Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

3 Natty Daddys….Never heard of them before but they were out of Steel Reserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Smoked split-breast with homemade cherry chipotle bbq sauce

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Two kinds of pasta, little garlic breads, Italian salad

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Wife’s out, dad time

New York strip w hasselback potato and IPA

Real star of the show?

20 year old cheddar cheese* between each potato slice

*i only used the 5 year old cheese or my wife would be sad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Last nightÿ I made spaghets with TJs vodka sauce and baked a couple chicken thighs.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

lamb and onion over couscous with steamed veg

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nexous posted:

Wife’s out, dad time

New York strip w hasselback potato and IPA

Real star of the show?

20 year old cheddar cheese* between each potato slice

*i only used the 5 year old cheese or my wife would be sad

We like the 7 best for snacking. Don’t think I’ve had beyond the 12 though

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
The 20 is an experience that I would recommend. It’s so full of cheddar that the particles decide to form little crystal unions that explodes in your mouth.

Some goon on here alerted me to the 20 year sale and I got it for my now wife who fuckin loves cheese. It was such a fun dumb gift that it’s near the very top

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

nexous posted:

The 20 is an experience that I would recommend. It’s so full of cheddar that the particles decide to form little crystal unions that explodes in your mouth.

Some goon on here alerted me to the 20 year sale and I got it for my now wife who fuckin loves cheese. It was such a fun dumb gift that it’s near the very top

i had cheese in Wisconsin of that quality, tho it wasn't that old. fantastic poo poo.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nexous posted:

Yes, the younger cheeses, including the 7, have crystals too, though probably not as much. It’s cool as poo poo.

runchild
May 26, 2010

runchild posted:

Two kinds of pasta, little garlic breads, Italian salad

Also a few little dessert bar things - chocolate mousse, lemon blueberry, pecan pie, and apple pie.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i was craving medicare local fried seafood. i swear I'm a healthy bmi

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

the two above posts are exact opposite ends of the spectrum

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Half of a frozen cheese flatbread.

Not good and wholly unsatisfying :(

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Not good and wholly unsatisfying :(

This could be a quote from your av.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This could be a quote from your av.

I like to think she’s making that face about all my posts

runchild
May 26, 2010

Who the hell serves burgers at their cookout but doesn’t provide cheese?

(I still ate 3)

(They were small and I was hungry)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

runchild posted:

Who the hell serves burgers at their cookout but doesn’t provide cheese?

(I still ate 3)

(They were small and I was hungry)

It's like people that don't offer to toast the buns.

The gently caress?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's like people that don't offer to toast the buns.

The gently caress?

Toasting burger buns is a crime. I mean, would you toast a sanwich if it had tomatoes, lettuce, onions and pickles in it? BTW, if you are not loading a burger up with everything but the kitchen sink you are doing it wrong.

I'll maybe give you a pass for an Australian style burger (fried egg + beetroot).

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

:stare:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Charcuterie board with 5, 7, 10, 12, and 20 year old cheddar cheeses. With varying accompaniments

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why the gently caress you eating old rear end moldy cheese I know times are tough but new cheese really isn’t that expensive

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

nexous posted:

Charcuterie board with 5, 7, 10, 12, and 20 year old cheddar cheeses. With varying accompaniments

you got mini-gherkins and coarse ground mustard up in that bitch>?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol wut

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

Toasting burger buns is a crime. I mean, would you toast a sanwich if it had tomatoes, lettuce

That's the LT of the BLT which is a very, very popular sandwich on toast here.

The B is bacon.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's the LT of the BLT which is a very, very popular sandwich on toast here.

The B is bacon.

I know what a BLT is, they are not exclusively American. I never make one with toast. A café near me used to make them with sliced peaches instead of tomatoes and they were pretty good - served in floury UNTOASTED baps. Most burgers here are served in baps too.

These are baps:

The difference between these and buns is that they are not sweet and are very light and airy. Toasting them would destroy them. Put them under a grill for more than 20 seconds and they burn.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Valko posted:

I mean, would you toast a sanwich if it had tomatoes, lettuce, onions and pickles in it?
I agree with you that toasting the bread for a burger is weird and unnecessary, but yes, I would definitely toast that sandwich - if the bread was a couple of days old. Because that's what toasting is for: getting the most out of bread that is no longer fresh.

But if you're making burgers, you're buying the bread rolls on the day, right? So you don't toast them. Because fresh bread is much nicer than toast.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Valko posted:

I know what a BLT is, they are not exclusively American. I never make one with toast. A café near me used to make them with sliced peaches instead of tomatoes and they were pretty good - served in floury UNTOASTED baps. Most burgers here are served in baps too.

These are baps:

The difference between these and buns is that they are not sweet and are very light and airy. Toasting them would destroy them. Put them under a grill for more than 20 seconds and they burn.

You are a pervert. Your brain is diseased. A real sicky.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

I take that 'baps' are a slang term for part of the human anatomy where you are from?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tiggum posted:

I agree with you that toasting the bread for a burger is weird and unnecessary, but yes, I would definitely toast that sandwich - if the bread was a couple of days old. Because that's what toasting is for: getting the most out of bread that is no longer fresh.

But if you're making burgers, you're buying the bread rolls on the day, right? So you don't toast them. Because fresh bread is much nicer than toast.

This guy gets it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nobody gives a poo poo if you don't like them toasted personally, not offering it to your guests is what's lame, then judging on top of that is lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The thought of your untoasted baps makes me physically ill

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Nobody gives a poo poo if you don't like them toasted personally, not offering it to your guests is what's lame.

You could just ask the host to toast it if it's that important, it's probably not a big deal. My friend takes three spoons of sugar in his tea while I take none. I don't question him when he visits and I make tea.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah you probably could, but wouldn't it be easier if your host wasn't a caveman and offered?

Do you not offer sugar and make them ask is the point? Lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

how did teh british rule anything ever i mean lmao

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I asked if he would like sugar. The fact he asked for three was a bit surprising, but it shouldn't have been. The guy drinks 6 Red Bulls a day.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nobody gives a poo poo if you don't like them toasted personally, not offering it to your guests is what's lame, then judging on top of that is lol.
It would not even occur to me to ask anyone if they wanted their bread roll toasted. It's a weird thing to want.

Do you not offer sugar and make them ask is the point?
It also wouldn't occur to me to offer sugar for tea or coffee, actually, since almost no one I know drinks it that way. My brother-in-law likes honey in his tea so I make a point of remembering that, but otherwise if you want any kind of sweetener you're going to have to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
If someone doesn't offer me creamer with my soup I go out of my way to leave an upper decker in thier terlet. gently caress YOU I NEED A NICE CREAMY SOUP