Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The thing is, Breath of the Wild was a post apocalyptic game, taking place 100 years after the calamity. Much of Hyrule's population was wiped out, leaving only a few select pockets of settlements in the distant reaches of the land. They're only just now starting to rebuild, they probably don't have the money to do anything grand. A singular school using prefab materials and one central fort, they're doing pretty good with what they have. The princess was going around spreading her recipes, that consisted of meat, rice, and salt. Things are still pretty bleak for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pro-tips for any flight enthusiasts I've heard or discovered for myself exploring the depths -

1) I've found the bicycle dual fan scooter setup to be a bit better than the segway style one, but it's also quite possible that it's just that I built that one a bit better. Both are good but if you're actually wanting to explore or collect resources, a tricycle of 3 small wheels with a control stick on top is 100x better

2) If you just hit X but don't move from the control stick you won't take damage on the landing, thought this often requires nerves of steel in the Depths, and

3) If you've got a lot of momentum, after you hit X use Recall on your ride then immediately cancel it. It kills all momentum and you'll drop straight down. Has made keeping the same one for awhile a lot easier. You can also do this to cheese some puzzles

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At three beginning of this game I was just trying to survive.

Then I was trying to save the Rito. I've got fifteen hearts now, I've got the master sword, I'm about to save the Goron. I've got armor upgraded three times in a lot of cases and I've got a lot of monster parts to put on my blades.

So I've decided now is the time to take Hyrule back. I'm going to start hunting down these monster camps and breaking up the big ones that go away permanently.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I got way too far into the game without ever finding Hestu so I decided to look up his first location. I was losing my loving mind trying to find him. My five-year-old kept telling me he knew where he was, and I told him it's impossible because I haven't found him yet.

Lo and behold, mother fucker had moved to Lookout Landing because I'd already completed the wind temple. Which, of course, is where my five-year-old had been telling me to go.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Seaniqua posted:

Lo and behold, mother fucker had moved to Lookout Landing because I'd already completed the wind temple. Which, of course, is where my five-year-old had been telling me to go.

Oh, is that what triggers it? I wasn't sure if it was timed or if I'd just blindly missed him there earlier in my desire to get out of there and do more shrine questing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Seaniqua posted:

I got way too far into the game without ever finding Hestu so I decided to look up his first location. I was losing my loving mind trying to find him. My five-year-old kept telling me he knew where he was, and I told him it's impossible because I haven't found him yet.

I spent forever trying to find this mother fucker before doing any temples, before I realized I was looking at a guide for Breath of the Wild :geno:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just found him where I found him last game: by the sudoku tree

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh, is that what triggers it? I wasn't sure if it was timed or if I'd just blindly missed him there earlier in my desire to get out of there and do more shrine questing.

He also goes there if you get like 3 upgrades from him.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... Kilton. Excuse me, sir. How EXACTLY am I supposed to display this?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

More warcrimes

https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1660238631616012291

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Supremezero posted:

... Kilton. Excuse me, sir. How EXACTLY am I supposed to display this?

The hitboxes on those were so weird. I could sort of place my bokoblins on top of the battle Talos .. but only sometimes and with weird gaps and angles.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Please reuse this map one more time and make a game of a non-Link artist who goes around taking pictures to make paintings and sculptures of monsters and cool stuff, eventually building a whole museum and art gallery of Hyrule. Gotta keep ultrahand in some fashion so you can make new sculptures/abominations to photograph and make sculptures of again.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Khanstant posted:

Please reuse this map one more time and make a game of a non-Link artist who goes around taking pictures to make paintings and sculptures of monsters and cool stuff, eventually building a whole museum and art gallery of Hyrule. Gotta keep ultrahand in some fashion so you can make new sculptures/abominations to photograph and make sculptures of again.

... Pikango?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just cleared Thunder Temple, best dungeon IMO even if the boss sucked rear end, how are you meant to hit it when it spams tornadoes, and why the lights when Riju/Fire works as well.

