Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I've done 3 Phenomena so far, Rito, Gerudo and Zora. I feel like the last one was a let down, slightly perhaps by my own fault but even so.

Okay so Tulin is adorable and my friend and the desolate slow rendetion of the Rito Village theme and blizzard atmosphere was something I drank in like I was dying of thirst and I adored the sky climb up to ark. A+ time.

Gerudo Town under the sand shroud and mummy bug siege, with a pyramid raid? Loved it. Riju is cool and a terrifying thunder god with poor accuracy.

Zora Domain has been pooped on. It rains from on high, I have to bumble around the poo water hunting for Sidon, an old guy and then his dad. When I finally get on the way to the dungeon with my good friend, he says lets split up and does so. It's a low gravity zone about using bubbles or something(?) but it didn't matter because this is a low gravity zone and I'd already found the gumball machine that gives you spring boards so I leap right up to the top of the falling poo stream in about 2 launchs to where the dungeon is. It is simply navigated and the boss, who constantly does poo and gleefully wallows in it, is casually defeated by tactical use of swiffer equipped roomba's. Whole thing took 15 minutes. I receive the same story about the imprisoning war from somebody with no new perspective on it, I zone out wondering where the hell this Elephant association the Zora have going on is coming from. Sidon is crowned and married, forever denying my years of loving slash fic.

I go now to the Death Mountain, in search of spiritual renewal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

Right on. Does the Flux Construct core do anything on a shield though? I wonder if anybody's tried that.
And does say fusing two shields together do anything?

I killed the big block monster on the tutorial island and didn't know what I was doing so I accidentally fused the core to my lovely shield. It just became a spinning spike stick glued parallel to the shield, I didn't notice anything major but I didn't know what to be looking for. I have also glued a sheikah shield to another shield, I think it upped the defense but didn't notice if it lasted any longer.

Speaking of, what is the point of gluing a hover platform to a shield? I thought it might let me hoverboard but it just uses up energy and makes me faceplant. :ignorance:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there a good zonai blueprint for mining? I imagine something with the cannon? I’m hitting the mines and burning through my bombs clearing the big ore deposits.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Dareon posted:

You can drop a weapon by a Rock Octoroc to get it repaired. Once per octoroc (per blood moon), same principle as cleaning rusty gear in BOTW (And maybe they still clean rusty stuff too?).

When you say repaired, do you just mean restore the durability or full on fix the decay and make it Pristine

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Caidin posted:

I've done 3 Phenomena so far, Rito, Gerudo and Zora. I feel like the last one was a let down, slightly perhaps by my own fault but even so.

Okay so Tulin is adorable and my friend and the desolate slow rendetion of the Rito Village theme and blizzard atmosphere was something I drank in like I was dying of thirst and I adored the sky climb up to ark. A+ time.

Gerudo Town under the sand shroud and mummy bug siege, with a pyramid raid? Loved it. Riju is cool and a terrifying thunder god with poor accuracy.

Zora Domain has been pooped on. It rains from on high, I have to bumble around the poo water hunting for Sidon, an old guy and then his dad. When I finally get on the way to the dungeon with my good friend, he says lets split up and does so. It's a low gravity zone about using bubbles or something(?) but it didn't matter because this is a low gravity zone and I'd already found the gumball machine that gives you spring boards so I leap right up to the top of the falling poo stream in about 2 launchs to where the dungeon is. It is simply navigated and the boss, who constantly does poo and gleefully wallows in it, is casually defeated by tactical use of swiffer equipped roomba's. Whole thing took 15 minutes. I receive the same story about the imprisoning war from somebody with no new perspective on it, I zone out wondering where the hell this Elephant association the Zora have going on is coming from. Sidon is crowned and married, forever denying my years of loving slash fic.

I go now to the Death Mountain, in search of spiritual renewal.

