Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Not sure if this really a spoiler on not, but I randomly ran into and was able to get on top of Naydra… I got one horn and 12 spike shards, is there anything else I can get/do here? I want to make sure i don’t miss anything…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Wouldn't it be Rauru's stone that was stuck to his hand and was then picked up by Zelda, then taken back through time? She keeps it through the whole story until she eats it, so there's no real time paradox, just a single object in two places at once. Sonia's stone stays with Ganondorf, since if he didn't have it, he wouldn't be the demon king.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Mega64 posted:

I have a dumb story question. Major spoilers.

Is there some chart or whatever about where the secret stones end up? The four sages are obvious, but Zelda brings her own and I don't remember how she got that one, or what happens with Rauru's (though it was probably shown in the tutorial and I just forgot). Also, does that mean the three main dragons from BotW also did the forbidden thing, and if so what happened to those stones?

Just curious more than anything.

Rauru's stone falls off his arm in the opening and Zelda picks it up before she falls and takes it into the past, Sonia's gets yoinked by Ganondorf, and the other five stones end up in the temples waiting for the Sages to claim them.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Rand Brittain posted:

Wouldn't it be Rauru's stone that was stuck to his hand and was then picked up by Zelda, then taken back through time? She keeps it through the whole story until she eats it, so there's no real time paradox, just a single object in two places at once. Sonia's stone stays with Ganondorf, since if he didn't have it, he wouldn't be the demon king.

Ah right that makes sense actually.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Not sure if this really a spoiler on not, but I randomly ran into and was able to get on top of Naydra… I got one horn and 12 spike shards, is there anything else I can get/do here? I want to make sure i don’t miss anything…

You can get as many shards as you want, but for horn/scale/fang/claw, you can only collect one of them every 10 minutes.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Get a claw before you bail, you'll need it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Down to the last 20 shrines, I wanna finish them off before I get around to beating the game. Is it me or does Link have a lot of loving hearts to build back up?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a list of weapons and their durability? At a point where I want to start noting that for a few weapons in particular and may as well not reinvent the wheel.

In particular looking at Gerudo, Zora, Zonaite (mighty if it's different), and Royal.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 22, 2023

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Some one mentioned a good place to grab a bunch of arrows earlier, where was that?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I feel like the durability system would be less annoying if Link automatically equipped the next weapon/shield/bow in the inventory when one breaks.

Also let me craft a stack of fire arrows so I don’t have to press up on the d-pad and select “fuse” after every shot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Sage's Stones: Locked in their respective temples until the new sages eventually claim them.
Zelda's: Was originally Sonia's. Falls off Dehydrated Ganondorf in the intro of the game and Zelda picks it up before all the poo poo goes down. It's what amplified her innate time powers and poofed her to the past. So yeah technically time paradox bullshit since the one stone duplicates.
Rauru: ??? I'm not all the way through the game so I don't actually know.

I'm still holding out the arm is Liquid all along.

Where is the Tri Force and Goddesses in all of this? I mean, I obviously know about the lumpy stone goddesses and dragons with dragony versions of their names, but idk, my first Zelda story memory is Zelda or whoever telling Link about the goddesses making the world n poo poo in OoT. With the Zonai being like gods I was half expecting some Ancient...er alien reveal they were the goddesses all along kinda deal

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Question about a side cave, the Gerudo Sanctuary:
I found a back way in that got me to the frog, so technically I'm "done", but this is bugging me, I'm still locked off from a large part of it and the main entrance by the icehouse had a divot for an orb I can't find. Is it sitting somewhere, is this part of a quest I'll come back to later, or is this all just to mess with my head?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It was brave of Nintendo to include chanting in the Fire Temple music after what happened last time.

There sure were a whole lot of minecarts in that place that I basically ignored by gliding and climbing everywhere, I don't think I switched more than a single track.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

I wasted a lot of time trying to get into the depths below Rito village. I get the general design idea for the depths, but this really made it obvious that water is often ceiling underground. And yeah I later found out that advancing the depths investigation quest clues you in to a chasm in Ritoville.

