Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What on earth triggers the quest that gets me the Shrine sensor and i think the last ability. Robbie is just sitting around saying I'll probably get it later

Did you do Josha's quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What on earth triggers the quest that gets me the Shrine sensor and i think the last ability. Robbie is just sitting around saying I'll probably get it later

You have to talk to the new assistant I think.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

wish sprinting didn't cost stamina

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Did you do Josha's quest?

Josha just tells me to go explore and come back later like an irritatingly chirpy Caius Cosades. It's been a few hours and a couple of blood moons so I guess I'll check back in

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Mating press purah

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I’m sorry wrong window.

----------------

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I am in love with purah

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have 18 heart containers and still haven't hit the 2nd row. Jesus christ lol

I also got the last item Koltin said he had to give and he said he sensed 99 bubblfrogs in Hyrule. I don't know if that's the total number or the remaining number but either way good lord

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Josha just tells me to go explore and come back later like an irritatingly chirpy Caius Cosades. It's been a few hours and a couple of blood moons so I guess I'll check back in

There's a specific thing she wants you to find in the depths and mentions how to find it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hizke posted:

I’m sorry wrong window.

lol

----------------

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

u have to do one of the main quest markers before she gives you her next q u est

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Stux posted:

u have to do one of the main quest markers before she gives you her next q u est

yeah I figured it was something like that. well everyone I speak to is yelling at me to go to the Rito village and I like those bird folks so I'll do that and see what happens

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

doing the rito quests is 100% worth it to get the airdash

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

i remembered how vital the rito champion power was in botw and beelined there immediately

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
All the main quests are way more sick than I was expecting. They send you to the coolest locations in the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

:stare:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also talk to every npc because they'll tell you about some cool poo poo thats not super obvious. It's like an old rpg where it doesn't exactly beat you over the head with the solution but you're like "well time to go check that area and holy poo poo now I have a new paraglider cloth hell yeah"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Also talk to every npc because they'll tell you about some cool poo poo thats not super obvious. It's like an old rpg where it doesn't exactly beat you over the head with the solution but you're like "well time to go check that area and holy poo poo now I have a new paraglider cloth hell yeah"

Yeah I love all the little stuff that isn't a Quest per se but still worth hearing about

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Spanish Manlove posted:

I had a Garuda tell link he was too short to do something which turned out to be hint to figure out a hint on how to progress. All without adjusting the quest marker telling me exactly where to go. Why aren't all rpgs like this lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After all my early wandering to explore the depths and find shrines I headed off to Necluda region cuz I wanna go to Kakariko and Hateno and Lurelin. Idk which of the big 4 I'm gonna go to first

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Yeah I love all the little stuff that isn't a Quest per se but still worth hearing about

the stables are so good for these. Very very good JRPG pub vibes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man i love the president hudson sign puzzles

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I love old RPGs where you just get a description of "go southeast from town, halfway up the hill there's a copse of birch trees. Go left. Twenty paces from the trees is a rock that you need to put a red fruit onto and then make the sign of the moon. A dijidalli will appear and will lead you to the cave of xanthur where your foresight will be tested in the trials of amagoodle"

While I nod and write it down on a post it note so I can check what's the difference between a birch tree and a sycamore

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

immaculate cozy snow vibes in Rito village. The plucky kid character is annoying as gently caress though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
seeing a lot of zonanite mining in my future

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got into a training shrine like 30hours and 10 hearts in that was gonna teach me about throwing stuff

i was like, ok, there was already a weapon throwing shrine, really weird to repeat tutorials..you can lob stuff. just throw anything in your inventory without attaching it to arrows. mind blown

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Man i love the president hudson sign puzzles

me too lol. giggling everytime he shouts "HOW IS THE PRESIDENT STANDING?!?"

I need to figure out how to get more crystallized charges. I've got a ton of raw ore, do I really need to just keep going back to the guy in the sky for ten at a time or should I be looking for another source?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

me too lol. giggling everytime he shouts "HOW IS THE PRESIDENT STANDING?!?"

I need to figure out how to get more crystallized charges. I've got a ton of raw ore, do I really need to just keep going back to the guy in the sky for ten at a time or should I be looking for another source?

I've found processors with bigger stores in the depths

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh my loving god

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

extremebuff posted:

got into a training shrine like 30hours and 10 hearts in that was gonna teach me about throwing stuff

i was like, ok, there was already a weapon throwing shrine, really weird to repeat tutorials..you can lob stuff. just throw anything in your inventory without attaching it to arrows. mind blown

I had this same experience but felt really really dumb that I hadn't noticed that before lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just got enough lightseeds in the underground to discover the map is topographically inverted from the surface map

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

just got enough lightseeds in the underground to discover the map is topographically inverted from the surface map

lol yeah I only just realized that the Impassable walls correspond with bodies of water and it's made navigation so much easier

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

woah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Just got to the Wind Temple and I cannot believe this game is real. Feature length Mario 64 Bowser level followed by a surprise actual dungeon and this is basically the first one the game expects you to do... big Castle Stormveil feeling

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I have 18 heart containers and still haven't hit the 2nd row. Jesus christ lol

I also got the last item Koltin said he had to give and he said he sensed 99 bubblfrogs in Hyrule. I don't know if that's the total number or the remaining number but either way good lord

it was the remaining number. this game has so many god drat caves

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

seeing a lot of zonanite mining in my future

Do the yiga clan sub quests. Those fuckers drop tons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I feel like such a loving idiot for how amazed this game makes me feel. A korok popped up from a rock when I attached it to my weapon and I literally did the soyjak pog face irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I feel like such a loving idiot for how amazed this game makes me feel. A korok popped up from a rock when I attached it to my weapon and I literally did the soyjak pog face irl

lol