The most levelheaded trip report on the Hyrulean exclusion zones so far.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I will say Goron city minor spoiler it is an absolute travesty that we lose Yunobo's cool new outfit so quickly. It ruled

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

The thing is, not really, at least not the Hudson planks. They'll float, but they don't provide much buoyancy, so it won't keep up the carriage seating for the fairy quests or say, monster truck wheels to make a paddleboat.

I attached two of the large Hudson planks together, one on top of the other, and it was buoyant enough for the carriage. I haven't tried to make a paddleboat, so I don't know about that, though.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

When you say repaired, do you just mean restore the durability or full on fix the decay and make it Pristine

It will restore durability, and give it a new boost ability (damage, durability, etc.). I haven't tried a non-Fused weapon, so I don't know about decay, though.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Anyone buy some Amibo cards? I had some for Animal Crossing that were great, but some of these look sketch AF with zero reviews.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh yeah, on terma of hearts, it's actually 20 hearts per line now (source: just reached 21 hearts). So even with the extra 30 shrines you rpobably need hearty food to max out your count.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there a good zonai blueprint for mining? I imagine something with the cannon? I’m hitting the mines and burning through my bombs clearing the big ore deposits.

There is one that's exactly what you're looking for, but I can't remember where I found it. Maybe under Tarrey town?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Update: I finally got poop but it's underwhelming poop (one Ruby and four Flint) so any advanced poop strats would be appreciated,

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I liked BotW a lot but I'm running around central Hyrule and it just feels like 28 fps kerbal space program

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Whats the new patch do?

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Zore posted:

I will say Goron city minor spoiler it is an absolute travesty that we lose Yunobo's cool new outfit so quickly. It ruled

No kidding, when I first started running into hints about Goron City's situation I hoped that it meant the reason Yunobo was so conspicuously absent from the last trailer was because he had a punk makeover and would stay that way even after I fixed everything. At least his profile briefly had artwork for his cooler design

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully doesn't fix the duplicate bugs. :P

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
The patch broke my Dream Home. Game thinks I don't have it yet and wants me to buy it all again even though I have a dozen modules. Oh well guess it's staying as it is until it's fixed.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully doesn't fix the duplicate bugs. :P

Kotaku said it didn't

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

queeb posted:

i believe once you get all your batteries you can get something that lets you go through them twice?

Once you get all your batteries on your belt you can... just keep upgrading the batteries and they will get a 2nd blue energy bar.

I think a lot of people in the thread just never bothered to check if they could go beyond that.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I love that I learned you can ride the dragons around. I just took a little tour on Farosh and got some parts off it, it passes super close to one of the towers near Gerudo and you can just drop down onto it. The cycle regens while you're standing on top of it -- in my case it was sometime after midnight then again around 4 pm I think -- so I managed three pieces before i got bored and hopped off.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Got the froggy set. gently caress yeah. Froggies

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Like brb gonna go ribbit and boing

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I just upgraded my battery for the first time and man, and realized it's for a sliver of a battery not the whole thing. This is going to a be pain in the rear end isn't it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thundercracker posted:

I just upgraded my battery for the first time and man, and realized it's for a sliver of a battery not the whole thing. This is going to a be pain in the rear end isn't it.

Dedicate some time to spelunking and just hit the depths for a few hours. There's A FUCKLOAD of zonaite in mines (areas marked mines on the map) in addition to said mines having energy crystal chest rewards. Also all the Yiga camps have energy crystal rewards. I went on a deep run today at lunch (with the 2 fan hoverbike) and ended with over 500 crystals after I bought out a furnace in addition to the crystals I found.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Decided to fight a silver lynel. Glued a silver lynel horn I got as a reward to my best base. Turned out he was wearing stone armor :negative:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bombs are too precious for that poo poo. Grab a stick and attach a rock to it, repeat as needed.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Built my dream home! Limited to 15 units, so unfortunately I have to decide between having a complete roof or a garden and pond.

It even has an art gallery!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

CapnAndy posted:

Bombs are too precious for that poo poo. Grab a stick and attach a rock to it, repeat as needed.