I'd actually like to go do Water Temple next just to finish all phenomena, but enemies are starting to scale up (just fpund a Construct IV) and I'm both afraid I won't be able to farm low tier mats like Lizalfos horns and that enemies will be too spongy.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Taking the time to farm bomb flowers is super easy with the Sensor+ and its so fun to open up attacks against enemy camps with bomb arrows. This is my favorite change from BOTW right here. The flexibility with your arrows.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm at work and can't check, has anyone tried fusing an Octo Balloon to an arrow? Because I can't help but imagine doing that and Fulton-ing bokoblins.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Asterite34 posted:

Fair enough, even if Hyrule Castle Refurbishment has only reached the stage of "tent city around the ruins of Castle Town and maybe checking out the basement," I guess she could probably have afforded one of those Hateno prefab cube houses.

That said, Link's her bodyguard, them just cohabitating at his house is convenient for everyone if only to remain nearby in case of more Yiga assassins or whatever. Plus now he has someone who can decorate his hovel with something more stylish than trophies taken off dead people.
well now we need an epilogue where hyrule castle is replaced with hudson construction prefab cube castle

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
sure do wish i hadn't been dumb enough to wait until the fourth temple to see if i could fuse the master sword

for the love of god, fuse the master sword

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s a shame some things are technically “early” but totally awesome. I fought a ninja trying to run me over with a monster truck before doing any temples when you’re supposed to do that after your first, and I just went and had a robot boxing match before finishing all four, when I think you don’t get pointed that way until after doing the four phenomena.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxxidation posted:

sure do wish i hadn't been dumb enough to wait until the fourth temple to see if i could fuse the master sword

for the love of god, fuse the master sword

I do have a question about that. Does whatever you fuse to it evebtually break? Cause I might just fuse Ghibdo bones forever lol.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I do have a question about that. Does whatever you fuse to it evebtually break? Cause I might just fuse Ghibdo bones forever lol.

yes, it works the same as any other fusion where the part either breaks on its own or "breaks" when the sword itself runs out of juice

the affixed part is basically absorbed into the sword and becomes a phantom version of itself that manifests on swing, so all its other properties still apply

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Books On Tape posted:

Taking the time to farm bomb flowers is super easy with the Sensor+ and its so fun to open up attacks against enemy camps with bomb arrows. This is my favorite change from BOTW right here. The flexibility with your arrows.

Dump 100 Zonai charges in the next bubble machine with rockets in it. If you think bombarriws are fun wait until you become a missile launcher.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s a shame some things are technically “early” but totally awesome. I fought a ninja trying to run me over with a monster truck before doing any temples when you’re supposed to do that after your first, and I just went and had a robot boxing match before finishing all four, when I think you don’t get pointed that way until after doing the four phenomena.

Naw, they're not early, you meant to stumble into them and they often point you to Kohga who points you to all of his next ones. Finding schema before autobuild is meant to make you curious or excited about something yet uncovered and honestly they're the kind of things best done before you're a death machine, since you will use more of the toys lying around. The camps in particular feature 2-4 neat unique machine ideas they don't really use anywhere else and are cool templates or inspo for fun little vehicles and stuff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Are there any good elixir recipes I should know about? haven't really experimented much with those or could really tell what to toss in to make a good one.

Seems like just using 5 banana's or porgies or specific weather food until you got clothes is easy enough to understand and gets the job done fine.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Froggy armor set being mvp on these sky islands where the rain never stops. Never slipping while its raining is such a godsend.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
The amount of cheezing you can do with zonai devices and ascend with temples is nuts. I basically used a cart one time in fire temple after realizing I can just be cheat link.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Caidin posted:

Hyrule Castle is a haunted lifeless husk of a building and while she may have convinced modern Hyrule that she's a princess I don't think she actually has the pull or the manpower to get that place repainted.

she's either nice or smart enough that she's not prioritizing personal mansion work over critical and necessary infrastructure work, have you seen the state of the tabantha great bridge?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Where are people placing their travel medallions? I feel like I can get just about anywhere pretty quickly with skydiving.

