Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I've only done the wind and fire temples but both of them effectively being timers because of their environmental effects sucks. Oh you only brought four resist potions and couldn't solve the dungeon in 30 minutes? Eat poo poo and die I guess.

Both towns sold the resistant armor but the prices are insane, it's like 3000 rupees for a full set of each.

Having a lot of fun with the game but this particular aspect sucks poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zore posted:

And its not like they got rid of all of it. Purah and Robbie are still clearly working with some Shiekah tech with the bases of the new towers clearly being upside-down repurposed Guardians and the Purah Pad being a new model Shiekah Slate. They just seem to have dismantled the deathbots that rampaged and killed almost everyone last time.

You mean the hentai tentacles that grab you when you activate a tower? I suppose that does make sense, they seem like something that a guardian would have on them.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I haven't done fire temple yet, but you didn't have to buy all of the armor sets to get the benefits. Usually two is enough, and for the wind temple, you should have gotten the snow pants on tutorial island. So while it is annoying to pay a lot of rupees for the armor, you only really had to buy one for wind temple.

Not sure about fire armor, though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sydin posted:

So I've only done the wind and fire temples but both of them effectively being timers because of their environmental effects sucks. Oh you only brought four resist potions and couldn't solve the dungeon in 30 minutes? Eat poo poo and die I guess.

Both towns sold the resistant armor but the prices are insane, it's like 3000 rupees for a full set of each.

You only need two pieces of each. You're making a problem harder for yourself

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Also you can attach a fire element to your weapon or shield and equip it and link will stay warm. In the heat you can do the opposite.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
heck for the Wind Temple all you need is the free tutorial pants and a single weapon you fused with red-chuchu Jelly equipped.

Fire Temple though yeah, you need 2 pieces of the armor or potions.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

External Organs posted:

If it's a legitimate Upheaval, the Kingdom of Hyrule has ways of shutting those down.

I meant more like how do they bring down this massive rear end stone bird that's situated above the village.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sydin posted:

I haven't done the fire one yet but you don't need to buy a full set of winter gear. I found a head piece somewhere else so I only spent like 500 on the chest.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Sydin posted:

Yeah that can be frustrating especially if you've not got the cash to buy the set. Especially so if you went in thinking you had enough and then had to go out and come back again because you misjudged.

I've got one of each elemental wand in my inventory for the sole purpose of mitigating weather effects which I think is a pretty handy way of dealing with these issues and giving you puzzle solutions on demand.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Zore posted:

heck for the Wind Temple all you need is the free tutorial pants and a single weapon you fused with red-chuchu Jelly equipped.

Fire Temple though yeah, you need 2 pieces of the armor or potions.

Fire Temple you only need one piece of the armor to become Fire Proof

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Electric Phantasm posted:

I meant more like how do they bring down this massive rear end stone bird that's situated above the village.

I mean you can pilot the Beasts. Either move it to an easier to access location or if they all lost power and its stuck up there have a team of Rito flying and build 1 crane to lower the parts to the ground?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

Do I need to clear out the monsters in Lurelin VIllage in one go? Cause man there's a lot, including a lot of Black Goblins.

Unless I'm supposed to find others to help out.

I think the enemies scale to your level but are meant to be more of the upper range of your current level. Most of the packs are separated enough to can pick off each one without pulling everyone. You can even MGS stealth strike a lot of them if it's raining. I did that until I got caught then deployed some laser turrets and such.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I went to investigate that storm cloud over Faron Woods and ended up completing the Spirit Temple and getting the mech from the Beerus lady. Is the Storm Cloud something else I can do for a quest or is it a permanent thing? Thanks.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

SyRauk posted:

I went to investigate that storm cloud over Faron Woods and ended up completing the Spirit Temple and getting the mech from the Beerus lady. Is the Storm Cloud something else I can do for a quest or is it a permanent thing? Thanks.

Happened to me early on as well while I was blindly stumbling around those thunderclouds. Just wanted to get the hearts-draining doors open. There's a quest to clear the clouds if you continue with the ring ruins, but it's totally auxiliary now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Happened to me early on as well while I was blindly stumbling around those thunderclouds. Just wanted to get the hearts-draining doors open. There's a quest to clear the clouds if you continue with the ring ruins, but it's totally auxiliary now.

I'm fully planning on going back to that in a new game and seeing if I can ascend up through the floor behind the doors

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sydin posted:

Pretty sure it was the same in BOTW too.

I thought you could always get one piece of the set for free or something.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Skipping a thousand posts to say that Kolton can get bent.

