Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I miss the WWE Network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I miss the WWE Network

Only 9.99

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I miss the WWE Network

me too it was great

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I miss the WWE Network

I do not

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I literally don't miss WWE at all.

I was thinking about this earlier. I could remember individual matches in WWE back when I watched it and now I know why: it's because very good wrestling matches in WWE were as rare as hen's teeth. Of course I'd remember when I saw a good one.

Now in AEW I see incredible matches every week, so much so I forget so many great ones. It's a great problem to have. But then WWE was never in the wrestling business

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's rare that I'd ever go back to watch matches post WM 18 again but I'm still a sucker for re-watching Nitro and Attitude Era stuff and peacock took that away from me

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

It's rare that I'd ever go back to watch matches post WM 18 again but I'm still a sucker for re-watching Nitro and Attitude Era stuff and peacock took that away from me

Nitro and Attitude Era are both on peacock tho? for me at least

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

I miss the WWE Network

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

I miss the WWE Network

You could sub to the superior AJPW.TV, all the Kento Miyahara you could want. Actually, that's not true, there's never enough Kento

(You can still get the WWE Network if you use a VPN, but don't give the WWE money please)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

I literally just introduced my kid to wrestling through attitude era PPVs on peacock

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The network was good because you could watch a WWE documentary where some talking head says that the crowd at RAW the night after KOTR 1996 were all wearing Austin 3:16 shirts and going nuts for the guy and then watch the Raw show and Austin is wrestling Savio Vega on the undercard to silence

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Legends House was fuckin wild. FLOCKO FLAMINGO FLOCKO FLAMINGO. They’re all dead now

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shouts out jimmy hart's culinary choices

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Kraven, a totally well known character by more than 7 people.

Kraven was a star on Broadway, goddamn it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RgR0-EWuNY

Anyway, the best MCU thing post-Endgame was Werewolf by Night.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chris James 2 posted:

Nick Khan spoke at a conference

India event in September
TV rights exclusivity negotiation window is up so they're free to speak with others now about pursuing a deal. Singled out Amazon
SD could switch nights
Foresees 1.5x rights increase ($1.5bil for SD minimum)
Peacock also going to need to pay up big to keep them
https://twitter.com/TonyMaglio/status/1659260827529035777?s=20

- okay
- Amazon is an obvious, obvious bluff
- okay
- why?
- sure they will, buddy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
no chance in hell

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Kvlt! posted:

Oh, I meant that I'm never going to pay for Peacock not that the content wasn't there. I think I had it for free and the UI was so bad at the time I just never used it again

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Kind of hilarious to talk about the Peacock deal being so under-market and a great revenue potential he's just uncovered like he wasn't the one that made the deal in the first place.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

oldpainless posted:

Does peacock have any reason to keep them?

Their original programming isn't exactly setting the world on fire (though Mrs. Davis and Poker Face are a lot of fun.) Their film selection is pretty anemic - you'd think they'd have a lot more stuff, being Universal Studios, but I'm guessing a lot of their library content is tied up in existing rights deals. Their TV library similarly isn't the deepest, but they are the streaming home for Bravo series, which are big with female demos. Right now their live sports content is mostly stuff you can already see on NBC broadcast/cable networks, though they do have a pretty extensive Premier League slate. Currently, I think WWE's library and PLEs really are carrying a lot of water for them. If they restructure or book new streaming deals with their existing sports partners before the WWE deal comes up for renewal, though...

MJeff posted:

Man, there is such a massive contrast in the way Nick and Tony Khan talk about their television partners.

Tony: Promotion is under 5 years old. Media partner recently went through a major, messy merger where new management started slashing and burning existing WB/Turner projects. Seems to understand that the sports/live events TV rights bubble is going to pop sooner rather than later and is keen on maintaining a healthy relationship to ensure a solid-not-spectacular deal moving forward.

Nick/Shadow Vince: WWE IS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING; WHAT, ARE YOU GONNA SAY NO TO US? I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY. WE'RE GETTING $9 BILLION FROM UFC, NOWHERE TO GO FROM HERE BUT UP, BABY [lights cigar with stack of bearer bonds, extinguishes it in bucket of Macallan 30 year]

Gavok posted:

Anyway, the best MCU thing post-Endgame was Werewolf by Night.

:hfive: This dude gets it

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Sometimes I wonder why shareholders are dumb enough to get tricked by hearing "Peacock is in over 1/3rd of all homes in the US!" (Because it's free to anyone who has Spectrum or Comcast, two giant ISP/Cable monopolies for which many areas don't even get to choose between)

I am just legitimately jealous how dumb rich people get to be and still make money

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Gavok posted:

Kraven was a star on Broadway, goddamn it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RgR0-EWuNY

It's so funny to me that out of all the Spider-Man villains they could put in their goofy, campy musical, one that they choose is loving Carnage, the serial killing psychopath.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just really want a situation where WWE fucks around and finds out and for the first time in a decade, they actually have to convince people to spend 50 dollars on their PPVs once a month.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DeepDickPizza posted:

It's so funny to me that out of all the Spider-Man villains they could put in their goofy, campy musical, one that they choose is loving Carnage, the serial killing psychopath.

They're not wrong, carnage was always campy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Sometimes I wonder why shareholders are dumb enough to get tricked by hearing "Peacock is in over 1/3rd of all homes in the US!" (Because it's free to anyone who has Spectrum or Comcast, two giant ISP/Cable monopolies for which many areas don't even get to choose between)

I am just legitimately jealous how dumb rich people get to be and still make money

The "free to anyone who has Comcast" part ends in a month https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/12/23596786/xfinity-subscribers-peacock-nbcuniversal-comcast

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Also known as the date Peacock stops looking like a viable streaming service.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

I just really want a situation where WWE fucks around and finds out and for the first time in a decade, they actually have to convince people to spend 50 dollars on their PPVs once a month.

"Surely THIS is the year WWE stops failing upward!" we say, as they continue to get handed a trillion dollars for no conceivable reason

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Peacock feels like it's definitely gonna be the first of the big streaming services to die once people want to see actual money being made

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

zetamind2000 posted:

I agree.
"edgy" and/or "grimdark" is just campy, but for kids wearing too much eyeliner.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I just wanna say that it'll be extremely loving funny if Roman wins the tag titles at the Saudi show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

zetamind2000 posted:

Green Jelly and red cartridges forever, man.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gavok posted:

Green Jelly and red cartridges forever, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsXNIN-YH7M

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Peacock feels like it's definitely gonna be the first of the big streaming services to die once people want to see actual money being made

cnn+ died in like a week

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
So soon we forget the legacy of Quibi

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still cry for Seeso

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I went 90 once. Never again.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Bluejeans posted:

So soon we forget the legacy of Quibi

And now I really want to watch The Golden Arm again. Not the high point of Sam Raimi's career.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Sorry

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 19, 2023

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ganso Bomb posted:

I still cry for Seeso

In my case if only because I would've enjoyed more MBMBAM

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.