Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Do activity engrams (vanguard/crucible/gambit/defiant) go away with the seasonal reset or can I just sit on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fast cars loose anus posted:

Do activity engrams (vanguard/crucible/gambit/defiant) go away with the seasonal reset or can I just sit on them?

They are intended to go away and they almost always have.

Once (this current season), the Crucible ones did NOT reset for some reason. Don't expect that again, but who the hell knows. All 5 vendors work differently.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

Blade Barrage very much doesn't suck tho? In fact I believe it's the highest Burst DPS super in the game, with good tracking and incredibly easy to pull off.

Blade Barrage hasn't been useful for poo poo ever since they nerfed it shortly after it hit the scene.
Hell, nova bomb(slowva or vortex) performs better than it in every way.
Casting nova while moving also won't throw you into a doorframe, causing the entire super to detonate in your face and end up getting you killed.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's the grievance here? People care about the artifact mod too much?

Less grievance and more commentary on kneejerk declarations of good or bad based on a constantly shifting meta. Same sort of thing as declaring entire archetypes as unusable or terrible because they aren't peak optimisation.

The Destiny community has a real hard on for only using the absolute best meta everything, which is funny since none of it really matters unless you're playing absolute end game content.

The seasonal artifact is just a good example, that's all. Sometimes a post is just a post.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Blade Barrage hasn't been useful for poo poo ever since they nerfed it shortly after it hit the scene.
Hell, nova bomb(slowva or vortex) performs better than it in every way.

Did you know that Nova Bombs are for Warlocks? It's true. Blade Barrage is a Hunter Solar Super that is actually pretty good :) I find it more satisfying than Golden Gun, and haven't had issues pulling off the big damage it does. It's very good for cratering big dudes especially when radiant.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 19, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Posts are all a man's got

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They are intended to go away and they almost always have.

Once (this current season), the Crucible ones did NOT reset for some reason. Don't expect that again, but who the hell knows. All 5 vendors work differently.

Cool thanks might as well spend em then

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Casting nova while moving also won't throw you into a doorframe, causing the entire super to detonate in your face and end up getting you killed.

i've nova bombed more than my share of doorframes tyvm

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If we're trying to maximize DPS, SES Blade Barrage is a quick super dump that does more damage the Nighthawk Golden Gun. You only want one Gathering Storm because you really only want one source of jolt so that you don't trigger the internal jolt cooldown. Yes, there is a conflict with two-tailed fox IIRC. You can have as many Blade Barrages in a group as you want. BB is nice because you can throw it and get back to DPS. It also lasts just long enough to take a breath after the cast and swap to an auto-loaded GL or rocket.

Golden Gun has some usage, but more situationally. You get orbs for popping, crit damage and a nearly instantaneous cast. It only refunds super energy on a kill despite its usage being mostly on bosses.

Blade Barrage is pretty good and doing flips is both cool and good.

Someone tell me if I don't understand jolt pls.

Also, literally none of this matters in 99% of the content and you should do and use things that spark joy

e: you can also use it as a trash clearer and there's even a fun exotic to help with that!

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 19, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1659533204628578305

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Do you mean the group that was doing it or the site because I am looking at the site right now

Yes. The site is still up, but the discussion has died off, and most of the Lightfall books are empty.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think they’re waiting until the end of the season to turn spoilers off and fill in the books, since it’s partly reliant on the API.

the site’s social media is still active; they just stopped doing their podcast and whatever else

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Xur is selling the s18 arc sidearm. If you don’t have the pattern for that unlocked you ABSOLUTELY want to buy a few to redframe-atize for all the arc poo poo happening next season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Defiant Engrams in the HELM state that they expire at the end of the season. Typically Seasonal Vendors DON'T reset between seasons but this is uncharted territory with the vendor working the same way as Zavala and other auto-reset vendors

Defiant Engrams are how you get the Defiance Weapons, Imperial Decree & the Class Swords, so you may want to like... tuck enough of them away to use the Redframe-Creator-Juice in a future season?

It's stupid and silly for the Defiant Engrams to expire, and maybe there's a new no-engram-required way to get them next season, but it's good to be cautious here

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I hope the next seasonal activity is good. The one this season was fine, but it didn't really hook me at all. I think this was my least played season so far :smith:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mesadoram posted:

I hope the next seasonal activity is good. The one this season was fine, but it didn't really hook me at all. I think this was my least played season so far :smith:.

Yeah it wasn't a particularly strong season, but! Next season should have some interesting stuff, AND it's the long-awaited 'seasonal overhaul' from Bungie.

Probably just means that instead of a vendor with 18 upgrades it's 18 fish ponds that we can earn 2 koi per week to stock, but whatever!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah it wasn't a particularly strong season, but! Next season should have some interesting stuff, AND it's the long-awaited 'seasonal overhaul' from Bungie.

Probably just means that instead of a vendor with 18 upgrades it's 18 fish ponds that we can earn 2 koi per week to stock, but whatever!

