Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is there a good mod to play as a Ghoul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is there a good mod to play as a Ghoul?

Ghoulified is the most popular.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Chamale posted:

After downloading that make sure to grab the cleaned .esp file from here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65959

And this mod adds additional voice lines that reflect the player being a ghoul:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65176

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Chamale posted:

Thanks! I'll look into how to add it to Viva New Vegas. I'm a ttrpg fallout campaign and want to find a way to play my ghoul sniper in New Vegas.

Proletarian Mango posted:

After downloading that make sure to grab the cleaned .esp file from here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65959

And this mod adds additional voice lines that reflect the player being a ghoul:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65176

Using new voice actors or modifying old voices?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Thanks! I'll look into how to add it to Viva New Vegas. I'm a ttrpg fallout campaign and want to find a way to play my ghoul sniper in New Vegas.

Using new voice actors or modifying old voices?

Pretty sure it uses existing voices. The original mod adds new lines by chopping up and splicing together existing ones. I assume the add-on does the same. Tbh I haven't used this mod in a couple of years so I don't remember very well but I don't recall any weird new voice acting.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

finding something

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tree Reformat posted:

My mod loadout is unchanged from four years ago, but it's so terrifyingly large I don't want to update or change anything and risk the whole house of cards come crashing down.

Do people just reinstall the big ol texture packs every time they decided to replay a Bethesda game?

I generally have a no-texture-packs rule when modding old game, they never match the art style and generally stick out like a sore thumb.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

I generally have a no-texture-packs rule when modding old game, they never match the art style and generally stick out like a sore thumb.

I used to feel similarly, but some of the AI upscaled packs these days are very good. Morrowind, in particular, really benefits from them. And since they are just the original textures, you don't get any of the art style clashing which, yeah, was often really obvious.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Just a heads up, the Viva New Vegas guide has moved to a new URL https://vivanewvegas.moddinglinked.com/

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Looks like the link is dead?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gyshall posted:

Looks like the link is dead?

Not for me

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
3rd Person Movement Animations Overhaul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSrkQDGVEso

neat.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there a mod that makes Tab exit loot and crafting menus like it would in Skyrim? I'm sure I've had this functionality before but can't figure out what mod did it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sounds like something Stewie’s tweaks would add

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Rinkles posted:

Sounds like something Stewie’s tweaks would add

I'm running that already, so I'll take a stroll through the INI and see what I find. Thanks!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

I'm running that already, so I'll take a stroll through the INI and see what I find. Thanks!

I think it’s actually Vanilla UI+ that cleans up and adjusts a lot of hotkeys, try that if Stewie’s doesn’t have it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Scopes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7L-itMeZYU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/81060

Ambient Lighting Mod which adds light casting sources to lamps, screens and glowy bits on certain weapons.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
drat that looks good as gently caress.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Does anyone know if there’s a more modern version of Real Time Settler? I love the idea but it was last updated in 2011 and clunky as hell. You’d think there’d be more clones of it considering Bethesda liked it so much they ripped it off for fo4

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I think the problem is that if you want to build settlements, Fallout 4 already exists and has tons of mods to support settlement building. Sure, getting to do it in FNV would be a nice bonus, but with Fallout 4, I think most interested modders (and there are less every year) consider it a high effort / low reward project.

Adam Sessler From TV
Jun 14, 2001

Crispy Tasty!
Long shot here, but does anyone have a current link to Lombard Station? I lost my archive of it and the updated link from the original post doesn't work anymore.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Adam Sessler From TV posted:

Long shot here, but does anyone have a current link to Lombard Station? I lost my archive of it and the updated link from the original post doesn't work anymore.

I've got this "Lombard Station Final Release.fomod" right here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxeL_lUt4w0zkmHscKKdCIFDxabXqNFp/view?usp=sharing
If you're using Mod Organizer I assume you'd have to compress this into a .7z or something and then add it to your MO instance's download folder? It's been a while.

I've also got this "Lombard Station - 20ga fix.esp" that does... something. It's been a long time since I've played Lombard Station, maybe check it out in FNVEdit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CyMUvl9LCgyQvGMIETC1IlKA0WuNz42y/view?usp=sharing

e: did anyone ever make a fix for the situation where you get both the NCR flag and the Legion flag displaying at the same time, where the latter almost fully obscures the former?

