Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah it's definitely more supply chain with market economics attached than vice versa

The major difference is that all the people owning and working in the factories have Opinions about how you should run your country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

their friends sound awesome tbh. jealous?

Their friends don't play paradox games, they're no friends of mine.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Agean90 posted:

all of the above tbh. you make buildings that produce raw materials and goods in your market that then affect the base price for the good based on supply vs demand to determine cost when used by either your population (which is simulated in far more detail than Imperialism). Autarky is possible, but will involve either playing as an already massive country and even then you usually lack something or don't have enough of it and must then either trade for it or take over land that has it.

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah it's definitely more supply chain with market economics attached than vice versa

The major difference is that all the people owning and working in the factories have Opinions about how you should run your country

gently caress it, sounds fun. Don't quite have the minimum graphics specs, but gonna try my hand at turning south and central america into la Unión Soviética Primo

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1klbemc_xp8

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
V3 is definitely be the closest that any game I've played has come to capturing the gameplay experience of Imperialism, and that includes the previous two Victoria games (which were more similar to Paradox's other titles)

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
yes but have you considered that the fighting is bad???

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's a small thing but the graphs of radicals, including a breakdown by party, is going to help figure out the extent to which radicals are loving up my country a lot. I know we had the radicals total right next to your total population but I think I took the time to estimate the percentage from those two number approximately zero times. I had millions of radicals as India and thousands as Argentina and who knows what any of that meant. I sure didn't. It really should just display your radicals as a percentage of your total population and if you really wanna do the math out to find the meaningless absolute numbers, you can take the extra brain power to do that.

At the very least having a graph of radicalism on the overview screen is going to be great. Especially as it seems to not just break down by party, but scales all the parties the same so you can use it to see that you've got a giant pile of loyalist rural folk, even if some of them are also radicals, and just a tiny number of entirely radicalized trade unionists or whatever.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I hope they put in different types of voting systems at some point, in maybe some kind of "Democracy update". Changing around the voting systems and seeing how it affected the composition of parties over time was one of the things I really enjoyed in V2 and I hope it comes back. There's plenty of DLC potential too! Imagine being able to paint gerrymandered districts like fronts in HOI4!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Popoto posted:

yes but have you considered that the fighting is bad???

That's also like Imperialism :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Agean90 posted:

all of the above tbh. you make buildings that produce raw materials and goods in your market that then affect the base price for the good based on supply vs demand to determine cost when used by either your population (which is simulated in far more detail than Imperialism). Autarky is possible, but will involve either playing as an already massive country and even then you usually lack something or don't have enough of it and must then either trade for it or take over land that has it.

alternatively, start as Japan and the early to midgame will give you all the autarky you could possibly want

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

So as far as I understand it, the DLC adds the ability to kick agitators off your lawn, and some stuff for France?

I mean, it's nice that they're adding core mechanics straight to the game in the patch, but this seems a bit anemic for 15€.

E:

And some cosmetic stuff I guess, but I don't remember the last time I looked at the actual map in any Paradox game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

It's a immersion pack which is generally going to be country-specific content. I like that there's only a minimal amount of reason to buy if you don't want to play as France.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

RabidWeasel posted:

It's a immersion pack which is generally going to be country-specific content. I like that there's only a minimal amount of reason to buy if you don't want to play as France.

Well it's not just for France, if it adds that mentioned button to everyone. They've done this in the past, though, adding a universal thingie to what's supposed to be a nation-specific DLC.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, the "remove annoying character" button is the only thing that is just randomly DLC gated for no reason. I think it's minor enough that I can forgive that since otherwise there's no content in the whole DLC other than French stuff.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Hard to complain about this model nowadays. You still get most of the cool stuff in the patch. Some cool button gets disabled until you buy an expansion, but lately EU4, Stellaris and CK3 expansion policy feels right to me, it's not like they hide stuff like development or transfer occupation behind patch and pretend you can live without them. As always, I'm more concerned about how hard it is for developers to design features around the fact that the player can have any combination of the expansions, but it's mostly a hidden cost till some bug appears.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

While Vicky3 hasn't turned out as good as I initially hoped, it's still getting massive improvements every patch. Excited to see how far we can go.

