Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
99.9% of the time your fate is sealed well before your actual NJP.

Source: I "got to" attend every weekly legal brief and department head meeting at two large commands for a total of about 4 years.

The .1% that wasn't already set was an E8 that went to mast for a variety of fuckery involving a junior female sailor. The CO started the mast (All E7 and up at sub school were mandated to attend and there was me, the E6 DAPA which wasn't uncomfortable at all) by reminding the senior chief how many times they served together and how he hand picked him for a mission, blah blah blah. Then he asked how he pled and he said "not guilty".

Skipper slammed his book shut and stormed out while yelling that the case would be sent to court martial. Which ended poorly for old STS1 UsedToBeSeniorChief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Boi
Nov 1, 2021

Wingnut Ninja posted:

So I was browsing O-5 rank insignia today on the Navy Exchange website for, uh, no particular reason, and I made the amusing discovery that Jewish chaplain shoulder boards cost slightly more than Christian chaplain shoulder boards. :jewish:

Hahaha you dumb rear end in a top hat… “So I was browsing O-5 rank insignia today…” is the beginning to only the most up its own rear end dumb motherfuckers post.

None of us give a gently caress about your rank in your little Scouts club you stupid gently caress. You know what outranks your stupid little O-5 rank (that you clearly aren’t ready for, so par for course navy. Good job)? My grandmother.

There’s a loving amendment, a pile of laws, and an entire old folks home that make her more important, and worth keeping alive, than you, lieutenant commander dumbfuck.

Choke on all the dicks, your never gonna get a bird on your shoulders being this goddamned dumb.

Wait no, no… You will.

Enjoy fighting in our next war, they keep crowing China. Enjoy your land war in Asia. You stupid, guileless, self aggrandizing, worthless waste of an officer billet.

If your mother had the abortion she clearly couldn’t afford after freebasing for the first two trimesters not only would this forum be better for it, but who or whatever is unfortunate enough to have to live with you would be as well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Flyinglemur posted:

Source: I "got to" attend every weekly legal brief and department head meeting at two large commands for a total of about 4 years.

The .1% that wasn't already set was an E8 that went to mast for a variety of fuckery involving a junior female sailor. The CO started the mast (All E7 and up at sub school were mandated to attend and there was me, the E6 DAPA which wasn't uncomfortable at all) by reminding the senior chief how many times they served together and how he hand picked him for a mission, blah blah blah. Then he asked how he pled and he said "not guilty".

Skipper slammed his book shut and stormed out while yelling that the case would be sent to court martial. Which ended poorly for old STS1 UsedToBeSeniorChief.

Eh this depends on the CO. Both COs that I was a dept head under were fairly heavily influenced by the input from the sailors' chain of command as well as (especially so) what the sailor going to mast said at the mast. One particular mast we even convinced the CO that his punishment had been too harsh and he vacated it a week after the fact.

I will concede that COs at large shore commands where there are masts every week are probably far less likely to give each mast individual attention.

Cerekk fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 21, 2023

War Boi
Nov 1, 2021
P.S. WE CAN AFFORD THE MORE EXPENSIVE RANKS. THINK ABOUT IT.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Everyone posting on this page, report for urinalysis.

I've had a medical card for 5 years or so. My sample would be literally on fire.

Edit: Warboi, is everything ok at home buddy?

War Boi
Nov 1, 2021
Sorry, too much uh, herb. I guess you aren’t some O-5 select and were just browsing poo poo at the NEX. I got rage issues, sorry, shipmate.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just stopping by from the LC to say: lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

War Boi posted:

Hahaha you dumb rear end in a top hat… “So I was browsing O-5 rank insignia today…” is the beginning to only the most up its own rear end dumb motherfuckers post.

None of us give a gently caress about your rank in your little Scouts club you stupid gently caress. You know what outranks your stupid little O-5 rank (that you clearly aren’t ready for, so par for course navy. Good job)? My grandmother.

There’s a loving amendment, a pile of laws, and an entire old folks home that make her more important, and worth keeping alive, than you, lieutenant commander dumbfuck.

Choke on all the dicks, your never gonna get a bird on your shoulders being this goddamned dumb.

Wait no, no… You will.

Enjoy fighting in our next war, they keep crowing China. Enjoy your land war in Asia. You stupid, guileless, self aggrandizing, worthless waste of an officer billet.

If your mother had the abortion she clearly couldn’t afford after freebasing for the first two trimesters not only would this forum be better for it, but who or whatever is unfortunate enough to have to live with you would be as well.

lol gently caress off out of here dork

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

That would have been a lot funnier if he’d eased into it over a few posts instead of just kramering into the thread and immediately full bore making GBS threads all over everything.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hekk posted:

That would have been a lot funnier if he’d eased into it over a few posts instead of just kramering into the thread and immediately full bore making GBS threads all over everything.