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 7, 2023

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I think it eats the 20g shotgun shells when you auto sort the ammo without that esp.

Adam Sessler From TV
Jun 14, 2001

Crispy Tasty!

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've got this "Lombard Station Final Release.fomod" right here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxeL_lUt4w0zkmHscKKdCIFDxabXqNFp/view?usp=sharing
If you're using Mod Organizer I assume you'd have to compress this into a .7z or something and then add it to your MO instance's download folder? It's been a while.

I've also got this "Lombard Station - 20ga fix.esp" that does... something. It's been a long time since I've played Lombard Station, maybe check it out in FNVEdit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CyMUvl9LCgyQvGMIETC1IlKA0WuNz42y/view?usp=sharing

e: did anyone ever make a fix for the situation where you get both the NCR flag and the Legion flag displaying at the same time, where the latter almost fully obscures the former?

Wow! Thank you very much. I'm getting an "access denied" error on the links, though. Maybe a sharing issue?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Adam Sessler From TV posted:

Wow! Thank you very much. I'm getting an "access denied" error on the links, though. Maybe a sharing issue?

Sorry about that, I misinterpreted the Norwegian phrasing of the access conditions, it should be good now!

Adam Sessler From TV
Jun 14, 2001

Crispy Tasty!

ThaumPenguin posted:

Sorry about that, I misinterpreted the Norwegian phrasing of the access conditions, it should be good now!

You are the best. Thanks again.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
I followed Viva New Vegas and I’m finding that Push’s Tweaks make Survival crafting really annoying. It seems like every food recipe has an extra weird ingredient. I’m in Honest Hearts currently and I can’t find a single Buffalo gourd seed to cook up all this gecko meat.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Try the cracks on paved roads. That does sound annoying, though.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

moller posted:

I followed Viva New Vegas and I’m finding that Push’s Tweaks make Survival crafting really annoying. It seems like every food recipe has an extra weird ingredient. I’m in Honest Hearts currently and I can’t find a single Buffalo gourd seed to cook up all this gecko meat.

If you're not aware, the buffalo gourd plant is REALLY weird in game https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Buffalo_gourd_plant

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arivia posted:

If you're not aware, the buffalo gourd plant is REALLY weird in game https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Buffalo_gourd_plant

How so? That page doesn't really make it clear, to me

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I'm not sure if buffalo gourds grow in Zion, if you're looking for them there. I'm not sure they don't, to be clear, but I'm not sure they do.

Edit: I guess I should have clicked the wiki link because it says they do, so nevermind this.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It probably took me 5 playthroughs to realize that wasn't just weeds growing over the roads and that they were harvestable.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Grabbing the buffalo gourd seeds in Goodsprings is just something I always do automatically and I never even realized that people just skip them, to be honest. That said, I have 0 interest in using PushToWin's Tweaks for JSawyer Ultimate, I'm surprised VNV recommends them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

oh jay posted:

It probably took me 5 playthroughs to realize that wasn't just weeds growing over the roads and that they were harvestable.

Yeah, this is what I mean by really weird and why I linked the wiki page. Once you’ve noticed it it sticks but you walk over a ton of the plants for awhile.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I would've liked Lombard station more if it wasn't for that tunnel that the companion pathing doesn't really like to deal with. Otherwise it still remains my favourite homestead so far and I haven't really encountered a good replacement that isn't overwrought or over complicated in some fashion.

Also, Warlockracy's latest video might have given me the FNV bug again. But it's also been like a year since I last played so no idea how much has changed when it comes to modding during that time.