I'm mostly hoping for more granular commodities, but that might be too much. Also, the ability to produce high quality stuff, not just more of it. Doesn't feel that prestigious being the number 1 producer of a thing, if there's no craftsmanship behind it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

RabidWeasel posted:

Yeah, the "remove annoying character" button is the only thing that is just randomly DLC gated for no reason.

It's no longer gated and part of the free patch.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Vichan posted:

Oh! It's still mentioned on the Steam store page.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

THE BAR posted:

Also, the ability to produce high quality stuff, not just more of it. Doesn't feel that prestigious being the number 1 producer of a thing, if there's no craftsmanship behind it.

I know what you mean but it doesn't look like devs ever planned for something like this. We already have plenty of goods that are straight up high quality version of other goods, and all the production methods and events that imply improved quality give you more quantity instead. I guess there's logic behind it, something like this phone is so cool it would replace two inferior phones so lets just pretend we actually produced two phones.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

ilitarist posted:

I know what you mean but it doesn't look like devs ever planned for something like this. We already have plenty of goods that are straight up high quality version of other goods, and all the production methods and events that imply improved quality give you more quantity instead. I guess there's logic behind it, something like this phone is so cool it would replace two inferior phones so lets just pretend we actually produced two phones.

And with just how many moving systems the game already has, I can understand it might be one too many. I just like the idea. It could even just be some kind of country modifier, that nations that trade with you can get a minor version of.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Something like that can be an interesting addition to the economic system, especially if the economy is more regional. I can't think of an example in the Victorian era, but you can probably think of numerous examples when a country became known for producing products in a specific price/quality zone. Bohemian glass, Chilean wine, Swiss chocolate and clocks, Swedish furniture. Every country produces all of it but you might want to seek out an imported good because of it's quality or price.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I think the bit that burns me out most on the game is still the construction system. In the early game I'm very micro-managey with it and all the decisions I take with it feel like they matter a lot - how many construction sectors to build, setting up supply chains from the ground up and so on.

By mid-game when I've got thousands of construction points, there are technically a lot more decisions to make since I'm building a lot more buildings, but none of the decisions matter nearly as much as the early-game decisions. I often just let the AI run it all, and it feels like I've checked out of the game, and I stop playing.

The political system is similar, now that I think about it. Early on, everything is very impactful - implementing voting, progressive taxation and so on are all big changes to how the country operates. But by mid-game I'll have almost all the laws I want and the system gets ignored.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Gort posted:

I think the bit that burns me out most on the game is still the construction system. In the early game I'm very micro-managey with it and all the decisions I take with it feel like they matter a lot - how many construction sectors to build, setting up supply chains from the ground up and so on.

After several games it feels like differences between country-specific economies disappear very quickly. The system is quite complex so it's a shame. Maybe it's my fault for being afraid to specialize, as anyone I play ends up producing almost everything except for really rare resources like Opium. There are of course big differences like some parts of the world have so many people they won't have the ability to tax them till the end game. I understand the devs really don't want to balance the game with more restrictions for the player (and AI) but I can't help but wonder if it would work better with more diverse regions putting limitations on you. As for now my path to economic dominance feels very similar past the early game troubles, there's only a question of when I switch to electricity.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

A LOT of the game is just clicking a new building on the production window every 60-120 seconds

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Vichan posted:

You're right, I meant being able to turn agitators into generals or IG leaders. Or having a monarch abdicate, for some reason, even though it has nothing to do with agitators :iiam:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

1.3 Steam patch notes

:toot:

Paradox posted:

New Achievements for Voice of the People

It Never Ends: Cement the Bonaparte dynasty, become a Republic, and Stamp Out Monarchism

Hexagon No More: Complete the Natural Borders of France Journal Entry

Emperor Norton: As the USA, become a Monarchy with Joshua Norton as monarch

Shut the Door Behind You: Have an invited Exile become the ruler of your nation and pass the Closed Borders Law

Crush the Commune: As France, defeat the rebellion of the Paris Commune

Military Junta: Have the Armed Forces coup the government

Huge Ego, Sorry: Unite Germany and have Max Stirner rule your nation

New Achievements for Update 1.3

Agitate Elsewhere: Exile an Agitator with at least 100 Popularity

Amish Paradise: As a Yankee nation, pass the Industry Banned Law before 1846 and have at least 20 average Standard of Living

