Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

JustJeff88 posted:

Nice to meet you, Mr GOG

Mr Gog is my husband, call me Ma Gog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ilmucche posted:

Could I get Monaco if that's alright? It seemed kind of interesting

A personal favourite. Just one man's opinion, of course, but I bought the game again on Switch to have it portable.

Escape Goat posted:

I think I'll pass, I don't want that thumbnail staring at me from my games library

I can't fault you on this. I'm embarassed to share the internet with the hypersexed games - I certainly don't want them on my account. Someone bought me a copy of House Party as a gift and I feel like a wanker even though I've never played it. I'd rather have had a digital version of the board game or the 1990 film with Kid & Play.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr Gog is my husband, call me Ma Gog

You're a gog, he's a gog and I'm agog to hear more about your site. I've given you ludicrous amounts of money.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 20, 2023

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

AfricanBootyShine posted:

When did people start calling loosely structured open world games immersive sims. I keep hearing reviewers calling the new Zelda game one as well and it's driving me nuts. :arghfist:

For what it's worth, the better part of a decade ago I was watching Warren Spector shoot the poo poo with some of the other Deus Ex dev team veterans and he mentioned that he thinks Fallout 3/NV are immersive sims or at least adjacent to the genre. While Spector is absolutely full of hot air, his opinion on this matter does carry some weight.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Gun Jam posted:

:siren:Got free keys for:
Tainted Grail: Conquest
Agent in Depth
The Amazing American Circus
Arcade Spirits
Death Squared
Doughlings Arcade
Doughlings Invasion
Guns & Fishes
Hack 'n' Slash
Hyper Gunsport
The Inner World
Lust from Beyond - M Edition
Meow Express
Monaco
Non-Stop Raiders
Orbital Racer
Planet TD
Project Chemistry
Quadrata
Rym 9000
Soul Searching
Soulblight
Stacking
Starfinder Core Rulebook and Starfinder: Junker's Delight (Note - tabletop RPG book!)
stikir
Symmetry
Ticket to Ride
Worms Rumble
X-Morph: Defense Complete Pack
Ultra Street FighterŪ IV
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

May I have Hack 'n' Slash?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

aniviron posted:

For what it's worth, the better part of a decade ago I was watching Warren Spector shoot the poo poo with some of the other Deus Ex dev team veterans and he mentioned that he thinks Fallout 3/NV are immersive sims or at least adjacent to the genre. While Spector is absolutely full of hot air, his opinion on this matter does carry some weight.

And to be fair, the things that Bethesda-era Fallout games are best are the parts it shares with immersive sims. Bethesda is honestly really good at making interesting environments and letting you learn about the lives of minor characters while crawling through their vents. The parts of the games that fail are the RPG mechanics and the writing.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
if any of those are left I'll take a random one, I've only heard of two of them and definitely don't have any of them

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

2house2fly posted:

E: oh yeah, Mass Effect just missing Andromeda

Trust me, you're not missing anything

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

My Spirit Otter posted:

Ill grab delight, if you dont mind

I'm a bit confused about what game you're talking about

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Gun Jam posted:

Might be

quote:

Starfinder Core Rulebook and Starfinder: Junker's Delight (Note - tabletop RPG book!)

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Gun Jam posted:

It was the junkers delight, i just missed the rest of the title and only saw delight(table top rpg book) lol

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

My Spirit Otter posted:

It was the junkers delight, i just missed the rest of the title and only saw delight(table top rpg book) lol

Rats (already gave it - didn't thought you asked for it!).
Sorry for my mistake - you want to settle something else, or shall I find you the starfinder stuff regardless?

Gun Jam fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 20, 2023

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Gun Jam posted:

Rats (already gave it - didn't thought you asked for it!).
Sorry for my mistake - you want to settle something else, or shall I find you the starfinder stuff regardless?