I've picked up a decent number of armor pieces with no special effects, and wondering whether completing the set gives you anything extra.

I like the sky islands idea and how they give you a chill bunch of small areas to explore. Really reminds me of Ogre Battle and its sky island maps, and how at the time I wanted to explore/interact with them more.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

If you want, it takes 10 minutes irl for the dragons to become farmable again, so if you have spare time you can let Link chill on their back for a bit and get more parts.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Khanstant posted:

I'm still holding out the arm is Liquid all along.

Where is the Tri Force and Goddesses in all of this? I mean, I obviously know about the lumpy stone goddesses and dragons with dragony versions of their names, but idk, my first Zelda story memory is Zelda or whoever telling Link about the goddesses making the world n poo poo in OoT. With the Zonai being like gods I was half expecting some Ancient...er alien reveal they were the goddesses all along kinda deal

The original goddess trio haven't really been a thing since twilight princess where they instead got mutated into... spirit beast things? And then again in Skyward sword into the humanoid dragons, and then finally into the asia dragons we've got today. Like they're mentioned in Skyward Sword as goddesses, but basically only to go "And now Hylia dealt with poo poo"

If the 3 dragons are 3 Zonai who ate rocks, then logically they're the 3 goddesses. Just as dragons instead of the golden statue things they showed in the bad cutscenes in OoT.

The Triforce is... :shrug: OoT gave us the backstory of it being made by the 3 goddesses. So with the 3 goddesses ceasing to be relevant, I suppose the triforce does too. I suppose if they stick with BotW/TotK timezone for games they could go on to it being a zonai artifact.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 22, 2023

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A Call To The Depths

Was assuming the statue was evil and i guess I was sort of wrong but now I have a sick rear end Tunic Of The Depths or something that makes link look like a warlock cultist. Tedious rear end mission but I like tramping around underground.

Think I’m gonna try and clear out some other Plateau adjacent stuff that I marked. I saw a weird purple cloud within gliding range that I’m gonna check out next I think.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm relieved this thread is finally slowing down. For a few days there I would wake up in the morning to 300+ new posts.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Just found out that dazzlefruit will instakill Stal- enemies. Haven't tried it on a Stalnox yet, but it sure made the quest to defend the pumpkin patch from a bunch of stals real easy.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Supremezero posted:

The original goddess trio haven't really been a thing since twilight princess where they instead got mutated into... spirit beast things? And then again in Skyward sword into the humanoid dragons, and then finally into the asia dragons we've got today. Like they're mentioned in Skyward Sword as goddesses, but basically only to go "And now Hylia dealt with poo poo"

If the 3 dragons are 3 Zonai who ate rocks, then logically they're the 3 goddesses. Just as dragons instead of the golden statue things they showed in the bad cutscenes in OoT.

The Triforce is... :shrug: OoT gave us the backstory of it being made by the 3 goddesses. So with the 3 goddesses ceasing to be relevant, I suppose the triforce does too. I suppose if they stick with BotW/TotK timezone for games they could go on to it being a zonai artifact.

The Triforce matters beyond OoT, its just either as an unspecified 'Sacred Power' or a creation of Hylia now instead of the triumverate Goddesses OoT presented.

But getting it or at least the Courage bit was a big part of WW, TP, LBW and Skyward Sword.

You can sort of twist things together still if you think of Din/Nayru/Farore as the original creator gods who eventually abandon the world, Hylia as the Goddess who takes up stewardship of the world after them (including protection of the Triforce) until she falls in love with proto-Link and starts incarnating as Zelda after Demise kills him which leads to Skyward Sword. Which the Zonai stuff in TotK has thrown wildly out of whack.

Zore fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 22, 2023

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zore posted:

The Triforce matters beyond OoT, its just either as an unspecified 'Sacred Power' or a creation of Hylia now instead of the triumverate Goddesses OoT presented.