Authoritarian: Pass the Single-Party State, Militarized Police, and Outlawed Dissent Laws

Breadbasket: Pass the Homesteading Law and be the leading producer of Grain and Groceries

Euphoric: Pass the State Atheism Law and have the Intelligentsia be Powerful

L'Allemagne, c'est Rien: As France, prevent Germany from unifying until 1930

Meiji Restoration: Complete the Restoration Journal Entries as Japan before 1912

Vox Populi: Pass a Law with the support of an Agitator

Major Features in Voice of the People

60+ Historical Agitators
Many new Journal Entries and events relating to France, including dynastic squabbles, the colonization of Algeria, the Dreyfus Affair, the Paris Commune, and more
French building model set
New UI theme inspired by Art Nouveau
New paper map and map room look & feel
New outfits for historic and generic characters
City hub VFX for revolutions depending on which Interest Groups are revolting
Over a dozen new event images
Character interactions for making an Agitator an Interest Group leader or granting them military command
Character interaction to force a monarch to Abdicate under certain conditions
"Coup!" Journal Entry that can cause angry Interest Groups in government to seize power
New events about the adventures of Guiseppe Garibaldi
7 new Achievements

Major Features in Update 1.3

Agitator characters (new role) that create or empower Political Movements
Ability to invite Agitators exiled by other countries
New 'Character Interaction' system adds ability to interact directly with characters in your country (script extensible for modders)
Character Interactions: Exile Character, Repatriate Exile, Royal Marriage
Reworked Law Enactment mechanic, putting a law through three phases before it is passed
Reworked Revolution Progression mechanic with a plethora of new Revolution events
Politics Overview Panel overhaul providing easier overview of your Loyal and Radical Interest Groups, among other enhancements
New Political Movements panel giving you a breakdown of supporting Interest Groups, Agitators, and Pops
New Revolution map marker and visuals
New Law group: Land Reform
New Church & State Law: State Atheism
New Distribution of Power Laws: Single-Party State, Technocracy
New Economic System Law: Industry Banned
"Petition" Journal Entry lets Interest Groups in government encourage the passing of their desired laws
Country border rework for France, Algiers, parts of Africa and Germany
8 new Achievements

Improvements

Added a "Supported Law Cancelled" modifier that radicalizes a placated movement when their law enactment is cancelled
Political Movements can no longer become revolutionary without the support of an Interest Group
Added an effect to create more radicals from Standard of Living changes when a country has negative Authority
Added Opium growing potential to states in Ottoman Empire, Mexico, New Granada and Van Diemen's Land
Characters are more likely to become opium addicts if their culture is obsessed with opium
Freed Afro-American/Caribbean/Brazilian etc. nations now get an event that ensures slavery is almost always abolished in their nation
Added Coal and Gold potential to Morocco and the Sahara to account for historic coal and silver fields
Added Whaling Station potential to a few states around the world based on historic catch data
Buildings with low cash reserves, at least 10% employment, and low profits will now avoid hiring more employees, as this would often result in those employees then being fired a few weeks later
Female leaders of Interest Groups will now only show up after Women's Suffrage is passed (unless they are generated by special content such as the struggle for said suffrage), to better reflect historical disenfranchisement of women in politics
Base enactment time of various law groups adjusted to match new 3-phase enactment system
Populated the database with historical Scandinavian IG leaders, admirals, and generals
Haitian and Dominican population numbers and cultures have been updated to better reflect the situation in 1836
Updated population numbers in Belgium and the Netherlands to be more historically accurate
Montenegro has been shrunk even more to better reflect 1836 borders
Russian generals now have defined ideologies and interest groups
Updated the names and locations of hubs in Japan, Sakhalin and Taiwan to be more historically accurate
Revised the starting setup around the Lower Niger River and Mozambique
Auto expanding buildings will no longer evaluate the length of the construction queue but only check that Cash Reserves and Market Access are above 95%