For anyone that has maxed out your energy cell: is there a place to dump extra crystallized charges, or do they just accumulate in key items? Just curious, I'm not there yet.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

poor life choice posted:

Where are people placing their travel medallions? I feel like I can get just about anywhere pretty quickly with skydiving.

For anyone that has maxed out your energy cell: is there a place to dump extra crystallized charges, or do they just accumulate in key items? Just curious, I'm not there yet.

I just saw a video about fast charge farming and apparently the refinery at Tutorial Island will sell Zonaite devices once you max out. Including Big Batteries.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Are there any good elixir recipes I should know about? haven't really experimented much with those or could really tell what to toss in to make a good one.

Seems like just using 5 banana's or porgies or specific weather food until you got clothes is easy enough to understand and gets the job done fine.

The only really fancy one I use is 2 high quality meat and 3 of the sunblooms, which will first heal your corrupted hearts and then heal them as normal hearts, fantastic space saver for the Depths. Beyond that I always have my prepared meals tab full but it's always "what do I need? 5 of that please"

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I just saw a video about fast charge farming and apparently the refinery at Tutorial Island will sell Zonaite devices once you max out. Including Big Batteries.

Fwiw (not there yet myself), I believe you have to have discovered a device in the wild for it to be available from that vendor, and for the device mentioned, there are only a couple out in the world, and to my knowledge they are not obtainable from dispensers, only chests.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

uwaeve posted:

Fwiw (not there yet myself), I believe you have to have discovered a device in the wild for it to be available from that vendor, and for the device mentioned, there are only a couple out in the world, and to my knowledge they are not obtainable from dispensers, only chests.

Yeah, Big Batteries are only found on shrines.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Someone mentioned earlier that the placement of combat training shrines seems weird sometimes, and I'm feeling it today. I found one gated behind a skydiving challenge from a random sky island, and it turned out to be a trainer for focused arrow aiming while falling. And then the very next shrine I found was the basic archery training. I'm getting close to 60 shrines in, I think I know how to shoot a bow! :sigh:

I was starting to think through how they could be placed better, but honestly, they all feel like lazy filler. You already have the game telling you how to fight and do special moves, having a bunch of shrines also doing it is just wasting space for more puzzles.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that the placement of combat training shrines seems weird sometimes, and I'm feeling it today. I found one gated behind a skydiving challenge from a random sky island, and it turned out to be a trainer for focused arrow aiming while falling. And then the very next shrine I found was the basic archery training. I'm getting close to 60 shrines in, I think I know how to shoot a bow! :sigh:

I was starting to think through how they could be placed better, but honestly, they all feel like lazy filler. You already have the game telling you how to fight and do special moves, having a bunch of shrines also doing it is just wasting space for more puzzles.

I 100% needed the material throwing tutorial. Even with it, I got confused and kept trying to select the material before hitting the throw button.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

poor life choice posted:

I have one right outside the disassembly shop in Tarrey Town because the nearest shrine is a tad bit too far away for it to be convenient for how often I use it

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

poor life choice posted:

I have one at the top of Hyrule Castle (which turned out extremely handy for a quest) and another near the final fight, though I'll probably move that anyway. I mainly use them as a quick save/rest/restock point if I'm in the middle of something or slap em right next to a lynel for farming.

^^ yeah the disassembly shop is a good one too

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Do Link and Zelda have a happy ending at least? Again, I don't care about spoilers.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I 100% needed the material throwing tutorial. Even with it, I got confused and kept trying to select the material before hitting the throw button.

Good God I wish this worked both ways, I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't. Hold R, hit up... Hold up, hit R... what is the difference they both go to the same menu Nintendooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Do Link and Zelda have a happy ending at least? Again, I don't care about spoilers.

it's zelda. the only one with a remotely melancholy ending was majora's mask and nintendo treats that kind of story experimentation like a spitting cobra these days