There's no way that isn't someone's alt.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Flyinglemur posted:

Was that when Antcliff was CO? I had the pleasure of watching Captain Antcliff yell at an Eng so hard the Eng had a heart attack* and got de-Enged and sent to be Weps on a precom.

*panic attack

When I went to mast as a SPU, the results of my DRB were a recommendation for full punishment and removal from the Navy. I went to talk to this Chief I had worked for, 'cause I knew he has been busted, and that's why it took him forever to make E7. Basically I just unloaded about getting railroaded for something that was a little shady, but literally everyone did, he said "keep your head up, Petty Officer Elviscat, you'll be fine, no matter what the results of your mast are" and I left his office.

Well, it turns out he was massively influential with the CMC and the other E9 who lead the DRB, and he went and had them change their recommendation to a slap on the wrists, so I got a suspended bust and lost my SDAP for two months, didn't even get sent to sea early. I realized after the fact how and why my career had been saved, and it was complete bullshit that that's how it worked.

E: whether I hate or love that Chief for that is an open question, lol.

War Boi posted:

Lol, what the hell.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

War Boi posted:

P.S. WE CAN AFFORD THE MORE EXPENSIVE RANKS. THINK ABOUT IT.

This stereotype is hurtful.

Some of us Jews are broke.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

War Boi posted:

Wait no, no… You will.

must have been stationed at NAF Atsugi to come out swinging with a post like this

goddamn

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

goddamn that one went right over my head

brb queueing a longer probe

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude going to take a week off lol

I do wish they'd post that wild take on their main though

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

goddamn that one went right over my head

brb queueing a longer probe

I dunno man, I like his moxie. And that was fake offense, we have that bag of gold around our necks and all that.

If he’s probated he can’t post and step on rakes attempting to be funny, and accidentally be funny for being ‘that guy’.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

What about the rothstein’s ion cannon tho? Why do you think I’m converting for: God? Smdh.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

What about the rothstein’s ion cannon tho? Why do you think I’m converting for: God? Smdh.

Beware, the mohel doesn’t charge anything for an adult. He just keeps the tip.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Beware, the mohel doesn’t charge anything for an adult. He just keeps the tip.

Sir we live in a nation, and there are, as you noted previously, standards and laws. The standard for males born in American hospitals is snip snip. I’m good unless the rabbi wants to give me a sad hand breezy just to check.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did a mohel do it? Because after he goes all twilight vampire on your shvantz, gives you herpes and HPV in the process. And then you die and find out there is no god, but you lived a good live. Warts, acyclovir, and all.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

And that’s after he goes all twilight vampire on your shvantz, gives you herpes and HPV in the process. And then you die and find out there is no god, but you lived a good live. Warts, acyclovir, and all.

that was oddly specific, is it just an orthodox thing cause I’m prob going conservative or reform

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

And who says this isn’t a healthy way converse freely with your coworkers past and present? If he hadn’t hit that release valve he probably would have had an aneurism pooping later tonight.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Crab Dad posted:

And who says this isn’t a healthy way converse freely with your coworkers past and present? If he hadn’t hit that release valve he probably would have had an aneurism pooping later tonight.

I feel like it’s an expression of Trauma. The command must have really hurt him.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

that was oddly specific, is it just an orthodox thing cause I’m prob going conservative or reform

:(

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Elviscat posted:

Was that when Antcliff was CO? I had the pleasure of watching Captain Antcliff yell at an Eng so hard the Eng had a heart attack* and got de-Enged and sent to be Weps on a precom.

*panic attack

When I went to mast as a SPU, the results of my DRB were a recommendation for full punishment and removal from the Navy. I went to talk to this Chief I had worked for, 'cause I knew he has been busted, and that's why it took him forever to make E7. Basically I just unloaded about getting railroaded for something that was a little shady, but literally everyone did, he said "keep your head up, Petty Officer Elviscat, you'll be fine, no matter what the results of your mast are" and I left his office.

Well, it turns out he was massively influential with the CMC and the other E9 who lead the DRB, and he went and had them change their recommendation to a slap on the wrists, so I got a suspended bust and lost my SDAP for two months, didn't even get sent to sea early. I realized after the fact how and why my career had been saved, and it was complete bullshit that that's how it worked.

E: whether I hate or love that Chief for that is an open question, lol.

Lol, what the hell.

So I talked to flyinglemur via pm while I was probed. And between that discussion and this, the world will never know what happened.

I think it was the loving CMC though. At XOI the XO told me “this was nothing, just talk to me, we can make it go away.” And, at mast, the CO was drilling me on what I thought I’d do out the navy. So maybe they were trying to scare me straight. Or maybe they wanted to gaslight me before sticking the knife in.

Idk. All I know is poo poo changed from the moment I said those words, in the room, in that moment. Of course, my COC def hosed me behind my back and they did it to my face too, all down the line. And that me remaining silent until I voiced my right to remain silent by agreeing to talk to the CO was probably a mistake.

