Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Oh yeah, I've been doing this with the whisper cloaks/high-end specialized tools to get +item quality, chance to open chests without alert penalty etc. I probably still have a fractured one somewhere but huck isn't using it b/c he's not ranged.

Right, but Huck is doing very little damage. Having perma-haste while you map is a huge quality increase and since you’re not using Huck in actual heists it doesn’t matter at all.

I’m doing the exact same thing you are, using Huck as a minion/tank to protect my squishy rear end while I poo poo out damage. Trust me, it’s worth it to get Haste like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arivia posted:

Right, but Huck is doing very little damage. Having perma-haste while you map is a huge quality increase and since you’re not using Huck in actual heists it doesn’t matter at all.

I’m doing the exact same thing you are, using Huck as a minion/tank to protect my squishy rear end while I poo poo out damage. Trust me, it’s worth it to get Haste like this.

Oh no, I get it. It just didn't occur to me because I was optimizing all of them to do their <thing> that they excel at and since Huck excels at nothing, I just sorta forgot about him until I got that passive. I initially took it as a joke just to have his cockney rear end hang out with me but then I realized he's actually extremely helpful. Since I'm not taking the brunt of the damage all the time now, my mistwall/kitsugi keep me damage-free most of the time while Huck takes the brunt of the instagib attacks and I can just hang back and deal brutal AoE damage as God intended when we bump up against something I can't instantly kill.

I'm also pretty pleased with myself that I figured how/why Huck is useful out on my own without you guys telling me to do it.

E: The huge asterisk to how useful Huck is - is that you have to take all of the atlas passives that give bonuses to smuggler caches in maps or it's useless. You have to find him early on or else it's not worth it and that's a pretty significant investment. Not so terrible for me because I switched out of betrayal into heist but it's not a node you want to take unless you are pretty confident you'll have multiple smuggler caches per-map.

Question though: I finished all of the heist boss missions except for the lady who's cat was stolen. Never got resolution there. Is there something special I have to do for that contract or is it just rare/random? People want too much money for it on console and i'd feel silly paying for it with the amount of smuggler caches I get.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 19, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

When you finish the heist questlines you start getting unique heists to drop as random extra drops, it seemed to be pretty heavily weighted away from the one good one, the vox twins, which would be the one at the end of the cat stuff.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

The Mechanarium one. It's the last map I need for the challenge but they run like 3div on console.

She drops a Trialmaster piece, but you want the Vaal boss in Delve for Doryani's (who also drops a Trialmaster piece)

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

To counter Atziri's reflect, allocate the Yugul pantheon and use either a Sibyl's Lament ring to replace one of your rings temporarily or allocate a mastery on the tree that reduces the appropriate reflected damage taken. This will give you 100% reduced reflected damage taken. You can also upgrade the Pantheon with a Divine Vessel and use a flask with reduced effect of curses on you to counteract most of the curse effect on you, or just don't use your curses.

It's ok to lower your damage to achieve this. She is not a big DPS check.

Also on medium clusters, getting 5 passives is fine too. it's functionally equivalent to 4 because you can skip one of the small nodes. You just don't want 6, as you saw.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 19, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!

Papercut posted:

I have a 4-flask mage blood and let's say 20-30 div to work with, and need to run about 400 t16s to finish my challenges. What's a good zoomy build to go with?

im in the same boat and decided im going to try coc fr. dunno if its going to be the zoomiest tho

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Is there a good Torchlight: Infinite source for builds? I couldn't find a thread for it on SA.

The first build I played felt like a bit of a dumb one-button build, and I think the energy system that replaces linked items kind of reinforces that. Perhaps just the side effect of being a mobile game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
maxroll.gg has a T:I section.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

You can also upgrade the Pantheon with a Divine Vessel

Oh what the gently caress. I didn't even know this was a thing. So that's what those are for.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

Oh what the gently caress. I didn't even know this was a thing. So that's what those are for.

