Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Does it actually go down levels?

Yes. Giving someone their hated items will drop their friendship levels all the way back to zero if you give them enough of their hated items.

I was at level seven from just doing questline stuff, but a few bags of worms later he's now at zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Twincityhacker posted:

Yes. Giving someone their hated items will drop their friendship levels all the way back to zero if you give them enough of their hated items.

I was at level seven from just doing questline stuff, but a few bags of worms later he's now at zero.

If you get them back up do they give you items again?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Nuebot posted:

If you get them back up do they give you items again?

If you mean give the tier rewards for a second time for having 10/20/30/40/50 friendship level, probably not. But if you never reached the tier friendship reward, I don't see why not.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

House of Cards hit beta. The cards are used to make hands that become allegedly good stuff. Also Buddyjack three times a day. Get close to 21 while beating Buddy's hand and you get a card. Hit 21, and you get two. You push? Consolation prize.

And the best part? Guess who helps get you access to the Rune Dice needed to enter.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

These buddy requests so far require a couple of thousand soap and 500 inferno spheres among other things

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Pretend I'm an idiot ( not hard ) how do you start entering raptors into raptor fight club? I guess I need soap, but gently caress if I know how to get it.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
First big roadblock I've hit in the Buddy quest line. Start tossing your Small Gears into the well

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Philouza posted:

First big roadblock I've hit in the Buddy quest line. Start tossing your Small Gears into the well

How do you even unlock that quest line? I’m not seeing it.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

How do you even unlock that quest line? I’m not seeing it.

Get Buddy to friendship level 50

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Philouza posted:

Get Buddy to friendship level 50

Of course lol. Thanks I’ll do that today.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok well this is weird.

I’m full on worms and nearly full on nets

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Ok well this is weird.

I’m full on worms and nearly full on nets

Swap out the Gummies? It's showing as 0 there

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Philouza posted:

Swap out the Gummies? It's showing as 0 there

Oh weird thanks.

I wouldn’t have thought it did that if you had everything else.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Okay day 7 of playing this game a lot

my stats are 83/86/81/82, unlocked large island yesterday and whispering creek/jundland today

the urge for gallons of OJ and mounds of nets continues

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So how do they plan on beta testing the House of Cards any time soon if the quest to unlock it requires 200 of an item that has a 33.3% drop rate in the well (outside of people buying or trading tons of gold)

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Somehow I have a thousand wax candles. Don’t recall tossing stuff in the well for them but they must have come from somewhere

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

Somehow I have a thousand wax candles. Don’t recall tossing stuff in the well for them but they must have come from somewhere

I have 19 lmao

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

the hunt for golden leaves has consumed all of my lemonade and orange juice, and I still only have 32. :shepface:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

MarcusSA posted:

I have 19 lmao

16 myself. Looks like it’s gonna be a few days.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

rafikki posted:

PHRs perhaps? Might be an eligible item if you’ve acquired enough.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ran out of flour so now I have to spend grape juice on wheat instead of corn.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

It's really nice getting to a point where I can slowly see myself starting to become self sustaining with adequate production from farm buildings

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
Someone put the full requirements for the House of Cards quest line in the chat:

pre:
Secretly A Society Summons You quest line
    Part 1 & 2
        1K Blue Gel, Essence of Slime, Sand, Sandstone, Soap
        100 Glacierstone
    Part 3
        500 Inferno Sphere
    Part 4
        1K Steel Plate, Rope, Red Trunk, Shovel,
        500 Pocket Watch
    Part 5
        1K Lantern
        200 Wax Candle
    Part 6
        1K Shovel, Bucket, Iced Tea, Lemonade, Orange,
        100 Hickory Omelette
    Part 7
        1000 Wooden Table, Fancy Chair, Wizard Hat
        100 Fancy Table, Wooden Box, Sturdy Box, Treasure Chest
        20 Frost Shield
        10 Fancy Drum, Fancy Guitar, Fancy Pan Flute, Ship in a Bottle
    Part 8
        50B silver
        1K Wood Plank, Nails, Mushroom Paste, Glass Orb, Crossbow, Oak, Explosive, Rope, Steel Wire, Ancient Coin
        50 Steel Vise, Strange Ring, Freaky Picture, Tribal Staff
    Part 9
        1K Skull Coin
    Part 10
        1K Dice
    Part 11
        100 Shrimp-a-Plenty, Apple Cider
    Part 12
        reward

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Well OK then. Lotta pocket watches.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

The freaky picture and wax candles are a thing, is there a list of WW-only items to farm when we have nothing else to get? I've been tossing dice in for teapots and thus wooden figures, definitely gonna stock up on candles and freaky pictures too

Notably:

Small Gear -> Wax Candle
Salt -> Spikey Shell
Crab Claw -> Orange Gecko and Sea Dragon
Dice -> Teapot
Teapot -> Wooden Animal Figures

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 19, 2023

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Tip on the candles: once you have 50 or so you can get them from PHRs.

I personally spent about 10 or so gold to get to 50 candles from WW tosses (I was already at 30+), and then another 30 gold on extra PHRs to hit candles twice. That completed it for me without having to wait for many days.

Keep in mind PHRs roll rewards that exclude any items you are at full capacity on, and they only generate when you visit the Help Requests page. So, fill up your inventory on as much as possible before you go to the Help Requests page for your dailies.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I got 180 wax candles from a PHR just the other day and was wondering if I'd ever actually need them.

I'm stuck on pocket watches though because between making too many Power Monitors and the one exchange center use for them I was almost out.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I've seen the phrase "corn jail" and never knew what it meant until now... I'm in corn jail.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Make sure you get your owl as high level as possible early because honey jail is also very real

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
Finally max level crafting! I’m only a bees dick from 98 on exploring, and then once that’s maxed. I assume I’ll probably have to grow more corn or something

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beasteh posted:

Make sure you get your owl as high level as possible early because honey jail is also very real

Actually don’t take the owl past level 5. You get more honey that way

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thank you for the orange juice today, Marcus: I was finally able to get the last two golden leaves I needed thanks to it. I've had such hilariously bad RNG on those.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I am raking in around 25 million an hour now with lantern production, the drain on stamina is pretty crazy

OJ production is my next focus

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

always keep your orchard output to your max inventory (until you get over 7000 and then welp)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
:toot: 10% to cooking 99! I feel very accomplished.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018

H110Hawk posted:

:toot: 10% to cooking 99! I feel very accomplished.

Absolutely blasting along, hell yeah!! Is there anything you really need for recipes right now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Slimy Hog you never show up as online so that’s why you don’t get as much juice as other people.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm a britgoon so I am rarely on when US goons are active, this game has got me keeping weird hours tho

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm a US goon now living temporarily in Latvia, it's weird waking up in the morning and it still not being the next day in the system. I'm used to doing my chores when I get up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Slimy Hog you never show up as online so that’s why you don’t get as much juice as other people.

Looks like I had a setting turned off. Thank for the heads up!