Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Chuds are willing to threaten and use violence, even extreme violence, for stupid and trivial causes but in the face of global climate catastrophe and God knows what else, it’s unthinkable to left liberals.

Imagine if the howling mob of MAGA and Truckers was mobilized to do something useful.

e: the problem is that the response from the state security apparatus is completely different, such that you can’t even talk about it, but at some point the action required will eclipse what’s permitted.

Idk it’s a problem, but I’m not trying to fedpost.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 18:44 on May 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fortunately, libs have been incredibly successful at criminalizing protest over the past several years so we won't be seeing any nascent activism threatening the status quo from the left anymore.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If a liberal at a protest was actually useful and defiant enough to put a flower in a gun that'd be great

Instead they're the ones actively scolding other protestors and trying to divert action in the streets into glorified drum circles in a park

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I know a lady who got mad at her husband for voting Bernie, and who donates to joe Biden. she has tons of student loan debt and recently immigrated to a eurozone country for the health care.

The hold mainline democrats have on their core is next level. Rs don’t get even a tiny fraction of that loyalty.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

fortunately, libs have been incredibly successful at criminalizing protest over the past several years so we won't be seeing any nascent activism threatening the status quo from the left anymore.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Best Friends posted:

I know a lady who got mad at her husband for voting Bernie, and who donates to joe Biden. she has tons of student loan debt and recently immigrated to a eurozone country for the health care.

The hold mainline democrats have on their core is next level. Rs don’t get even a tiny fraction of that loyalty.

Lol God drat. Becomes an actual migrant looking for a better life rather than vote against D

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Lol God drat. Becomes an actual migrant looking for a better life rather than vote against D

oh you better believe she still votes D. she’s not a drat bro or chud, she’s a good person.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ruzihm posted:

And, Don't forget to vote blue, sweaties!!

That man looks like if you made Mark Hamill younger but he kept his old face (and had long hair)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Willa Rogers posted:

The libs aren't the ones celebrating people who kill protestors.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They are giving them more money though

Also Neely doesn't count?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mcmagic posted:

let me tell you about a woman named Ashli

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

goth smoking cloves posted:

They are giving them more money though

Also Neely doesn't count?

I'm not saying libs are good. The point is that republicans made Kyle Rittenhouse into a loving celebrity.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Other than 1/6 when has a red hat chud ever exhibited aggressive behavior towards a cop, and I don't mean yelling at them about how it's their right to walk around the mall with a rifle and a pistol while the cop kisses their rear end, like in a way that genuinely puts their safety at risk

people say mcveigh was a chud and he got like 150 feds

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They can't stop celebrating cops, what the gently caress are you talking about?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

yes they are, dumbass

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

KomradeX posted:

They can't stop celebrating cops, what the gently caress are you talking about?

There is no example of libs taking a cop who killed an unarmed protestor and making them a celebrity that gets honored at their political events and makes the TV rounds that I can remember. Ballwashing cops in general isn't the same thing. Also, some random dude showing up at a protest with a gun looking for protestors to kill isn't the same thing as a cop.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mcmagic posted:

There is no example of libs taking a cop who killed an unarmed protestor and making them a celebrity that gets honored at their political events and makes the TV rounds that I can remember. Ballwashing cops in general isn't the same thing. Also, some random dude showing up at a protest with a gun looking for protestors to kill isn't the same thing as a cop.

quote:

Officer who shot Ashli Babbitt during Capitol riot breaks silence: 'I saved countless lives'

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-during-capitol-riot-breaks-silence-n1277736

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

libs really wanted to know who killed ashli babbitt so they can hail them as a hero

e: lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Who goves a poo poo if the libs dont make a single cop a celebrity! They still take money from social programs so they can kill people for fun and have less accountability. Are you out of your loving mind?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

yellowcar posted:

libs really wanted to know who killed ashli babbitt so they can hail them as a hero

e: lol

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yeah I still don't give a poo poo that Ashli Babbitt got shot jumping through a broken window at the capital because she was super upset that Donald Trump didn't get to be president anymore. It's pretty insulting to compare the BLM protestors who were murdered by people like Rittenhouse and Daniel Perry to her too.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Who goves a poo poo if the libs dont make a single cop a celebrity! They still take money from social programs so they can kill people for fun and have less accountability. Are you out of your loving mind?

It's fine to give money and MRAPs to police so long as you don't interview them on MSNBC. every leftist knows this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
ahh come on mcmagic, you said there wasn't any example of that and then they posted an example of it. ya got got.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

brain dead

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the current mayor of new york may have well abused unarmed protesters before, but the NYPD refuses to release his disciplinary record lol

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Yea "libs don't lionize violent cops" is a pretty tough case to make. Honestly they aren't too different from the far right in that regard, they just play it from a different angle.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

ahh come on mcmagic, you said there wasn't any example of that and then they posted an example of it. ya got got.

mcmagic said unarmed and Babbit was wearing a MAGA hat, a weapon

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

supporting the fascist american police state to own the chuds ftw

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yellowcar posted:

supporting the fascist american police state to own the chuds ftw

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

No no, it's different because he doesn't like her.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Yea "libs don't lionize violent cops" is a pretty tough case to make. Honestly they aren't too different from the far right in that regard, they just play it from a different angle.

You don't have to be pro cop to understand that random vigilantes showing up at rallies looking to kill protestors and then killing protestors aren't the same thing as cops.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

docbeard posted:

No no, it's different because he doesn't like her.

it's this

"he's hurting the wrong people", but liberalishly

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mcmagic posted:

You don't have to be pro cop to understand that random vigilantes showing up at rallies looking to kill protestors and then killing protestors aren't the same thing as cops.

shut up cop lover!

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

They are happy to lionize either depending on the context.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Even if our demonic society draws that distinction, that is no reason for you or I to do so.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol it always comes down to "they aren't brutalizing the right people!"

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also lol at focusing on "the libs dont make as many good pro-cop memes" and buying into the pro-cop weasel words of "unarmed protesters" as the only kind of unacceptable violence from police

as if that matters more than poo poo like a blue city letting cops have a secret torture facility so good at torturing people they went and taught gitmo how to do it

or being a democrat cop mayor who has their disciplinary record secret from the public

or as a democrat championing and bragging about allowing cops to send parents to jail if their kids skip school

nope. all. about. the. optics. memes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

docbeard posted:

Even if our demonic society draws that distinction, that is no reason for you or I to do so.

It's a fair point. I just don't think that cop who shot Ashli Babbit showed up at work that day thinking "i'm gonna shoot a trump supporter who i mostly agree with on everything" the same way as Perry and Rittenhouse went to a rally to kill protestors. Maybe he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

You don't have to be pro mod to understand that random posters showing up at megathreads looking to derail conversations and then probing posters aren't the same thing as mods.