But I didn’t care anymore. Command gave up on me and I on them. gently caress the Navy. Shoulda went Army 11b and called it a day. I’d have been happy, even if I died out there.

e: found this motherfucker. never thought to look before today.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenpachuta/ (the CO)

i wish i never looked

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 22, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, it's usually the Chiefs' decision well before it gets to the CO, and the bar for their "investigations" is incredible low, bunch of railroading bullshit.

At XOI the XO forced me to call my parents on speakerphone and tell them I was about to be kicked out of the Navy. If some fuckface O4 had tried that later in my career they would have had something valid to mast me over, but I was young and stupid and relying on my superiors to do the right thing.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, it's usually the Chiefs' decision well before it gets to the CO, and the bar for their "investigations" is incredible low, bunch of railroading bullshit.

At XOI the XO forced me to call my parents on speakerphone and tell them I was about to be kicked out of the Navy. If some fuckface O4 had tried that later in my career they would have had something valid to mast me over, but I was young and stupid and relying on my superiors to do the right thing.

Ya’ll be out here giving junior oficers (anything below O-5) too much power. drat.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheWeedNumber posted:

So I talked to flyinglemur via pm while I was probed. And between that discussion and this, the world will never know what happened.

I think it was the loving CMC though. At XOI the XO told me “this was nothing, just talk to me, we can make it go away.” And, at mast, the CO was drilling me on what I thought I’d do out the navy. So maybe they were trying to scare me straight. Or maybe they wanted to gaslight me before sticking the knife in.

Idk. All I know is poo poo changed from the moment I said those words, in the room, in that moment. Of course, my COC def hosed me behind my back and they did it to my face too, all down the line. And that me remaining silent until I voiced my right to remain silent by agreeing to talk to the CO was probably a mistake.

But I didn’t care anymore. Command gave up on me and I on them. gently caress the Navy. Shoulda went Army 11b and called it a day. I’d have been happy, even if I died out there.

e: found this motherfucker. never thought to look before today.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenpachuta/ (the CO)

i wish i never looked

You just about gave an irregular heartbeat. My first CO was a psychotic named Pachuta, but different first name. gently caress.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Stultus Maximus posted:

You just about gave an irregular heartbeat. My first CO was a psychotic named Pachuta, but different first name. gently caress.

im so sorry fam. on my end im just tight he got a star before he went. and that i got hosed by a dentist

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Why'd you make me do this, TWN?

Excerpt from Cameron Aljilani's LinkedIn.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER loving DEPLOYMENT CAMERON?

(CO who almost killed me and about a hundred other sailors, and destroyed a $3,000,000,000 dollar submarine through gross negligence, sent to shore duty without reduction in rank, i.e. faced less consequences than your average junior enlisted at NJP)

E: it's almost like the Navy is rotten to the core or something.

E2: nice omission of the ship's name so people can't Google it too, you worthless gently caress.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 22, 2023

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TheWeedNumber posted:

im so sorry fam. on my end im just tight he got a star before he went. and that i got hosed by a dentist

I know mine got a bird and I don't want to find out if he got more.

MFer cussed out sailors on tiger cruise.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

TheWeedNumber posted:

must have been stationed at NAF Atsugi to come out swinging with a post like this

goddamn

I had the chillest six months of my Navy career at Atsugi putting up chain link fence on a seven man det. The Seabees stationed there were like, super chill to. What's up on Atsugi that people are not cool and stuff because that is like, the best location to be.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Elviscat posted:

(CO who almost killed me and about a hundred other sailors, and destroyed a $3,000,000,000 dollar submarine through gross negligence, sent to shore duty without reduction in rank, i.e. faced less consequences than your average junior enlisted at NJP)

E2: nice omission of the ship's name so people can't Google it too, you worthless gently caress.

oh my loving god.

im so sorry i sent you down the rabbit hole too

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

I had the chillest six months of my Navy career at Atsugi putting up chain link fence on a seven man det. The Seabees stationed there were like, super chill to. What's up on Atsugi that people are not cool and stuff because that is like, the best location to be.

orange juche, take it away please

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Elviscat posted:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/11/5/us-submarine-commander-fired-after-crash-into-sea-mountain

got you

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Really digging the thread page number/poster vibe on this one.

:crabdrugs:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
So I have survived command for the second (technically third), and final time. Got a band at the end and everything.

Now off to shore duty to try and recoup before retirement.

While I'm a bit wistful about never being at sea again, I can safely say that I extremely glad to be done with the surface warfare enterprise. This last 18 months finally broke me. It's time for me to move on.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Please edit your post as to not set yourself up for the ultimate happiness transfer occurrence

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Put on a bird AND start wearing a paperclip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
We need a photoshop of the O-6 eagle with the arrows swapped out for a paperclip.