AI

Fixed a bug that was preventing some AIs with high budget surpluses from constructing high-priority government buildings such as Construction Sectors
AI (and Autonomous Investment) is now much more averse to overbuilding in states that don't have the infrastructure to support it
AI (and Autonomous Investment) will no longer continue to build railway buildings in states that have full market access but no workforce to support new buildings
AI is now better at prioritizing universities and innovation generation, particularly at using the more advanced University PMs
AI now has a greater tendency to make 'return state' wargoals into primary wargoals, particularly in cases when they're trying to complete a journal entry
Fixed an issue where the AI would repeatedly declare and then break rivalries
AI is now less inclined to seize Treaty Ports without having a strong reason to want them
AI is now more keen to rival countries back if they don't have the Conciliatory attitude
Peace evaluation AI no longer considers already enforced war goals as missed opportunities

Balance

Greatly expanded weights for when pops will join Political Movements independently of their Interest Groups
Monarchs and heirs now have a variety of factors affecting which Interest Group they are aligned with
Non-Commander characters are now less likely to become Wounded
Reduced the chance of Bankrolling giving you an obligation each week from 1% to 0.2%
Increased the number of radicals generated when conquering states that are not both homelands and a claim of the conqueror
Caudillismo ideology now favors Presidential Republic
Corn Laws now requires significantly expensive grain prices, and grants a Market Liberal Landowner Agitator rather than an IG leader
Landowner and Industrialist characters are more likely to have Expensive Tastes
Officers now gain Political Strength from the Autocracy law
Raised maximum personality traits for characters to 2 and reduced maximum skill traits for characters to 2
Council Republic now gets some Legitimacy from share of votes
Presidential Republic now gets a Legitimacy bonus for having head of state in government, but slightly less legitimacy from share of votes
Pops working in Subsistence Buildings now have the impact of Expected Standard of Living from Literacy greatly decreased
Reduced tech costs in era 4 and 5 to make it not quite so difficult to reach endgame tech
British East India now starts with railways technology
Interest Groups will now have a slightly higher tendency to support political movements if an Agitator of that interest group is supporting the political movement
Support for Multiculturalism is now found in the Humanitarian ideology
Various personality traits are now incompatible with each other
Added Logging Camp potential to Connecticut
Significantly reduced the speed at which characters gain skill traits over time, particularly if they are exiles or commanders in the recruitment pool
Several more building types are now subject to Dangerous Working Conditions
Adjusted pop attraction for the Devout Interest Group
Muslim characters are now less likely to become Alcoholics
Radical ideology no longer has a stance on Citizenship laws
Sepoy Mutiny is now a normal Diplomatic Play rather than an instant war
Industrial Barriers event now targets only notable minorities
Reduced throughput modifier on "Industrial Safety Slowdowns" from 50% to 10%
Changed the requirements of The Gamble to require multiple Interest Groups in government

Art

Added an option to enable an alternate occupation visual (stripes instead of flags) under Game settings
Added visual planes flying over the military units for the Aerial Reconnaissance production method
Military visual effects overhaul
Children now wear unique age-appropriate clothing
Heirs in monarchies are no longer bald and clean-shaven throughout their entire lives
Revised clothing weighting so children do not wear clothes that clip through their bodies
Tweaked pollution VFX
Louis Delescluze is now prohibited from wearing hats
Added Garibaldi's red shirts as dynamic soldier and officer pop clothing
Added a late-game uniform variant for the United States

