Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I seriously scrounged over everything in the area, but I'm going to do a fourth check before doing anything. I poured the whole thing out onto one surface and sorted them by #. The set has been very consistent with putting the same pieces in the same bag or inner bag (unlike friggin janky rear end Assembly Square) and I had already used multiple of all of the parts that were missing in the same step. Also when I looked up reviews that mentioned bags quantities they were saying that there should only be one step 10 bag. I'm going to call customer service if I don't find a missing bag somewhere before doing the whole missing pieces deal because this seems like a pretty big manufacturing error considering I grabbed it after it being out of stock everywhere for months.

what an awful first post of the page, have an Galidor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Last weekend I was at my inlaws grabbing some books for the nursery and they explained how they never threw out any toy ever and they just accumulated in their basement which lead me to discover:
A) Their son has a ton of cards
B) A ton of lego, including one of those monorails.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

Last weekend I was at my inlaws grabbing some books for the nursery and they explained how they never threw out any toy ever and they just accumulated in their basement which lead me to discover:
A) Their son has a ton of cards
B) A ton of lego, including one of those monorails.

You're legally required to either say Jackpot like Dante, or Hell-oo-ooo like Mr. jackpots when that happens

Sunk Dunk posted:

nice i didn't know there was a lego thread. i recently got back into building the speed champions sets as a way to waste time, but i started going overboard

If you haven't yet, take the time to go back through the posts of users here, because a number of people make absolutely incredible custom speed champion style vehicles

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BaconCopter posted:

what an awful first post of the page, have an Galidor

the gently caress is that

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ijyt posted:

JJ the Jet Plane

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ijyt posted:

LEGO

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

a sexual elk posted:

Hahahah this guy thinks that’s overboard hahahahahhahaahhahahhahahhHa

I kinda want to layout all my Star Wars instruction books, it’d probably cover my entire bedroom

i wish i liked star wars because it seems like they get the best sets

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Sunk Dunk posted:

On the other hand, this way you get to enjoy having money

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
What’s the point of having money if not to buy more lego?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Galidor! Galidor! GALI-DOOOOOOOR!

Some Star Wars pics got leaked
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/13lyf6w/star_wars_332nd_battle_pack_yavin_4_and_yodas/

Swamp Speeder with 3x 332nd clones & Captain Vaughn

Yavin Four with 12 minis

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sunk Dunk posted:

Enjoy that you don't regularly end up getting tempted by sets that cost $800

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That’s a lot of minis for the Yavin set, what the hell.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Doublepost but captain America’s shield lmao

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the new lego 2k driving game looks fun, but it also looks like they crammed micro transactions into every part they could. seems scummy for a kids game??

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Zwille posted:

wow, that sure is....something :catstare:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Yavin set is cool. lmao the chibi Y wing. I wonder what else is in the set with the speeder bike and ewoks. Looks almost exactly like that set they did just recently.

That captain america shield is another entry in the wtf was lego thinking. Did people actually buy that thor hammer?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Zwille posted:

First the Hammer, now the Shield, what's next? The Ripped Pair of Jorts?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Habibi posted:

First the Hammer, now the Shield, what's next? The Ripped Pair of Jorts?

Comes with about 10 of these

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Zwille posted:

Lol why?

Side note, i do appreciate when German sometimes just reads like someone speaking English with an accent.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

it’s 2/3 original English anyway, correct would be Käpt‘n Amerika‘s Fischstäbchen

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Zwille posted:

it’s 2/3 original English anyway, correct would be Käpt‘n Amerika‘s Fischstäbchen

I love it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kinda odd. I ordered the Interceptor x fang fighter off amazon and it came in a fitted cardboard box (within the amazon box) sort of like the big UCS sets, and also it came with the old style taped box instead of an awful punch tab box. I distinctly remember seeing the push tab box in reviews. tbh thats the first set in a couple of years I have seen with an old style Lego box.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Kinda odd. I ordered the Interceptor x fang fighter off amazon and it came in a fitted cardboard box (within the amazon box) sort of like the big UCS sets, and also it came with the old style taped box instead of an awful punch tab box. I distinctly remember seeing the push tab box in reviews. tbh thats the first set in a couple of years I have seen with an old style Lego box.

mine was push tab so i guess be extra alert for it being counterfeit amazon isnt exactly spotless when it comes to selling fakes of anything

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I wonder what else is in the set with the speeder bike and ewoks. Looks almost exactly like that set they did just recently.

That's because it's a picture of that set :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sexual Lorax posted:

mine was push tab so i guess be extra alert for it being counterfeit amazon isnt exactly spotless when it comes to selling fakes of anything

Nah it’s clearly legit. Think it’s the European version since it has English/French on the box instead of English/Spanish.

Also amazon isn’t going to send people fakes. The people who think that are ordering from third party sellers without realizing it. Which is on Amazon since they blur the line on that way too much.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Zwille posted:

saw some folks on reddit speculating about the piece makeup of this, this thing is gonna have 3128 pieces and there's maybe 500-600 on the front of that and the rest is gonna be all support, my god this is going to be a miserable build isnt it

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

Think it’s the European version
Does it have a piece count on the front?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Aye Doc posted:

saw some folks on reddit speculating about the piece makeup of this, this thing is gonna have 3128 pieces and there's maybe 500-600 on the front of that and the rest is gonna be all support, my god this is going to be a miserable build isnt it

It would be pretty funny if they just slapped a baseplate on the back to hold eveyrthing together

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

The real question is how many pieces it shatters into when you throw it at something. You know there are going to be multiple YouTube videos of people throwing that thing just to watch it explode into a couple thousand parts.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

Does it have a piece count on the front?

Hm it does actually….Canadian version maybe? It’s def legit

https://imgur.com/a/cUIzju3

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That shield looks incredibly boring imo.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

veni veni veni posted:

Also amazon isn’t going to send people fakes. The people who think that are ordering from third party sellers without realizing it. Which is on Amazon since they blur the line on that way too much.

It has happened before, though not with Lego that I’m aware of, but Amazon and third party “fulfilled by Amazon” stuff has commingled in inventory and resulted in some bogus stuff going out as sold by amazon themselves.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Are there any good images of the right side of that Shadow Box Batmobile yet? In the announcement video it looks like the woman turns a knob to deploy the machine guns. They pop off with such energy and I'm curious how the mechanism works.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Whatever the answer is you know that baby is gonna have an eye protection infographic

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Gus (especially good at large animal builds) from Australian Lego Masters got a job with Lego.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Gus (especially good at large animal builds) from Australian Lego Masters got a job with Lego.

That's great. I saw his finale build a few days ago and was absolutely blown away. If he can translate it down in size and make some 3 in 1s that would be wonderful.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Sunk Dunk posted:

nice i didn't know there was a lego thread. i recently got back into building the speed champions sets as a way to waste time, but i started going overboard

Welcome to the thread! I very much enjoy your Speed Champions display. I collect them too, and I've also spent years building my own:

You can see 'em here if you like:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomgion/

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

Welcome to the thread! I very much enjoy your Speed Champions display. I collect them too, and I've also spent years building my own:

holy poo poo that's awesome, nice work

e: do you sell instructions for these at all?

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 20, 2023

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Carbohydrates posted:

Nice! That looks familiar. Did you happen to have a table at Brickfest Dallas this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I ran into what seems like a mistake in the birdhouse set: if you build the baby bird in the shell according to directions, the eggshell half has a stud so it doesn't stand on a stud. The antistud is on the other egg half, but you also can't build the baby bird in that half. So I have a baby bird in a half shell sorta laying in the nest, with a full egg standing at attention next to it.

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 20, 2023