Bubble Frogs only want to hop, and spit bubbles, and they are my friends.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
What the heck does fusing Stakes to your stuff do, if anything

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Dog Kisser posted:

What the heck does fusing Stakes to your stuff do, if anything

You get a pole that can stick out an adjustable amount. Everything else can only attach on the outside, meaning that they have fixed sizes

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
What about fused to shield or sword?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Stopping in this thread to briefly say, Holy poo poo this game is so good.

I'll be back once I beat the game using nothing but rocket shields and cannon swords.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Failson posted:

Skipping a thousand posts to say that Kolton can get bent.

Bubble Frogs only want to hop, and spit bubbles, and they are my friends.

Its good that they clearly don’t actually die when you kill them (they turn into those rabbit things and run away).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Can you shoot that rabbit for the half a second that it exists?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How do I get this man to accept my 20 pieces of wood???

Oh he wants little wood pieces I thought he wanted logs

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 18, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Can you shoot that rabbit for the half a second that it exists?

No, even if you hit it it doesn't drop rupees or anything.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Natural 20 posted:

I've got one of each elemental wand in my inventory for the sole purpose of mitigating weather effects which I think is a pretty handy way of dealing with these issues and giving you puzzle solutions on demand.

Does the ice elemental wand work for fire res on the mountain or just heat res? Because of course those are different things. They were in botw too but it felt a lot easier to get fire res potions there. I got bounced out of the fire dungeon half-way through because I ran out and had to go hunting lizards for like an hour, it was not great!

Spanish Manlove posted:

You only need two pieces of each. You're making a problem harder for yourself

Two pieces is still like 1500 rupees which is about 1400 more than I have.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Sydin posted:

Does the ice elemental wand work for fire res on the mountain or just heat res? Because of course those are different things. They were in botw too but it felt a lot easier to get fire res potions there. I got bounced out of the fire dungeon half-way through because I ran out and had to go hunting lizards for like an hour, it was not great!

I believe ice is heat res and water is fire res.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just want to know how they even went about dismantling any of the divine beast, the Rito one especially.

I hoped the Ring Ruins were chunks of a divine beast when I first saw the pics. But I guess not, unless Rudania's legs had secret Zonai tablets inside.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shabadu posted:

I'm happy there are no guardians around to laser my incapable of parrying dumb idiot rear end

It makes me so happy those lovely Guardians are gone. The only cool part about them was getting the parry but other than that they're easily the worst enemy in any Zelda.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sydin posted:

You only need to buy one additional piece of cold-resistant gear for the wind temple to go with the pants you get in the tutorial. And you only need the single fire-resistant chestpiece they sell near Death Mountain to do the fire temple. It's really not that expensive. If you're that short on cash, then sell some gems.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

sigher posted:

It makes me so happy those lovely Guardians are gone. The only cool part about them was getting the parry but other than that they're easily the worst enemy in any Zelda.

Agreed. Shrines and guardians were the worst part of the last one. Shrines are infinitely more fun and guardians are gone. Good game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Doing the memories quest and did Zelda really become a loving dragon :stare:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Rageaholic posted:

And you can farm her for materials even! It's hosed up!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Proving Ground shrines are weird. The Flow one is borderline impossible atm for me because everyone is firing electric arrows with an AOE.

Meanwhile the one where you can grab a Zonai cannon means you just need a stick and then can shell the enemies like they are in the trenches for an effortless win.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rageaholic posted:

To re-use a joke from FF14: "Would you still love me if I was a wyrm?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I did the first two temples (water and wind), got sidetracked into exploring the world and all the geoglyphs and underground and everything else I could find (as you do), and now need to decide what to do. I was *planning* to go back to the other temples next, but I just realized there's two places I just assumed I couldn't get to yet and never tried (not naming them because not knowing for sure is part of the fun and whether they actually matter isn't the point). Now I have to decide whether to go back to following the story or rub my face on those parts and see what happens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

pentyne posted:

The Proving Ground shrines are weird. The Flow one is borderline impossible atm for me because everyone is firing electric arrows with an AOE.

Trick to flow: the rafts are grabbable. Do what you can for cover, drown a guy, then run.

Still annoying with that shock AoE, but at least it's easy to do when you get an opening.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

sigher posted:

whats the big deal lol. arrow to the eye. swing, kill. hell with the big ones you could just use that one power to shoot yourself in the air for free slow-mo

i miss 'em.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Another piece of the 'lost' Sheikah tech does appear later in the game: Once you beat the Spirit Temple you'll meet a construct there that has scoured Hyrule and collected all of the Ancient Arrow parts that were laying around and he'll sell you Ancient Arrow heads. They work exactly the same as in BotW in that they immediately one shot enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
For those who’ve finished the story, do you ever get an explanation of what exactly Calamity Ganon was? Or is it left up to fan theory?