There's also the Fire Sage ability which takes a few seconds to recharge but can clear rocks for free.

I managed to solve my issue with the cave, I think the NPC was referring to one a bit beyond the fort, where the Evil Eye Shrine was in BotW. it had the Barbarian Helmet so I guess that was that.

I also went looking for the Horse God and eneded up where the Sheikah Tower of Akkala was in BotW, which was a good haul since I found a shrine, Phantom Ganon that dropped a Gloom Spear (so there's more Gloom weapons!) and the freaking Fierce Deity chestpiece! A nice surprise albeit worriesome cause there was no clue in the surroundings about a cloth clave, I guess the Ruppe rabbit was the hint? Is there a quest guiding to more or do I have to explore carefully?

By the way, really cool that not only the Horse God can buff horse stats but it uses cooking for it which give a reason to cook stuff beyond 5 of the same buff or the best healing recipe.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Followed the Sword Holder statues in the Depths a while more, ended up at the Abandoned Gerudo Mine and couldn't find any more of them. Does the trail keep going? (I did find a bunch of other cool poo poo on the area though).

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

seriously explore the depths. Once you find 2-3 mine locations you can reasonably farm "large zonanite" drops that only take 15 for a charge gain. Running between them every few hours or when they respawn (blood moon? or the 1% chance a minute when not in the memory chunk?) and you'll get nearly a fully battery each time.

Tokelau All Star posted:

Followed the Sword Holder statues in the Depths a while more, ended up at the Abandoned Gerudo Mine and couldn't find any more of them. Does the trail keep going? (I did find a bunch of other cool poo poo on the area though).

Talk to any constructs at the mines, they might give you the map location for the central mine.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/hideyopo/status/1659214736398102530?s=20

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Where's the best place to get gold apples? besides the Lost Woods place

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

No dong 0/10

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Steve Yun posted:

Built my dream home! Limited to 15 units, so unfortunately I have to decide between having a complete roof or a garden and pond.

It even has an art gallery!

Superb. Was absolutely hoping for some GMod Roleplay Map shenanigans to emerge.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

pentyne posted:

Talk to any constructs at the mines, they might give you the map location for the central mine.

I already kept following the statue trail past the Central Mine, swept past the South Lomei Labyrinth, and ended up at the Abandoned Gerudo Mine. I'm wondering if there are more statues to follow after this.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Are there dudes at the mines? I found a mine or two but each time I'd just blow up all the zoanite deposits and leave, I didn't see anyone.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Barreft posted:

Where's the best place to get gold apples? besides the Lost Woods place

Steve Yun posted:

Somebody dropped an Apple farming site

I dunno if it’s the same one but

-1978, -0357, 0224

Tons of golden ones too

There’s a shrine next to this grove, I forgot the name. It’s near where the magic horse was in BOTW

Apple farming tip: hitting a tree 15 times will get all apples to fall. Spear/pole type weapons are fastest for this. Luckily there are farming tools there that fit the bill

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 19, 2023

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

CapnAndy posted:

Are there dudes at the mines? I found a mine or two but each time I'd just blow up all the zoanite deposits and leave, I didn't see anyone.

only the major mines aka, under the major cities, there's a lot of smaller ones that are just a chest and rocks

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

Nevermind about my statues question, I fought Kohga and the game answered it for me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Update: I finally got poop but it's underwhelming poop (one Ruby and four Flint) so any advanced poop strats would be appreciated,

I fed em each 5 luminous stones, and then 5 again at night when they were glowing and I rested at campfire and got like 2-3 random gems from each. Haven't gone back bc don't need gems and I wasn't sure if I needed to feed em at day or night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I love this game but it feels like they downgraded a bunch of stuff to shove Ultrahand in.

No elemental arrows, no infinite bombs, no Revali's Gale (I know about pinecones but it is a pain to have to pull 3 items out of inventory then start the fire just to go up, before it was just a button push)