But getting it or at least the Courage bit was a big part of WW, TP, LBW and Skyward Sword.
unironically one of the funniest parts of twilight princess is the gods going "hey you know what would be hilarious" and giving ganondorf the triforce of power while he's on death row.

also mark me down as someone else who is Slightly Annoyed that the triforce and the goddess triumvirate kinda just got shlorped up into hylia. I liked when all three main characters each had their own inscrutable magical bullshit because it felt like we were on equal footing.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The best guess we have as to where the triforce is is that Zelda currently has the completely triforce since it shows up whenever she uses her sealing powers in Breath of the Wild. Apart from that it only shows up in design motifs. As far as Tears of the Kingdom, I don't recall it appearing at all when anybody uses any powers, but it does show up on Sonia's arm as part of her markings (without the rest of the Royal Crest, even). Nobody ever mentions it by name though so who knows.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blaziken386 posted:

unironically one of the funniest parts of twilight princess is the gods going "hey you know what would be hilarious" and giving ganondorf the triforce of power while he's on death row.

also mark me down as someone else who is Slightly Annoyed that the triforce and the goddess triumvirate kinda just got shlorped up into hylia. I liked when all three main characters each had their own inscrutable magical bullshit because it felt like we were on equal footing.

Isn’t the point of the Triforce that it doesn’t have a will of its own and that’s why it’s bad if Ganon obtains it?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

Isn’t the point of the Triforce that it doesn’t have a will of its own and that’s why it’s bad if Ganon obtains it?

Kinda? Getting the whole thing has always been portrayed as a way to gain some kind of incredible power but the pieces seem to gravitate to Zelda/Link/Ganon because there are multiple versions who just Have part of it from birth because they're champions of Wisdom/Courage/Power. And sometimes they can be broken or locked away for Link to collect again.

Its inconsistent and vague as hell game to game beyond 'Ganon(dorf) getting this is Bad. Zelda or Link having it is Good. Sealing it away is Good'.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Maxy Boy posted:

I found the same shrine early on (before I had the glider) and had to give up on it.

In hindsight I bet you could climb that first ledge using Ultrahand + Recall shenanigans, but I don't think that would work on the next puzzle.

No, it does. UH the elevator up halfway, recall and ride it up to that half point, while in the air UH a platform from the ground and use the height to bring it up to the wall top, go down, stand on platform, recall

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

i think the nice thing about the way they've been doing the story in botw/totk is that they can just as easily make the triforce a thing in the next game if they want and it would probably work fine

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Finally managed to crack the second line of hearts. :toot:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Finally did a temple, was NOT expecting the replacement for the champions' powers to work like that. Having Tulin hang out with me until its time for him to shoot a Hinox in the eyeball is fuckin sick

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The Triforce is kind of up there with the Sword of Mana in the rankings of "magical powers that never actually provide any benefit to the world except for maybe, sometimes, undoing some of the damage done by evil forces in trying to steal it."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just lemme fuse the triforce to a sword come on

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Do I HAVE to get past the lost woods via the depths? can't figure out if there's a trick through navigating the fog

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Link rarely has mojo of his own though? I mean he'll accumulate magic whatsits like the ocarina by merit or chance or get turned into a wolf and have people in his corner who turn things like that to his favor but compared to the magical dynamo's that are Ganondorf and Zelda, Link mostly makes do with a sword and a face that can take a stunning amount of punishment. Even in these games he owes a lot to a magic ipad and Rauru lending a hand.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Question about a side cave, the Gerudo Sanctuary:
I found a back way in that got me to the frog, so technically I'm "done", but this is bugging me, I'm still locked off from a large part of it and the main entrance by the icehouse had a divot for an orb I can't find. Is it sitting somewhere, is this part of a quest I'll come back to later, or is this all just to mess with my head?

