Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

I remember this. You had to modkill me because I refused to post what they were telling me to post. Which might be the player quit you're thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Toalpaz posted:

I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

P1: "im scum"
P2: "lol no really legit scum itt"
P3: "look at this chode town not killing the self proclaimed scum"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I played a game where my vote was controlled by a puppet master and I couldn't mention that I was being controlled.

I got around it by accusing other people of being controlled until folks picked up on it. I enjoyed that little puzzle of figuring out how to get the message across when I couldn't directly state it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

IcePhoenix posted:

I remember this. You had to modkill me because I refused to post what they were telling me to post. Which might be the player quit you're thinking of.

Yes it is, thank you for your service. O7

Squiggly posted:

P1: "im scum"
P2: "lol no really legit scum itt"
P3: "look at this chode town not killing the self proclaimed scum"

That's the long and short of it,

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Yes it is, thank you for your service. O7

That's the long and short of it,

Always glad to help :)

To be fair if the posts had been what Squiggly was suggesting I probably would have begrudgingly gone along with it but I was being told to post weird poo poo entirely unrelated to the game including some weird/gross youtube video so I figured if I was going to die either way I'd rather just not do that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

IcePhoenix posted:

Always glad to help :)

To be fair if the posts had been what Squiggly was suggesting I probably would have begrudgingly gone along with it but I was being told to post weird poo poo entirely unrelated to the game including some weird/gross youtube video so I figured if I was going to die either way I'd rather just not do that.

Good morning, everyone! I'm saying these words of my own volition. I just wanted to take this chance for us to grow as a community and share some of our favorite tunes. This song is an instant classic from my favorite band of all time, and I hope you'll give them a listen. I have intended to write every single word in this post! Well, enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blXhSF72nxs

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One time I had a role that let me force taste to make certain posts but loose wording on the pm lead to him having to make posts praising flo rider in the rap thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Good morning, everyone! I'm saying these words of my own volition. I just wanted to take this chance for us to grow as a community and share some of our favorite tunes. This song is an instant classic from my favorite band of all time, and I hope you'll give them a listen. I have intended to write every single word in this post! Well, enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blXhSF72nxs

yeah exactly, ty

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
there was a game where the role required them to replace out d1 but in reality the replacement ended up being fully controlled by the original player

I replaced in and capps got to fully dictate my every word lol that was a good game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I made a game once where the scumteam were three "skinwalkers" who, if they died in a normal way, could possess a living player and post as them. I only remember Dragnix was so-afflicted, and he didn't care for it. But I enjoyed it, which counts too.

Sometimes we try things and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 2, 2023

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Passage has ended in a town victory, with several 3Ps also achieving win conditions.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Do you want do play in a mafia game equivalent of a summer beach book? Do you like fast games? Do you want to compete for a summer championship? If any of those sound fun, sign up now!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Disney mafia.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031446

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Are you interested in playing a game designed by someone who hasn't moderated a mafia game before?

Have you ever asked yourself "Is a flavor-heavy mafia game based on a Christopher Walken movie a good idea?"

Curious why I asked to IK the thread for my mafia game?

Is "11 players, that's probably a max of like 11 eliminations, it can't take that long!" a compelling selling point?

Are you someone who only reads this thread and not the new game announcement thread or the big "main" Discord?

People are saying:
"You madman" - Maugrim
"Everyone go sign up for cube's game its gonna be awesome" - ANarc
"The OP scared me away" - HCT

If any of that resonates, please sign up to play or observe The Stepford Wives [2004] Mafia, a CubicalSucrose Concoction.

Game has started, observers are expected to have at least as good an experience as the players!

CubicalSucrose fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 11, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
question for debate: do you think mafia players should get paid?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's hard to survive without getting paid, so yes, i hope everyone who plays mafia is being paid.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys aren't getting paid?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

yeah I was explicitly recruited on a PPV (pay-per-vig) basis

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Oh you got cheated there, my sponsors pay me per vote. Why do you think I always look so scummy? Gotta make rent. I'm also working as an independent journalist covering mafia games.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I get paid for playing Mafia sometimes, but that's just when our workload dries out :V

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I get paid to not play, it's a good gig

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

question for debate: do you think mafia players should get paid?

As the best paid mafia player in the world, I-

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Shellception posted:

I get paid for playing Mafia sometimes, but that's just when our workload dries out :V

Ha, same!

....I need to remember to do the "playing Mafia" part more often though, lately :v:

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Just need one more player for https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031313!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

F11 Race 1 has ended in a Town victory!!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Touhou Jinrou ~ Erratic Alibi in Paradise has ended in a SCUM victory with a personal orthowin on the side!! Thanks to everyone who played.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I guess I didn’t advertise my game in this thread yet

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031843&perpage=40&noseen=1

Cultist Simulator mafia, flavour heavy, lots of day and night action

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

F11 Race 2 has ended in a Town victory!
Current standings:
  1. MockingQuantum
  2. Sandwolf
  3. Voodoofly
  4. JosefStalinator
  5. Tired Moritz
  6. SporkChan
  7. Idle Amalgam
  8. Mr. Humalong
  9. Grandicap
  10. Hal Insandenza
  11. Your Personal Muse

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
The Stepford Wives [2004] Mafia - A CubicalSucrose Concoction has ended with a Hyper Crab Tank victory!

Thanks and apologies to all players and observers.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

that was a fun game cube

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

that was a fun game cube

Yeah! Look forward to more games from you in the future Cubical.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Come join The Egyptian Job, a mostly standard mafia game with a bit of weirdness.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Cluedo Mafia (15 player, item-based role-madness-adjacent) is now taking signups: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4032293

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
setup idea: CYOR but you don't actually choose your role just your flavor's name and you also have to draw a picture for it and then the mod looks at the picture and name and comes up with a role for it, so i guess it would be CYOOC

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Snooze Cruise posted:

setup idea: CYOR but you don't actually choose your role just your flavor's name and you also have to draw a picture for it and then the mod looks at the picture and name and comes up with a role for it, so i guess it would be CYOOC

Yeah but you post them in thread so everybody WIFOMs about which ones look evil

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
My drawing skills are scummy though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We had a couple Drawfias that were kind of like that

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

F11 Race 3 has ended in a Town victory!