Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I brushed my teeth with weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

BHO butt-chug

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

get yourself a hemp toothbrush and hemp toothpaste. mix in some decarbed kief into said toothpaste - i heard that poo poo works exactly like baking soda as an abrasive

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

This is why everyone says hippies smell. Hth :wave:

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Scrotum Modem posted:

get yourself a hemp toothbrush and hemp toothpaste. mix in some decarbed kief into said toothpaste - i heard that poo poo works exactly like baking soda as an abrasive

I feel like that's a way to bust your teeth faster than meth

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone in states that have legalized rec, what is the protocol for acquiring flower in the time between the passage of a bill, and retail sales going into effect?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
How do I size plastic “keck” clips? I want clip an 18mm adapter to my 14mm bowl but I don’t know what # or color to buy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Oh Don Piano posted:

Anyone in states that have legalized rec, what is the protocol for acquiring flower in the time between the passage of a bill, and retail sales going into effect?
Find your local facebook weed groups (one locally here is "cannacultureXXX" where XXX is my zipcode). Meetups/delivery got a lot more relaxed and chill after it was passed in NY.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Cage posted:

Find your local facebook weed groups (one locally here is "cannacultureXXX" where XXX is my zipcode). Meetups/delivery got a lot more relaxed and chill after it was passed in NY.

That sounds promising, was also expecting to see a lot of postings on craigslist similar to people selling a $500 blanket (with a puppy laying on it in every picture). Thanks

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I mean yeah you can't really post prices and stuff without facebook taking most stuff down but there will probably be discord and telegram invites being passed around, these are pretty normal ways to order stuff now. I also just message another crew on facebook whenever I want to see their menu. Once you find the groups you'll probably see most people are friends with each other, its all very friendly.

I never tried craigslist. I probably wouldn't.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
this is what i feel like every time i smoke weed after not smoking for a little bit

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1102117209876209707/1109126191237046455/ahnormal.mp4

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Tomorrow I'll be smoking after being off for a month...gonna hit like a truck.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
gonna be in Florida where it's legal to buy delta 8 and I was wondering if there's anything I should know or consider before buying/consuming delta 8 products here. I have many years of experience with good ol' regular delta 9 THC, but I've never tried delta 8. My only concern is getting a poor quality delta 8 vape cart that's gonna have contaminates or unwanted chemicals in it. Is there like.. a trust worthy brand I could look for?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i would stay away from that poo poo entirely, just bring in some proper weed from out of state if you want to get high while you're there

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dick Bastardly posted:

gonna be in Florida where it's legal to buy delta 8 and I was wondering if there's anything I should know or consider before buying/consuming delta 8 products here. I have many years of experience with good ol' regular delta 9 THC, but I've never tried delta 8. My only concern is getting a poor quality delta 8 vape cart that's gonna have contaminates or unwanted chemicals in it. Is there like.. a trust worthy brand I could look for?

It's like a weaker version of weed that makes you feel a bit heavier after use and stays in your system way longer than regular weed. You can still get high off of it like weed, but it ain't as good. Still slightly surprised that it's federally legal tbh.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So I just stopped at this super shaman/hippie style place and was talked into buying THCa (which is just THC pre decarb if I'm not mistaken) flower which is legal w/o prescription apparently so we'll see how that goes

maybe I just got snake-oiled but I'm optimistic about it

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Won’t be soon. DEA “clarification” incoming.
Whether it’ll be enforced or not is another matter.

In reply to Vlaphor's last sentence.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
THCa is what the dispensaries sell in all the legal states as well.

DEA already clarified last Nov that Delta 8 is absolutely legal.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Here’s what I read:

At the agency’s 2023 Supply Chain Conference earlier this month, Terrance Boos, chief of DEA’s Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section, said that officials have received “multiple petitions” on the issue and are “in the process of modifying our [regulations]” on cannabis constituents based on recommendations from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

Delta-8 THC does occur naturally in cannabis in trace amounts, and DEA has previously confirmed that those natural constituents are uncontrolled. But many products are being produced synthetically, through a chemical process that converts CBD into delta-8 THC.

That is not allowed, Boos said, emphasizing that “synthetic tetrahydrocannabinols were not exempted” from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) even though hemp and its naturally produced derivatives were legalized.

“That act of taking that substance in any synthetic step now brings it back under the CSA,” he said, adding that “a number of states have come up with [regulatory] responses. It’s somewhat of a patchwork right now.”