Interface

Updated the Law tab, Law Group panel, and the Law Enactment outliner item with the improved Law Enactment system
Attached the associated Law enactment events to the Law enactment item in the outliner for much better visibility and feedback
Attached the associated Revolution events to the Revolutionary Political Movement item in the outliner for much better visibility and feedback
Improved the layout of the Interest Group panel
More informative tooltips for Political Movements and Revolutions
Combined Radicals and Loyalists graphs into one and make sure to always show this graph instead of the old one
Reworked the Law Enactment popup to actually be readable now
Added the outcome of the Law Enactment checkpoint to the Law Enactment event that spawned because of it for better feedback of what has happened
Added a State Construction Summary Map Marker for when there is more than one Building being actively expanded in a State, to reduce the amount of Construction Map Markers covering the map
Sort the entire Modifier databases to make tooltips more readable throughout the entire game
Added more information of any supported Political Movements on the Interest Groups themselves and their tooltips
Added the State's urbanization value to State tooltip and Urban Center building tooltip
Made several changes and tweaks to Alerts and Current Situation items to make them less spammy and more informative, including deactivating a few and moving their information to more appropriate places throughout the UI
Added functionality to unhide all Important Actions you have previously hidden
Added button to 'hide' an Important Action in the Current Situation window
Improved the Pop Support tooltip for politically inactive and total support number
Improved the Reform Government suggested options buttons and make it clearer which one is currently selected
Potential time-out results of Journal Entries can now be seen at the bottom of the corresponding Journal Entry panel if it has any
Added background colors for Journal Entry completion and failure effects
New game concept 'Neutral' has been added to explain the middle step of Loyalism/Radicalism better
Renamed Politically Inactive to Politically Unaligned to better describe what it means
Fixed an issue where a save made in the observer mode would look broken in the launcher
Fixed that the white peace button would always appear as if the AI would not accept it
Added Trade Route size trend indicator to the Trade Route list items
Liberate Country wargoal will now highlight the country being liberated on the map
Character tooltips have been updated with all relevant information for Agitators and Political Movements
Made the subtitles of all left side panels be consistent and have go-to buttons to relevant things if possible
Added the government/opposition stance to the top of Interest Groups' tooltips
Improved the tooltip for Research Queued
Right click menus are now accessible for all characters since there can be character interactions available for foreign characters or characters that are in the exile pool
Map interactions for Buildings you cannot expand further now have the padlock status and are not moved to the Unavailable Options list
Map interactions for Decrees are now default sorted by state name
Map interactions for Diplomatic Actions are now default sorted by country name
Map interactions status checkmark + red cross was removed from the UI and is now displayed as just a red cross
Map interactions status were reworked to prevent items from jumping from Available to Unavailable options in most cases
Added Expected Standard of Living to the State Standard of Living tooltip
Added Fancy Tooltip for Battle Conditions
Added Important Action for States with a high amount of Pops living under their Expected Standard of Living
Sort Decisions that can be taken on top of the Decision list
Migration Target Map Markers are now visible when zoomed further out
Cut down the amount of decimals for several Modifiers in order to make them more readable
Show Acceptance description for Citizenship and Church and State laws at the top of those Law tooltips
Show number of Battalions that can be Mobilized at the top of the Army Model and Internal Security Law tooltips
Reverse the order of the Ideology stances in the Ideology tooltip to show the Laws that Ideology approve of before the ones they disapprove of
Added Expected Standard of Living to the State Standard of Living tooltip
Players can now pin any market they desire to the outliner in the market panel
Improved map list panel for rivalry action
Added DLC icons with activation status and Steam store links to the main menu
Improved the Character right-click menu
Moved the "This option will be auto-picked" icon to the other side of the button in order to make it easier to get into the nested tooltip for that option
State Traits now shown as Map Markers in the Production Lens
Unrealized Taxes breakdown now shown in the Budget Panel
Interest Groups that support a Law are now shown on the first level of the Law tooltip
Fixed a bug where maplist highlight was not removed on mouse leave
The GDP chart now shows Yearly GDP instead of Weekly GDP, matching what's shown in the topbar
Empty values in initial land/naval battle size tooltips are now omitted
Fixed that an observer would see the game over screen if the country that they are observing was annexed
Improved the Current Situation for low standard of living
Made the Election panel handle more than 3 Parties
Trimmed recruitable commander tooltip
The 'Gold Reserves' widget in the budget panel is no longer empty when you have no gold reserves, instead just showing an empty bar
Removed (almost) unused highlight from Technologies
Added new background to map list options
Fix sidebar from opening too eagerly in some languages

