Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Quiz Whiz was awesome

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
gently caress yeah Quiz Whiz. I was obsessed with Jeopardy from a very young age so my family all raced to snap up the "easy" xmas gift that year...whatever was the new hot trivia game or toy.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

At State College the local Taco Bells used to do 39 cent tacos every Sunday. My roommates and I would kick in to get ~20 of them every week. And judging by the lines every Sunday afternoon so did half the campus.
I had a job at a regional Mexican place called Taco Time back in late '89/early '90. We sold 25 cent tacos at lunch. People would come in and order like 50 of the things for their entire office or whatever. $800 lunch ring and like 95% of it was goddamn quarter tacos.

I probably made more tacos in those few months than any normal human will make in a lifetime.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

That was a good read.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

gently caress I miss troll dolls

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SubponticatePoster posted:

I had a job at a regional Mexican place called Taco Time back in late '89/early '90. We sold 25 cent tacos at lunch. People would come in and order like 50 of the things for their entire office or whatever. $800 lunch ring and like 95% of it was goddamn quarter tacos.

I probably made more tacos in those few months than any normal human will make in a lifetime.

Taco Time the national chain??

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

holy poo poo, haven't thought about this game in at least 20 years. I think I still have it in a box somewhere. I vaguely remember this dude at It's Your Move convincing me to buy it in like 1993 and then I actually played it maybe 5 times over the next 10 years.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Montague Tigg posted:

holy poo poo, haven't thought about this game in at least 20 years. I think I still have it in a box somewhere. I vaguely remember this dude at It's Your Move convincing me to buy it in like 1993 and then I actually played it maybe 5 times over the next 10 years.

it’s still on the market, with new packaging art, and pretty cheap

fun game, good to play with young kids

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Circa 1991:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Gonz posted:

Circa 1991:

My cousin got that for Christmas. All of the roads etc. were stickers that came on several big sheets. His mom and dad spent like an hour applying them before he could play with it.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gonz posted:

Circa 1991:

Yes. My parents have still got my one of them. My nephew loving loves it.

I mainly used to fill the streets with tanks (little knock off metal micromachines I inherited off a friend's family)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

Circa 1991:

This thing owned. There was also a military one that had missile launchers and stuff that was cool too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Micro machines were rad as hell. Even the non military ones were super detailed. Little hydraulic lifts in the mechanics, etc.

I assume they were too big (lol) a choking hazard?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Micro machines were rad as hell. Even the non military ones were super detailed. Little hydraulic lifts in the mechanics, etc.

I assume they were too big (lol) a choking hazard?

Were? They're back including a revamped super vab

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Had the Micro Machines Aircraft carrier.

It was fuckin sweet.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

wesleywillis posted:

Back in Ye olden dayes, a "wardrobe" was a cabinet that you kept clothes in.

Think of it as something like a "portable closet".

Free-standing wardrobes are very much still a thing in the UK where you can't guarantee built-in closets in every or any room

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Gonz posted:

Circa 1991:

:argh:The tunnel under the mountain was a massive troll if you put a car in there you would have to pick up the whole thing to try and shake it out.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I still have one on my workbench. A little white Porsche 928. Thank god for them putting magnets on the bottom so it just sticks to a neodymium magnet I have on one of the legs of the bench.

I think I also have the car carrier Semi somewhere filled with a bunch more

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

When I was a kid I had a subscription to nickelodeon magazine but i didn't even know it. Every time it came in the mail i thought it was a mistake. Didn't say anything though because i didn't want them to stop coming, call it superstition. I remember loving those issues so much.

Anyway, I never even thought about all that till just now, and I realize since I didn't know any better I never thanked my grandma (whom I was living with at the time), so it makes sense why the magazines stopped coming after a year. I better call and thank her.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

God I have almost the entire run of ytv's equivalent, 'WHOA! Magazine', back at my parents house. I need to get that poo poo scanned and onto archive dot org or something

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ugh speaking of 90s toys I had one as a kid that I loved that was like an orb covered in lights that would light up in different colors to do different games, like Simon says and some other basic poo poo. I loved it and I can’t find any sign it existed and don’t know what it was called

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

ugh speaking of 90s toys I had one as a kid that I loved that was like an orb covered in lights that would light up in different colors to do different games, like Simon says and some other basic poo poo. I loved it and I can’t find any sign it existed and don’t know what it was called

Was it Simon?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Inzombiac posted:

Taco Time the national chain??
Are they national now? Back in the day it was western US.

fake edit: I looked it up and they're international now, baby!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Gonz posted:

Circa 1991:

I had the Pound Puppies version of this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/1995-pound-puppies-fold-away-playset-super-playground--470344754812761469/

This thing loving owned. My grandma bought it for me because I was 6 and we were about to go on a road trip to visit some elderly relatives and it was probably going to be a very boring vacation for me while the adults visited. Kept me more than entertained

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

An Actual Princess posted:

Orbix?

Also reminded me about Brain Warp. Never had one but wanted it

Fors Yard has a new favorite as of 00:23 on May 19, 2023

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That reminds me that I never got to try Orbitz soda. :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I remember seeing it and never gave it a go because well, the texture sounded disgusting. I don't drink boba either.

I also never tried any of those Sobe drinks. Were they any good?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

I don't drink boba either.

You are making a grave mistake

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

I remember seeing it and never gave it a go because well, the texture sounded disgusting. I don't drink boba either.

I also never tried any of those Sobe drinks. Were they any good?

My wife and I were fans back in the day but we eventually came to think they were way too sweet—though never as awful as fruitopia was, ugh. I have more nostalgia for Snapple Elements Rain nowadays, specifically because it was milder.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

My wife and I were fans back in the day but we eventually came to think they were way too sweet—though never as awful as fruitopia was, ugh. I have more nostalgia for Snapple Elements Rain nowadays, specifically because it was milder.

They brought snapple rain back, but it's not as good as it was in my memories.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Wayne Knight posted:

It's not close to the same as the original. All new formulas for all of them. Would love to know why they didn't just use the old recipe

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Fors Yard posted:

It's not close to the same as the original. All new formulas for all of them. Would love to know why they didn't just use the old recipe

the animal whose anal glands they milked it from went extinct

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/mandarin/status/1657050237385555972?s=20

https://twitter.com/mandarin/status/1658560175958118406?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qo0-kLFurg

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Killingyouguy! posted:

You are making a grave mistake

Boba is a cup of cold bland. :colbert:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fors Yard posted:

The best Snapple is the diet mango tea and I can't get it where I'm at. I've only seen in the Arizona. Fuckers.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Wayne Knight posted:

Snapple Air is still good as hell :fyadride:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Trabant posted:

Boba is a cup of cold bland. :colbert:

There's something terribly wrong with wherever you're buying your boba teas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Gonz posted:

Circa 1991:

i also had this and it loving ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2V4_P0v_uw

tragically, john moschitta wasn't doing his motor mouth thing on this commercial :(

Mr. Fix It has a new favorite as of 03:24 on May 19, 2023