Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

everywhere i turn theres sideline reporters not respecting my team, theres lakers fans spending years talking about the denver nuggets to confuse me. around every corner there are the Enemies Of The Denver Nuggets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Even more important: The Refs not calling defensive three seconds on AD twice in the last two minutes https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042200312

Honestly just get rid of the rule. It’s so selectively enforced, and defense could use a little nudge.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So…Grant Williams is getting banished after this game right?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

grant williams is the dumbest motherfucker in the nba

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Jimmy Butler

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

look at the score

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

So…Grant Williams is getting banished after this game right?

It's really funny that every podcaster was like "play grant williams, why is he not playing anymore"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kingcobweb posted:

Even more important: The Refs not calling defensive three seconds on AD twice in the last two minutes https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042200312

Honestly just get rid of the rule. It’s so selectively enforced, and defense could use a little nudge.

Whats even the point of defensive three seconds? Some holdover from the illegal zone defense days?

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Anyone blaming anything other than Tatum and Brown for being garbage rear end players that disappear in the 4th is missing the plot.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Get out the drat brooms!!!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Can't believe I got probed for the truth.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

three posted:

Tatum and Brown for being garbage rear end players that disappear in the 4th.

except against the Sixers

:sigh:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

three posted:

Anyone blaming anything other than Tatum and Brown for being garbage rear end players that disappear in the 4th is missing the plot.

Counterpoint

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1659748945499942912

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
gotta gif all those Grant Williams reaction shots

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Brown was rear end that game, Tatum was great (even for most of the 4th doing high P&R and generating good looks)

Caleb Martin and Jaylen Brown swapping stat lines was the story of the game.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's so loving funny that he got gassed up because he hit a wide open 3

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Yeah Grant had a decent game overall but that was dumb as all get out

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Honestly grant williams got excellent contests on those butler shots, he played good, what the gently caress is horford doing on the floor, why is rob williams getting dicked around on his minutes?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Celtics were down 6 with a timeout left and less than 10 seconds to go and they decide to let Brown dribble it up and run out the clock putting up a shot

Wow the Celtics are really badly coached

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jimmy Butler is like a good Kobe Bryant.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Grant Brooks

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

Jimmy Butler is like a good Kobe Bryant.

jayson tatum is like the real kobe bryant in that he is losing a playoff series when he doesnt have a player better than him on the team

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Celtics and Lakers both down 0-2

What a great day to be a hater

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
lmao jimmy butler wasn't even an allstar this year

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

God I never thought that we would get a “The Grant Williams Game” in the playoffs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/ItsMrLuis/status/1530521620107902976

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

you can say whatever u want in that attire its true

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

Celtics were down 6 with a timeout left and less than 10 seconds to go and they decide to let Brown dribble it up and run out the clock putting up a shot

Wow the Celtics are really badly coached

There's no way you have more than a 1/50 shot even if you play that the "correct" way. Almost definitely less

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

Celtics and Lakers both down 0-2

What a great day to be a hater

Blessed

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Me: they're professional athletes at their peak that try their hardest all the time with insane effort,, "bulletin board material" is BS

Also me: lmao you poo poo-talked Jimmy Butler you're gonna lose

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

goddamn these playoffs have been nuts

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Gabe Vincent taking that clutch looong step-back jumper over Tatum early in the shot clock was cool. Miss that and the Celtics win, wouldn't want to face Jimmy Butler in the locker room

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That clip of the Mazzulla press conference was not inspiring

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1659755183377887232?s=20

Is injecting tears into your veins having a moment?!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

xbilkis posted:

It's so loving funny that he got gassed up because he hit a wide open 3

blew past duncan robinson in a zone defense and ran right over to jimmy butler to tell him he was trash

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

There's no way you have more than a 1/50 shot even if you play that the "correct" way. Almost definitely less

Quick 3 out of timeout and then try to steal the inbound is rare but not impossible. And doesn’t require a another timeout! Reggie Miller literally was sitting there to remind them. And a 1-50 shot is still better than letting Brown dribble out the remaining clock

All I can think of is Mazulla thought he needed to keep the timeout to draw something or advance the ball after the play that happens after Browns shot which is lol

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 20, 2023

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Bubble reignited my passion for basketball. Thought it was because of the Bron/AD Lakers but it really was because of Jimmy Butler.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
That Bam rebound at about a minute left was so rad. The Heat are just cooler than the Celtics, I don’t think there’s anything Boston can do about it. They are just terminally lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jimmy Butler!!!