the same day. her husband is a big pharma dude. she sucks rear end.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

gym is a useless opportunist who only cares about herself. the mayoral position was a stepping stone to congress. she criticized the union league then went to the place like the same day. her husband is a big pharma dude. she sucks rear end.

god drat lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

maybe the mvp is kind of a stupid concept since the regular season doesn't matter and individuals don't win championships

except for Lebron

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rhynhart was the only one without any major baggage, has a degree in public administration from columbia, and put out a public report about how inefficient and garbage the ppd was. instead the vote was split with two shitheads and as a result the stop and frisk candidate won.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I haven’t lived in Philly since like 2011 so I don’t know anything about them

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kingcobweb posted:

from this map the poor/lower middle class people voted Parker and Gym (black neighborhoods went Parker, white/other neighborhoods favored Gym although a decent part of South Philly dagos went for Parker as well) and the upper middle class/rich people voted Rynhart. Northeast is a hosed up place of dragons

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did the gop even run anyone for mayor

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

city hall as a whole is generally full of rot. rhynhart was the only one who had any semblance of making some change and now the city will just have more crime, a few more people murdered by cops, and a stupid arena that will probably destroy the chinatown neighborhood for good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

did the gop even run anyone for mayor

yeah there's one dude who ran unopposed. he lied about being a green beret per his wiki

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve read all your posts on the new stadium and still don’t see the issue.

I worked in that area (market east ) for over a decade and am very familiar with it

not saying you are wrong I just don’t get it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

I worked in that area (market east ) for over a decade and am very familiar with it

it's a good deal worse now, mainly post-covid damage that has not been recovered from

ignoring the fact that chinatown got hosed once already when they built the vine st expressway, they spent literally 300 million dollars renovating the gallery into a dumb piece of poo poo "fashion district" and now they wanna tear at least part of that down for the arena. transit will be a loving nightmare (lmao at taking the schyulkill in at rush hour for a game) and lol at the idea of people commuting is a joke because they absolutely won't fund septa in the way it would need to be. the broad street line is a complete shitshow these days

building an arena is not gonna fix the core problems and will only introduce others

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

why are you still living in the past

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok moving to the future

James harden is 35 and has less accountability

ok moving back to the past

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

james hardon is an mvp

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Don't worry, next year Philly will definitely win...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

all you need to know is that a billionaire (who owns multiple sports teams and is about to get $1.5b from Virginia taxpayers for a new stadium) wants it. in addition, real estate developers and the Dems they paid for want it. if for some reason that isn't enough, the people who live and work in Chinatown: don't want it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

win what?

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Boston and Chicago had the least-bad candidate win, but in Boston's case it's a Warrenite so that's only so good

Chicago's case as well.
https://www.oakpark.com/2019/09/03/brandon-johnson-has-a-plan-get-behind-elizabeth-warren/

re-rail: go nuggets

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i want to go back to philly. id like to live there

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
that city controller report was cool. i leafed thru it. nice graphs.

maybe i should get an mpa someday.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1658876918987358224

could be very bad if he stays in philly (doubt he will)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am not attached to James harden

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
James harden yearns for freedom

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m interested to see how the writers strike impacts the nba

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

triple sulk posted:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1658876918987358224

could be very bad if he stays in philly (doubt he will)

hes like 33, let him go

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

euphronius posted:

I’m interested to see how the writers strike impacts the nba

lakers/celtics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Beard to SA?