Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I find a lot of visual elements of Scott Pilgrim pretty fun, but it's a surprisingly boring movie and one of the most hateable central characters ever. I wasn't rooting for the ephebophile creep to come back from the dead at the end.

Chris Evans playing an rear end in a top hat always adds an extra star tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/20thcentury/status/1658864957935501313?t=eVFhwXL2bOTV7ajGG3ru9Q&s=19

Gareth Edwards out of the movie jail
It looks good but super generic name and whole movie spoiled in the trailer.. feels like a Blomkamp style flop already

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Hell yeah.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, Warm Bodies and Anna... were what I was thinking of specifically, which is probably not enough to call it a trend. It felt like there have to be more but that's all I can think of, excluding DTV schlock anyway.

Does iZombie count?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/20thcentury/status/1658864957935501313?t=eVFhwXL2bOTV7ajGG3ru9Q&s=19

It looks good but super generic name and whole movie spoiled in the trailer.. feels like a Blomkamp style flop already

Was Gangs of London good?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That Disney Channel clip looks really samey to every other live action thing I’ve caught brief bits of. I went and looked up when it came out because it seemed like it could have come out anytime in the last 15 years.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Neo Rasa posted:

Was Gangs of London good?
Thats Gareth Evans the guy from the Raid films.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Cage posted:

It's ok, I made the same mistake.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The poster for The Creator is really implying that it's a Star War, which I guess is fine because it's 20th Century Studios anyway, so all the money flows back to Maus

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Five Nights At Freddy's teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zqS2CiZqw

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Cage posted:

gently caress I ALWAYS mix them up sorry lol

Still want to see Gareth Evans Godzilla movie though.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I honestly can't believe this thing has any legs left. There hasn't been a new game since the disastrous "Security Breach" two years ago and Scott got outted as a republican dipshit not long before that.

Also there have been at least 2 other movies that just ripped off the "Killer kids entertainment animatronics" bit that came and went in the time it's taken for this thing to drag itself out of development.

At least it's coming to Peacock so maybe it'll be worth an hour on a Saturday afternoon when I'm bored and remember I have a Peacock subscription.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Literally the Nic Cage "version" was advertised in my sidebar to watch on youtube when I went there to get the link to the Freddy's trailer lol

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Does the ultra-conservative creator get royalties from this? Cause I'll watch the Nic Cage knockoff any day of the week over giving him more cash to donate to the Republican party.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I’m sure there are still some people who are way into the imagery/lore but whether that’ll be enough, who knows.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This feels like the Angry Birds Movie where it came out like a decade after it should have

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

smackfu posted:

Does iZombie count?

Anything with Rahul Kohli should.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

joylessdivision posted:

I honestly can't believe this thing has any legs left. There hasn't been a new game since the disastrous "Security Breach" two years ago and Scott got outted as a republican dipshit not long before that.

Half the students in my kid's elementary school wear FNAF stuff, somehow

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Does the ultra-conservative creator get royalties from this?

The answer to this question is always yes. If an IP came from small beginnings and the mind of an individual auteur it is very rare throughout history they don't negotiate they get some portion of every property made from that IP forever, and there is no way to enjoy something from it guilt-free if you find their stances on issues are unacceptable. There's no Harry Potter media you can "safely" consume just like there's no FNAF media that doesn't give money to Cawthon.

joylessdivision posted:

What went wrong with Security Breach? I stopped paying attention to the games after like the third one.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 17, 2023

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Pirate Jet posted:

What went wrong with Security Breach? I stopped paying attention to the games after like the third one.

From memory: first time handing it off to a full external studio, crunched on time and budget, it was ambitious beyond the slide-show or turn-based, limited environments of prior titles in a full open-ended after hours theme park area, and then it was BROKEN AS gently caress

Like, massive parts of it lacked collision and AI was jank as poo poo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Also there have been at least 2 other movies that just ripped off the "Killer kids entertainment animatronics" bit that came and went in the time it's taken for this thing to drag itself out of development.

At least it's coming to Peacock so maybe it'll be worth an hour on a Saturday afternoon when I'm bored and remember I have a Peacock subscription.

If it's coming to Peacock they'd be smart to just be like hey 5 Nights creator gently caress you we own your poo poo now and just incorporate it into Chucky. Damballah can't be the ONLY spirit who was invoked with bad timing to get someone stuck in a doll after all.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Neo Rasa posted:

Still want to see Gareth Evans Godzilla movie though.

I don't think the world is ready for that level of violence on screen

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

If it's coming to Peacock they'd be smart to just be like hey 5 Nights creator gently caress you we own your poo poo now and just incorporate it into Chucky. Damballah can't be the ONLY spirit who was invoked with bad timing to get someone stuck in a doll after all.

That would be smart, but he's got his name in the credits for the script, which TBH could mean he wrote a draft at somepoint in the life of the production, or it means he actually worked on the final draft that was shot and will be released later this year.

So I would assume that he was smart enough not to completely gently caress himself over on rights, and could in theory take them to court if they tried to do a crossover he didn't like, but I'm speculating wildly about a contract negotiation that I have absolutely no knowledge of other than as I said, wild speculation and extrapolation from what little I know about hollywood contracts and such.

Also the Banana Splits movie was way better than it had any right to be and deserves your viewership more than the FNAF movie. It's also gory as hell which I'm almost positive this FNAF movie won't be. PG-13 tops.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neo Rasa posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

I don't think the world is ready for that level of violence on screen

Godzilla using silat on some kaiju would be boss.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gareth Edwards (dir. END DAY (2005)) is very good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

fatherboxx posted:

I thought maybe it was the sequel to TENET that nobody asked for

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
NETEN

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Elevenevele

Although the prequel novel Seveneves is still my favorite

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

I thought maybe it was the sequel to TENET that nobody asked for

Oppenheimer is coming out in a few months (it's a sequel if you follow inverted time).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gareth Evans meeting Gareth Edwards

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Baby Driver is 100% Wright watching Drive & saying “I can do that too... the style of Scott Pilgrim!!!”, and in that sense it’s an enormous success.

Yeah but magnet it on the refrigerator and ruffle his hair instead of paying attention to it

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Neet'n it's a movie about a suave well dressed author surrogate that refuses to leave the house.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Neet'n it's a movie about a suave well dressed author surrogate that refuses to leave the house.

So a Neil Breen flick exept for the suavea nd well dressed parts.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Gareth and Gareth about equally good at entirely different things, which is pretty cool if you think about it.

Certainly better than Jareth (the goblin king).

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Gareth and Gareth about equally good at entirely different things, which is pretty cool if you think about it.

Certainly better than Jareth (the goblin king).

They should link up ala Neveldine and Taylor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They should link up ala Neveldine and Taylor.

Speaking of Taylor, he just completed filming of a new Hellboy movie starring Jack Kesy (12 Strong, Without Remorse, Deadpool 2).

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Goddamn they're trying to reboot Hellboy again. It's remarkable which IPs are never allowed to actually die.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hellboy is awesome and a show that was basically the X-Files but BPRD would be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Hellboy is awesome and a show that was basically the X-Files but BPRD would be amazing

Especially if they have the balls to stick to how the comic ends: Everybody, including Hellboy, dies and a race of frogmen take over the earth.