Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This reminds me of that goon mashup monster that ended up as some kind of fedora wearing pipe smoking eldritch monster. What would I google to see that guy again??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Wow. posting shirtless, uncensored photos of musk(with no spoiler tags!) is some sick poo poo! I've lost gayness for at least the next 24 hours. Thanks.

I dare not click this link! Oh God. it isn't him trying to rap, is it?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Wow. posting shirtless, uncensored photos of musk(with no spoiler tags!) is some sick poo poo! I've lost gayness for at least the next 24 hours. Thanks.

I dare not click this link! Oh God. it isn't him trying to rap, is it?

Just click the link you coward

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

why are people posting the michelin man over and over?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

big nipples big life posted:

I don’t know, but it’s pretty tiresome

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

big nipples big life posted:

Free speech.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shrek for the meme's sake is great, but doing Marvel or Pixar films would be the real speedrun strat I reckon.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shrek for the meme's sake is great, but doing Marvel or Pixar films would be the real speedrun strat I reckon.

Lol if only there was a way to get Nintendo involved in lawsuits against Twitter...

They love to sue

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

holtemon posted:

Lol if only there was a way to get Nintendo involved in lawsuits against Twitter...

They love to sue

They love to sue average citizens, not other corporations. They'd make Twitter hand over the information of individual users who uploaded full versions of the Mario Bros. movie and then sue them for a billion dollars instead.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Can we put something good up? Like Hackers?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lol he did this one too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1U2x63aERw

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

pixaal posted:

Can we put something good up? Like Hackers?

It's the 'no wages only spend' comic but 'no Scorsese, only Shrek!'

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

delete this now

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Serious question: can anyone explain how Elon became the first/second wealthiest person via the companies he’s associated with?

Like, I get that he would be extremely wealthy, but is there a brief explanation on how he’s succeeded in accumulating more capital than Bezos, Zuckerberg, Page/Brin, Gates? I admit I’m probably biased by living in a country where there are very few Teslas around but the rest of big tech is everywhere.

I know the story starts with emerald mines and includes PayPal, but I still don’t get, even with all his advantages, how the CEO of Tesla/Spacex/Twitter is a wealthier guy than the people behind Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft. As an aside I’m also surprised no one associated with Apple cracks the top 100 wealthiest people in the world.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He personally owns a huge amount of the stock in a company that is hilariously over-valued. Apple don't have a single shareholder that owns that much.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Halisnacks posted:

Serious question: can anyone explain how Elon became the first/second wealthiest person via the companies he’s associated with?

Like, I get that he would be extremely wealthy, but is there a brief explanation on how he’s succeeded in accumulating more capital than Bezos, Zuckerberg, Page/Brin, Gates? I admit I’m probably biased by living in a country where there are very few Teslas around but the rest of big tech is everywhere.

I know the story starts with emerald mines and includes PayPal, but I still don’t get, even with all his advantages, how the CEO of Tesla/Spacex/Twitter is a wealthier guy than the people behind Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft. As an aside I’m also surprised no one associated with Apple cracks the top 100 wealthiest people in the world.

Almost all of Elon's value is made up in Tesla shares. Most wealthy people sell the shares because having your income and retirement locked into the same company is a good way to lose it all. He then somehow got compared to Tony Stark and did some bitcoin stuff and a bunch of trust fun failsons thought he was cool poo poo and drove the price of his stock up.

If Tesla's stock crashes he quickly goes down that list.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Halisnacks posted:

I admit I’m probably biased by living in a country where there are very few Teslas around but the rest of big tech is everywhere.

He hasn't made any money off of selling Teslas. It's the most overvalued stock in the history of the loving planet. His wealth is the most fragile bubble of any billionaire currently living.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bottom Liner posted:

His wealth is the most fragile bubble of any billionaire currently living.

Goes well with his ego

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
He has cash flow problems because any time he needs hard money he sells tesla stock and sends the price down.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Is Tesla’s overvaluation driven by “people who should know better” (“sophisticated” investors who overvalue it despite its fundamentals), or by his idiot fans?

Even if his net worth is fragile relative to other billionaires its still absolutely absurd.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Halisnacks posted:

Is Tesla’s overvaluation driven by “people who should know better” (“sophisticated” investors who overvalue it despite its fundamentals), or by his idiot fans?

Even if his net worth is fragile relative to other billionaires its still absolutely absurd.

yes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fundamentals don't mean anything anymore

Remember in Office Space when they were carefully projecting exactly how much of an impact a specific action toward the bottom line would have on the stock price? Firing Michael Bolton would make Lumbergh's stock go up "a quarter of a point"?

Now you can have a giant rocket blow up and your stock will double, or you can announce record-shattering earnings and your stock will plummet, or you can go on a murderous rampage and set your own factory on fire and the needle will not budge.

It's all pretend bullshit with no more basis in reality than if people got to be assigned their place in class and society by their high score in Candy Crush

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Fundamentals don't mean anything anymore

Remember in Office Space when they were carefully projecting exactly how much of an impact a specific action toward the bottom line would have on the stock price? Firing Michael Bolton would make Lumbergh's stock go up "a quarter of a point"?