Narrative Content

New dynastic Ideologies for France: Orleanist, Legitimist, and Bonapartist
New Ideologies: Positivist, Luddite, Socialist
Added Humanitarian, Protectionist, Jacksonian Democrat, and Authoritarian leader ideologies Socialist Ideology is now added to the Trade Unions after researching Socialism
Journal Entries are now inherited by a victorious revolution, meaning that JEs such as China's 'Fragile Unity' will not be abruptly ended if the Qing government is overthrown in a revolution
Major revisions to the Journal Entries surrounding German Unification. The process of annexing German minors through Customs Unions has been removed, and instead the JEs much more closely follow the historical narrative, starting with the Schleswig-Holstein question and allowing for annexation of North/South German minors only on the completion of the German Leadership War
Implemented a journal entry and variety of events for nihilist movements
Updated and expanded the Belle Époque journal entry
Nihilists now support State Atheism
Added Ruhr State Region
Added Rhineland releasable nation
Made Grand Exhibition more playable, removed inconsistencies, provided bonus to techs researched during the Journal Entry
Added events that retire agitators that no longer serve a purpose
Added events about the passing of Land Ownership laws
Added events about the passing of Industry Banned laws
Added some agitators present at game start
Added several events that allow for interaction with exiles
Added events that fire when you have an ongoing revolution
Added Franco-Provencal culture
Added additional character traits
Reduced the frequency of the 'Arming the Natives' Patagonia event, but made the effects more impactful.
Added Savoy releasable, for Franco-Provencal lands
Abe Lincoln only appears as an Interest Group leader when he's old enough to be President
Specified Switzerland's religion as Protestant, but gave it more explicitly Catholic leaders as well
Changed "Swiss" culture to "Alemannic", and changed all keys referring to Swiss culture
Converted the French history character file to solely use character templates
Added Flag for the USA if it were to be formed by California
Added new flags for communist California and if California controls Baja California

Performance

Improved performance of tutorial highlights
Map particle optimization

Modding

All logging console commands are now renamed to start with "Logging." and log output in a standardized way
Added Character.IsInExilePool and Character.IsExile for gui and loc scripting
Added new effect exile_character
Added new effect remove_character_role
Added the ability to scope to a character's home country (as opposed to their current country) via home_country
Added new triggers is_exile and is_in_exile_pool
Added political_movement link from a character to the movement they support and supporting_character link in the other direction
Ideologies can now have a priority value set, which determines which ideology is used when two non-leader ideologies have a stance on the same law group
Added a has_template trigger that can be used on characters to check if they are a certain template
Added new gui and loc script functions to access an exile's home country and interest group type
The trigger is_interest_group_type can now also be used in character scope (this is useful for exiles)
Added scripted weight ai_enact_weight_modifier to laws that allows direct modification of the AI's weight to enact that law
Added an on_action for when a law enactment a political movement supports is cancelled
Added a cancel_enactment effect
Added new trigger can_ruler_have_command to determine if a ruler can be granted command of the country's armies
New triggers investment_pool_net_income & investment_pool_gross_income
ordered_preferred_law scriptlist for laws sorted by scoped Interest Group approval
Added a console logging command for concluded battles
Added number of buildings, total building levels, and number of global unemployed pops to world population log
Added a has_monarch_ideology scripted trigger
land_hq trigger can now also be called in state scope

