Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And that’s FF4 platted and dusted

I have the house to myself for the whole weekend, do I have it in me to just smash through FF5 in a single two day marathon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm playing Horizon :blastu:

I'm playing Disco Elysium. Zelda is what I load up when I have spare time at work or I want to zone out with some TV at the same time. Or even get a quick 15 minutes in bed before sleeping.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

listening to chapo interview josh sawyer about pentiment and videogame labor. good stuff!

edit; the term 'AAAA' just made its entrance

edit2; dang this interview is great, they talkin bout Elden Ring

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 19, 2023

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Ineffiable posted:

I'm playing Disco Elysium. Zelda is what I load up when I have spare time at work or I want to zone out with some TV at the same time. Or even get a quick 15 minutes in bed before sleeping.

DE is such a goat game

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SilkyP posted:

DE is such a goat game

It really is. Funny thing is I've had it since the launch of the final cut on ps5 but I finally got around to playing it thanks to the folks voting for it in the discord.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I've enjoyed the Injustice games more than recent MK so I'm a little bummed that they aren't making them anymore. Also, whoever said the gore in MK is too much these days is right. The graphic designers would agree with you considering they admitted they all go to therapy while/after they work on these things to deal with modeling people getting killed in gruesome detail. I know it's part of the game's schtick but it does get to me. I'm also pretty sure they could cut fatalities from the game completely and after some social media gnashing/yelling, people would end up not giving a poo poo. All those xray special moves are basically fatalities that implausibly leave the other player alive anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember former employees at NR talking about working on Mortal Kombat 11, and some of them took time off from work to get therapy afterwards, and at least a few of them just straight up ghosted NR and never returned to work.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Phenotype posted:

I don't understand how you're playing other games, I haven't played anything but zelda since last Friday. My gaming PC died last week and I set up a fancy new one on Monday and I haven't even bothered playing anything on it yet. Humanity? Looks cool but if I sit down on the couch I doubt I can make myself pick up the DualSense instead of the Pro Controller.

And I don't even LIKE zelda that much

The game is magic. It runs better than botw while being bigger and more complicated, looks amazing and the solutions to puzzles really feels limitless. Anyone flat out refusing to give it a look is doing themselves a disservice. Its real real good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Calling it now, Sony gonna have MonHun World 2 on wednesday

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

The game is magic. It runs better than botw while being bigger and more complicated, looks amazing and the solutions to puzzles really feels limitless. Anyone flat out refusing to give it a look is doing themselves a disservice. Its real real good.

My excuse is that I’ve not owned a Nintendo since the Gamecube and I’m not gonna get a Switch now when they surely - surely! - are gonna announce a new/upgraded version anon...right??? Plus I’ve never actually played a Zelda anyway, so there’s zero sentimentality involved - it was always all about Metroid and F-Zero for me. Glad y’all having a blast tho!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Calling it now, Sony gonna have MonHun World 2 on wednesday

One can only hope!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mons2er hunter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pretty much lost all drive to play Nintendo after they dumped Rare

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 19, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to understand what happened with Rare when they joined Microsoft. They put out nothing but trash at that point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I want to understand what happened with Rare when they joined Microsoft. They put out nothing but trash at that point.

A bunch of people left the team when they got bought out.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

I said come in! posted:

All the people who made rare great in the snes/n64 era were already long gone by the time the gamecube hit, ms just bought ip and never really had any idea what to do with it (they famously thought they were getting donkey kong lol i think they wanted their own mascot at the time or something)

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 19, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I said come in! posted:

It was just a very different culture and only a chunk of the remaining studio that was dropped into the Xbox ecosystem that mostly targeted edgy shootman players. Like 3 dozen people left the studio immediately and MS didn't really have a vision for Rare for quite some time. Some formers got along well as Free Radical in a multiplatform environment for a while but development costs were skyrocketing at the time. I think some of the divorce had to do with Conker's Bad Fur Day and Nintendo wanting nothing to do with it after the fact, so they severely cut dev resources and made no offer on acquiring Rare, though apparently still had them developing GBA titles for years lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

All the people who made rare great in the snes/n64 era were already long gone by the time the gamecube hit, ms just bought ip and never really had any idea what to do with it (they famously thought they were getting donkey kong lol i think they wanted their own mascot at the time or something)

What really hurt to me was that they went Kinect exclusive for titles during the 360. Holy poo poo that was painful to witness.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm glad Sea of Thieves turned out well. I know it's all new people but Rare's reputation deserved a win after all that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didnt even realize that was Rare. I have been meaning to check that game out for awhile now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Sea of thieves is pretty fun for a week or 2 if you play it with 2 or more friends. You can really ruin some people's days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Sea of thieves is pretty fun for a week or 2 if you play it with 2 or more friends. You can really ruin some people's days.

