Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
My baby boy is growing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Pretty compelling arguments on this page and I've carefully weighed all the data I have available to me

If I had to choose between Dak or Hurts, I'd choose Daniel Jones

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought this was nfc east QBs only

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What even is a passing stat? Mph at release ? Height of pass above the ground ? Revolutions of the ball per minute ?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Passes framed

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Imagine having Daniel Jones as your starting QB and not even being close to having the worst QB in the division thanks to Washington

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nodoze posted:

Imagine having Daniel Jones as your starting QB and not even being close to having the worst QB in the division thanks to Washington

Seriously, breathe deep Giants fans

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nodoze posted:

I mean the one collective thing Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants could agree on for most of the past decade whenever our teams were poo poo was "at least we aren't Washington"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Febreeze posted:

I mean the one collective thing Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants could agree on for most of the past decade whenever our teams were poo poo was "at least we aren't Washington"
Just one decade?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Washington has had like maybe 6 seasons of good QB play in the last 30~ years.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Hurts over Dak is silly when we've seen so little of Hurts (and enough of Dak to know he's a good-to-very-good QB). I think Hurts has the talent, leadership, and work ethic to establish himself as inarguably better, but saying he's already there is a bit much.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
he literally just led his team to the super bowl

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm pretty god drat comfortable saying Hurts has a much much higher ceiling than Dak even if he just laid wet farts for the next 3 years while Dak continues to burn out in the playoffs.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So long as Hurts does not injure himself I see no reason he can't continue to succeed. If his arm gets even better then good fuckin luck.

On the other hand, lmao at betting on a mobile QB not injuring themselves out of greatness.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

instead of making a point about one year wonder QBs generally, just look at the Eagles' starting QBs since McNabb, particularly Vick's 2010, Foles' 2013, and Wentz's 2017. they all looked fantastic, top 3-5 qb seasons, and Foles and Wentz were early in their careers. then they all fell off significantly and never approached that peak again.

I think you gotta have two good seasons in a row before you can be ranked above someone who's proven a high level of consistency since they were drafted

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

Hurts over Dak is silly when we've seen so little of Hurts

I swear to god this is a loving meme at this point lol

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Carson Wentz was having basically the same season in 2017 before getting hurt and look at what happened to him. Hurts could very well be the best QB in the division but we still have a small sample size to look at on a stacked team that's coached well. Dak on the other hand has had a lot of years under his belt to get a good idea of who he is.

I'd probably take Hurts over Dak right now but mostly on higher potential and youth, but we haven't seen how he does under more adverse conditions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts has the higher proven ceiling and is younger and more athletic

It’s not even close

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Dave posted:

Yeah I'm pretty god drat comfortable saying Hurts has a much much higher ceiling than Dak even if he just laid wet farts for the next 3 years while Dak continues to burn out in the playoffs.

This feels very reasonable. Hurts is only getting better.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Dak is a fine QB and certainly good enough to win a Super Bowl, even though he hasn't. I just think Jalen can do more overall and that his ceiling is higher. Don't give me this bullshit about Jalen having all these weapons either when Prescott has had more than enough top tier talent and support many seasons.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That's not exactly bullshit that Jalen has a veritable super team around him

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Washington has had like maybe 6 seasons of good QB play in the last 30~ years.

Lmao and we still couldn’t sign Kirk Cousins cause that would’ve meant Danny Boy would’ve had to admit that Shanahan was right in drafting him after RG3.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP_NFL/status/1659307757990731777?s=20

gently caress, gonna drag this out all summer.

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/05/nfl-confirms-no-commanders-sale-vote-will-take-place-at-spring-owners-meetings-next-week/

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

You'd think they would want to get Snyder out literally ASAP

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Has there been any talk about a new stadium in DC? I hear nothing but horrible things all the way down about the current one. From parking, to the food, access, the pricing, the sight lines and the sewage. Not to mention the product on the field.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Has there been any talk about a new stadium in DC? I hear nothing but horrible things all the way down about the current one. From parking, to the food, access, the pricing, the sight lines and the sewage. Not to mention the product on the field.

DC is now back on the table but there’s still a lot of challenges, red tape, and coordination between the team, DC City Council, and the federal government to make it happen.

