Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The secret tunnels underneath Lookout Point require approx a dozen rock hammers at minimum and are clearly geared towards letting people clear it piece by piece.

Meanwhile I just started destroying fused material in order to make more rock hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

The secret tunnels underneath Lookout Point require approx a dozen rock hammers at minimum and are clearly geared towards letting people clear it piece by piece.

Meanwhile I just started destroying fused material in order to make more rock hammers.

I usually been finding conveniently buried claymores and rocks nearby to keep my expedition going.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
I got, like 2 dozen time bombs from a gotcha machine and now I have zero time bombs and less other materials, but I sure got to the end of that cave.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FrickenMoron posted:

Where do I find the Light Dragon again? I need scales etc. but it's the only one I can't find again.

North half of the map, very wide patrol zone

Just warp around a lot until you figure out the path

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

I usually been finding conveniently buried claymores and rocks nearby to keep my expedition going.

Yeah, there are ample weapons and stray rocks to make hammers with.

What you want is the two-hander blades, so you can hold attack and spin-to-win your way through as a whirling dervish of demolition.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Adequate_Scott/status/1659620793364430872?s=20

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, I explored the mines a little bit more and found more zonaite, but it's still not the bounties people have been hyping at. At least it's pretty clear you should just use the 15 Large Zonaite->1/3 of a battery and leave the base one for building. And Kohga gives 1/3 per defeat as well or so it seems.

Ended up doing a bit of Zora to get the Zora armor to climb up some waterfalls, managed to get all 13 Ancient Hyrulian tables with plot details not in the memories (incredibly lame the final prize is a paraglider dye) and also cleared up Lurelin Village with the help of 19 Beam Emitters on a bunch of monster seeker stuff. Costs a lot to AutoBuild and drains battery in 3 seconds without Large Charges but goddamn I'm sure it's more DPS than any weapon I have. Now the question is how do I get the 15 logs for rebuilding the village?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
game good and all

but jesus christ I am not a fan of their take on how to design all the optional boss fights, and not just the miniboss big boys but dragons/refights

let's inflate their health to an obnoxious degree and also have their attacks more or less universally oneshot you unless you really stacked your health

good lord

in other news i found the water temple refight basically immediately after I did it and now wish to put sidon in a fishtank, forever

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

yeah that too, it wasn't enough until you get to the motherload.

The bone boss in the middle drops like 7-8 weapons.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Gamerofthegame posted:

game good and all

but jesus christ I am not a fan of their take on how to design all the optional boss fights, and not just the miniboss big boys but dragons/refights

let's inflate their health to an obnoxious degree and also have their attacks more or less universally oneshot you unless you really stacked your health

good lord

in other news i found the water temple refight basically immediately after I did it and now wish to put sidon in a fishtank, forever

They're meant for the endgame :)

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

FrickenMoron posted:

Where do I find the Light Dragon again? I need scales etc. but it's the only one I can't find again.

uwaeve posted:

If you haven’t done the quest to make it fly lower/land once, it flies a looping path around the surface map way high up (2500 of whatever the coordinate systems unit is). The only place where I found it possible to get to it early game is going to Nachoya shrine on the starting island, and looking to the east. From there it should be climbing slightly to meet you and you can engineer yourself an encounter. I don’t know if you can straight glide onto it due to the distance before it climbs, then the elevation when it’s closer, I wound up using one of the gliders on the island. Takes 2 hours actual time to make a circuit, time skipping doesn’t move it along. Once you’re on, if you leave the game running for two hours, the path will be saved to your hero’s path so you have an in-game map of sorts. Having a number of sky shrines/fast travel locations should let you pop around and look (usually up) to see where it’s at, then you can sort of estimate when to get in position. The render distance isn’t stellar so it sometimes pops in nowhere near the furthest sky islands you can see, for instance. You can pin it. The pin won’t move with it, but you can see where it is on the x-y plane on the map as of when you dropped the pin.