I think that might be why I havent played it yet. :P

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sorry you have no gaming buddies OP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Sorry you have no gaming buddies OP

its true

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sea of thieves also has area chat so when you get into battles or close enough to people you are sinking you can hear their angry or surprised yells.

I snuck aboard a group's galleon and they had 3 explosive barrels stored in the bottom of the ship, the group was loading the loot they received from killing a boss, once all the loot was nearly on board I detonated the barrels killing 2 of them before killing the other 2 as the ship sank. They had no idea and were yelling at each other about how they shouldn't have stored explosive barrels.

Those boss battles can take 15-20 minutes too.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Electromax posted:

Never played a ratchet and clank game before, but I'm ready to jump into the rift

I’ve also never played a ratchet and clank game. I’ve had some fun with it, only an hour in or so. The graphics are pretty impressive, a lot of animations are really fluid and look great. Definitely had some “wow that’s good looking moments” for character models in cutscenes and the fur looks good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rift Apart is a great jumping in point if you're brand new to the series.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Electromax posted:

Never played a ratchet and clank game before, but I'm ready to jump into the rift

It helps that all the important plot points for understanding this game are in the tutorial level.
Only thing it really is missing is that Ratchet was an rear end in a top hat in R&C1 before they made him have character development for the sequels (because all the players didn't like him being an rear end in a top hat)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Mr Hootington posted:

I snuck aboard a group's galleon and they had 3 explosive barrels stored in the bottom of the ship, the group was loading the loot they received from killing a boss, once all the loot was nearly on board I detonated the barrels killing 2 of them before killing the other 2 as the ship sank. They had no idea and were yelling at each other about how they shouldn't have stored explosive barrels.
:stare:

..how did you escape? Did you have rowboat or something handy, have to do a marathon swim, what?

Mods, rename thread to Hootington’s Crusty Sea Dog Tales, ta.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I like the DC animated universe and wish they’d make more movies and shows so I’m wondering, do the injustice games have a story mode or are you just supposed to fill in the gaps from the comic?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Sentinel Red posted:

:stare:

..how did you escape? Did you have rowboat or something handy, have to do a marathon swim, what?

Mods, rename thread to Hootington’s Crusty Sea Dog Men Tales, ta.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

I just started Conker for the first time the other day. The platforming is janky as hell but the writing is loving A+. :v:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Rolo posted:

I like the DC animated universe and wish they’d make more movies and shows so I’m wondering, do the injustice games have a story mode or are you just supposed to fill in the gaps from the comic?

They have story modes, yeah.

I thought I grabbed I2 from Plus but I guess not. I played a lot of it at my friend's a couple years back, really have a hankering for it after bouncing off sf6

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still not gonna play any Injustice games but I really want them to put He-Man into it eventually.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

I just started Conker for the first time the other day. The platforming is janky as hell but the writing is loving A+. :v:

It's so good.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Mr Hootington posted:

Incredible.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Well, tonight is the night I discovered PS5s don't accept Bluetooth headphones.

What is this bullshit?

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

AlternateNu posted:

Well, tonight is the night I discovered PS5s don't accept Bluetooth headphones.

What is this bullshit?

That be some wanna sell their own wireless headset bullshit
To be fair their headphones are pretty decent for their price

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I got them recently and they’re pretty solid, bluetooth is also garbage for gaming generally because of latency. The official headset uses 2.4ghz like most other wireless gaming headsets of that. Hence the dongle. I just wish the cups were bigger since they get a bit uncomfortable over long sessions.

Speaking of long sessions I finished Horizon ZD on PC and started Spiderman and immediately lost 3 hours to it. It feels awesome to have a game immediately start showing you its cool poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

man nurse posted:

In defense of MK 11

nah