Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sat for a while reading strips, trying to really hone in on what I think Ray's voice sounds like

And then it finally came to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H4mM6lO_nU

The Crafsman. But a bit less relaxed and a little louder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Ray's voice, she ees...

...la grande illusion.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

According to medical dramas [citation needed] his voice is sterile, but it is not considered a sanitizing agent. It can also aid in but not cure jellyfish stings [[untrue?]].

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ray's voice is only sterile because his bozack is flayed.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Safety Dance posted:

Ray's voice is only sterile because his bozack is flayed.

How did it feel when he picked out two caskets / one for each nut that they plucked from his basket

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Ray sounds like Fred Durst

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)
I've always thought that Ray sounds like me. Beef also sounds like me but quieter and less confident. Pat sounds like me too. In fact I think there may be a pattern forming here.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I think Nice Pete sounds like you.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

I think Nice Pete sounds like you.

Heyo! That answer could use a little work!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Todd thinks he sounds like Joe Pesci.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ray sounds like Frylock and Todd sounds like Meatwad. I dunno who sounds like Master Shake, probably MC Pot-a-Holic.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Dunny posted:

I've always thought that Ray sounds like me. Beef also sounds like me but quieter and less confident. Pat sounds like me too. In fact I think there may be a pattern forming here.

yup. been noticing this about all characters in print media lately.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Pentaro posted:

Ray sounds like Frylock and Todd sounds like Meatwad. I dunno who sounds like Master Shake, probably MC Pot-a-Holic.

I could see Lyle sounding like Carl, and Roast Beef is a good match to Emory.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pentaro posted:

Todd most certainly does not sound like Meatwad, wtf

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Todd definitely has one of those pitched up small cartoon animal voices like Alvin & The Chipmunks or Foamy The Squirrel

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

drrockso20 posted:

Todd definitely has one of those pitched up small cartoon animal voices like Alvin & The Chipmunks or Foamy The Squirrel

He and Blister both do, but the non-dirtbag squirrel population (the women reviewing Sensitive Todd on Yelp, Ricky Nihoha from the van meeting) have regularly-pitched voices

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
To me, Todd sounds exactly like Ziggy Sobotka

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Todd sounds like the Gimme The Cash guy from the Fifth Element, only squeakier. Mr. Bear sounds like Kelsey Grammar, Molly sounds like Joanna Page.

Skulker fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 17, 2023

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

theironjef posted:

I could see Lyle sounding like Carl, and Roast Beef is a good match to Emory.

I thought Lyle sounded like Sam Kinison.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Also, my brain always imparts some element of Gilbert Gottfried to Todd.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

RocketMermaid posted:

Also, my brain always imparts some element of Gilbert Gottfried to Todd.

I hate how clearly and immediately I could hear that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Javid posted:

To me, Todd sounds exactly like Ziggy Sobotka

I'm not going to be able to read Achewood the same way ever again.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I hear Todd as a sped-up Bobcat Goldthwait from Brooklyn

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Todd is kind of like a small Diceman it seems

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Todd sounds like Tweak from South Park

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Larry Cum Free posted:

Todd sounds like Tweak from South Park

Yeah, this is it

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
:siren: NEW STRIP :siren: i think this was how it was in the day

I think I liked the original version of this particular strip better but it is good to get Lyle's opinion on Things.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Deathlove posted:

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren: i think this was how it was in the day

I think I liked the original version of this particular strip better but it is good to get Lyle's opinion on Things.

Onstad's still getting the voices balanced again, you can tell. A few too many words here, a zinger that's just short of pithy there.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I gotta say, I agree with Teodor here. I get high rarely enough that I want to know I'm going to enjoy it before I make it my whole evening.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

I gotta say, I agree with Teodor here. I get high rarely enough that I want to know I'm going to enjoy it before I make it my whole evening.

Yeah I haven't gotten high in years because I just kept getting anxious and irritable, the opposite of how I want to feel. Even with legal weed, I don't want to gently caress around with finding the 'right strain' or whatever, because that's my whole drat day and I have so little leisure time.

...Getting older sucks rear end is what I'm saying

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
LMFAO @ "tiptoe trips"

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
god drat do i love that achewood is back

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Okay, "Soviet veterinary solvent" sold me. Achewood is Back.

(I wonder if it comes from the same Soviet carpet salesman Lyle got his glasses from.)

And yeah, Lyle is like... a few percent short of getting that bubble right in the middle, but it still works for this strip.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I am Teodor in this strip and Lyle is owning my rear end.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
I sent this to the group chat with “Inside of you are two wolves, but very personally you, bloody ghost titty”

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Teodor is right that it is good kids are not smoking dirt out of pepsi cans or contributing to a new dajoose.txt but my heart wants to side with Lyle so badly

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

My first time getting high was definitely out of the wooden tip of a swisher jammed in a hole in the side of a Mountain Dew can, in the woods

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Maduo posted:

Teodor is right that it is good kids are not smoking dirt out of pepsi cans or contributing to a new dajoose.txt but my heart wants to side with Lyle so badly

It's a bit of a false dichotomy, they just represent stupid extremes. I buy my weed in a store, but it's just resin catridges for a vape pen, nothing elderflower or whatever to it. But also I'm a goddamn adult who has eaten at breakfast restaurants at breakfast time, I don't even know how to buy dodgy street shake anymore. The two require a reasonable middle ground person, obviously this comic wants for Ray.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Ray gets pure afgani hashish from the same guy that hooks him up with the fresh monkeys for a cilantro-ape ceviche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Picture a perfect Swiss man sitting in his cubic black leather armchair, the crisp click of his lighter as he flames an unforgivingly precise jay