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/05/commanders-working-to-help-dc-get-control-of-rfk-site/

Honestly? Virginia is back to looking like the front runner again. With Snyder gone, they’re now likely to offer up the most cash to get it.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Nodoze posted:

This doesn’t even sting at all

Snyder sold the team la la la Snyder sold the team boomshakalaka unf!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Drag it out I don’t care it’s gonna happen now I can just edge even longer unf so good so goddamn good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Hurts over Dak is silly when we've seen so little of Hurts (and enough of Dak to know he's a good-to-very-good QB). I think Hurts has the talent, leadership, and work ethic to establish himself as inarguably better, but saying he's already there is a bit much.

indigi posted:

instead of making a point about one year wonder QBs generally, just look at the Eagles' starting QBs since McNabb, particularly Vick's 2010, Foles' 2013, and Wentz's 2017. they all looked fantastic, top 3-5 qb seasons, and Foles and Wentz were early in their careers. then they all fell off significantly and never approached that peak again.

I think you gotta have two good seasons in a row before you can be ranked above someone who's proven a high level of consistency since they were drafted

:agreed: with both

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah like i'm not denying hurts did more with his team this year than dak has at any point in his career and the upside is tremendous, it's just i've seen fantastic single seasons from eagles QBs that get everybody thinking "oh poo poo we finally found our franchise guy" only for everything to turn to ash. every team has seen that. if he puts another good-to-very good season together, all this talk goes out the window (or should, anyway, i can't speak for the rest of this broken fanbase). i think he's going to be just fine and i expect a lot of the tentativeness to be gone by midseason.

my only real concern with the guy is durability, just because of the way he runs. it's what makes him such a force on the field, but it's also brutal on his body.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts did take a pretty massive jump this year. He may not have any arm talent but he's definitely extremely smart at running his offense. It was infuriating watching him make like zero mistakes last year.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Some of these are fair points for sure but:

You're starting an NFL team and have to pick one of them. Disregarding age, who do you take?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jerry Jones's phylactery

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

BiggerBoat posted:

Some of these are fair points for sure but:

You're starting an NFL team and have to pick one of them. Disregarding age, who do you take?

Jeff Feagles

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

Hurts did take a pretty massive jump this year. He may not have any arm talent but he's definitely extremely smart at running his offense. It was infuriating watching him make like zero mistakes last year.

Doltos said something nice about Hurts?

:stare:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

He’s been consistent on his Hurts stance

Like hurts showed me something this year for sure but I’m still not truly convinced he’s a top 5 qb. If he can produce at 75% of last year in two years when the allstar offense dismantles some, I’ll never doubt again. As it stands, theres a lot masking his deficiencies.

Regardless of anything else tho he is undeniably better than Dakota Rayne

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Anxiously awaiting an analytical statistics breakdown that can argue how all the QB's who led the league in interception percentage were really the best ones in their conference and easily top 5 in the NFL. Here's a good jumping off point to get that particular argument rolling, sortable by season

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/interception-percentage?season_id=20

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Hurts runs the offense very well, it's just a little hard to discern how much is him and how much is the system/what is around him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's got to be both. He has an absolutely amazing oline that could work with his roll outs and WRs that are smart as hell that know when to come back for his passes or work a route slower. I like to make fun of roll out offenses but they're still hard to run if you dont have the knack for abandoning the pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Hurts runs the offense very well, it's just a little hard to discern how much is him and how much is the system/what is around him.

So...every QB in the NFL then?

I get what you're saying and there's always that thing where Montana had Jerry Rice or Marino never had a defense or a running game and what have you. Is Hurts better than Lamar Jackson because team had X, Y, Z? But I doubt anyone would say that Prescott has never had any weapons or help either. Or that his division was too tough. He's operated behind a stellar offensive line most of his career, has had plenty of WR's, RB's and defensive aid his entire time in the league and has never been asked to carry his team. EVER.

Dak has hardly been hamstrung by a lack of offensive or defensive support.

Jalen making the most of the talent and coaching he's surrounded by shouldn't be a mark against him either, and I'm not saying you're doing that FWIW. He's gotten better at the game every step of the way, works very hard at his craft from all accounts and gave KC and the best QB/Coach/team in the entire league all they wanted in the Super Bowl last year. It's a TEAM game, more than any other sport, and Hurts has made the most of his opportunities so far.

I don't know what he looks like playing for the Browns, the Saints, the Jets or the Cardinals but I can say the same for Prescott. Would, say, Washington be a better team with:

Dak?
Jalen?

I think the answer is clear.