Link to map.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It’s crazy how the whole narrative really just falls apart at Hyrule Castle, at least it did for me? I was already tired of the same Sage speeches, but the Zombiedorf hologram gloating about how he tricked me with his fake Zelda despite having already seen the memories, then showing me his “new world” of 100 hinoxes frollicking in a field really pushed it over the edge. Ganon is just less and less threatening the more he talks, but I did appreciate his donation of five Demon King bows to the cause of beating him

The mystery of the fifth sage, who link already knows about from the memories and sky stelae was also not great

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I still haven't found a gacha/gumball machine that gives homing robots, lasers, or cannons :(

Also I'm leaning on the side of some enemies have too much HP even with decent weapons, I've been fighting Lynels to upgrade the Barbarian set and I made a whopping 127 power weapon and it still broke before I killed a white mane

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

game good and all

good lord

Lol I was wondering if they even bothered beefing them up outside of gloom damage because they all died even faster than their OGs

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lakbay posted:

I still haven't found a gacha/gumball machine that gives homing robots, lasers, or cannons :(

Also I'm leaning on the side of some enemies have too much HP even with decent weapons, I've been fighting Lynels to upgrade the Barbarian set and I made a whopping 127 power weapon and it still broke before I killed a white mane

Always been the case. Farming Lynels in BOTW meant running around to grab several royal claymores and using them up in 1-2 fights.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

pentyne posted:

Protip: use a zionai cannon

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Even with this flight path I cant seem to find it again, ugh. Chasing dragons was more reliable in BOTW for sure.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
That fight to help the Deku Tree, holy poo poo that was the toughest thing I've done in the game so far. Thankfully I had a bow with 50 attack power, and I just kept on attaching powerful objects to my arrows, and I eventually got it after dying several times

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

game good and all

good lord

there's a lynel fight gimmick you can do with a weapon that doubles it's damage when it is low on weapon health, combined with the fact that no weapons take weapon damage while you are riding the lynel and hitting them on the back

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

That fight to help the Deku Tree, holy poo poo that was the toughest thing I've done in the game so far. Thankfully I had a bow with 50 attack power, and I just kept on attaching powerful objects to my arrows, and I eventually got it after dying several times

I mean yeah it purposefully restricts your space in that fight but nothing's stopping you from Ascending to one of the ledges and spawning a wing to stand on outside of gloom's effect, then just bullet timing on the mean red guy below with a bow until he gets bored and leaves.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

text editor posted:

there's a lynel fight gimmick you can do with a weapon that doubles it's damage when it is low on weapon health, combined with the fact that no weapons take weapon damage while you are riding the lynel and hitting them on the back

What is this feature? I keep seeing modifiers to the weapons but there's never any numbers so I kind of assumed it was only a slight increase or something, but if you're telling me, for example, the zora spear does 2x damage in rainy weather holy poo poo do I need to reassess my weapon options.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

pentyne posted:

What is this feature? I keep seeing modifiers to the weapons but there's never any numbers so I kind of assumed it was only a slight increase or something, but if you're telling me, for example, the zora spear does 2x damage in rainy weather holy poo poo do I need to reassess my weapon options.

yes, same with the rito weapons and midair. all knight's weapons have the low-health effect

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

pentyne posted:

https://game8.co/games/Zelda-Tears-of-the-Kingdom/archives/411871

you'll need to fuse something to it to max its potential damage, push it near the breaking point like the modifier name implies then keep it stash it a spot on you weapon bar and save it for mounting lynels

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Where the heck is the shrine near lurelin village? I searched the entire cave and everywhere around it and couldn't find it.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

FrickenMoron posted:

Even with this flight path I cant seem to find it again, ugh. Chasing dragons was more reliable in BOTW for sure.

Yeah between the render distance and wildly varying altitudes of the sky shrines/teleport points, it can be a pain to find on demand. The map may not be perfect either, I’ve seen variations online. Best advice I have if you have a reasonable spread of sky shrines is probably mess around with something else for 15 minutes and if you make another circuit you’re likely to find it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

uwaeve posted:

Yeah between the render distance and wildly varying altitudes of the sky shrines/teleport points, it can be a pain to find on demand. The map may not be perfect either, I’ve seen variations online. Best advice I have if you have a reasonable spread of sky shrines is probably mess around with something else for 15 minutes and if you make another circuit you’re likely to find it.