Indeed! I hope it is great :unsmith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope it has no Drifter anywhere.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm desperate for Bungie to add more 6 man master content. I'd love for them to bring back master ketch and the season of the splicer stuff and shove wellspring into some master weekly rotator. That stuff was so fun

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

we are no longer friends

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:colbert:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

isnt our NPC handler for this Sloane?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mesadoram posted:

I thought this seasonal activity was one of their better offerings; certainly way better than the Expeditions from Plunder. It was also way freer with the red borders than any other seasonal activity I can remember.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

this season's activity sucked because we spent a ton of time in the intentionally bland and colorless ascendant plane. you want me to be amazed by a paracausal space? turn up the saturation. make things pretty. i don't want to feel like i'm in some grayscale twilight zone bullshit, i've seen that before. "ooooh the colors are washed out and rocks are floating!" yawn. ocarina of time outdid that in 1998 with a hallway. if a paracausal space doesn't make inception look like a cheap theater production then i don't want to see more than is legally necessary.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm a fan of the Battleground style of activity. I'll generally be pretty satisfied when they pour tons of adds on me as long as not too many of them are exploders, which I find obnoxious.

I'm trying to put together some loadouts to farm the Grasp of Avarice boss for some artifice armor this weekend, hypothetically, say you already have a Well and a Tether, what's gonna be the best third option?

- Solar Hunter with Young Ahamkara's Spine and a Demolitionist rocket launcher.
- Solar Hunter with Star Eater Scales for an omega Blade Barrage and then I guess normal rockets?
- Falling Star Titan for big boom Thundercrash and then I guess normal rockets.

Or is it just another Starfire Protocol Warlock, lol.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'll probably just rock the dumb builds I already have made and hope I actually get decent artifice armor this season, at least my Ager+mobh build won't need mods for damage finally

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 19, 2023

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'm a fan of the Battleground style of activity. I'll generally be pretty satisfied when they pour tons of adds on me as long as not too many of them are exploders, which I find obnoxious.

I'm trying to put together some loadouts to farm the Grasp of Avarice boss for some artifice armor this weekend, hypothetically, say you already have a Well and a Tether, what's gonna be the best third option?

- Solar Hunter with Young Ahamkara's Spine and a Demolitionist rocket launcher.
- Solar Hunter with Star Eater Scales for an omega Blade Barrage and then I guess normal rockets?
- Falling Star Titan for big boom Thundercrash and then I guess normal rockets.

Or is it just another Starfire Protocol Warlock, lol.

the answer is always more starfire warlocks until they nerf starfire. up till about like 3 or 4, cause you get like 2x witherhoard than one of the guys can use osteo and i think your 4/5th warlock is onto any old thing with incandescent.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
An Arc season is going to make Crucible absolute loving misery though. Hope you like never going near any corners, ever!

*Gets Dunemarcher Shotgun/Charged to the moon*

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

frajaq posted:

isnt our NPC handler for this Sloane?

Drifter is known to have an interest in both the Taken and the Long Boy in the Soup.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Season plots always have one focus character and 2-3 support, Drifter can be there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pretty sure they already confirmed we get our seasonal artifact from Drifter, right? So he'll probably have dialog, at least.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Consider:

Drifter is friends with Sloane.

Sloane is part Taken or something.

Drifter has access to Legally Distinct From Taken Shadowy Fellows.

They still have to reintroduce the rest of the Reckoning weapons.

Look forward to your ol' pal the Drifter showing up.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Big Daddy Driftyboi is always welcome.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
i dislike gambit but the Drifter is fine with me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gambit good Drifter good, hopefully Eris is involved in this season as well.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

i dislike gambit but the Drifter is fine with me

:hai:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's wiggidy wack that two of the best NPCs are tied to the bad modes.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

It's wiggidy wack that two of the best NPCs are tied to the bad modes.

Drifter and Shaxx? :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

syntaxfunction posted:

Drifter and Shaxx? :v:

Those would be the ones!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Gambit good Drifter good, hopefully Eris is involved in this season as well.

I tire of Eris and her always unclear bullshit.
I want this show to be run solo by Drifter, maybe with Spider as support.
Absolutely minimal Vanguard contact, cause they bore me also.

Hell, let's get Ada up in here just for the gently caress of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Season 21 - Sloane, Drifter, ???
Season 20 - Mara, Mithrax, Devrim, Holliday, Crow
Season 19 - Ana, Osiris, Elsie, Clovis, Rasputin
Season 18 - Mithrax, Eido, Drifter, Spider
Season 17 - Eris, Crow, Zavala, Caiatl
Season 16 - Saladin, Crow, Zavala
Season 15 - Mara, Crow, Ikora, Savathun
Season 14 - Mithrax, Saint, Ikora, Osiris
Season 13 - Zavala, Saladin, Crow, Osiris
Season 12 - Osiris, Crow, Spider

If you don't like Eris, bad news cause I'm pretty sure it's her turn again.

My question is when the gently caress are we getting Failsafe in here.