Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Antonymous posted:

no cause social network and steve jobs are about famous individuals, even though yes they have the same structure of depicting the founding of a company. The Founder is more about the brand origin yah cause idk the guy's name even

that's what i mean by the same DNA. Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg just happened to be synonymous with the brands they founded, now we're skipping past that being a necessary step for a brand requiring a story and turning the brand into the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh god we're going to get a Tesla/Elon movie aren't we?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
like social network might be about zuckerberg as an individual, but it's not like it reaches back to his childhood, it's about his role in the creation of Facebook, the product

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

honestly if you don't think the future of films on streaming is stuff like "The Gameboys" about the [American, english speaking, white] men who created the gameboy and their wacky homelife after new found fortune or "Snap Into Me" about a guy named Slim Jim who found a new process to make jerky and had to take on Big Meat you haven't been paying attention to streaming

they already did documentaries about all this poo poo that's what sells along with docs about sex and sex work, and of course rape and murder true crime

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

always glad to see Matt Walsh getting work. but in the end, cool ranch is the superior dust and this movie contradicts that, so I’m out.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

all these brand biopics are just going to be used as training material to make AI be able to madlibs a script together

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
now i'm trying to think of what the first "here's the dramatized story of how they made the ______ that we all know and love!" movie is

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

now i'm trying to think of what the first "here's the dramatized story of how they made the ______ that we all know and love!" movie is

there's one about the car with 3 headlights. but nobody knew or loved it

Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hell even Oppenheimer is just a movie about product development

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Antonymous posted:

there's one about the car with 3 headlights. but nobody knew or loved it

right most of the time the people involved have to NOT be successful so that they don't sue you when you make a movie about it lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Hudsucker Proxy

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

you could say citizen kane is about Hearst but its not literal corporate propaganda like these ones. maybe social network is the first

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

here's a free idea for an SNL video short, a trailer that starts off like it's a historical drama but then it's revealed to be a movie about the Gutenberg Bible

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Zisky posted:

Hudsucker Proxy

that's not the real story obv. A magical black man fights god at the end or whatever

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that happens all the time irl

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

does Ed Wood count

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Flubber

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if spoof movies were still a thing a Product Biopic would be a pretty good framing device

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Wonka is post hoc a candy brand. and Soylent

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Moneyball!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I figured out the best way to google for these: search for "best movies for entrepreneurs" lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

At least Moneyball is a decent watch.

Air was utterly forgettable.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zisky posted:

At least Moneyball is a decent watch.

Air was utterly forgettable.

I remember liking The Founder too. i fuckin love michael keaton tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Antonymous posted:

Wonka is post hoc a candy brand. and Soylent

Mighty Ducks as well

Moneyball's way more about eggheads than the As

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
the only money movie I ever liked was the big short and I still only watched it once

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

Mighty Ducks as well

Moneyball's way more about eggheads than the As

its about the brand of Baseball

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

are there any non-baseball sports movies where the sport in them feels or reads anything like watching an actual game? Football and soccer are both an easy no, golf no, hockey not that I've seen but I haven't watched many hockey movies, basketball.... kinda?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
hot shots

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

are there any non-baseball sports movies where the sport in them feels or reads anything like watching an actual game? Football and soccer are both an easy no, golf no, hockey not that I've seen but I haven't watched many hockey movies, basketball.... kinda?

The Color Of Money

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
the basketball footage in white men can't jump is really strong and is very comprehensible and easy to watch. even more impressive when you consider that wesley snipes and woody harrelson didn't know anything about basketball and they had to train them prior to filming

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

indigi posted:

Some of the better Rocky/Creed movies do a decent job I feel

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

good answer

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if you've never seen the original Rocky it's worth watching and a reminder that there is in fact a sensitive artist deep inside Sly Stallone

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mantis42 posted:

Oh god we're going to get a Tesla/Elon movie aren't we?

most likely several

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
it's time for the true story of fanta

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Paul Dano could do it
that's a good choice

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Aglet56 posted:

the basketball footage in white men can't jump is really strong and is very comprehensible and easy to watch. even more impressive when you consider that wesley snipes and woody harrelson didn't know anything about basketball and they had to train them prior to filming

Mantis42 posted:

these are both great but neither feels like you're actually watching basketball or boxing. even aside from the camera angles no boxing match has boxers take turns fielding 15 straight haymakers to the dome every other round. baseball translates really well

e: probably cause it's so slow and boring (I like baseball)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Baseketball

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's time for the true story of fanta

i want a heartrending tale of how a quirky IBM engineer was accidentally tricked into helping the nazis, repeatedly, over the course of years. but then there’s resolution at the end: he gets over his trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

indigi posted:

Happy Gillmore

edit: The Waterboy