Oh yeah. None of them are huge but some of the upgraded effects are very nice QOL boosts (since you're not ailment immune, the Brine King one that prevents freeze/reduces chill and stun is pretty nice. After I got full elemental ailment immunity, when I was running Exarch I really liked the one that makes you unaffected by burning ground)

edit: Elemental Ailment Immunity might be a fun thing for you to shoot for, it goes a long way towards survivability and just lets you ignore a bunch of mechanics. Looks like Stormshroud goes for 5 div on PS4 which is not too terrible but you'd probably have to slot out a unique or two for rares in order to get the % chance to avoid shock to 100%

goferchan fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 19, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah. None of them are huge but some of the upgraded effects are very nice QOL boosts (since you're not ailment immune, the Brine King one that prevents freeze/reduces chill and stun is pretty nice. After I got full elemental ailment immunity, when I was running Exarch I really liked the one that makes you unaffected by burning ground)

edit: Elemental Ailment Immunity might be a fun thing for you to shoot for, it goes a long way towards survivability and just lets you ignore a bunch of mechanics. Looks like Stormshroud goes for 5 div on PS4 which is not too terrible but you'd probably have to slot out a unique or two for rares in order to get the % chance to avoid shock to 100%

Frozen ground is the #1 reason I die now so yes, that's huge. There's an anti-shock one and an anti-ignite one as well. There are also a few upgrades that straight up counter map upgrades (immune to maim etc). How hard are the upgraded bosses? Soon as I hit 96 this is going to be priority #1

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also fix your flasks! The suffixes on them can do a lot of work and neither of these are doing you any good:

Bottomless Jade Flask of Imposing
{crafted}Used when Charges reach full
43% increased Charge Recovery
25% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite during Effect

Bountiful Quartz Flask of the Abalone
+24 to Maximum Charges
42% increased Armour during Effect

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Frozen ground is the #1 reason I die now so yes, that's huge. There's an anti-shock one and an anti-ignite one as well. There are also a few upgrades that straight up counter map upgrades (immune to maim etc). How hard are the upgraded bosses? Soon as I hit 96 this is going to be priority #1

You won't even notice they're upgraded.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Yeah, something else in the map is far more likely to kill you at this point, unless you get some penta-ghosted monstrosity with every single map modifier.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

goferchan posted:

Also fix your flasks! The suffixes on them can do a lot of work and neither of these are doing you any good:

Bottomless Jade Flask of Imposing
43% increased Charge Recovery
25% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite during Effect

Bountiful Quartz Flask of the Abalone
+24 to Maximum Charges
42% increased Armour during Effect

Yeah, been meaning to do this but it's so tedious.

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah, been meaning to do this but it's so tedious.

Solid new thread title, nicely done.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

E: wait I get why it’s not good. It has too many passive slots. I’m gonna go ahead and pay the 1 div for the same jewel that has 4 passives instead of 6

Little protip for medium cluster jewels: If all you care about is getting the notable, 5-passive jewels are functionally the same as 4-passive jewels because of how the pathing works.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Medium clusters are also really easy to roll yourself so check the mods, get appropriate ilvl base, and give it a shot yourself.

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=151...D&md=356%7Cnull

Or with just quick getaway: https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=151...D&md=356%7Cnull

Regarding breach and legion: these are two mechanics that are quite sensitive to map layouts. You want to run these on very open maps like dunes not closed off ones like crimson temple, etc.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 19, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjThG3sWhI

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lmao, rip to that

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
coc fr is pretty expensive to get off the ground even if you have a mageblood in my experience, since it tends to do a lot of reservation efficiency stacking (ashes, multiple enlighten gems, that 35% effect small reservation cluster aurabots want) and it's also the kind of build where if you're half-assing parts of it the entire machine just falls over. 30 div doesn't feel like enough for it to feel good.

it's also not zoomy at all, though the fact that forbidden rite projectiles auto-target make it very comfortable

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Downsides: Phys Reflect

Oh, you mean you can't do Phys Reflect?

No, the opposite

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
yeah i picked it bcos ive been playing an aurastacker anyway o ive got all sorts of stuff for that, and i had been making elevated cdr boots for a bit to sell so i have a spare pair sitting around lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

coc fr is pretty expensive to get off the ground even if you have a mageblood in my experience, since it tends to do a lot of reservation efficiency stacking (ashes, multiple enlighten gems, that 35% effect small reservation cluster aurabots want) and it's also the kind of build where if you're half-assing parts of it the entire machine just falls over. 30 div doesn't feel like enough for it to feel good.

it's also not zoomy at all, though the fact that forbidden rite projectiles auto-target make it very comfortable

I've pretty much settled on LA deadeye cause it looks pretty zoomy and easy to get off the ground

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

External Organs posted:

Lmao, rip to that

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
here you go Frank Frank, what it looks like with a couple grand of supporter packs and MTX :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_BLBlG4kfE

my poor old computer did its best but recording took a pretty big toll on the framerate haha

