Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
its a really cool design. has this cowboy/southwest fringe when you're gliding and then this little leather mask make you look like a Watchmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t you chug stamina food/potions for it?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nope

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I got the mask pretty early and and once you have one piece it makes getting the other 2 considerably easier. It’s also a wing suit and looks loving awesome

The obnoxious part is that I loving did one of them, but without ever talking to the zonai bot and didn’t think twice about it.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

just encountered a weird bug. was battling the boss of the Fire Temple and in the middle of the fight he just...disappeared. music was still going. my Goron buddy was still saying "we need to attack!" and all that. but...boss was gone. had to load a save

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Can someone tell me like i'm a complete idiot how to mark stuff while you're in the air with the camera?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

mcmagic posted:

Can someone tell me like i'm a complete idiot how to mark stuff while you're in the air with the camera?

It's not the camera, its the scope, which you activate by clicking the right stick

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Just figured out how to expand my battery. Pretty annoying that there's only one guy (that I know of) that can do that, why not put one at every foundry

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Lmao. I rode past the Hudson sign guy and thought for a laugh I'd prop up the sign with my horse.

It totally worked

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Friend posted:

Just figured out how to expand my battery. Pretty annoying that there's only one guy (that I know of) that can do that, why not put one at every foundry

There's one right at lookout town and also one on tutorial island.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have one lightroot left and no idea where it is! My map looks completely filled in! Aaahhhhh!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
game kicks rear end and is unimaginably impressive, but I kind of miss the simplicity and directness of BOTW. In BOTW, within an hour King Rhoam literally points his finger at hyrule castle and is like: "Zelda is here. But you should go to Karariko and talk to Impa first." And then after talking to Impa, your primary goal has been 100% solidified. Whereas in this game I've spent 10 hours doing stuff and have an unlimited number of places to explore, but have very little idea what concluding the story means. Maybe that means I should stop doing the billions of sidequests the game puts in your path and spend some time on the main questline...

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Polo-Rican posted:

game kicks rear end and is unimaginably impressive, but I kind of miss the simplicity and directness of BOTW. In BOTW, within an hour King Rhoam literally points his finger at hyrule castle and is like: "Zelda is here. But you should go to Karariko and talk to Impa first." And then after talking to Impa, your primary goal has been 100% solidified. Whereas in this game I've spent 10 hours doing stuff, and lots of markers on my map, but have very little idea what concluding the story means

It means you get link all the outfits. What else would it be?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I just realized I can’t remember if I actually picked up the heart container after doing the water temple boss. If I forgot, where would it go?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

I have one lightroot left and no idea where it is! My map looks completely filled in! Aaahhhhh!

I think there’s some metric to how much area is uncovered on lightroot to the point where I think you may end up with areas lit with roots still unlocked. they should match the shrines above in the overworld, right? compare both layers to see where you’re missing stuff

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Escobarbarian posted:

Check your shrine locations overworld, they correspond with the lightroots

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know if we should spoiler that since it's expressly mentioned in game so many times

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Apropos of nothing in particular I appreciate the zealous use of spoiler tags in here.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Astro7x posted:

I’m playing this game all wrong…

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTREdRfnS/

Sorry for the TikTok link

Welcome to Necluda, Gentlemen!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Meanwhile, I cant even build a proper hover bike yet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Found the last one it was just a teeny tiny little area. Nice. I guess I should go see the Zoras and do the fourth temple at some point…..

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Vegastar posted:

Secondly, am I supposed to be able to do anything with the (chasm set piece) Construct Factory being 2/4 main quest items completed? Simple yes or no, please. I must have spent 2 hours loving around with it trying to understand what the hell it wants from me and I suspect I’m not meant to do anything with it yet.

You can do it, but you have to find something in the sky before you can progress here. Try looking... South. Can't miss it.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Do I need to clear out the monsters in Lurelin VIllage in one go? Cause man there's a lot, including a lot of Black Goblins.

Unless I'm supposed to find others to help out.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

theblackw0lf posted:

Do I need to clear out the monsters in Lurelin VIllage in one go? Cause man there's a lot, including a lot of Black Goblins.

Unless I'm supposed to find others to help out.
muddleblooms are your friend

turn the strongest into berserkers and have them slaughter each other

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Blaziken386 posted:

Smoke bombs and backstabs!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Blaziken386 posted:

Ah good idea.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

Hateno vaguely remembers Link as the guy who got his house stolen by the princess.

Yeah I was just there and found that out. What the hell, Princess :mad:

And I did also find my old hair tie :3:

I really gotta explore the underground more- it seems like it's the only way to get a lot of poo poo done. Thanks for pointing out earlier that a lot of the big glowing roots are at the same location that shrines are at on the land, that ought to help find them a bit easier.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For button mapping, I would want jumping on A and sprinting on X. Then you could run and jump with a Mario layout. Also in every single Zelda game but these you press down and A to do a backflip or left and A for sidehop. I STILL try it every time and get smacked around. 2 games, 200 hours, I have not remapped my brain to use X or B to jump in combat. Can't do it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It does feel super bizarre that in combat Botw/Totk Link is like by far the least responsive and acrobatic we've had in the 3D games. All the others get to do big hops in pretty much any direction at will. Meanwhile this Link is doing pathetic 5 inch jumps in place until he busts out a full backwards flip... which still only takes him like 2 feet back

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I never finished BOTW, just read about the ending. Was it explained how all the Sheikah technology disappeared to the point where there aren't observation towers around anymore and everyone seems to have forgotten about all the tech Link was throwing around? I thought the divine beasts got dismantled but that's it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CuddleCryptid posted:

I never finished BOTW, just read about the ending. Was it explained how all the Sheikah technology disappeared to the point where there aren't observation towers around anymore and everyone seems to have forgotten about all the tech Link was throwing around? I thought the divine beasts got dismantled but that's it.

The observation towers and shrines rose up in response to Link activating them at the beginning of the game. Presumably with Calamity Ganon defeated and their purpose fulfilled they went away again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

One reason I would strongly suggest to explore the depths asap is that you will find a ton of

- bombs
- weapons
- muddleblooms (might be the mvp of status effects)
- Zonaite Ore
- Zonai gear to practice building/traversal with

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zelda implemented a “this tech almost wiped us out so let’s uh get rid of it asap” policy and honestly she ain’t wrong.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah it seems all remaining Shieka tech was grabbed by Purah and made into things like the Purah Tablet and the new towers.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Zelda implemented a “this tech almost wiped us out so let’s uh get rid of it asap” policy and honestly she ain’t wrong.

I presume modders will someday give us a Guardians vs Gloom Hands video. I'm ready.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
And its not like they got rid of all of it. Purah and Robbie are still clearly working with some Shiekah tech with the bases of the new towers clearly being upside-down repurposed Guardians and the Purah Pad being a new model Shiekah Slate. They just seem to have dismantled the deathbots that rampaged and killed almost everyone last time.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm happy there are no guardians around to laser my incapable of parrying dumb idiot rear end

gloom hands (floormasters) are (were) terrifying but at least I can run up a tree

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

And its not like they got rid of all of it. Purah and Robbie are still clearly working with some Shiekah tech with the bases of the new towers clearly being upside-down repurposed Guardians and the Purah Pad being a new model Shiekah Slate. They just seem to have dismantled the deathbots that rampaged and killed almost everyone last time.

I just want to know how they even went about dismantling any of the divine beast, the Rito one especially.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want to know how they even went about dismantling any of the divine beast, the Rito one especially.

If it's a legitimate Upheaval, the Kingdom of Hyrule has ways of shutting those down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

So I went back and did the quest at the Great Plateau where you have to gather up the statue eyes and drop them in the chasms. I went around and dropped all four in. And then I talked to the statue underground. And then I realized i had to bring the eyes to it. And all of the eyes warped back to their original spots, so I had to go around and drop all of the eyes all over again.

:negative: