Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

To be fair... posted:

I hear putin still sucks and probably poo poo his pants.

My sources are telling me he's a real piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1660169855780126720
More of the usual being sent in the upcoming aid package.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Der Kyhe posted:

NATO please do not liberate Karjala and hand it back to us, make them go independent or something.

We really do not need a providence with million Russian refugees living in places where regular maintenance ended in 1944.

Yes, and furthermore send everyone who has unironically said "return Karelia" to live there and never let them leave. We would immediately get rid of like 45% of the True Finns' voter base.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/IuliiaMendel/status/1660173424981942272
:pressf:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

That's it. I'm going over there, and I'm taking your nukes. Little boys don't get to have big boy rockets. Only big boys get to have big boy rockets.

Still got my Fat Man, sucker!! :smuggo:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1660074364602073089

lmao the loving pedo is back ticking all the boxes for tankies. This sweaty kiddy fiddler is gross

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1660182211839098880?s=20

He's right about one thing, the town is gone, no matter who plants their flag on the rubble.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I know any somewhat high-profile American willing to take their side is very valuable, and very attractive, to Russia. But I'm honestly surprised. I thought they might draw the line at explicitly promoting (and thus explicitly associating with their cause) a known pedophile.

I doubt pedophilia is any more popular in Russia than it is in the US

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

kronix posted:

This is a great example of tankie brain. We don’t often get cases this advanced.

it's greg of doom. it's also a great example of what happens when you keep obviously very unwell schizos around with 18 hour probes instead of just permabanning them.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

NoiseAnnoys posted:

it's greg of doom. it's also a great example of what happens when you keep obviously very unwell schizos around with 18 hour probes instead of just permabanning them.

They're threadbanned now.

If that's not enough for you, take it somewhere else, please.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yes, and furthermore send everyone who has unironically said "return Karelia" to live there and never let them leave. We would immediately get rid of like 45% of the True Finns' voter base.

I heard some real cool stories about Karjala as a child. It was almost like a magical, biblical place where everyone sang and danced around. I'm only half joking here, my great-grandfather as my father remembers him always sang, with a good voice and a loud one when, as an evacuee, he took my dad with him to the forest to cut down trees, otherwise tend the forest or look for a lost cow or sheep from the farm or whatever.

Even then, they would not have wanted Karelia back because of the destruction that was left behind and what they saw on their brief return there between it being an active warzone.

"A ruskie is always a ruskie even if you bake it(him?) in butter" was a saying I heard during the nineties whenever my grandfather saw some complimenting argument or newspiece on TV on the state of things in then-current day Russia, or the USSR. They were very wary of Russia and for a good reason.

The ones who want Karelia back now are a poo poo crowd.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Play posted:

I know any somewhat high-profile American willing to take their side is very valuable, and very attractive, to Russia. But I'm honestly surprised. I thought they might draw the line at explicitly promoting (and thus explicitly associating with their cause) a known pedophile.

The West is entirely gender-denying, decadent pedophiles though, so it makes sense he would be one.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Horrorosaurus posted:

The ones who want Karelia back now are a poo poo crowd.

...or 80+ years old, realistically 85+ if you only count those who have any recollection of their life and home in Karelia before being forced to become refugees and relocate to other parts of the country.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Disco Pope posted:

The West is entirely gender-denying, decadent pedophiles though, so it makes sense he would be one.

With all the Russian officers being blown up in their, now in range, command posts I see a great opportunity for this certified military genius to do his part in the fight against the Collective West.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

thanks, that's all from me. it was just annoying to see people think it was some sort of tankie thing (who super suck, don't get me wrong! gently caress 'em!) when it's more just a notorious bad poster/alt thing.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tai posted:

lmao the loving pedo is back ticking all the boxes for tankies. This sweaty kiddy fiddler is gross

Russian woman: "Bozhe moi it's American pedarest Scott Ritter hide the children!!!"

Scott Ritter: *soyjack* "loving America I'm being cockblocked because of their warmongering"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Play posted:

They are not adopting him like he's Steven Seagull or Gérard Depardieu or something. Media does interviews with garbage people like the Taliban or Charles Manson all the time. If anything, it's actually a favorable look for them cause a core Russian propaganda narrative is that the west is extremely tolerant or even supportive of pedophilia and grooming. Ritter being a minor tankie/chud celebrity in the west fits that narrative.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I hope Zelensky enjoys his short but intense visit to Japan.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1660240091980222465
Clever, but not good enough.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

GABA ghoul posted:

They are not adopting him like he's Steven Seagull or Gérard Depardieu or something. Media does interviews with garbage people like the Taliban or Charles Manson all the time. If anything, it's actually a favorable look for them cause a core Russian propaganda narrative is that the west is extremely tolerant or even supportive of pedophilia and grooming. Ritter being a minor tankie/chud celebrity in the west fits that narrative.

I mean.

Epstein.

Republicans.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Play posted:

I hate to stereotype but it seems like every US American who moves to Russia is nazi/sex pest/nazi sex pest

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hate to stereotype but it seems like every US American who moves to Russia is nazi/sex pest/nazi sex pest

Excuse me, I am sure you meant: traditional values that the decadent west is suppressing. :byodood:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As an American why would you move to Russia unless you were a total reject with literally nowhere else to go without ending up in jail

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I mean a lot of the people tankies idolise have some lovely history so....

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tarquinn posted:

Excuse me, I am sure you meant: traditional values that the decadent west is suppressing. :byodood:

Always, and I mean always, ask these so-called champions of traditional values what good their traditional values have done for anyone, and watch them devolve into a sputtering mess.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

This weekend it has been insufferable to watch every goddamn social media explode with the "I am not cheering for Russia but..." and "lol NATO-failures Ukraine lost Bakhmut they are losing the war" smoothbrains crawling out of the woodwork to celebrate their little Pyrrhic victory.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
The pace of the new tanks and equipment must be really frustrating for Ukraine.

"We could counterattack now, but we'll save lives if we wait for the Bradleys."

"Ok counterattack would be successful, but exponentially more successful with the leopards joining the fight, wait for that group to finish training"

"Counter attack now would roll them to the border but we can protect even more lives if we have those fighter jets up and running..."

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

bird with big dick posted:

How’s everyone doing in here? Good?

I'm doin alright.

There's some wild rear end poo poo going down in ukraine though.

Real talk: does everyone remember that early fall footage from ukraine? I keep thinking about how loving windy it looked. Every day everywhere with 50degree temps and windy as gently caress. Must have been so cold. I just remember thinking no one was talking about the wind chill. Whoops, I think I took too much edible.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Judge Schnoopy posted:

"Ok counterattack would be successful, but exponentially more successful with the leopards joining the fight, wait for that group to finish training"

"Counter attack now would roll them to the border but we can protect even more lives if we have those fighter jets up and running..."

Even more pathetic is the fact that they may be waiting for the US to decide if they're gonna default or not; not to sound US-centric but it may not bode well for Ukraine to start a counteroffensive when a major supplier for your war effort is suddenly out of money for who knows how long.

June 1st is the imaginary line in the sand that Janet Yellen has speculated on, maybe once we're past that newly self-generated crisis the Republicans have decided is Biden/Democrat's fault Ukrainians can continue to fight for the sovereignty they already had in the first place.

I bet that's not coincidental on McCarthy's part, either- their past performance has proven that the GQP is far more in Putin's corner than they are in Ukraine's, or even the US for that matter.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Tarquinn posted:

I think it's great we keep the nutjobs around.

It's just good planning.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
:hmmyes: It's what keeps the engagement numbers up

Judge Schnoopy posted:

It's such a shitshow. Even assuming there were really 0 spare stock, they made about 1000 M1 tanks per year during peace-time production runs, so that's how much could've been ready now. But instead after arguing over red lines for a year, they ordered... 31 tanks and the rest are scraps from barely-functional EU militaries.

It'll take however long it takes to kick the russians out but what's with these half-assed measures.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Tai posted:

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

steinrokkan posted:

As an American why would you move to Russia unless you were a total reject with literally nowhere else to go without ending up in jail

My wife is Russian and she is here getting her PHD through the Fulbright program. When she finishes she has to go back to Russia for two full years before she can come back to the States. Our plan before the war was for her to go back when she finishes her degree, I would go over six months later spend a year there and then come home, she would follow six months later. Now we have hired a lawyer and are in the process of applying for a waiver so she doesn't have to go. According to new Russian laws she is a foreign agent and there is no way to know if the Russian government has a case against her until she goes back. She has posted on social media about certain things, and we have donated money to different charities so there is a chance that it might be difficult if we go there.

Edited to change some of the details.

South fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 21, 2023

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

A post

Does "when she finishes" (her PHD) mean there's no set time limit on finishing, and therefore needing to go back to Russia?

Could she then apply for US citizenship in the meantime, so she can then ignore Russia until a new regime comes in that reverses Putin's insanity, and then

IANAL

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 21, 2023

Lunitica
Jan 1, 2007

South posted:

My wife is Russian and she is here getting her PHD through the Fulbright program. When she finishes she has to go back to Russia for two full years before she can come back to the States.

If you are a US citizen she needs to apply for her Permanent Residence

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

scott ritter looking to become their next Beria

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MurphyAJC/status/1660039978238328836

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lmaoooo

Oh no! Anyways,

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/ABeardedPanda/status/1659758027388633096?s=20

This would explain why there are so many pictures of not-Ukraine claiming to be secret NATO bases destroyed by Russian missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

South posted:

My wife is Russian and she is here getting her PHD through the Fulbright program. When she finishes she has to go back to Russia for two full years before she can come back to the States.

My father got a waiver to stay in the US despite the Fulbright rules (and with a much less convincing reason than your wife), but that was 40 years ago. Hopefully it's still possible. Good luck!

EasilyConfused fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 21, 2023