Bugfixes

It is no longer possible to recruit Commanders to temporary HQs
Fixed many instances where population, loyalists, or radicals values could overflow
Fixed labels for Tax Types in the Population Overview panel
Fixed a bug where Serfdom only unlocks Serfdom PM options rather than automatically enforce it
A war goal that has already been enforced (due to capitulation) can no longer be pressed again in peace deals.
Fixed a bug that allowed to exceed a building's max level cap
The Regime Change wargoal should now correctly create a government that has at least one shared Interest Group with the wargoal holder and force them to re-evaluate their political strategy shortly after being enforced
Alerts referring to wars will now open the correct panel when clicked rather than do nothing
Made loyalists and radicals tooltip numbers be red and green as intended
Insubordinate Jingoist event now adds tension instead of creating a native uprising
Rubber plantations are now affected by the Encourage Resource state decree
Fixed a crash where the game would try to reset script variables in a read-only (invalid) scoped object.
Subject countries can now only support their overlord as a unification candidate
The lower bound for throughput bonus is now -1 (in other words no throughput at all), rather than throughput bonus being capped to only positive values
Reduced Whaling Stations mortality
Fixed several bugs in the Internal Security laws
Fixed overflow of party name on Interest Group panel
Fixed issues that could happen during clean up of a commander's orders
German States will no longer be forced into Hannover's market if they left before Victoria comes to power
Honorable Restoration JE now requires that Japan is a monarchy
Rogue Imperialist and Colonial Clash events can now trigger only once per country
Fixed the potential crash-to-desktop on game exit when the save game window was open
Feminism and Patriarchal Suffrage now have their stances on Rights of Women/Free Speech override any stance from base ideologies, such as Liberal
Fixed an issue that prevented Unification play from being launched if all potential targets were in a Customs Union
Battle modifiers for captured provinces and recovery rate now work correctly
People's Springtime.5 event can no longer apply to the same state twice, and now applies only to incorporated states
Renamed the Maures culture to Bidan, and changed cultural traits to fit history more accurately.
Fixed a bug where buildings that have not been constructed yet would show an alert for being unable to hire
Scripted army_size link no longer includes conscripts by default, which should fix tutorial and the assumptions behind several AI scripts (new link army_size_including_conscripts now covers the previous use case)
Several missing or wrong UI highlights during the Tutorial have been fixed
Added the correct Interest Group tooltip for Interest Group buttons everywhere
Removed the in-government icon from the Interest Group icon on the Interest Group tooltip due to clipping
Fixed various small localization errors (spelling, grammar, phrasing etc.) across a number of game concepts
Changed the Naval Invasion Battle panel subtitle to mention Naval Invasion instead of battle
Assassination events now correctly invalidate if the assassin's target dies from other causes
Fixed loc string for modifier_unit_supply_consumption_mult
Romania is no longer a valid country for secessionists
Tanzimat: Suppress Separatism now fails with over 50% secession progress
Fixed an issue where the "show invalid savegames" checkbox had no effect.
Fixed a bug where bankrolling pacts would be cancelled unexpectedly
Fixed a bug where new traits for characters were not updated until game reload
Fixed a bug where occupying a province with connection via strait to an isolated island could cause split occupation
Fixed an issue when after researching quinine colony progress speed wasn't updated
Fixed a bug where countries without elections had no last reform date saved
add_pollution effect now displays correct amount of pollution
Characters in the "void" no longer gain skill traits over time
Turkestan now counts the state of Ili in the list of possible states to form Turkestan in
Releasing Transcaucasia no longer requires Yemen to be released
Removed duplicate modifiers for Livestock Ranch throughput modifiers
"Dangerous Equipment" and all other pm_events now have a five year cooldown
Option C of the "Kindly Burn this Letter" event no longer throws endless errors.
Removed NULL_OBJ from the name of goldrush.5
Sepoy Mutiny no longer leaves states unincorporated for the EIC once defeated
Sepoy Mutiny no longer results in the EIC having two annex wargoals
bic_breakup.1 event no longer fires every month when its conditions are satisfied
bic_breakup.1 event now properly switches the Devout to the Hindu Priesthood in the pan-nationalist option
Fixed several bugs in the Child Labour events
Resolved several issues in the Psychology event chain
Added missing icon to the Marginalized concept tooltip
Rhode Island forestry hub now has a name
Fixed an issue where the load savegame confirmation window would remain opened outside the load game view.
Fixed an issue with the Nicaragua, Tripoli and Cauca Treaty Ports not being properly defined
Fixed a bug where the Opium Wars victory event could display without a title
Fixed some instances in which tutorial lessons could end up referring to a null object
Fixed a bug where the custom German flags based on different unifiers would not work if NGF/SGF was formed on the way to becoming Germany
italian_unification.1.b now uses the correct loc key
Fixed an issue that led to scope problems in expedition conclusion events

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Reduced the chance of Bankrolling giving you an obligation each week from 1% to 0.2%

I can swear it's how it was 1.2, at least the game said it worked this way.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

It's good that they're fixing the AI deathspiral of overbuilding way past a state's capacity and the stream of unemployed railroads trying to correct it.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Wait, why can't Louis Delescluze have a hat

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Communist Thoughts posted:

A LOT of the game is just clicking a new building on the production window every 60-120 seconds

Yeah I feel a little let down because this is what it feels like once you’re established. Besides construction and passing laws, the meat on the bone seems a little thin. Not really sure what would be good to add that wouldn’t feel like an after-thought stapled on feature, but I hope they have something in the pipeline.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I think one thing that might help, and that is grounded in history, is that industrialization and the economic and military might it leads to should create tension between great powers. I’d love to see more reactivity in the international arena, simply.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Star posted:

I think one thing that might help, and that is grounded in history, is that industrialization and the economic and military might it leads to should create tension between great powers. I’d love to see more reactivity in the international arena, simply.