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And in a similar vein to that last video I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UPR_XSqH_4

lol lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

whypick1 posted:

lol lol

Lol "which is kind of dumb"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

lol lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTYk6X9FC-o

a video of it in action against non-campaign content that makes it clear this is Good, quoting the uploader:

quote:

This is a 4-link Ele hit with a quill rain on a 1 divine budget, with 50% more monster life if curious.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tenkaris posted:

here you go Frank Frank, what it looks like with a couple grand of supporter packs and MTX :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_BLBlG4kfE

my poor old computer did its best but recording took a pretty big toll on the framerate haha

Dang I spent like 60$ because I liked the game and wanted to support it but over a grand? Lmao

Hit level 96. Now it’s time to do a bunch of dumb poo poo and die a lot. I found another pair of boots I really want but they’re 5 div and I’m 1 short. Need one of my weird gems to sell

E: I has a cold iron point drop and I got all excited because I remembered it being worth a lot and it’s like 5c lol

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 20, 2023

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

Dang I spent like 60$ because I liked the game and wanted to support it but over a grand? Lmao

Hit level 96. Now it’s time to do a bunch of dumb poo poo and die a lot. I found another pair of boots I really want but they’re 5 div and I’m 1 short. Need one of my weird gems to sell

well that's cumulative over years; I have 4,500 hours played on my steam account, and each of these icons on my poe profile represent some kind of supporter pack worth 30/60/90/??

trust me, I'm pretty gobsmacked by the number too, but I'm not really on the whale radar either when there are all the divination cards, hall of grandmaster characters, and the really big supporter packs that are like 400+ dollars that I never bought, but some goons definitely did :D

I don't ball on THAT kind of budget but there was a solid 2-3 years where they were just kicking rear end and I felt like giving them money and it adds up :D

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh I also finally had that twins heist contract drop. Do you get anything cool for completing it or should I just sell it? It’s not needed for challenge completion.

Oh also, fun fact - the “wings” part of the challenge means running wings. You don’t have to reveal them yourself. I know this because I have the perk that occasionally drops fully revealed blueprints and the challenge completed while running one of those.

Hey I found this thing and I think it'd be perfect for my build but I'm rapidly running out of potential skill points. 3 div is pretty much all the money I have right now but I feel like I should snap this thing up. If I hit 98, I could absolutely make it work. It'll shore up my health a ton plus add a little in the way of resists letting me potentially retool my rings/belt/boots. Thing is, I would absolutely have to hit 98 to use it unless I can free up passive skill points elsewhere.

Bad idea?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 20, 2023

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yea someone posted a video of this to reddit a day or two ago, here it is in action:

https://v.redd.it/y3cxsjapmo0b1/DASH_720.mp4

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lmao wtf just face tanking uber exarch nbd

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Oh I also finally had that twins heist contract drop. Do you get anything cool for completing it or should I just sell it? It’s not needed for challenge completion.

Look at "Extensively Elusive Executives" a little more carefully

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

It’s needed for the Heist Boss in Extensively Exclusive Executives so you should run it if you’re doing challenges.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Aerox posted:

It’s needed for the Heist Boss in Extensively Exclusive Executives so you should run it if you’re doing challenges.

Oh didn't notice that. I saw the heist challenge complete and figured that was it. I'll hang onto it then.
Also I think a small cluster jewel is the way to go and i'm gonna try to make my own. I already made one with 4% life and blessed. Going to try to roll towering threat on another.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Using Enlighten 3 in the diadem I was able to swap defiance banner for Grace :woop:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Whoever said “just make your own cluster jewels” was 100% correct. I made 3 I like and now I have to decide which one I want:

Or

Oorrrr

Glad I didn’t waste that 3 div. My enlighten gem is only halfway to 3 (4 with bonus from diadem). Looks like I should be able to run grace when that happens as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok I'm kinda screwed and I'm not sure where to go from here. Everything I look at improving is a dead end. I can't use that small cluster jewel to bump my life up because it nukes my resists. My one ring with resists on it is close to maxed out in terms of elemental resists. I could get a better belt for a few div but I can't afford to give up the +str on it so that's out. No better boots out there that would exceed my current stats while maintaining resists.

Open to gear suggestions. I think the issue is the asenath gloves. They have zero resists on them and that leaves my belt/boots/ring to do very heavy lifting. Not sure what else I can do unless I ditch the gloves entirely (but I really like those explosions). Equipment jenga sucks :smith:

I don't suppose there's a way to tack resists onto unique items huh?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 20, 2023