Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

NorgLyle posted:

Today for some reason I've run into multiple Control Priests running double Dirty Rat. It... hasn't worked out for them because I wasn't playing whatever they're supposed to be targeting but it's an interesting development, I guess.

Seen lots of Dirty rat lately. They only got me once. I wouldn’t run that card but maybe it’s there mostly for the 6 health taunt for 2 mana. Wouldn’t be surprised if that got reduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Sloppy posted:

Is this Sai or Scarlet? Which treasures and hero power do you take?

scarlet. blood worm/the destroy+corpse+draw treasure.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

NorgLyle posted:

Today for some reason I've run into multiple Control Priests running double Dirty Rat. It... hasn't worked out for them because I wasn't playing whatever they're supposed to be targeting but it's an interesting development, I guess.

That’s what the VS list has.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Mayveena posted:

Seen lots of Dirty rat lately. They only got me once. I wouldn’t run that card but maybe it’s there mostly for the 6 health taunt for 2 mana. Wouldn’t be surprised if that got reduced.

I was really happy that someone played rat against me. They gifted me 12 face damage, very generous.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I’ve had people play a dirty rat against me when I’m playing Big DH and I’m like, wtf are you doing what did you think would drop out when you did that.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The Lord Bude posted:

I’ve had people play a dirty rat against me when I’m playing Big DH and I’m like, wtf are you doing what did you think would drop out when you did that.
That's what I was curious about too. I guess if you're playing Tony Druid and they hit Anub'rekhan, Tony or The Jailer it would stop your easiest win condition against Control Priest but that still doesn't seem like a particularly strong play.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YOLO rat on turn 2 is a blessed play

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Yestermoment posted:

scarlet. blood worm/the destroy+corpse+draw treasure.

Sweet, thanks.

NorgLyle posted:

That's what I was curious about too. I guess if you're playing Tony Druid and they hit Anub'rekhan, Tony or The Jailer it would stop your easiest win condition against Control Priest but that still doesn't seem like a particularly strong play.

I've been using the control priest VS list which has it and it's been pretty solid. It's rarely an early game drop but does the Lord's work later in the game when I can follow up with a kill spell on some annoying battlecry minion likes Patches, Morgraine, etc.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I feel like I am missing something, and this is 100% Casual play but... lolol

### DiscoTech
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (1) Emerald Skytalon
# 2x (1) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Rummaging Kobold
# 2x (3) Service Bell
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
#
AAEBAZ8FAA+IBdQF4wWI6ALZ/gKezQPw9gPJoAT5pAS4tASB4gSBlgXAxAW4xQW1ngYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

EDIT: also a rare Legendary-free decklist from me lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1658517680687546386/photo/1

buffs and nerfs teased (with my guesses)

buffs

Symphony of Sins (to 5 mana?)
From the Depths (Revert?)
Chorus Riff (2 mana?)
Demolition Renovator (3 mana? Tradeable?)
Rotten Applebaum (4 mana? bigger heal?)
Pandaren Importer (Revert?)

nerfs

Sinful Brand (3 mana? limited use per turn?)
Predation (Costs 1 instead of 0?)
Felscale Evoker (up to 7?)
Anub'rehkan (up to 9 mana?)
Scribe (7 mana?)
Battlefield Necromancer (Revert?)
Blightfang (Revert?)
Basaleph (5 mana?)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 16, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

notably absent, despite being solidly tier 1-2 : Paladin

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edit: Turns out the UI actually was borked.

So either the UI is broken or I need to enroll to HS university to understand what's going on with this new event.

What do those tickets do?
First one is blank until I click it, than it's "Jam Kingdom" with a 3-reward track.

Oh, nevermind, it's Battleground skins only.

But just to make sure:
What's up with the two "Band2gether" items?
Both seem to be identical, (revealing the title "Abracadaver" when clicked).
What does "10 tickets sold" and "800+ tickets sold" respectively (when selected) mean?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 16, 2023

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Excelzior posted:

buffs

Symphony of Sins being 5 mana would ruin the flavour of the card, just let it discover from all options (round 1 - choose 3 or another option, round 2 choose 4)

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Can they DO choose 4?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can they DO choose 4?

