Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Even on the cruise ship I had to set some time aside to play some zeldas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Inzombiac posted:

This has been me, especially when fighting a Talus.

Just jump into their taint!

Oh, my, god...

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

now ur playing with power proctology rocktology.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

Who says that about the Galaxies?. It's a glorified level pack to the point I know plenty of people who prefer 1 for the framing and hub stuff that 2 streamlined away.

Not to mention that Galaxy 2 sold maybe half of what Galaxy 1 did. And Nintendo managed to annoy people across Europe, Japan and Australia by shipping it with an instructional DVD as though they were being called too stupid to figure out how to play it on their own.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they were too stupid

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Fishing sucks rear end gently caress fishing I’m glad I haven’t got to fish for poo poo

Murdstone posted:

I never enjoyed fishing and I’m glad it’s not in the new game.

hmmm ban

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
gently caress, I'm trying to finish up BoTW before going into the sequel, and I keep putting myself into stupid situations.

Just now I've fought my way to the center of some sort of spiral peninsula to see what all those enemies were guarding, and what do I see just after I kill the last of the fuckers?

A blood, red moon slowly rising just behind Link's shoulders. :shepface:

Welp, time to kill them all again

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I've had this game for a week and haven't played it. Best Buy just never bothered to ship my poster, which ngl makes me feel pretty crappy. Besides I have poo poo to do and can't devote proper time.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Alright. So anyone run into this issue? Been playing, zero issues, switch has been docked, but started up the switch and the screen looks like this. Not the TV. The actual switch screen looks fine. Only happens when docked. I’ve swapped out HDMI cables and ports on the TV. Has old age finally caught up to my switch or my dock?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's a ghost in that photo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Saxophone posted:

Alright. So anyone run into this issue? Been playing, zero issues, switch has been docked, but started up the switch and the screen looks like this. Not the TV. The actual switch screen looks fine. Only happens when docked. I’ve swapped out HDMI cables and ports on the TV. Has old age finally caught up to my switch or my dock?

i'd place money on the dock if you've tried swapping ports and cables, mostly because it's the cheaper than trying to replace the switch or this is just the universe telling you to upgrade to an OLED

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Saxophone posted:

I've had a screen where only green is displayed after turning on my switch once, and restarting it fixed the problem, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also had the same issue on my Mac Mini once, and my Xbox 360 once or twice. I've always attributed it to a glitch with hdmi or a gpu error, as restarting always fixed it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Props to the hardcore climbing challenge. I'm map-off and limited teleport and I'm trying to restrain my climbing habits from last game (which were like you described, but now there's cool ground stuff I don't wanna miss).

I did climb one of the very tall trees (taller than the ones that have flat leaves) in the dark and managed to glide to a midway tall-thing also in the dark because of the way it blocked distant light. But I finished up my quest and decided to teleport out because I want it to be nighttime in real life before I go back down there. For better vibes.

I also just discovered TotK's version of Cryonis because some Bokoblins were tryin' to do it to me. It made me glad.

Climbing is also usually the worst way up and over something. You just have so many better tools for verticality.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Climbing is also usually the worst way up and over something. You just have so many better tools for verticality.

Yeah, this is something i've had to retrain myself about, you have like 20 different ways to go vertical and climbing is usually the most time consuming and dangerous way to do it.

I climbed up the side of one mountain to get to a tower and was trying to avoid ice the entire way because i didn't have the gear for it and as soon as I got to the top I was like why didn't i ride that falling brick I saw like 10 minutes ago up to the sky and then glide down?

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 20, 2023

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Saxophone posted:

Is it possible that the TV is switching its display settings per device? Looks like the brightness is set extremely low

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

pwn posted:

I've had this game for a week and haven't played it. Best Buy just never bothered to ship my poster, which ngl makes me feel pretty crappy. Besides I have poo poo to do and can't devote proper time.

:same: I ran around like an idiot last monday and got a copy, but still haven't had the time to devote to playing it. Maybe today will be the day?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Khanstant posted:

You say this, yet I was routinely hitting the ceiling in the depths thanks to them tall, thorny trees.