Here's my old modlist, after I stripped out some stuff like the someguy stuff and a couple of armor and weapon mods that perhaps didn't fit all that well.

code:
"JIP LN NVSE Plugin"
"JohnnyGuitar NVSE"
"kNVSE Animation Plugin"
"NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash"
"NVTF - New Vegas Tick Fix"
"NVTF Custom INI"
"FNV Mod Limit Fix"
"Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP"
"Unofficial Patch NVSE Plus"
"Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod"
"Weapon Mesh Improvement Mod ESP Replacer"
"lStewieAl's Tweaks"
"lStewieAl's Tweaks Custom INI"
"Faster Pip-Boy Animation"
"Asterra's Many Fixes"
"Wild Wasteland Checklist"
"UIO - User Interface Organizer"
"The Mod Configuration Menu"
"JIP Improved Recipe Menu"
"Simple DLC Delay"
"Clean Vanilla Hud"
"Vault Girl Mod NV"
"KeyBoy - UI Hotkeys Manager (M for Map)"
"New Vegas Redesigned 2 Revised"
"NV Compatibility Skeleton"
"Anniversary Anim Pack"
"Asurah Reanimation Pack"
"B42 Weapon Inertia"
"Improved LOD Noise Texture"
"Simple Interior Lighting Overhaul"
"POCO BUENO Texture Pack"
"Vanilla Loading Screens HD"
"Centered 3rd Person Camera"
"High Quality Keys Notes And Holotapes"
"Authentic Burned Man"
"Upscaled New Vegas Worldmaps"
"Follower Tweaks"
"Real Recoil"
"Real Recoil Custom INI"
"JVS - Just Vanilla Sprint"
"JWH - Just Weapon Hweel"
"JDC - Just Dynamic Crosshair"
"JHM - Just Hit Marker"
"JHI - Just Hit Indicator"
"No NPC Compass Ticks"
"New Vegas - Enhanced Camera"
"Universal Item Sorter"
"Universal Pip-Boy Customization"
"Pip-Boy 2500A 'Glowing Tubes Edition' - The Arm Mounted Pipboy 2500"
"SmoothLight - Pip-Boy light enhancer"
"JIP Selective-Fire"
"JIP Companions Command and Control"
"Recipes for Weapon Mods"
"Sexuality Perks Rewritten"
"Tuneable Radios"
"All Weapon Sounds Overhaul"
"Armed to the Teeth - Redux"
"Better Character Creation"
"Daughters of Ares"
"Vanilla Hair Retextured NV"
"Higher Female Protagonist Voice"
"Lombard Station"
"NCR Trooper Overhaul_beta"
"NCR Trooper Overhaul - Distributed"
"NCR Rearmed"
"New Vegas Uncut 3 - A Van Graff Scorned"
"New Vegas Uncut 5 - A Wilder Wasteland"
"New Vegas Uncut - Freeside Open"
"New Vegas Uncut 8 - Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas"
"New Vegas Uncut - Outside Bets"
"Simple Open Strip"
"Cyberware 2281"
"Merchants of the Wastes - Diverse Gear for Traveling Merchants"
"More Where That Came From x Mojave Music Radio Extended"
"Mysterious Broadcast - Old World Blues Radio Expansion Dreaming's Songs"
"New Vegas Radio Speakers"
"ACE - Ammunition and Crafting Expanded"
"Gtabs Improved Ammo Crafting"
"Energy Ammo Recipes Moved"
"Realtime Weapon Modding System"
"WWP N99 10mm Pistol Overhaul"
"HK G11 K2 - Kraut Space Magic"
"HK G11 kNVSE Set"
"Heckler und Koch - MP5 Complex"
"Sunglasses Collection NV"
"Nightskulker Gear"
"FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting"
I know a bunch needs updating by this point, but not sure what can be replaced by better things.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I would recommend checking out the Viva New Vegas modding guide, which provides a strong foundation, and likely contains newer implementations of some of your old mods. You'll also want to check out their Mods to Avoid section, particularly the one on Freeside Open (don't worry, there's an alternative).

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I used Viva for my return to the game like a year ago or two, and then I just sort of built stuff on top of that.
But I might give it a new look at and see what's changed. Felt like fishing for recommendations from people I trust know their stuff.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah I used Viva for my return to the game like a year ago or two, and then I just sort of built stuff on top of that.
But I might give it a new look at and see what's changed. Felt like fishing for recommendations from people I trust know their stuff.

For weapon anims, KNVSE and all the Hitman anim packs look real cool. You can also get PiP scopes with NVTS or B42 scopes.

B42 stuff in general is pretty sweet stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Here's an odd request: what mods would y'all recommend for someone who just wants to experience the story and world but doesn't want to engage with the combat at all (or at least as little as possible)?