Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Pinecones lmao. It's called rocket shield, or bomb jump, or spring launcher.

And my dude, I have not fired off an arrow that wasn't elemental or magic in some way on over 100 hours. You get at least 5-6 elemental arrows options for each element, plus other special effects like making enemies fight themselves. You also have homing arrows, and sniper arrows and elemental sniper arrows. Not to mention on demand bomb arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
You can craft elemental arrows in combat by attaching fire/ice/water/electric fruit (or similar monster parts) to your arrows.

I will agree that it's a fair bit worse in combat to have to attach an addon to every arrow you fire, but it's a little bit of swings and roundabouts for more options in that area.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
No infinite bombs is a bit of a come-down but c'mon, you absolutely have elemental arrows. They are your arrows. Every arrow in your quiver is a protean "what do you need me to be?" form-shifting arrow. It's an objectively monumental upgrade.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
You don't even need the arrows, if you don't want. Just chuck the thing, it turns out naturally combusting fruit is just one of the many regional charms.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Barreft posted:

Where's the best place to get gold apples? besides the Lost Woods place

There's a large apple orchard north of Sartori Mountain, next to the shrine.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
i too miss running around in the rain in northern akkala to farm bomb arrows, incredible downgrade all around, 2/10 game

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

There’s a shrine next to this grove, I forgot the name. It’s near where the magic horse was in BOTW

Apple farming tip: hitting a tree 15 times will get all apples to fall. Spear/pole type weapons are fastest for this. Luckily there are farming tools there that fit the bill

Bruceski posted:

There's a large apple orchard north of Sartori Mountain, next to the shrine.

Thank you both

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i too miss running around in the rain in northern akkala to farm bomb arrows, incredible downgrade all around, 2/10 game

I'm so happy not having to deal with 5 different loving arrows and keeping them all stocked.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Now I'm running around in the depths to farm bomb flowers!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Natural 20 posted:

objective improvement because you can do it with a car that's sprouting spikes at every angle

or in a mech suit with cannon arms

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
between the two bomb pals I basically only use my big bomb stockpile as a treat to speedup bosses

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

between the two bomb pals I basically only use my big bomb stockpile as a treat to speedup bosses

three, you wouldn't think lightning works on rocks but apparently it does

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hahahahah oh man (depth / story dungeons spoilers) I had no idea you can find rematches of the temple bosses in the depths! That was loving awesome to fight the water temple boss again because this time I was fully loving ready for it’s bullshit. Oh you’re spilling oil and poo poo all over the place? Too loving bad meet my army of homing hydrant robots get loving owned, idiot. The reward for it wasn’t bad either!

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

No infinite bombs is a bit of a come-down but c'mon, you absolutely have elemental arrows. They are your arrows. Every arrow in your quiver is a protean "what do you need me to be?" form-shifting arrow. It's an objectively monumental upgrade.

Needing to pause the game in between every shot to select your arrow attachment is pretty rough on the flow of combat. Also it's a bit silly that they included every single material in the list of attachments. It's okay, game, I really didn't need to be able to shoot hearty truffles or hinox guts on the end of my arrows, you coulda left those out.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Triarii posted:

Needing to pause the game in between every shot to select your arrow attachment is pretty rough on the flow of combat. Also it's a bit silly that they included every single material in the list of attachments. It's okay, game, I really didn't need to be able to shoot hearty truffles or hinox guts on the end of my arrows, you coulda left those out.

Yeah, this is more what I'm talking about. It really breaks the flow of the game

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Oh I was wrong, they do omit some things like fish and bugs from the arrow attachment list. But you can shoot portable cooking pots!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can sort by “most used” which ends up being the stuff you actually want to attach.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You can sort by “most used” which ends up being the stuff you actually want to attach.