That place is a hoot to traverse in the dark.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you're having fun then who cares, but climbing is also my last resort for reaching depth ceiling.

Laziest one is I copied a hot air balloon with one of those rebuilt candles from a shrine and it always reaches curling eventually lol, just slower than a fire breathing hot air balloon.

I've smacked my head on the ceiling a few times from spring stacks, thinking it was higher than it was lol.

In any case I broke up with climbing mostly when early on I spent a bunch of my food to keep scaling this dark wall I thought was just about to end and I'd get to the top and there'd be rainbows and candy land(also the depths textures didn't load yet so it was incisible floors and walls). But actually it was one of many walls that go from floor to ceiling and I was never gonna reach the stuff I thought I was climbing towards.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Been playing this fairly solidly for a week at any opportunity I can, must be somewhere around the 20 hour mark now, and I’ve just reached my first dungeon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Cleared out the pirates in the coastal village last night and burned through all my drat bows in the process. I'm thinking of heading back into Hyrule castle to grab some replacements because it's fairly quick to kill a couple of black lizards with the 36atk bows. Plus it means more high end parts for making strong melee weapons.

Royal bows are nice but goddamn the game is not kidding around when it says an item has low durability. Also picked up the Hylian shield yesterday and yeah I'm going to guess this thing is just straight up indestructible and that there's no reason to use anything else for defense so Imy other shield slots are just zonai shields for more efficient flamethrowers and whatnot. The cart I stuck to the Hylian shield seems to last forever too?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Evil Fluffy posted:

Cleared out the pirates in the coastal village last night and burned through all my drat bows in the process. I'm thinking of heading back into Hyrule castle to grab some replacements because it's fairly quick to kill a couple of black lizards with the 36atk bows. Plus it means more high end parts for making strong melee weapons.

Royal bows are nice but goddamn the game is not kidding around when it says an item has low durability. Also picked up the Hylian shield yesterday and yeah I'm going to guess this thing is just straight up indestructible and that there's no reason to use anything else for defense so Imy other shield slots are just zonai shields for more efficient flamethrowers and whatnot. The cart I stuck to the Hylian shield seems to last forever too?

If it's like BotW it has the best durability of any shield by far, like 40 times an endgame's shield but it will eventually break. Just like, in the far far future.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The patch fixed the easy item dupe glitch. :mad:

Edit: Aparently not? Some people say it isn't fixed, but I can't get items to dupe at all. :|

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 20, 2023

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Bumhead posted:

Been playing this fairly solidly for a week at any opportunity I can, must be somewhere around the 20 hour mark now, and I’ve just reached my first dungeon.

Same-ish but I haven't entered a dungeon. I've gotten a few main plot hooks and nope'd away. I wanna finish a Overworld World Tour first, then I'll decide how I go about things... which, if I have enough hearts and can upgrade my armor once or twice, might mean unlocking the Depths map fully, before doing anything else. Finally got the chance to cash in some of the Shrine gifts and I think I'm 8 more Light orbs away from having max stamina. Still at 4 hearts though.

Don't want to buy Flame Resistant armor for 700 rupees which is nearly all my cash. Is there a way to get it cheaper? Yes or no will do. Hoping it won't be the same for other regional armors.

Khanstant posted:

If you're having fun then who cares, but climbing is also my last resort for reaching depth ceiling.

It's crazy how fun climbing is. I don't actually climb, though I've been tempted to try, but I imagine it's the same thrill of moving methodically, even strategically up a cliff. Like if I go here will I be able to make it to the next ledge? All coupled with the same environment of a video game. There's something very pleasing about it.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Turns out my TV has a specific display mode it defaulted itself out of (it’s never done this before) and when I switched it to ‘movie’ mode it works perfectly fine.

Hell if I know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does it have a game mode

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to turn on the OLED using the controller so I don't have to get my heft off the couch???? there doesn't seem to be which is a fail compared to xbox.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Is there a way to turn on the OLED using the controller so I don't have to get my heft off the couch???? there doesn't seem to be which is a fail compared to xbox.

