Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah the worst thing you can say about it is that the North Korean stuff feels dated but people forget how much NK was used as a stock "here's something to be scared about!" story every week back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=311PP8ahDW4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mordja posted:

What was the last, really funny sitcom? Barry's too dark to count, and even Righteous Gemstones has enough dramatic elements that I'll exclude it. To me, the halcyon days were that period of time when Community, 30 Rock and Parks & Rec were all airing concurrently on NBC.

party down from two months ago

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
30 rock started incredibly strong too

I personally like the first season of always sunny but a lot of people get upset and antsy that danny devito isnt on screen

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Mordja posted:

What was the last, really funny sitcom? Barry's too dark to count, and even Righteous Gemstones has enough dramatic elements that I'll exclude it. To me, the halcyon days were that period of time when Community, 30 Rock and Parks & Rec were all airing concurrently on NBC.

Community is it imo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

30 rock started incredibly strong too

I personally like the first season of always sunny but a lot of people get upset and antsy that danny devito isnt on screen

For being the first season, they still find their footing incredibly fast. Like it didn't take them long to figure out having Dee be the "moral center" of the group wasn't as funny as her being like a pathetic hanger on to the already skeevy and lame things these guys are doing lol

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’ll admit to never having seen 30 Rock and assuming it was just your standard crappy sitcom, I finally watched it after I heard the boys talking about how funny it was and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard at a show so often

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
every time I see dr spaceman I know I'm gonna laugh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

every time I see dr spaceman I know I'm gonna laugh

My methods guarantee male orgasm.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

BLP Friedland

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

they done put the jew on the canoe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holefoods posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard at a show so often

the bangers-per-minute stat is easily the best of any show ever made

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sunk Dunk posted:

As far as network sitcoms go, Brooklyn 99 had some ok moments if you can stand Andy samburg

E: same with the good place

I love Andy Samburg but that show kinda annoys me.

They should resurrect norm using AI and deepfake tech and give him another sitcom.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9tv9Rckvy4

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sunk Dunk posted:

As far as network sitcoms go, Brooklyn 99 had some ok moments if you can stand Andy samburg

E: same with the good place

Brooklyn 99 is cop bootlicker poo poo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
We got a leftist in the house!!!!!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sunk Dunk posted:

We got a leftist in the house!!!!!

Chapo check

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Yeah! Frasier had no pro-cop shi- nevermind.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
what's weird about B99 is that it starts off with the cop setting as just a springboard for wacky sitcom poo poo but then as it goes they feel the need to start apologizing for it and doing episodes about the war on drugs like it's okay that you didn't know about this stuff when you wrote your pilot, people are willing to suspend their disbelief enough to think racism doesn't exist in Jake Peralta's world lol

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

yeah them trying to address real poo poo in B99 came off terribly because it could’ve been done as a character moment or something but instead it was like they sat down and decided “this episode needs to be about police brutality”

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
yeah that poo poo sucked rear end, didnt even bother watching it as soon as they started addressing anything in the real world. this is stupid tv, i dont need to hear your thoughts on loving black lives matter. is that supposed to make me laugh?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Chelsea peretti brutally beating BLM protestors with her huge nose

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I loved whatever the hell character mantzoukas was playing

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

lol

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

Lmfao

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

she’s so hot

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

As for recent sitcoms, Workaholics was pretty funny, but maybe it fell off in later seasons. I don't know, because I haven't watched them.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sunk Dunk posted:

im gonna go the opposite here: i dont care about interviews with famous people. i want my three friends talking about how their dick is small. who gives a poo poo about a youtube tv show

I SAID IT!!!!!!!!!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lmao

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Adam definitely talks about how his dick is small enough to need a telescope/electron microscope to see it. Basically the Stav's doctor bit, except with the actual director of the Hayden Planetarium.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Oops

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

yea

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
also 50 cents 'Many Men' does go hard

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
is metalocalypse a sitcom

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
yes

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

maxe posted:

also 50 cents 'Many Men' does go hard

Gonna get absolutely yoked listening to this and pumping weights this summer

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the gay parodies write themselves

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
They should just get cumia as a guest

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Get Dick, or Die Tryin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I guess it's more of a drama than a sitcom but Resident Alien is like a way better depiction of an autistic doctor than the Good Doctor