Oh my god its so high up, I found it after looking up after every teleport in the sky. The sensor is really useless for the dragons. Also can you really only get one resource per visit aside from the shards that are free to pick up on the back?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I mean yeah it purposefully restricts your space in that fight but nothing's stopping you from Ascending to one of the ledges and spawning a wing to stand on outside of gloom's effect, then just bullet timing on the mean red guy below with a bow until he gets bored and leaves.

I was using ascend there to heal up, but I didn't think of that aspect. I haven't done too much with the zonai devices outside the shrines. I built a vehicle to travel through the depths, but I'd have to give it up whenever I had to scale a wall

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do the uncorrupted weapons held by the spirits in the depths respawn?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

FrickenMoron posted:

Oh my god its so high up, I found it after looking up after every teleport in the sky. The sensor is really useless for the dragons. Also can you really only get one resource per visit aside from the shards that are free to pick up on the back?

Yeah, the sensor is trash for these.

It’s once every 10 minutes (all the stuff will light up again) so horns, spike, scale are sort of farmable as you can stay with it. Fangs and claws I’ve really only done drive byes on tho.

Here’s the map of the west half from when I rode it for an hour farming stuff before pulling the Master Sword out. You can even see the glide path I took from Nachoya, for which I believe I needed a glider/3fan plane.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Argue posted:

Do the uncorrupted weapons held by the spirits in the depths respawn?

I think literally everything except treasure chests respawn, it's just not 100% clear what the timeline is. Blood Moon is enemy specific this time around, doesn't seem to affect items.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

text editor posted:

Whoa. I sometimes keep about to break weapons to throw at enemies but this is an even better use.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought Prime 2 was better overall

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

uwaeve posted:

If you haven’t done the quest to make it fly lower/land once,

Wait, where is this quest?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kazy posted:

Healing the great deku tree sets its flight path lower and collecting all the dragon tears gets you a cutscene after which you have a small window where it's near the ground and you can dive on top of it

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
What's everyones way of just going straight up with devices? a balloon is just too slow, rockets only have so much power and fans seem to require a huge drain for going straight up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The Grape Sudokutry

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kazy posted:

I haven't done it but the internet leads me to believe it happens as part of cleansing the Great Hyrule Forest north of the castle. I looked it up to see when I could get the Master Sword and it seemed very involved and I'm very impatient. The thing that stuck out is that it looks like at exactly one point in that quest and never again does the dragon come to ground level, presumably that's when you'll need to have your stamina sorted out (need at least 5 upgrades for two total full wheels, not counting yellow stamina or recharging) and are "supposed to" grab the Master Sword..

e: the above reply by Mr. Olympus has likely wildly more reliable information fwiw.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I have some questions about dragons in TotK. I got on Nyara's back, hit him and it dropped a scale I think? but it shot into the ground. How are people staying on the back farming? Also are shards used for cooking/armors or are they justa source of good elemental heads? And how do I get Fang/Scale/Horn when I'm on a dragon's back?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

What's everyones way of just going straight up with devices? a balloon is just too slow, rockets only have so much power and fans seem to require a huge drain for going straight up.

Spring stacks are cool for straight up. Also sometimes Ascend just needs you to make a flat base under something so one of those scaffolding hobbies can help. There's one mountain in Akala with an annoying perfect overhang ruin except it's too sloppy to get under it properly but with the spike scaffold I got up to Dinraal marginally faster than climbing lol

The twofanseat vehicle can basically only go up in some wins conditions and if you've got any maneuver room for general going up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Mister Olympus posted:

Healing the great deku tree sets its flight path lower and collecting all the dragon tears gets you a cutscene after which you have a small window where it's near the ground and you can dive on top of it

Oh I've already done both of these and I guess I didn't notice :v: