Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I've solod up to the third phase of the last boss of legendary Avalon but there is no checkpoint if you leave the activity so I still haven't finished it. Took about three hours, but that was back when I was like 20 light levels lower, so I could probably do it okay now. Genuinely my feelings would completely turn around on it if it had checkpoints, but right now I low key hate that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

yeah, it feels almost dungeon-y in that there are a couple of fairly clearly defined encounters (mostly the checkpoints you restart from after a wipe)

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
FYI if you see an LFG post asking for help at the last Avalon checkpoint you can ignore it. Bungie won't let you join the fire team that close to the end of the activity :shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this_week_at_bungie_05_18_23

-Antichamp: anti-barrier auto rifle(!?), anti-unstoppable glaive and hand cannon, anti-overload scout(?!) and trace

-Enemy shield graphics are moving closer to how they looked in D1, which apparently has some under-the-hood technical benefits as well as making them easier to make colorblind-friendly

-Some words about scheduling longer patch downtimes to avoid the whole "whoops actually we need another two hours" thing

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 18, 2023

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/this_week_at_bungie_05_18_23

-Antichamp: anti-barrier auto rifle(!?), anti-unstoppable glaive and hand cannon, anti-overload scout(?!) and trace

-Enemy shield graphics are moving closer to how they looked in D1, which apparently has some under-the-hood technical benefits as well as making them easier to make colorblind-friendly

-Some words about scheduling longer patch downtimes to avoid the whole "whoops actually we need another two hours" thing

Anti-barrier auto rifle AND Sweet Business buffs? Sounds like it is a Titan season for me! I remember having a lot of fun with Sweet Business the last time there was an auto rifle antibarrier seasonal mod, even less reason to ever let off of the trigger.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

luckily i have an outfit for this exact situation

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Meltdown for the new PvP map and not Asylumn? :argh:

(Meltdown is fine :v:)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nothing for Stasis.

Boooo

That shield is butt ugly.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBX posted:

Nothing for Stasis.

Boooo

That shield is butt ugly.

Overcharged +50% Damage Ager's Scepter is a good consolation prize! That gun is going to be bananas next season.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

imo agers' super mode needs to deal way more boss damage considering you're spending an exotic slot and your super bar for it

like that thing needs to outstrip heavy dps. not by much, just enough

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

imo agers' super mode needs to deal way more boss damage considering you're spending an exotic slot and your super bar for it

The super mode is great fun in PvP for the one time a year you remember it exists and you want to use it for a few matches. :v:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

anti-barrier auto rifle(!?)

IIRC autos+smgs were the very first anti-barrier mods

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Arc and void (again) are looking like they are going to kick rear end next season.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Arc and void (again) are looking like they are going to kick rear end next season.

Arc and Void never stopped being kick rear end :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

Good news! It excels at DPS

In my opinion, Ager's is good for more than just Raid Boss Burn, and so it can be a top tier weapon even if it's not the #1 boss dps gun. Plus there are some subclasses where your super is straight up DOG water and being able to trade it in for some oomph is very nice

Invest!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ager's is also good for doing stasis quests and bounties, way more so than any stasis subclass

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FlapYoJacks posted:

:hmmyes:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

New shield effects look like rear end so far lmao, can't wait to see what the final version looks like.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Good news! It excels at DPS

In my opinion, Ager's is good for more than just Raid Boss Burn, and so it can be a top tier weapon even if it's not the #1 boss dps gun. Plus there are some subclasses where your super is straight up DOG water and being able to trade it in for some oomph is very nice

Invest!

here's the problem: wendigo and regnant currently occupy the second-highest DPS right behind legend of acrius. they are not exotic and also do not require you to eat your super. it's true that bad supers are bad but 99% of the time it's something you can cast in addition to your weapon dps, with the only real exception being thundercrash due to distance

basically there is no reason to use ager's on a boss burn unless you are without an extremely accessible (and craftable) weapon that hugely outperforms it. i will grant that agers' is a good backup if you've run dry on heavy but that's honestly not a realistic expectation because A) you should be conserving your heavy for the important parts and B) while heavy drops are uncommon they're rarely so scarce that you run out completely

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They might fix it, but Thunderous Retort was weird and didn't really do anything for hunter Gathering Storm.

It's a 30% boost for Warlock & Titan supers but it's about 4% for Hunters.

The Arc mods on the artifact are the weakest of the three BUT Arc is just a naturally very strong subclass so that's probably intentional.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Well crud. Ishtar Collective died, so I am even more lost on what's going on than usual.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

basically there is no reason to use ager's on a boss burn

I mean, I agree. There's no reason to use anything but the #1 DPS Dealer when you're in a 'Nothing to do but DPS' scenario. But Ager's has such an exceptional toolkit and phenomenal-but-situational DPS that it's going to be a great pick for GMs, Dungeons, and many raid encounters!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean, I agree. There's no reason to use anything but the #1 DPS Dealer when you're in a 'Nothing to do but DPS' scenario. But Ager's has such an exceptional toolkit and phenomenal-but-situational DPS that it's going to be a great pick for GMs, Dungeons, and many raid encounters!

it is pretty versatile, yeah. however there are a lot of versatile guns, so i judge it by how it stands out by comparison. its gimmick is that it can eat a super to deal sub-heavy damage, and while that's cool, even in dungeons and GMs there are plenty of use case for bad supers, and again, heavy drops aren't THAT rare.

agers is a cool gun but imo it should just be doing more, that's all

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Two Special weapons for dealing with champs is nice, Looks like this is the season I'll end up putting fifty thousand kills on my Shadow Price. (It's not even a great gun, I know, I just really like it.)

Is it just me or are the fourth/fifth column artifact perks kinda... bleh? In particular, nothing in the fourth column sounds great.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

it is pretty versatile, yeah. however there are a lot of versatile guns, so i judge it by how it stands out by comparison. its gimmick is that it can eat a super to deal sub-heavy damage, and while that's cool, even in dungeons and GMs there are plenty of use case for bad supers, and again, heavy drops aren't THAT rare.

agers is a cool gun but imo it should just be doing more, that's all

I think there's a talking-past-each-other issue at play here but one thing we can both understand is that +50% damage on it is gonna be rad! :hellyeah:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think there's a talking-past-each-other issue at play here but one thing we can both understand is that +50% damage on it is gonna be rad! :hellyeah:

yeah that happens on the internet

but yes that +50% damage is going to be really good or loving incredible, depending on where it falls in the dps calcs

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kith posted:

here's the problem: wendigo and regnant currently occupy the second-highest DPS right behind legend of acrius. they are not exotic and also do not require you to eat your super. it's true that bad supers are bad but 99% of the time it's something you can cast in addition to your weapon dps, with the only real exception being thundercrash due to distance

basically there is no reason to use ager's on a boss burn unless you are without an extremely accessible (and craftable) weapon that hugely outperforms it. i will grant that agers' is a good backup if you've run dry on heavy but that's honestly not a realistic expectation because A) you should be conserving your heavy for the important parts and B) while heavy drops are uncommon they're rarely so scarce that you run out completely

Or I could use it to turn my worthless super into better damage

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

yeah that happens on the internet

but yes that +50% damage is going to be really good or loving incredible, depending on where it falls in the dps calcs

I am pretty excited to see how it ends up. I loved that gun on my Warlock.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
As a Mostly-Sentinel I pay this price willingly

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Seems like a very heavy focus on Arc with Andrew gimmes to Strand and Void. I am okay with this. The three (?) Void mods are pretty rad too tho. Create Breach on debuffed enemy kill, Breach gives overshield, Breach gives you a Weaken pulse on next Void hit. Definitely playing a backseat support role.

Also feels like they're testing things for possible future fragments given it seems a lot tamer?

Arc seems bonkers fun this season. Extra damage resistance, grenade recharge, Jolts on amplified kills, more Amplified time. Definitely feels like this is "Void and Strand are support, Arc is the star."

Which is fair, because Arc is fun as hell and rules.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

:hai:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
a stylish execution void hunter with gyrfalcon's and those seasonal mods is going to be very, very funny

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Failson posted:

Well crud. Ishtar Collective died, so I am even more lost on what's going on than usual.

Do you mean the group that was doing it or the site because I am looking at the site right now

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Destiny gamers including myself are legendarily awful at predicting the meta but those Strand aspects don’t seem very exciting to me. Maybe the Warlock one will help out Threadling builds a bit? Eh…

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

I am very excited to finally have an offensive ranged one off Super for titans ala blade barrage and I cannot wait to loving wreck nerds with it

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

TheTrend posted:

I am very excited to finally have an offensive ranged one off Super for titans ala blade barrage and I cannot wait to loving wreck nerds with it

It's going to suck, just like blade barrage also

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

It's going to suck, just like blade barrage also

Blade Barrage very much doesn't suck tho? In fact I believe it's the highest Burst DPS super in the game, with good tracking and incredibly easy to pull off.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Pirate Jet posted:

Destiny gamers including myself are legendarily awful at predicting the meta but those Strand aspects don’t seem very exciting to me. Maybe the Warlock one will help out Threadling builds a bit? Eh…

they don't need to be, strand itself is insanely powerful

TheTrend posted:

it's not a super

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
One of the dumbest things the playerbase does is declare things absolutely good or bad based relatively on interactions with season artifact stuff.

If you take away all the season artifact perks then all the classes and subclasses are about as good as each other. Seasonal stuff is always gonna make the subclasses feel more powerful. Kind of the point. It doesn't make other subclasses worse or bad.

Arc wasn't bad last season, Solar isn't trash this season, Stasis is still totally viable and good. Void is definitely toned down compared to last season but it's still gonna feel better thanks to the seasonal perks.

If you want to minmax then go nuts, but building a nice build and then using whatever comes by seasonally as extra flavour makes way more sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What's the grievance here? People care about the artifact mod too much?