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Dick Bastardly posted:

So I just stopped at this super shaman/hippie style place and was talked into buying THCa (which is just THC pre decarb if I'm not mistaken) flower which is legal w/o prescription apparently so we'll see how that goes

thca is good
thco is as good as it loving gets (as far as legal weed in non legal states goes)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Here’s what I read:

At the agency’s 2023 Supply Chain Conference earlier this month, Terrance Boos, chief of DEA’s Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section, said that officials have received “multiple petitions” on the issue and are “in the process of modifying our [regulations]” on cannabis constituents based on recommendations from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

Delta-8 THC does occur naturally in cannabis in trace amounts, and DEA has previously confirmed that those natural constituents are uncontrolled. But many products are being produced synthetically, through a chemical process that converts CBD into delta-8 THC.

That is not allowed, Boos said, emphasizing that “synthetic tetrahydrocannabinols were not exempted” from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) even though hemp and its naturally produced derivatives were legalized.

“That act of taking that substance in any synthetic step now brings it back under the CSA,” he said, adding that “a number of states have come up with [regulatory] responses. It’s somewhat of a patchwork right now.”

In Feb of this year they already clarified that Delta-8 THC0 and Delta-9 THC0 are illegal because they are synthetic, and said Delta-8 is fine. Basically anything thc0 is illegal because it uses acetate to produce. They could keep changing things, mostly because congress seems to think CBD is worse than heroin for some reason, so who knows.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 19, 2023

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So apparently the stuff I got is THCa that is extracted or otherwise derived from industrial hemp. It might actually just be hemp flower (but I assume and hope that THCa extract/concentrate was added). The label says it contains 0.17% THC, 11.24% THCa, 0.72% CBD and 14.67% CBDa

Just smoked a small bowl and I feel... high but not quite as high as I would be if I had smoked the same volume of just regular ol' weed. Now I kinda wish I had just smuggled some with me instead given that I grossly over paid per gram for it, but for a one time experiment and the convenience of just going to a store vice looking for it on the illicit market was worth it I guess.

E: Florida really is a grifter's paradise because I'd actually be getting a MUCH better deal if it was just rec. legal and the pricing was comparable to the average in rec legal states

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 19, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if you are travelling from a legal state you dont really need to "smuggle" anything, i fly with small amounts of weed constantly and have been doing so for years, tsa really does not give a poo poo. dont try to hide it in some clever way and dont put it in your checked bag (they'll steal it), just keep it in your carryon or on your person and as long as it's clearly for personal use they will ignore it

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Earwicker posted:

if you are travelling from a legal state you dont really need to "smuggle" anything, i fly with small amounts of weed constantly and have been doing so for years, tsa really does not give a poo poo. dont try to hide it in some clever way and dont put it in your checked bag (they'll steal it), just keep it in your carryon or on your person and as long as it's clearly for personal use they will ignore it

terrible advice

e: imagining a black guy trying this

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 19, 2023

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If I had gone the "smuggle" route, I would have certainly put re-packaged gummies in my carry on and not really worry about it

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

THCa Hemp is just regular weed that you can buy from an increasingly large number of websites from anywhere in the US.

Dick Bastardly posted:

So apparently the stuff I got is THCa that is extracted or otherwise derived from industrial hemp. It might actually just be hemp flower (but I assume and hope that THCa extract/concentrate was added). The label says it contains 0.17% THC, 11.24% THCa, 0.72% CBD and 14.67% CBDa
This is very unlikely to have had extracts added. It's just a Type 2 flower, which means it's roughly 1:1 THC:CBD. Since it's more than 50% CBD it makes sense you didn't get as high as most regular weed. But most THCa Hemp is Type 1 flower which means mainly THC.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Oh Don Piano posted:

If you're talking about MN anybody that grows already can gift you 2oz at a time.

If you want to buy some illegal weed tomorrow from a retail shop, High North sells it. They pretend it's hemp so don't walk in there and ask to buy some weed.

You can legally order pot seeds already. I don't know if the legal date you can start growing is July or August 1st because the bill is confusing about which parts go into effect on which date.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yeah, no. That poo poo ain't legal. The law is very clear that hemp has to be tested for Total THC, not just THC. It with has to be decarbed before testing, or THC + (THCa *0.887). The THCa "hemp" sellers are knowingly testing improperly.
What you bought is regular marijuana according to the USDA.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/hemp/information-laboratories/lab-testing-guidelines

"Compliance tests shall measure the total THC concentration in a sample submitted to a laboratory for analysis. The laboratory will perform chemical analysis on the sample using post- decarboxylation or other similarly reliable methods where the total THC concentration level considers the potential to convert delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) into THC."

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The good news is that literally everywhere in the USA has been selling it for nearly 5 years now. Not all the shops have caught on yet, it's about 1 out of 5 vape shops around here. The ones that have, they have about 30 strains and it's cheap as hell. While politicians argue about making it legal for medical use, everyones has just been buying it in all the shops in their towns without the sky falling.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 20, 2023

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Can I just smoke a weed without worry? Please?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

MisterOblivious posted:

If you're talking about MN anybody that grows already can gift you 2oz at a time.