No, no worries, man. I appreciate ya.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Kingdom Rush

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

There's a free demo, but all of the full games seem to be showing up as full price for me?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Holy poo poo, Death Stranding makes my GPU sound like it's about to take off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Oldstench posted:

Holy poo poo, Death Stranding makes my GPU sound like it's about to take off.

The authentic playstation experience.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Just got a new PC. Want to try out all the swanky games. But my internet is so crappy that it's going to take forever to download anything. Fuckin games

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Annoyingly, even though every installer knows how big every game is because they tell you as soon as you click Install, they don't give you the option to sort games by install size. What if I want to download only the smallest games!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

2house2fly posted:

Annoyingly, even though every installer knows how big every game is because they tell you as soon as you click Install, they don't give you the option to sort games by install size. What if I want to download only the smallest games!

Steam let's you know the install size of any game that isnt installed already on their profile in your library. I don't believe that you can sort them by size though.

Edit: I'm talking about the PC app here.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Apparently you can sort them out by size on Steam. I'm not at home to try it out but apparently there is an option to sort by "Size on disk".

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
That option only sorts the games you have installed. Everything not currently installed is at the end of the list in alphabetical order.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
poo poo, with EGS not only do they not tell you the size of the game, they dont even install it under Windows Add/Remove programs (Apps & Features).
Always make me leery of the day they get busted for installing spyware.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

OgNar posted:

I know EGS has a boogie man rep, but this doesn't make sense simply because there is so much loving money invested in EGS for them to knowingly do something to jeopardize it like that. Of course, dumber things happen all the time, but that would be the fastest way to completely kill everything they've invested in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't even uninstall Steam games through Windows, I just do it through the client.

Bottom Liner posted:

I know EGS has a boogie man rep, but this doesn't make sense simply because there is so much loving money invested in EGS for them to knowingly do something to jeopardize it like that. Of course, dumber things happen all the time, but that would be the fastest way to completely kill everything they've invested in.

No you see, they're backed by Tencent, so it's a Chinese plot to spy on us

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

OgNar posted:

poo poo, with EGS not only do they not tell you the size of the game, they dont even install it under Windows Add/Remove programs (Apps & Features).

The add/remove registry has been in various flux states is somewhat working since win95 so I don't really think it's a big deal that EGS doesn't use it, fursonnaly

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't even uninstall Steam games through Windows, I just do it through the client.

No you see, they're backed by Tencent, so it's a Chinese plot to spy on us

It's like your daddy's Yellow Peril, but now it's back and better than ever!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i only accept the proper god-fearing american digital panopticon.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Is free games... worth your freedom?????

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

death stranding is a game about delivering communism from sea to shining sea, of course the perfidious CCP-controlled EGS would want to give it out for free

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

under communism everyone will be required to play Death Stranding

multiple times on multiple platforms

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

roomtwofifteen posted:

under communism everyone will be required to play Death Stranding

multiple times on multiple platforms

already played it on ps4 and pc, pre-emptive thank you to comrade xi for my state-issued ps5

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tunicate posted:

Is free games... worth your freedom?????

At least it's not my email address.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

/check thread, to see if there are some new free games

/suddenly, EGS vs Steam!

/turn back the way I came...

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Turin Turambar posted:

/check thread, to see if there are some new free games

/suddenly, EGS vs Steam!

/turn back the way I came...

all that is old becomes new again

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Games Forum posted:

New Thread Rule:

If a game is free on EGS you can post it absolutely, you can discuss the game, you can enjoy or dislike the game.

You can no longer talk about the pros and cons of EGS. Either make a thread about EGS and discuss it there or try to find the one that used to exist and post there.

No more derails about EGS in this thread.
Thank you kindly all!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay but if you get a game from there you still can't play it

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

site posted:

okay but if you get a game from there you still can't play it

Well, yeah, rules are rules.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
For more corn-fed America news, the symbols for the next free Epic game included a poker chip and a radiation symbol, pointing with cast-iron certainty at Fallout New Vegas

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Shouldn't this be the place to bitch about the EGS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Imo Finnland was robbed and sweden didn't deserve the win