Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

There's many people in the world right now with the name "George Soros", but republicans are not referring to any of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

pixaal posted:

If they are always up you'd notice when you sit down. more than once I've sat down and looked and passanger mirror full of snow or iced over. loving hate scraping side mirrors oh good I applied enough pressure scraping to move the mirror so now I have to adjust it again.

Like assuming they are putting them in roughly the same location which is what I thought the idea was? I still don't see how this is an improvement over a physical mirror but the snow issue exists with physical ones already.

You're forgetting that this is Tesla so they'll be hidden 3 sub menus deep and you'll only be able to see one at a time

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

big black turnout posted:

You're forgetting that this is Tesla so they'll be hidden 3 sub menus deep and you'll only be able to see one at a time

Oh I thought we were talking about in general not just in a Tesla. Elon's implementation is going to be horrible but someone else could do it fine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

teemolover42069 posted:

the one consistent thing about tesla design decisions seems to be 'look everyone, it's different! we're so different! our wheel is a rectangle haha!!! the cybertruck looks DIFFERENT than other trucks!!!!". that is the extent of their creativity

I assumed Elon nixxed side-mirrors purely because they'd mess with the clean blocky aesthetic of his oversized toy truck.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Mirrors are really bad for aerodynamics, which is king when it comes to highway efficiency, all the European brands have at least experimened with cameras. Not that it matters for the cybertruck since it's a giant pile of dogshit already.

Edit: requiring actual mirrors instead of cameras is one of the few places where North American automotive design regulations are superior to European

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You really want to use them as tiny wings.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Will someone impregnate me?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Looking into it

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Speleothing posted:

Mirrors are really bad for aerodynamics, which is king when it comes to highway efficiency, all the European brands have at least experimened with cameras. Not that it matters for the cybertruck since it's a giant pile of dogshit already.

Edit: requiring actual mirrors instead of cameras is one of the few places where North American automotive design regulations are superior to European

I recall reading something in R&T recently about Mercedes Benz aerodynamicists talking about how it does impact efficiency however the energy required to power cameras instead basically makes it a wash

edit:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a42474282/mercedes-vision-eqxx-aero-secrets-747-mile/

quote:

“When looking at every detail, we obviously talked about using cameras instead of side mirrors. In the end, it was a trade-off between drag and energy efficiency. As mirror cameras require dedicated screens that consume energy, the aero-optimized mirrors won. To reduce the frontal area, we shaped a double mirror base.” Typically, side mirrors add between two and eight percent to the overall drag of a design. The EQXX’s are below two percent.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
more like.. Cyber-Yuck! (do not steal)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Full movies in one easy upload. Another Elon success

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1659238056132501506?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/3FyOLRt.mp4

:piss:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
shoulda stopped on red

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Literally only for movie piracy or extended far right diatribes

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No, see: the Tesla computer simply read the sign that said, "All vehicles must stop on red" and obeyed its instructions. Ackshually this is good for Elon and Tesla.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Tesla yokes are 900 degrees lock to lock because the yoke is connected to a pinion on a rack.

oh my god lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Needs to be able to host Tucker's two hour festivals of the fascist idiot mind.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

luv 2 watch 2 hours of twitter videos at 480p then read 10k character posts

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol: if you were in the back seat and mobility impaired, you would've suffered a very gruesome death. :byoscience: (IIRC thats the model without an actual mechanical back door handle?)

tbh I rode in a Tesla for the very first time in an Uber, and I don't get why people think they're luxurious. Its an uber so ofc it gets beat up, but the whole thing had this faux-luxury/cheapness to it. Like they put cement weights in the doors to make it feel more solid.

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 18, 2023

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:tif:

This is good for Tesla stock somehow.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Should have filled the doors with even more batteries. You're not surviving the fire anyway.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1659234109460283392?cxt=HHwWgIC82bWo5IYuAAAA

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

priznat posted:

The website has no moderation whatsoever these days. The MPAA/Disney is gonna unleash their fury on them over this new feature, should be fun to watch!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

This Mike Solana guy seems nearly as dumb as Musk.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
"shrill" - bold word choice really giving the game away

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He definitely has a fascinating opinion on the historical stability of the middle east.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Will someone impregnate me?

I can't do this

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's like he read a book on how to be an insufferable guy online from 2004

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

tbh I'm enjoying these episodes of VIP Suicides, can't wait until we get season 14 where he has to buy literally compressed time trying to joke his way out of geneva convention violations, underage hooker slaughter pits, and war crimes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

yeah some tweets caused the rise of ISIS, not the US invasion. What a dumbass.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I agree with those who think that he not only was always an absolute shithead, but he definitely seems to be getting brain-poisoned over time. Like, not only am I seeing him happily go on on book bans, transphobia, the anti-semitic nonsense, the bullshit with race and crime/media/etc., that all now seems pretty bog-standard across the right wing, but he now seems to be eagerly latching on to other, somewhat more obscure things as well. For example, he's been posting here and there about farmers in the Netherlands, and I had absolutely no idea what the hell he was going on about until I came across this article that helped explain things.

Ugh, it sucks that he's not only giving what other assholes feel is a veneer of extra legitimacy to their awful beliefs, but he's definitely personally giving it all wider reach.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I read Devolution by Max Brook a while back and tweets like this remind me that part of the climax involves a techbro douche and his goop wife being violently ripped apart by sasquatches because they make a run for his Tesla and they can't get the handleless doors open in time to get in the car because Teslas are piles of poo poo.

nerox
May 20, 2001
The cybertruck's interior is great:

Actually a 1986 Oldsmobile Incas.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

priznat posted:

I want to hope people abuse this to pirate Disney films enough that the ominous black monolith that is Disney's legal arm awakens and descends upon Elon's far-right trainwreck of a company and platform. :pray:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want to hope people abuse this to pirate Disney films enough that the ominous black monolith that is Disney's legal arm awakens and descends upon Elon's far-right trainwreck of a company and platform. :pray:

Dis will let him keep going and hang himself like they did with Ron. they have very good lawyers better than even Musk could afford. would think about spending. (Might have trouble finding people that good that aren't already booked up too)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nerox posted:

The cybertruck's interior is great:

Actually a 1986 Oldsmobile Incas.

I would play mechwarrior with this controller.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Does the cybertruck only still only come with thoes stupid tires that can only fit thoes stupid wheels?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All those satisfying looking buttons and switches. Just needs a lady telling me the reactor is online.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lmao that elon is salty at K.swish, she could give less of a gently caress. Watch him do something really childish like ban her twitter account or worse give it a blue check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Preoptopus posted:

Does the cybertruck only still only come with thoes stupid tires that can only fit thoes stupid wheels?

pretty sure there is only the one cybertruck in existence right now