Yes.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can they DO choose 4?

Yes, there have been multiple discover a basic Totem cards. Plus Azshara, etc.

I expect Chorus Riff will go to 2 and From the Depths will go back to 3, but with a 2-mana cost reduction. ZachODR pitched both changes a few weeks ago as a way to give Control Warrior more juice.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Excelzior posted:

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1658517680687546386/photo/1

buffs and nerfs teased (with my guesses)

buffs

Chorus Riff (2 mana?)

nerfs

Scribe (7 mana?)
Blightfang (Revert?)
Basaleph (5 mana?)

big demon hunter is fun to play for the first time ever and of course they have to break it, while paladin once again runs nerfless

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Anubrekan really didn’t need a nerf. Zok Druid is a very fair deck with good and bad matchups that plays an important role in holding control decks in check.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it doesn’t happen very often but beating pure Paladin as a Druid is an incredibly satisfying experience

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

bravesword posted:

Yes, there have been multiple discover a basic Totem cards. Plus Azshara, etc.

I expect Chorus Riff will go to 2 and From the Depths will go back to 3, but with a 2-mana cost reduction. ZachODR pitched both changes a few weeks ago as a way to give Control Warrior more juice.

FtD going to 3 is a bit scary, that means it's back in "PICK ME, PICK ME" range which is what probably got it nerfed to start with.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Excelzior posted:

[buffs and nerfs teased (with my guesses)

buffs

Chorus Riff (2 mana?)

nerfs

Scribe (7 mana?)
Blightfang (Revert?)
Basaleph (5 mana?)
I guess 9-mana Anub'rekhan would technically be a nerf but I'm not sure what that would actually do. It's not like playing him on turn 8 (or Druid turn 4) is usually the problem.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

I guess 9-mana Anub'rekhan would technically be a nerf but I'm not sure what that would actually do. It's not like playing him on turn 8 (or Druid turn 4) is usually the problem.

Well, that would prevent hero power for that turn.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Rotten Applebaum is probably going back to healing 5.

I was already running it in my Control Priest when Frost DK and Unholy Priest were everywhere. Kind of an odd choice for a buff when it is already nothing more than a niche choice for anything other than control priest against heavy aggro, and aggro is already taking a nerf.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

I've said it before and I will say it again now. Ranked is dumb. This is a game, play it for fun, not wins or losses. The only fun format is Casual Wild. So try Casual Wild if you're burnt out. You get to play with all your poo poo and most of the players are just having fun playing random off meta stuff. Ranked Wild is all Kingsbane right now I think? but I've only seen one in Casual in the past week.

if you haven't already, i'd suggest giving the marvel snap game a try. i've been playing it the past week or so (basically as almost f2p) and it's been quite refreshing. the climb upwards in ranked is better, and moves quicker because you can bet if you're gonna win and literally jump ranks but it goes both ways. there aren't any rank floors, so you could tumble all the way from 99 (last rank before reaching max rank) all the way back down to say 10.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

NorgLyle posted:

I think they hit the armor gain.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
How about he just doesn't give Armour, so the pre-req (and counterplay) becomes stop letting them have a bunch before they start.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shockeh posted:

How about he just doesn't give Armour, so the pre-req (and counterplay) becomes stop letting them have a bunch before they start.

that would be extremely bad and druid doesn't currently have enough ways to keep their armor levels up high enough. at least the games where you lose to a druid blowout are very quick unlike these awful control priest, blood dk, a million solid alibi mage decks. by the time one of those matchups is over, you've basically spent enough time for three plus other games. better to just have a quicker game and move on.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Last King posted:

if you haven't already, i'd suggest giving the marvel snap game a try. i've been playing it the past week or so (basically as almost f2p) and it's been quite refreshing.