If you want to buy some illegal weed tomorrow from a retail shop, High North sells it. They pretend it's hemp so don't walk in there and ask to buy some weed.

You can legally order pot seeds already. I don't know if the legal date you can start growing is July or August 1st because the bill is confusing about which parts go into effect on which date.

Thank you very much for the heads up, greatly appreciated.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smoke real weed everyday

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Millions of Minnesotan's faces reading the news in a few hours: :dudsmile:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Got some new gummies made with hash resinate or something and the taste experience is exactly the same as taking a hit off a dirty glass pipe and getting some road tar in your mouth, only with a little mango flavor too

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Oh Don Piano posted:

Millions of Minnesotan's faces reading the news in a few hours: :dudsmile:

Senate approved. It's off to Grandpa Walz now. Happy 5/20 Minnesota!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live?AKnIMR91EcA&t=25488s
(timestamped to vote)

Come hang out on the MN discord. https://discord.com/invite/minnesota
There's a weed thread under #Local. (ignore #general and general 2 and 3 Cabin and Dock currently.) It was at one time "the reddit server" but it's run like an inclusive goon server now with a goon admin, a goon adjacent admin, and some other good folks that ban chuddy assholes quickly. There are at least 3 other mn goons on the server. If you remember the Space Station 13 story "honk honk butt," 2 of the MNcord admins were playing that round.

If y'all don't remember or haven't heard the "honk honk butt" classic:
https://soundcloud.com/stephanosrex/honk-honk-butt

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Sunk Dunk posted:

terrible advice

e: imagining a black guy trying this

Black guy here, who's also looked into it. TSA's official position is basically "Marijuana is federally illegal. TSA's mission is to protect travelers from violent attacks. If an agent discovers other illegal activity, they may be obligated to notify the FBI or local authorities."

No one's gonna call the FBI for the little weed you're walking around with, and no cops in a legal state are gonna give a poo poo. It's not worth anybody's time to hassle you, unless they really just want to jam you up.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Sunk Dunk posted:

this is what i feel like every time i smoke weed after not smoking for a little bit

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1102117209876209707/1109126191237046455/ahnormal.mp4

Cheetah. Cheetos. There's so much beauty in the world. :keke:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
ive vegas ive seen TSA dudes scream and insult old women because they didnt take their shoes off

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
two thoughts about TSA and weed

- TSA people, dogs, and machines are trained for weapons and bombs, not drugs.

- There are more ways to bring weed than to actually bring flower.

With how many actually-legal vape carts and edibles there are, TSA isn't even really qualified to say whats what.

:ssh: vape carts dont show up on baggage scans :ssh:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

two thoughts about TSA and weed

- TSA people, dogs, and machines are trained for weapons and bombs, not drugs.

- There are more ways to bring weed than to actually bring flower.

With how many actually-legal vape carts and edibles there are, TSA isn't even really qualified to say whats what.

:ssh: vape carts dont show up on baggage scans :ssh:

Furthermore: TSA is underfunded, undermanned, and under huge pressure to swiftly stop ALL of the bombs and guns without making anyone late for their flight. They are not at all incentivized to send someone off the security line to go do extra work babysitting someone to deliver a W to some other law enforcement agency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

poverty goat posted:

Furthermore: TSA is underfunded, undermanned, and under huge pressure to swiftly stop ALL of the bombs and guns without making anyone late for their flight.

tsa is not actually even trying to stop "all of the bombs and guns" from getting on to airplanes. the purpose of tsa is to convince passengers that there are enough people checking for guns etc. that flying is safe in a "post-9/11 world".

however the last two years have also involved people bringing record numbers of guns into airports, which is a different topic but certainly a hosed up sign.

quote:

nor do the people doing the security check of your carryon have any idea where you are flying, and there are a ton of major hubs in legal states. if you are flying from la to boston that's a legal state to a legal state. if you are flying from la to miami, it isn't. but as far as the people looking in your carryon bags are concerned, they simply don't know and aren't going to check.

Philthy posted:

ive vegas ive seen TSA dudes scream and insult old women because they didnt take their shoes off

yeah they are assholes all the time. but all they care about is getting people through as quickly as possible. someone failing to take their shoe off is going to bother them a lot more then someone who has a couple carts in their bag that knows the procedure.

most importantly, tsa is not a law enforcement organization. they are not cops. if you piss them off enough or carry a blatantly stupid amount of illegal substances then yes they will turn you over to the cops but in general, their goals are not the same an they are far more focused on just getting people through airports as quickly as possible without letting too many guns through. they do not have time to care about the literal thousands of people bringing weed products on to airplanes every day.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 20, 2023