The switch? Hold down the home button

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

man nurse posted:

The switch? Hold down the home button

Thank you very much OP!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Got Kirby and forgotten land from the library. drat it rules. Playing star allies first was the right move since I understand the mechanics a little bit better now

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Hopefully ok to ask this here, but I couldn't find a general "Nintendo" thread anywhere. What is going on with the Nintendo system economy and is everything really expensive or are those just people trying to trick unsuspecting buyers? Someone in our area posted a trade for old game systems (not just nintendo) for their OLED Zelda Switch. I keep all my old systems so I figured I'd check it out. I have the Windwaker Wii U, and the MH4/Smash Brothers 3dsxl/new3dsxl, so I went online trying to see what I should offer, except people are listing them for $$450-$500 for used/"refurbished" models of these. There's no way these are actual prices, and not potential scammers? I'm not looking to sell mine/make money or anything, I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off either, but I can't figure out how to price anymore...

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Khanstant posted:

In any case I broke up with climbing mostly when early on I spent a bunch of my food to keep scaling this dark wall I thought was just about to end and I'd get to the top and there'd be rainbows and candy land(also the depths textures didn't load yet so it was incisible floors and walls). But actually it was one of many walls that go from floor to ceiling and I was never gonna reach the stuff I thought I was climbing towards.

Funny that there's a note you find that essentially says that they tried the same thing you did and found out the same thing, saying it wasn't worth it to try.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Same-ish but I haven't entered a dungeon. I've gotten a few main plot hooks and nope'd away. I wanna finish a Overworld World Tour first, then I'll decide how I go about things... which, if I have enough hearts and can upgrade my armor once or twice, might mean unlocking the Depths map fully, before doing anything else. Finally got the chance to cash in some of the Shrine gifts and I think I'm 8 more Light orbs away from having max stamina. Still at 4 hearts though.

Don't want to buy Flame Resistant armor for 700 rupees which is nearly all my cash. Is there a way to get it cheaper? Yes or no will do. Hoping it won't be the same for other regional armors.

How have you been exploring the whole map and not have 700 rupees? Honest question

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PageMaster posted:

Hopefully ok to ask this here, but I couldn't find a general "Nintendo" thread anywhere. What is going on with the Nintendo system economy and is everything really expensive or are those just people trying to trick unsuspecting buyers? Someone in our area posted a trade for old game systems (not just nintendo) for their OLED Zelda Switch. I keep all my old systems so I figured I'd check it out. I have the Windwaker Wii U, and the MH4/Smash Brothers 3dsxl/new3dsxl, so I went online trying to see what I should offer, except people are listing them for $$450-$500 for used/"refurbished" models of these. There's no way these are actual prices, and not potential scammers? I'm not looking to sell mine/make money or anything, I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off either, but I can't figure out how to price anymore...

Nintendo hardware holds its value really really well.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

That being said, one can grab the windwaker wii u for under $200 https://www.ebay.com/p/171444296?iid=155507899072&thm=5000 as seen here.
People online will charge whatever they can get. That being said, my kids are going to make a fortune selling off my collection when i die.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Barreft posted:

How have you been exploring the whole map and not have 700 rupees? Honest question

I do. It’s nearly all my cash. I’ve got 900+. Also I only just finished the central areas and the north. I need to do the west and finish in the east via the south.

I probably could’ve sold some stuff to buy it but I.m hoarding till I know what I need for armor upgrades.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I ebayed my Wii U after the switch launched and it covered what I’d paid for a switch in full.

poo poo’s crazy.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I do. It’s nearly all my cash. I’ve got 900+. Also I only just finished the central areas and the north. I need to do the west and finish in the east via the south.

I probably could’ve sold some stuff to buy it but I.m hoarding till I know what I need for armor upgrades.

Oh okay lol. I was gonna say

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's because for some reason nintendo fans collect systems in a way that xbox/playstation people don't

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

that's because for some reason nintendo fans collect systems in a way that xbox/playstation people don't

That's because Nintendo has good games :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re made out of Nintendium, a rare and precious resource no other platform holder has been able to replicate