Also games only last 6 turns. Gone are the afternoons wasted queuing into 30 minute fatigue control decks.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
personally I’m fine with Druid paying for the sins of Guff by not having a viable deck for a bit

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

Also games only last 6 turns. Gone are the afternoons wasted queuing into 30 minute fatigue control decks.

I would love to play it more but it only offers a vertical version and I play mobile games on my IPad. Vertical games drive me nuts.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mayveena posted:

I would love to play it more but it only offers a vertical version and I play mobile games on my IPad. Vertical games drive me nuts.

yea this part sucks, it's a mobile interface from the ground up it seems, but the game was much better than i expected. the laddering up in here feels much better than in hs and actually made me want to play more games. you basically earn cubes (stars) as you win, and there are no win streak bonuses but if you feel confident in your match, you can "snap" to bet extra cubes and if the opponent snaps back you could end up getting eight per win.

there are no rank floors as i had said before, but every ten levels (i.e. 20, 30, etc.), you get a slight bump of five levels to buffer(?) you as you continue climbing. so when i hit 90, i didn't have to try to climb ten more ranks but it moved me up to 95 so it feels much smoother to rank up. my collection of cards is also quite small, so instead of getting matched against people who have been playing this since day one and they have hundreds(?) of cards vs. my beginner set, i'm paired against people who are in a similar level (pool of cards) until i reach certain level breakpoints (as i understand it).

plus unlike hs, i can actually play this game on a phone instead of it making GBS threads the bed literally and it's been a much quicker and more chill experience. it also helps that i could playing for basically free (bought the season pass once i found out how much fun has been). i don't think i ever step away completely from hs, but this game def. has been surprising.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I played Marvel Snap for a bit but the card acquisition system drove me nuts. I’d rather be nickel-and-dimed by microtransactions a hundred times over than grind that stupid ladder, unable to build anything new, hoping the RNG gifts me something cool. Add that to the fact that the game will randomly make itself unplayable by doing a featured location that makes game horrendously unfun, and it didn’t take me long to put it aside.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
don't know how it was earlier but right now, the way i understand it you're playing against people with different pools of cards. as i just started out, yea it sucked to not have certain cards, esp. in a more limited pool but i wasn't going against folks with a complete collection who have been playing from the beginning. as i neared the top end of the first pool, i basically have most of the cards i needed to make the main decks work.

i plan on just chilling, collecting credits, and just testing / doing missions (quests) for the rest of the month before i make a big push to upgrade through the next pool and start the climb again. it can feel very high rollish with the locations, but the games are much quicker than in hs and you just retreat (lose one cube) and move on. i'm sure next month is going to be worse since i'll be in a whole nother pool of cards but having spent very little i'm surprised i found a nice alt. to hs, esp. when it comes to the ladder grind.

plus, the art is incredible, and really puts the hs cards to shame. but ymmv.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Nerfing poison has let Beasts run wild in Battlegrounds. Just came out of a room where the Top 2 had different Beast warbands and it was impossible to survive against them with my decently scaling and uncontested Naga comp. Seems like most winners in the past few games has been Beasts as well. The doubling Monkey and Wrap God have been huge for those comps and they didn’t lose any of their tools either.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Was just complaining about beasts as well. I don't think Wrap God is a problem though, it the banana monkey. I think the change from poison to venom has been great personally, I was really sick of how it warped late game comps previously, and I think this is a good solution. But even reverting that wouldn't affect beasts at all given that the driver is summon/deathrattles. The problem really comes down to when you have an outlier exponential scaling comp compared to everything else being linear.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
quests can be fun when you get one and no-one else does

got an easy 1st thanks to Pilfered Lamps getting me 14 triples

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wow haven't been able to buy a win today lol.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wow haven't been able to buy a win today lol.

Have you considered playing better?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

In case you haven't heard there was a problem with the patch and the notes and patch will be provided tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Desert Bus posted:

Have you considered playing better?

Lol I don't play this game to think strategically, I just like to click the mouse and watch the animations.