Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Attaching a giant sticky note to the top of my TV that says PLEASE REMEMBER YOU CAN USE ASCEND IN DUNGEONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Attaching a giant sticky note to the top of my TV that says PLEASE REMEMBER YOU CAN USE ASCEND IN DUNGEONS

I made two dozen stamina foods so I could climb the wind temple pre-dungeon towers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Twice I’ve warped out of a well because I couldn’t figure out how to get out and I forgot about ascend

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

I made two dozen stamina foods so I could climb the wind temple pre-dungeon towers

This is exactly what I did and I just spent five minutes crawling around the walls of a room I fell into to find a bit to climb out that didn't have a terribly inconvenient accessible flat ceiling in the way. I have a masters degree

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I feel like such a loving idiot for how amazed this game makes me feel. A korok popped up from a rock when I attached it to my weapon and I literally did the soyjak pog face irl

Lmao

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

scary ghost dog posted:

just got enough lightseeds in the underground to discover the map is topographically inverted from the surface map

oh my god

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
whenever i remember i can use ascend i feel like a genius lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apparently ascend was added because devs were noclipping out of caves for testing, and they realized man it would be really annoying to ask players to manually climb out.

it must have been added early because theres a lot of stuff designed around ascend

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's a godlike addition. I want a mod that removes the range limit on it so you can just ascend directly to sky islands and such. Or right out of the depths

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

extremebuff posted:

apparently ascend was added because devs were noclipping out of caves for testing, and they realized man it would be really annoying to ask players to manually climb out.

it must have been added early because theres a lot of stuff designed around ascend

I haven't even been using it to get out of caves....

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the stable picture quests seem finicky, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but none of the pictures i'm taking seem to be working

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

all i can think about is this drat game

copy
Jul 26, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yup.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Just got to the Wind Temple and I cannot believe this game is real. Feature length Mario 64 Bowser level followed by a surprise actual dungeon and this is basically the first one the game expects you to do... big Castle Stormveil feeling

It's so good, even the boss rules, it's classic zelda vibes like this is what they meant to do in botw but missed the mark.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

a Loving Dog posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
this game makes botw look like poo poo lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i finally found how to use bubbel gems and i loving love this game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

The gravitational effect once you’re within the same room as the switch is brutal

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

HolePisser1982 posted:

The gravitational effect once you’re within the same room as the switch is brutal

Taking a break because I got a headache from not eating all day.

This game is evil for how good it is.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

thought I was gonna accomplish something today after work but just hung out in the depths mining zonaite for batteries lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i threw every manner of mushroom at that one repairmans feet. the

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Twice I’ve warped out of a well because I couldn’t figure out how to get out and I forgot about ascend

I spent like 10 minutes making a platform out of a bunch of stones and moving it around and rewinding and poo poo just to get out of a well once and the moment my feet hit the grass I felt like an idiot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Arrhythmia posted:

this game makes botw look like poo poo lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's crazy how densely packed this is. Justifies (sort of) reusing the first game's map and then justifies it again three times over. There's cool stuff everywhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Botw is still awesome.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Man i love the president hudson sign puzzles

It took me 4 before I realized Link wasn’t going to hold them up in a cutscene.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Nintendo about to release tears of the kingdom themed nintendo labo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i keep trying to redirect myself to the rito place to get a skill/progress the story, but i found a letter in a bottle

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not actually reading any of the thread because I'm super far behind (just entered Hyrule) but I wanted to post this.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i keep trying to redirect myself to the rito place to get a skill/progress the story, but i found a letter in a bottle

Having just done it I'd recommend it, there's a couple of quests that I'm kicking myself I didn't pick up earlier and some useful skills and equipment along the way. I mean it's up to you but travelling feels a lot cooler and smoother now and I have some quests that are resending me to a bunch of places I already visited before I got them lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just had my balls melted off by gleeok goddddddd i love this game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

just got enough lightseeds in the underground to discover the map is topographically inverted from the surface map

oh my god

I'd noticed that water on the surface corresponds to impassable walls in the Depths, but I hadn't noticed the rest

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally reached the point where I remember ascend more often than not, but now instead I forget about rewind constantly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got to the Rito dungeon last night and my god just the journey to get there was insanely epic

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got to the Rito dungeon last night and my god just the journey to get there was insanely epic

the music as you approach the entrance… drat

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I randomly found the Rito dungeon when exploring but it wouldn’t let me in so I gotta do it again

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The big horn fart when you dive into the depths is sick

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

yeah + the boss fight is so insanely sick

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The boss fight is great. The dungeon is maybe a little closer to the divine beasts than I was hoping from the Temple name but still a good bit more complex and 100x more atmospheric/flavourful, and the leadup to it was great compared to the kind of gimmicky beasts, so a big thumbs up overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

lizalfos horns let you make a bunch of poo poo into cool katanas