Treaties which limit army/navy force limits, upon pain of infamy/embargo, should be a thing after certain technological milestones. Either as something you can enforce via peace deal or a multilateral agreement between Great Powers. Something to include with eventual proper Scramble for Africa mechanics, hopefully.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Star posted:

As it is right now, the AI isn't aggressive enough as per history in terms of seeking greater supply (meaning expanding stuff to get cheaper stuff) while also securing demand. That, by itself, would lead to conflict pretty much naturally.

One thing that comes to mind is that can be forced (and it would be proper) by having the equivalent of dorf fortress' noble demands. A group of Concerned Industrialists coming to the cabinet room, stern faces and worried brows, saying that industrial growth of [somecountry] is eating into our export share, that we need access to larger and more abundant sources of raw materials and this government must seize the opportunity into Africa and Asia because otherwise we are going to be speaking some foreign language in less than a decade, etc

Of course, that's just a raw idea, because if I am imagining things right, to workshop this would require further development. Like having to measure capitalist profitability among those pops in a country against the others elsewhere in proportion to their global market share, which whew. But having a "We Demand Imperialism" political factor and active demand might be a great friction incentive to make things more electric

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!
IGs having foreign policy agendas is definitely one of my biggest wishlist items. Having ideologies also affect their approval of the wargoals you set and achieve (or fail to) would be pretty cool.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Is there any way to click a front and order armies to move there? Usually I have to select the army (from a list that takes a long time to scroll through and doesn't remember where I was on the list) and then click on a front on a map or pick from a list of fronts with really unhelpful names. And am I right that there are no keyboard shortcuts for advancing or defending on a front?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

24 hours deep since Wednesday evening, so gonna say it's a good purchase. One question - building either seems extremely slow or extremely expensive - should I focus on building up iron, coal, steel, etc and start domestically producing stuff I have shortages of, or is it more important to replace all the subsistence farms with better agriculture ASAP?

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

You should think of subsistence farms as your worker pool. They're better than unemployed but they basically don't contribute to the economy.

Food is relatively cheap and easy to import. It is also a big part of poor strata expenses, but I think it's easier to improve their conditions by making clothes and furniture cheaper. I'd recommend working on producing that.

Of course there are no wrong answers, you can probably get by only having farms, but I feel like "default" path is industrialising, exploiting all of your natural resources and stuff you can produce from it, and only care about agriculture products when their price is too high, and even then it's easier to buy from less industrialised countries.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

ilitarist posted:

You should think of subsistence farms as your worker pool. They're better than unemployed but they basically don't contribute to the economy.

Food is relatively cheap and easy to import. It is also a big part of poor strata expenses, but I think it's easier to improve their conditions by making clothes and furniture cheaper. I'd recommend working on producing that.

Of course there are no wrong answers, you can probably get by only having farms, but I feel like "default" path is industrialising, exploiting all of your natural resources and stuff you can produce from it, and only care about agriculture products when their price is too high, and even then it's easier to buy from less industrialised countries.

Alright, cheers! Settled in to playing as Colombia, so there's plenty of iron, coal, and timber knocking about, but not starting off with much (or anything) - agriculture can be the private sector's problem until I invent communism

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

Ah yes, another issue with agriculture is that it will be owned by aristocrats, they get more money and power and then they'll block any law change because they like Feudalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

ilitarist posted:

Ah yes, another issue with agriculture is that it will be owned by aristocrats, they get more money and power and then they'll block any law change because they like Feudalism.

True, but a brief civil war to gently caress off slavery and then the landowner's power goes way down. The Church is a far bigger problem. But we'll see how far I get before the patch!