Now you can have a giant rocket blow up and your stock will double, or you can announce record-shattering earnings and your stock will plummet, or you can go on a murderous rampage and set your own factory on fire and the needle will not budge.

Shareholder capitalism’s in good shape.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Halisnacks posted:

Tesla's value is inflated to 100x what it should be and Elon owns most of that stock

Basically every "richest man in the world" is being calculated because they own X% of some gigantic company that has a huge stonk price. Elon just happens to be the largest shareholder in the most popular meme stonk.

A longer story of How Elon Is Rich:
- Born rich, comes to America with lots of daddy's money
- Founds Zip2 with his brother, the only thing he actually created. This site is "Yellow pages, on internet". Elon sells this brilliant innovation for $80M to Compaq (the computer company) during the dotcom boom.
- Starts X.com which is going to be Bank On Internet. Merges with Cofinity before they have a working product, becomes the CEO of the new company. Cofinity changes name to Paypal. Paypal board fires Elon for incompetence (he wanted to move all their servers to Windows NT and give out credit cards to everyone with no credit checks) but because he's a CEO he gets a huge golden parachute including ownership of large chunk of PayPal
- PayPal gets bought by eBay, Elon owning 11% of the company gets $175M
- Elon takes his bag of cash, and meets the founders of Tesla, who already had a car, a business plan, and designs for the Model S.
- Elon agrees to fund their early round if they give him the title of "Founder"
- Fires the original founders and sues in court to have them erased from history
- Tesla Meme Stonks To The Moon

the only thing Elon has ever actually created was putting the yellow pages on the internet. Richest man in the world. He's rich because meritocracy is a myth

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

kazil posted:

the pale

Saw a youtube video where they cleared up this kind of beach problem with some dynamite

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Escape Goat posted:

Saw a youtube video where they cleared up this kind of beach problem with some dynamite

No, please don’t, that’s how you turn the beach problem into a town problem.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
You forgot where he stole the first production tesla convertible from the founder then launched it into the asteroid belt to the tune of Starman

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1659382755946274816?cxt=HHwWgICxqeT0p4cuAAAA

Musk idiocy aside, the more I look at this diagram the more I hate it.

Wait...

Okay this is from a few pages back now, but didn't Mush already post something like this? I could swear that I remember him posting a venn diagram of dystopias earlier this year.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lmao at the loving hunger games being included

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

the only way that ven diagram makes any sense is if you assume it's not to scale and these are just all the reasons we need to stay where we are and not change things because if we change anything we are headed to these scary futures.

Do not try and compare and contrast anything else in there.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'm not sure I get this venn diagram at all.

Like hunger games and mad max? Intersecting? Why?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm not sure I get this venn diagram at all.

Like hunger games and mad max? Intersecting? Why?

The person who made it is incredibly stupid, that's about all there is to it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It all makes perfect sense. If you take a feral, post apocalyptic world like Mad Max and a fascist world where books are burned like Farenheit 451 and combine them you get a world where overpopulation has lead to cannibalism. How do you not see this?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

It's literally just "We're in a dystopia x4!" with random dystopias written into each section.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

picture the venn diagram as 1 big circle that says "I have no media literacy whatsoever" and it makes a lot more sense.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

IM RISH BISSSSHHHHH

I find this to be extremely unlikely

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

MunchE posted:

Tesla's value is inflated to 100x what it should be and Elon owns most of that stock

Basically every "richest man in the world" is being calculated because they own X% of some gigantic company that has a huge stonk price. Elon just happens to be the largest shareholder in the most popular meme stonk.

A longer story of How Elon Is Rich:
- Born rich, comes to America with lots of daddy's money
- Founds Zip2 with his brother, the only thing he actually created. This site is "Yellow pages, on internet". Elon sells this brilliant innovation for $80M to Compaq (the computer company) during the dotcom boom.
- Starts X.com which is going to be Bank On Internet. Merges with Cofinity before they have a working product, becomes the CEO of the new company. Cofinity changes name to Paypal. Paypal board fires Elon for incompetence (he wanted to move all their servers to Windows NT and give out credit cards to everyone with no credit checks) but because he's a CEO he gets a huge golden parachute including ownership of large chunk of PayPal
- PayPal gets bought by eBay, Elon owning 11% of the company gets $175M
- Elon takes his bag of cash, and meets the founders of Tesla, who already had a car, a business plan, and designs for the Model S.
- Elon agrees to fund their early round if they give him the title of "Founder"
- Fires the original founders and sues in court to have them erased from history
- Tesla Meme Stonks To The Moon

the only thing Elon has ever actually created was putting the yellow pages on the internet. Richest man in the world. He's rich because meritocracy is a myth

I wish this passage could be at the start of every article anyone writes about Musk going forward.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Amy's meal I just ate... Is made of people!!!! All the books are burned and the highway I drive on is full of bandits. Also, it's all a simulation also everyone is too stupid to realize it. And we are stuck on a desert island as children

Yeah

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's just a list they took from wikipedia arranged in a very boring spirograph pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

goatface posted:

It's just a list they took from wikipedia arranged in a very boring spirograph pattern.

They made it with openGPT