check on your quests in gerudo town, there’s one that also requires orbs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Been kinda slow walking the game between other obligations this week, I've finished two of the dungeons and spent some time just kind of loving around in the overworld looking for sidequests. Ended up stumbling on the Master Sword, and I absolutely love how the fusion mechanic interacts with it. Specifically that when you draw it the blade initially shows the fusion physically present on it, but then after a second or two it fades into the traditional Master Sword but with glowing runes. A cool way of acknowledging it's being empowered while not mucking up such a classic design. Also I am heavily convinced that the dragon of light is Zelda, somehow. Not only did it have the Master Sword and showed a vision of Zelda after you get it, it has the same color scheme as her and golden "hair". I have no idea how that happened, but it's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Dumb "can you ever repair/regain weapons" question: through random exploring I happened upon a message in a bottle that lead me to the rad as hell Fierce Deity armorset, and then subsequently the Fierce Deity Sword. This is super cool but also like: how does the sword work? Does it regen like the Master Sword after you break it? And if not, is it really a one and done thing or is there some way to get it back? Because if it is one and done I legit don't think I'll ever actually use it, lol.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Supremezero posted:

OoT gave us the backstory of it being made by the 3 goddesses.

no it was part of a link to the past's story too

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

CaptainJuan posted:

Do I HAVE to get past the lost woods via the depths? can't figure out if there's a trick through navigating the fog

Yes There is no way through the Lost Woods or from the sky until you clear the issue with the Deku Tree

Sydin posted:

Been kinda slow walking the game between other obligations this week, I've finished two of the dungeons and spent some time just kind of loving around in the overworld looking for sidequests. Ended up stumbling on the Master Sword, and I absolutely love how the fusion mechanic interacts with it. Specifically that when you draw it the blade initially shows the fusion physically present on it, but then after a second or two it fades into the traditional Master Sword but with glowing runes. A cool way of acknowledging it's being empowered while not mucking up such a classic design. Also I am heavily convinced that the dragon of light is Zelda, somehow. Not only did it have the Master Sword and showed a vision of Zelda after you get it, it has the same color scheme as her and golden "hair". I have no idea how that happened, but it's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Dumb "can you ever repair/regain weapons" question: through random exploring I happened upon a message in a bottle that lead me to the rad as hell Fierce Deity armorset, and then subsequently the Fierce Deity Sword. This is super cool but also like: how does the sword work? Does it regen like the Master Sword after you break it? And if not, is it really a one and done thing or is there some way to get it back? Because if it is one and done I legit don't think I'll ever actually use it, lol.

As fair as the repair/regain weapons For the Fierce Diety's sword in particular, you can buy new ones for Poes from the weirdo statues in the Depths/Lookout Landing that sell all the spooky armor. They're also the source to rebuy any of the DLC armor if you sell it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Zore posted:

Yes There is no way through the Lost Woods or from the sky until you clear the issue with the Deku Tree

As fair as the repair/regain weapons For the Fierce Diety's sword in particular, you can buy new ones for Poes from the weirdo statues in the Depths/Lookout Landing that sell all the spooky armor. They're also the source to rebuy any of the DLC armor if you sell it

Oh so that's what the poes are for, glad I've been hoarding any I see then I guess. Thanks!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

CaptainJuan posted:

Yes. The entrance is in the same place as it is on the surface, just underground this time.

Technically there’s also one spot where you can drop in from the air but that only gets you an isolated shrine and I’m not 100% sure you can do that before going in the “intended” way anyway. The Lost Woods actually stand out in this game just by only having one way in as far as I know.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hawkperson posted:

check on your quests in gerudo town, there’s one that also requires orbs

Yeah, I figured that out.

Then when carrying the orb there I got ambushed by a Yiga just before safety (ie downhill being progress), he plinked me so I dropped the orb, it rolled half a mile away into a Molduga, which killed me because I was wearing low-armor cold resist gear. The orb was not there on respawn, had to go all the way back.

Next time "screw it, I'll take the safer way there underground". Orb doesn't fit through the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/BloodCrisisGame/status/1660320123796725760