Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Air Skwirl posted:

North Korea is really fun because you can basically say any horrible thing you want about them and a poo poo ton of people will believe you.

It’s actually great there. Way better than the USA. Same with China. Just way better governed nations with more talented and driven citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My favorite bit of trivia about this movie is that Robert Patrick went above and beyond, and trained himself to shoot like that without flinching or blinking, run without looking like he was breathing, and have entire conversations without blinking. Just to give the T-1000 that subtly inhuman vibe.

My second favorite bit of trivia is that he apparently has a massive hog that had to be digitally erased in that one scene near the beginning.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Remember when movies were great?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Now we have great TV, so what?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I remember a video of the aftermath of a car crash where a disabled truck full of propane tanks caught fire. Ruptured tanks were soaring out of frame like rockets. Honestly, it was way better than exploding.

If nobody got hurt do you happen to have the link? Sounds fun

Air Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1658828679156211718?s=20

I recognize almost all of this including 88 and 14, but what's 92 and 18?

Lol those comments

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 13:02 on May 18, 2023

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Air Skwirl posted:

This is useful but how did upsidedown twin peaks owl symbol become a nazi thing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's a stylized odal rune. Same origin as the SS runes. Nazis love futhark, which is annoying because it's cool and now it's got nazi all over it.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

venus de lmao posted:

My favorite bit of trivia about this movie is that Robert Patrick went above and beyond, and trained himself to shoot like that without flinching or blinking, run without looking like he was breathing, and have entire conversations without blinking. Just to give the T-1000 that subtly inhuman vibe.

My second favorite bit of trivia is that he apparently has a massive hog that had to be digitally erased in that one scene near the beginning.

I read somewhere that he watched a bunch of nature videos, particularly praying mantis and cats, to see how predators do the "I'm stalking my prey without taking my eyes off it" vibe.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

OwlFancier posted:

That's a stylized odal rune. Same origin as the SS runes. Nazis love futhark, which is annoying because it's cool and now it's got nazi all over it.

Thanks I didn't want to Google it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I have a buddy who is from Denmark and has pretty direct viking ancestry, and can't wear any iconography about his culture or Nordic religion because he doesn't want to be seen as a loving nazi. It's the stupidest poo poo that this is a thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hallo spacedog posted:

I had to google "twin peaks owl symbol" so we are approaching the knowledge from opposite directions.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Now we have great TV, so what?

I love movies. I like TV.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

What about 'not equal to' and the radiation trefoil?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I have a buddy who is from Denmark and has pretty direct viking ancestry, and can't wear any iconography about his culture or Nordic religion because he doesn't want to be seen as a loving nazi. It's the stupidest poo poo that this is a thing.

I'm not sure viking ancestry is necessarily something to be celebrated. Vikings, especially the raiding, raping and pillaging kind, not great people.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I like this James Cameron quote because A: Yeah it's awesome, he's actually surprisingly way more progressive than you might expect from a multi-millionaire film director who moved from Canada to LA and literally lights cigars with flaming dollar bills. But B: If you didn't know that he was this woke auteur who knows politics and subversively inserts them into his huge action movies, you might read that and think he's raging because some CHP pig gave him a big ticket in his Benz on the Pacific Coast Highway.

Either way, still based.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

What about 'not equal to' and the radiation trefoil?

the not equal one is literally "the races are not equal"

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/not-equal

the other is the logo of atomwaffen division

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomwaffen_Division

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

BoldFace posted:

I'm not sure viking ancestry is necessarily something to be celebrated. Vikings, especially the raiding, raping and pillaging kind, not great people.

Turns out every ancestor is problematic, who knew???!?!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

BoldFace posted:

This is a pretty moronic take. He's obviously not glorifying rape and murder you dunce. What ancestry is good to celebrate?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

venus de lmao posted:

My own favorite bit of trivia is that, if I have my minor characters straight, the "kid" who tells the T-1000 he doesn't know John is actually a 30-ish actor.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is a pretty moronic take. He's obviously not glorifying rape and murder you dunce. What ancestry is good to celebrate?

The aboriginals are pretty cool with their didgeridoos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

BoldFace posted:

The aboriginals are pretty cool with their didgeridoos.

How reductive. Is that what you do, just distill cultures into stereotypes?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're a white northern European, you got some "viking" heritage, all those people were Germanic tribes. Spaniards and Italians are exempt.

https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1659184941152759808

https://twitter.com/tfswebb/status/1611552771433717762

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1658186756074659850

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Air Skwirl posted:

Got some really nasty looks when the announcer called I-18 and I shouted "That's a Bingo!"

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

zoux posted:

If you're a white northern European, you got some "viking" heritage, all those people were Germanic tribes. Spaniards and Italians are exempt.

Italians aren't at least, the Normans went conqeuring down there too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/whatthehell6993/status/1658832678227984389?s=46&t=c0gactqXNUS6mwc1ykXaXQ

https://twitter.com/whatthehell6993/status/1658969449397985280?s=46&t=c0gactqXNUS6mwc1ykXaXQ

Incredible work.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I love that some of the comments are basically "you know who the real Nazis are? People that fight Nazis. Think about it." :allears:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Visigothic kingdom of Spain

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yes I have a problem with the hate symbol guitars you made

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

They're good, but they're not as good as the names the influential Barbon family had (including Praise-God, If-Jesus-Christ-had-not-died-for-thee-thou-hadst-been-damned, and Jesus-Christ-came-into-the-world- to-save.)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

hallo spacedog posted:

Why?

Milo and POTUS posted:

If nobody got hurt do you happen to have the link? Sounds fun

Lol those comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wUIJJpvcE

First rocket is around 1 minute in.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I just felt like googling nazi symbols would probably end in me reading a bunch of upsetting poo poo?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

disaster pastor posted:

My own favorite bit of trivia is that, if I have my minor characters straight, the "kid" who tells the T-1000 he doesn't know John is actually a 30-ish actor.

Danny Cooksey was not an adult in T2, he was born in 1975. He was in Salute Your Shorts at the sameish time.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Grassy Knowles posted:

Danny Cooksey was not an adult in T2, he was born in 1975. He was in Salute Your Shorts at the sameish time.

That's Budnick! Get it right or pay the price.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Ah, so then it must be the kid that doesn't lie to the T-1000.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Also great that if someone were fortunate enough to have seen T1 & go into T2 cold, it seems like there are two evil terminators right up until he tells John to get down.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Also great that if someone were fortunate enough to have seen T1 & go into T2 cold, it seems like there are two evil terminators right up until he tells John to get down.

I know the lamest thing in the world is to watch "First Time Reaction" videos on YouTube, but this is the sort of thing they're perfect for.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

venus de lmao posted:

My favorite bit is that James Cameron was upset because there was an (expensive) line item for penis erasure on the special effects bill, but you can still see it in some scenes

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

There's one scene in T2 that doesn't really hold up. When the T1000 is talking to John's foster parents to find out where he is the dad mentions "By the way some big biker dude came by here earlier looking for John. Is that guy trouble?" I know they're supposed to be kinda bad parents but they were way too unbothered by some random dude asking around for their son.

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 17:41 on May 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also they don't give a gently caress about Wolfy.