Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Can confirm it's not an Australia problem, I'm downloading it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading/installing now as well, stateside.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

brainSnakes posted:

Look I love Claw the most of all the Shadaloo assholes and want him to return, but I'd rather he be murdered casually in a cut scene than get the sfv version of him back.

Man, I liked the idea of Vega being a stance character in theory, but hoo boy in execution it didn't work for me.

I'm honestly good either way on Vega returning to SF6, Capcom just seems terrified at the idea of him being a good character and goes out of their way to make him bad

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Breetai posted:

Anyone else trying to predownload the beta? Even after signing up and linking my steam account the download link on the website is greyed out and on steam I can put the beta in my cart but not actually check out.

appears to be approvals in waves, was still pending when I checked last night, but I can download now.

edit: Looks like you can also go in and set up buttons and settings ahead of time. gonna share this because I found it to be immensely helpful:

Turning on these settings will make navigating open world/battle hub with a fightstick/controller without a second analog stick much easier.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 17, 2023

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I said come in! posted:

please bring back Makoto.

Honestly this is why I never picked up SF5 despite hearing it became much better than at launch.

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005

I said come in! posted:

please bring back Makoto.

Put Makoto in the game you cowards!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Breetai posted:

Nup. Clicked on the link and it opened te page in Steam, then when I clicked on 'play now' the popup that usuallly installs came up for a split second and then disappeared. Happens every time I try. Clicking on the Wishlist button on the page brings up an "oops" dialogue". Must be issues specifically in Australia or something, I dunno.

Capcom confirmed on twitter there was some sort of issue for some folks that was preventing them from seeing the beta download stuff.
I was having the same problem earlier today (also in Aus) and it's working for me now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Beta went up early btw. I’m in.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

teagone posted:

How suspicious that it happened at the same time FFXIV's servers unexpectedly went down...

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

magicalmako posted:

Put Makoto in the game you cowards!

Also Dudley. Street Fighter 3 in general, good stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

teagone posted:

I gave it a shot and got one set, but it's definitely not stable yet since it was just constant communication or matchmaking errors after, but hey that's the point of this. They may have it sorted by tomorrow.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I'm glad the matchmaking doesn't work I just want want to mess around in training mode--I can't do that without queueing for a match right?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

Also Dudley. Street Fighter 3 in general, good stuff.

I really hope we see the gentleman boxer return.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

porfiria posted:

I'm glad the matchmaking doesn't work I just want want to mess around in training mode--I can't do that without queueing for a match right?

I didn't see a way to do it, you wait in training from a cabinet which puts you in matchmaking.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

porfiria posted:

Find an empty lobby and you can training mode with no one bothering you

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SF6 brought back like every mechanic from every Street Fighter game but I wish they brought back 3S taunts too.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Spent like an hour making a battle hub guy (for the third time before release lol) and the servers went down when I hit save :negative:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I am probably not going to mess with character maker since nothing carries over and I don't wanna craft something that I'll have to redo in two weeks :v:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Skypie posted:

I am probably not going to mess with character maker since nothing carries over and I don't wanna craft something that I'll have to redo in two weeks :v:

The character you make in the demo (not the open beta) will be saved and carried over into the retail release.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

teagone posted:

The character you make in the demo (not the open beta) will be saved and carried over into the retail release.

Hmm two weeks to craft the perfect monstrosity. It's tight but doable.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Battle Hub is fuckin awesome man, I love it

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man chun looks super cool in SF6, I wasn't really interested in any of the characters for this test but I think I'm gonna play her for the weekend

I love how fluid her style looks in this game

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
In my rush to play a match before work, I read absolutely nothing and sat down to play as quickly as possible

I had to play my first match as Luke with modern controls

e: Figuring out how to switch to classic controls was a pain in the rear end

inthesto fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 19, 2023

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

JP's world domination plan is #content creation

https://streetfighter.com/6/comics/en/story3.html

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Man chun looks super cool in SF6, I wasn't really interested in any of the characters for this test but I think I'm gonna play her for the weekend

I love how fluid her style looks in this game

Weirdly how Chun looks seems to be the most frequent complaint I’ve seen about the animation. I don’t get it either

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Something about my Axl Low reflexes isn't coming over for Guile, so Jamie it is this weekend!

And oh my god he is the conditioning KING, it's fantastic. "Oh, you're going to play safe and careful? Don't hold my beer"

EDIT: Also, I kinda love the slight jank that happens when you try to spectate other matches while waiting for opponents, and it starts you off just playing the match so far at hyper-speed until you get caught up. Like fifteen seconds of Dragon Ball Z before your Street Fighter 6, it's hilarious.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 19, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Some of Chun-Li's animations looked awful in her reveal and her model was just rigged wrong, especially around the hips.
Did they fix that?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

morestuff posted:

Weirdly how Chun looks seems to be the most frequent complaint I’ve seen about the animation. I don’t get it either

Really? At least in the recent footage she looks good to me :confused:

Jack Trades posted:

Some of Chun-Li's animations looked awful in her reveal and her model was just rigged wrong, especially around the hips.
Did they fix that?

Not sure tbh, but I think she looks super good. Though, I'll say that I've seen some sorta weird animations on a bunch of characters, like I think a whole bunch of Manon's normals look real weird in general. Chun's just look like they flow a lot better to me from the videos I've watched

Haven't had a chance to play yet, gotta wait till after work so I guess I'll see when I actually start using her! She gives me kinda Xiaoyou vibes with her new stance and the way some of the stuff flows together

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Chun's face in the initial reveal was a bit rough and she looked like the Minbari from Babylon 5 but she looks awesome now imo.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh yeah, I downloaded the open beta now and they have definitely fixed Chun-Li's animations/rigging. Now it doesn't look like she left her whole pelvis bone at home.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jack Trades posted:

Oh yeah, I downloaded the open beta now and they have definitely fixed Chun-Li's animations/rigging. Now it doesn't look like she left her whole pelvis bone at home.

They’ve said this beta is the same as the December version

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

morestuff posted:

They’ve said this beta is the same as the December version

I haven't played the December beta since I didn't get an invite. I meant in comparison to Chun-Li reveal trailer.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Do you guys have negative edge on? Feels kinda loose but I just started playing.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I struggle with some bread and butter combos in SF5, I'd say I get them right about 65% of the time. I don't know, timing links is just tricky.

Trying the same combos in the SF6 open beta today, I always get them right, 100%. There's just something about the inputs that's so much more lenient (and thus nicer to me).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Banjo Bones posted:

Honestly this is why I never picked up SF5 despite hearing it became much better than at launch.

Yep, and just in general there were really no characters in SF5 that I liked, and that is a big part of why I choose the fighting games I do, cause i'm a super casual. SF6 has a much cooler looking roster.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

fighting is fun in the beta, but the online isn't doing so hot on my end

i'm having weird connection issues

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That reminds me, do we know that the input buffer is in SF6? Is it still 4f like in SFV?

EDIT: It seems that the answer is yes.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 19, 2023

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Does 5mp still look this goofy

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Kimberly's mannerisms are so loving great, she's an absolute saltmine of a character and I wish that her playstyle gelled with me more because she seems fun to annoy people with. Ken appears fairly lacklustre tho. Apologies to the player I had my first online match with and who I swept on wakeup 7 times in a row but you gotta learn to block, bro.

Being greeted right off the bat by a character who is a walking trans pride flag is going to cause an amazing amount of chud meltdowns and I am here for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Chun's drive rush combos look so cool :allears: poo poo is super fun to do too. Real happy I can hit confirm a bunch of light attacks into drive rush lmao.