For me at least also means that I never experiment because I attach the stuff on the top of the list, which just stays at the top of the list because I'm using it most.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I do wish you could manually assign favorites, or even that it displayed a YxZ grid instead of a singular line.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

Buy them from Tarrey Town

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

hahahahah oh man (depth / story dungeons spoilers) I had no idea you can find rematches of the temple bosses in the depths! That was loving awesome to fight the water temple boss again because this time I was fully loving ready for it’s bullshit. Oh you’re spilling oil and poo poo all over the place? Too loving bad meet my army of homing hydrant robots get loving owned, idiot. The reward for it wasn’t bad either!

Yeah it's one of the best surprises

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm very early in the game, exploring central hyrule. Why are there so many boards and wheels? Am I gonna be needing wagons all the time soon?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

three, you wouldn't think lightning works on rocks but apparently it does

That's who I meant, does waterboy actually do anything versus rocks or anything at all anywhere lol I didn't even use it for the boss fight much, I had water fruit on me

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

ChocNitty posted:

I'm very early in the game, exploring central hyrule. Why are there so many boards and wheels? Am I gonna be needing wagons all the time soon?

They're just there to provide materials for people to use with Ultrahand, so you can mess around and make poo poo when the mood hits instead of having to go out of your way.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Triarii posted:

The annoying part is it seems to resort your pause menu inventory too. That or something is because I'll have it sorted by type like I like for cooking and everything, but it'll be in some whack configuration instead.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If your horse is hurt just meld an apple to an arrow and shoot it in the face, an apple melded to a spear let's you rapid heal them with a charged attack

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
How often are you guys even launching elemental arrow anyways? I typically just throw one out to start a fight with a surprise explosive barrel and just hack away (or send in the battlebots). The worst is shooting out glow bulbs but even then once your sort by: most used is filled up it's pretty quick

Also I just got the (late game after the four temples) fifth sage and holy poo poo this is loving amazing goty

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Upsidads posted:

If your horse is hurt just meld an apple to an arrow and shoot it in the face, an apple melded to a spear let's you rapid heal them with a charged attack

i'm not going to test this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the character shilling for Yona is a little much

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I just got Tulin as my partner for the Rito Village Phenomena quest, but I’m not exactly sure where to go from here?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SgtSteel91 posted:

So I just got Tulin as my partner for the Rito Village Phenomena quest, but I’m not exactly sure where to go from here?

Up

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Goddamn it I forgot I could use Ascend :negative:

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Any good places to go after getting done with two out of the four main quest objectives? I've already hit up the Great Plateau, so I'm looking for other fun encounters like that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Goddamn it I forgot I could use Ascend :negative:

Legend of Zelda: I forgot I could use Ascend

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

acumen posted:

How often are you guys even launching elemental arrow anyways? I typically just throw one out to start a fight with a surprise explosive barrel and just hack away (or send in the battlebots). The worst is shooting out glow bulbs but even then once your sort by: most used is filled up it's pretty quick

Also I just got the (late game after the four temples) fifth sage and holy poo poo this is loving amazing goty

I rarely fire plain arrows. If I'm bothering to whip out the bow and aim, might as well make it count. Mostly arrows are for pinging a weakspot. There are enemies weak enough to die in one shot but they also die in one whack or more importantly, to the attack turrets.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whirling posted:

Any good places to go after getting done with two out of the four main quest objectives? I've already hit up the Great Plateau, so I'm looking for other fun encounters like that.

Check the stables for rumors/points of interest. There’s a few fun side quests to be done there.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

the character shilling for Yona is a little much

How you impugn the sweet kindness of the thoughtful and compassionate Yona, who will sweetly and kindly forgive you.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Legend of Zelda: I forgot I could use Ascend

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They really should’ve made the walls of the Fire Temple unclimbable because it feels really easy to break with Ascend and climbing. I’m interested to see how glitchless speedrunners do it. Probably just with a billion rocket shields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Whirling posted:

Hunting down Kohgas.

Doing the 3 long spiraling sky islands.

Doing the 3 big cube labyrinths.

Lurelin Village.

Sky islands often hide a cool progression loot piece, sometimes semi hidden.