Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Afaict this is the only thing Elden Ring has on ToTK. I’m constantly dismounting to loot poo poo. But dismounting is also fun so I can’t be tooo mad about it.

Auto-loot for resources should always be an option. It's a shame TotK doesn't have this option. Also "hold the loot button to loot everything in your reach" should be an option as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Give an upgrade to the ultrahand power that makes it autoloot everything in range except weapons/bows/shields.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I still kinda can't get over the lack of bomb or stasis or freeze shiekah slate powers. Recall is nice but it's no stasis

Sure we got other equivalents and they had to strip those away to keep a good balance. Just feels weird sometimes is all

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The lack of bomb as a power creates a lot need for players to be innovate. Plus I can just put bombs on arrows and spears now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Hmmmm. Continue to have incredibly successful games that sell tens of millions of copies within the first week OR make a game that will sell five to six million copies in its entire life time. Tough choice!
this is the kind of thinking that eventually leads to every character in an RPG being Toad

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

this is the kind of thinking that eventually leads to every character in an RPG being Toad

OK but Toads Treasure Tracker is a very fun and cool game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bug Squash posted:

The lack of bomb as a power creates a lot need for players to be innovate. Plus I can just put bombs on arrows and spears now.

Yeah that's fair I wouldn't feel anywhere near the same pressure to experiment if I still had endless insta bombs

I'm still playing around with shield infusions and wow the level of added utility is ridiculous here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nintendo will never make another video game. Video games are over.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

KingSlime posted:

Yeah that's fair I wouldn't feel anywhere near the same pressure to experiment if I still had endless insta bombs

I'm still playing around with shield infusions and wow the level of added utility is ridiculous here

It's quite nice of Nintendo to make every solution to every non-combat shrine: Rocket + shield or bomb + shield. :v:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Sakurazuka posted:

Buy Links Awakening

Nintendo owes us Zelda 1 and Link to the Past remade using the Link's Awakening assets. Why not done nintendo? TAKE MY MONEY!!
Charge me $100 for it, idgaf. I'll buy two copies.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I want an Earthbound remake in the Link's Awakening engine.

Also, this all day long.

otter fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 18, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Jumping from high buildings in like, the Assassin's Creed games never bothered me, but OOF do I get a weird feeling during free-falling in ToTK. :stare:

It's an anxious feeling, but in a :hellyeah: way.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

Jumping from high buildings in like, the Assassin's Creed games never bothered me, but OOF do I get a weird feeling during free-falling in ToTK. :stare:

It's an anxious feeling, but in a :hellyeah: way.

It's awesome that it takes a full second for Link to slow down when deploying a glider, but if you deploy a glider even .1mm off of the ground it negates all damage. :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FlapYoJacks posted:

When Nintendo had separate handhelds and home consoles, it was easier to delineate between the two. Yes, they could develop two Zelda games for the same console at the same time, but why would they?

because it take 6 years to make a 3D Zelda game, because they have separate teams that have worked on 2D Zelda games with knowledge and tech that would be transferable to making a new 2D Zelda game, because they could make a strong return on investment from a game that costs less to make but sells well and because it’s cool

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 18, 2023

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Soldiers spear spear lmao it’s like 20 feet long.

akiyba
Jan 28, 2009
Quick question. What is the recommended brand for Joycon or backplate replacement shells? Last time I looked it seemed like Basstop? But a casual Amazon search is now showing a bunch of eXtremeRate ones? Their soft touch ones are appealing! Looking to spruce up my OG Switch.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

But not too spicy or unusual of a Toad, very medium Toads

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

akiyba posted:

Quick question. What is the recommended brand for Joycon or backplate replacement shells? Last time I looked it seemed like Basstop? But a casual Amazon search is now showing a bunch of eXtremeRate ones? Their soft touch ones are appealing! Looking to spruce up my OG Switch.

I have used extremerate shells for joycons and the backplate and both are good, would recommend if you wanna swap.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

seconding extremerate. good stuff and they have step-by-step video instructions

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Lol the very last thing I expected in a Zelda game was to go deep underground and get chased by a loving car. Nintendo's done it again!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Sweet, three games that are already on the NES and SNES apps

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1659363492204249090?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Those are my favorite versions of those games lol. Love the terrible voice clips

Also the fart music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prIXaXB62Tk

hatty fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 19, 2023

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thank you Nintendo

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

acksplode posted:

It stresses me out every time I find a new chasm. Getting dropped into an abyss with that dissonant audio cue feels perfectly wrong

Same. Doing so and suddenly seeing a boss bar appear with a name and "Scourge of the Depths" while hearing something move in the pitch black freaked me out making me panic and fly towards the nearest source of light as fast as I could.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

The GBA versions of these games absolutely should be on NSO. Even if they aren't the "definitive" ones, it's important that people have access to them to better understand the legacy of these titles.

But, sure, it is a bit of a punch in the face to just release these three, especially on XP whereas arguably better versions are already on base NSO. They could've at least thrown Wario Land 4 out there with them or something.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

The best part is they saved 4 for a surprise update later. :downs:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Hrist posted:

The best part is they saved 4 for a surprise update later. :downs:

4 is already on the app

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Too many games

Please do not make new console

Not enough time

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Can anyone recommend any of those products that let you attach the switch console to your pro controller? The things that are like a brace that mounts the switch above the controller, so you can play handheld with pro controller. I really can't stand joycons anymore, even when they're not loving up and giving me random button inputs or having connectivity issues, they're just uncomfortable as poo poo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

super fart shooter posted:

Can anyone recommend any of those products that let you attach the switch console to your pro controller? The things that are like a brace that mounts the switch above the controller, so you can play handheld with pro controller. I really can't stand joycons anymore, even when they're not loving up and giving me random button inputs or having connectivity issues, they're just uncomfortable as poo poo

I never did like those things because they feel way too heavy. I’d recommend the Hori Split Pads Pro. You will miss out on motion controls, amiibo, and wireless connectivity though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://youtu.be/rdGVxCfodHw

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:yaybutt:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
But where's the ring?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The GBA versions tend to be a bit weird with additional/changed content.

SMA1 has a bunch of weird design tweaks like giant enemies to show off the GBA's power.
SMA2 has the ability to play as Luigi, with his floaty physics and a different Yoshi attack.
SMA3 has six new levels (one for each world) that are unlocked by beating the game.
SMA4 (previously released) has a new "World E" segment with nearly 40 new levels with a smattering of new enemies, powerups etc. from the previous three SMA games.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
those GBA remakes were the first games i bought with my own money, so I have very fond memories of them all

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I did it! I escaped the depths without teleporting but by using ascend. Most of my game time has been spent underground. I lit 28 lighthouses looking for a way out all with 4 hearts and one wheel. The kicker is I think I had actually seen the structure I used to get out once before but I didn’t know what it was for because I had a habit of forgetting about ascend early on.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

mdemone posted:

Too many games

Please do not make new console

Not enough time

Combination of TotK and an upgrade to the OLED has genuinely put me in this boat.

March 2025 works fine for me. I'm not in a rush.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

For twelve years you've been asking: when is the switch 2 coming out?

- A post from the future

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I love that Nintendo heard all the criticism of weapon durability and doubled down and it worked. You scrounge in the dirt now for scraps, and you like it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As much as I like TOTK tbh I like the more conventional aspects of it the most. It's a great game for the most part and I will continue to play the hell out of it, but I think if I'd have preferred BOTW going in a different direction in some ways. Maybe this will change but as of right now I think BOTW was a better game.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I can't believe they gave Link the near-limitless power to manipulate the environment to the player's whim, and still no proper fishing.

:cmon: